Numbered Days

WORDS WORDS WORDS

griffon8

Re: Numbered Days

Post by griffon8 »

'Thanks', bintoy. Just reread the entire story. Like I don't have enough things to do. :wink:

On the subject of maintaining sanity, I think it would be a whole lot easier for Hisao and company to remain sane. After all, they are free to progress relative to each other throughout the loops. Hisao and Hanako's relationship deepens with each loop. Emi, Rin, and Lilly can change what they do, and the rest can enjoy those changes. If Kenji and the Nurse accept it too, they can also do different things.

As Groundhog Day showed, it's difficult to maintain sanity when you're the only one going through it.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
bintoy

Post by bintoy »

griffon8 wrote:After all, they are free to progress relative to each other throughout the loops.
Actually, since they retain their memories, they're also immortal. Even IF someone dies in a loop, they shall be reincarnated to Square 1. And, there are some fun things one can do in this situation.

acquire infinite amounts of knowledge, you've got an eternity to study. might be able to create a time machine or something in time. Challenge the Forces!

or just stalk someone and memorize their 6-month lives then freak them out in the next loops.

Or, :D
borrow one heck of an amount of money, then go on an around-the-world journey. one country per loop if you want to. Don't worry about paying it all back, you don't have to. :lol:

But it would sure suck when on the supposed night of restarting:
---------------------
"Hanako, you know the drill, hold tight as long as you can..."

She nods and buries her head into my chest. I never do get tired of embracing her. I hold my love in my arms firmly, waiting for those unexplainable forces to try to pull us apart for the nth time.

"..."

I take a peek. I open both my eyes. After all that's happened in our being here, and that's a lot, I can't believe THIS.

"OH GO~ why are we still here? time isn't restarting! This... This n-never happened before!" I break my embrace and lift her head to face me.

"Hanako! Ahh, Hanako this is wonderful!" I can tell from her wide eyes and her looking around our hotel room, she's dumbstruck by what's happening. I put my arms around her and spin her in my joy.
"Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!"

"Hisao! Wait I.."

I set her down the bed and say, "We're alive Hanako! I mean, we can find out what's happening next in our lives!" I go to out into the veranda and shout into the air, "YOU THERE! WHOEVER YOU ARE, I THANK YOU AND FORGIVE YOU! Hahaha!"

Still laughing from my little sarcasm and mockery of whoever or whatever gods were responsible, I enter our room again and step on something. It's my wallet. Then I realize something else.

"Oh fu~ shit. We're... Hanako, pack your bags, we're going to hide from our creditors.."
---------------------
heresy grows from idleness! -warhammer space marine
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

Stepping in now...

Amusing an idea as that is, bintoy... No, just no XD Well, the stalking one, I'm sure Kenji would pull off once or twice... or 3000... ">_>

I have to say, I'm amazed at how many positive responses I got on this (references to things I'd never even considered existing aside :P). Funny what one little idea can turn in to... I'm grateful, though, else I might never have had the motivation to finish this ^_^" As a sidenote, having a cat-picture comment on both the first page and after the epilogue seems strangely fitting, somehow :P
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
DMGnome

Post by DMGnome »

Read it in one sitting. Wow. My sincere congratulations, Leotrak. Very well done.
Fans destroy things by loving them too much. This is one of the fundamental laws of the universe.
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

You finally finished it and in a way that doesnt seem rushed. (no pun intended.)
Snicket

Post by Snicket »

-Sorry for double posting-

I attempted something like this a while back and never went anywhere with it. Except mine was a bit darker and actually did a 'what if' plot line. With Hisao never having his heart attack and thus never attending Yamaku as a result. However he still retained the memories of everything until everything reset. Causing him to second guess his sanity and become conflicted over whats real and whats not. Which increases when he starts seeing some of his friends and classmates around town and in his normal classes. Except with out there disabilities.

Though i abandoned it after realizing the whole concept was rather silly and didn't think anything would come out of it.

dunno why i felt like sharing that info, but there you go.
vhalhi

Post by vhalhi »

wow, i just.... wow
that was a EPIC story

just a couple of things....
and write me the god damn squeal!

nah just kidding bout the money... I still want the sequel

seriously though man great job, wish I was as good as you so i could get my story outta my head
uwa

Post by uwa »

Well, shit, since it's already been necroed anyway, I'll chime in to say that was an awesome story and a fun way to play with the time gap between the releases of the demo and the finished game.

I did wonder, though, if in the loops where Hisao experimented with bringing someone else back Hanako got in touch with him in the hospital from Yamaku or even managed to come visit (possibly with Lilly). Oh yeah, and when he does bring her back, does Hanako remember Lilly and the other girls? Oh, and if they ever try to avoid the heart attack (Hisao skips school and lies down all day).

Not that I really expect answers, just silly things I thought of.

edit: I'm not sure why, but it somehow seems completely appropriate that Hanako is the one who breaks the cycle. And with the release of the full game, it turns out Hanako is actually better off being brought back -- it seems to mean she still has a mother, no orphanage, etc.
Emi > Lilly > Misha > Hanako = Rin > Shizune... I might just prefer women who put out a lot.
Mind-stickiness: Hanako > Misha = Shizune > Rin > Emi > Lilly
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

uwa wrote:And with the release of the full game, it turns out Hanako is actually better off being brought back -- it seems to mean she still has a mother, no orphanage, etc.
That's only because, prior to the full release, only Hanako's dad was known to have died in the fire. In the Ask! thread, the reason given for both of Hanako's parents dying in the fire was "We wanted Hanako to suffer more."
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

griffon8 wrote:
uwa wrote:And with the release of the full game, it turns out Hanako is actually better off being brought back -- it seems to mean she still has a mother, no orphanage, etc.
That's only because, prior to the full release, only Hanako's dad was known to have died in the fire.
This. I was writing under the impression that Hanako never lost her mom at all ">_> As for Hisao experimenting... Well, not in this timeline. This version of him is perfectly happy with Hanako :P And I thought I'd made it fairly obvious that the lot of them retained all of their memories from all of their loops...

The idea of a sequel is still under debate, but not very likely. Thanks for the praise, though ^_^
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Necrous

Post by Necrous »

Leotrak wrote:The idea of a sequel is still under debate, but not very likely. Thanks for the praise, though ^_^
Apparently there is already people trying to organize for a spin-off. Image

I'll be honest, I'm mildly curious.
WolfStreak

Post by WolfStreak »

Then suddenly new students appear ! not only that the year has changed it's june 1983!!!!! Keiichi Maebara, Rena Ryugu, Mion Sonozaki, Shion Sonozaki, Satoko Houjou, Rika Furude, And some odd demon thing Hanyū, Who are these mysterious characters, why has the year changed?? why are people dieing mysterious deaths!

I wait i was thinking of a different story and after reading yours they melded together, MY bad. Great story i loved it reminded me of the above hint so much i had to say it.
Streak as in streaking by at the speed of light.
Not the naked kind of streak...
That would just be odd >.>
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Necrous wrote:Apparently there is already people trying to organize for a spin-off.
Apparently, that project has been renamed "love despite."