Word of God

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Totz the Plaid

Word of God

Post by Totz the Plaid »

The Dev team have apparently given out a pretty good deal of canon info on the setting and characters that may or may not affect the rest of the story, so I thought it'd be interesting to attempt to gather all of that together in one thread. Naturally, quotes and references to what thread/what date they posted the info would be helpful as well, since some of the older stuff might have been retconned since. I'm a bit too lazy at the moment to start on this, right now myself, but I figure that this post might get things in motion.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Csihar

Re: Word of God

Post by Csihar »

I can't help but think this is an awfully broad topic.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

Hm. Perhaps you're right. I just always like knowing the Word of God canon data about stuff even if it doesn't come up in the story itself, or isn't apparent from the story like the fact that KS is apparently set in 2007, Emi likes punk music, etc. I've only come across some of this stuff randomly, so I was hoping that maybe we could get a collection of such confirmations in one location for easy reference. If it seems like too big of a task, then I guess this thread will just die a natural death, but it would be pretty cool, y'know?
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do." - The Doctor, Doctor Who
Shades of gray
Location: Those two eyes under that rock, yeah, the ones watching you? Thats me...

Post by Shades of gray »

I vote we rename this thread to "word of a lesser God"

am I the only one that watched that film? best quote from Children of a Lesser God (IMO)

"Yelling at the back of a deaf person, Very good James"
2 kidneys for sale, slightly used, non-functional, no refunds.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

We've also been known to troll, lie, change our mind, and make stuff up on the spot, so good luck with that.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

I only know the stuff that's been posted on TV tropes

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/KatawaShoujo

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/C ... tawaShoujo

That's all I can contribute, sorry. But now you have these handy links so you don't have to type in the address yourself! :)
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

delta wrote:We've also been known to troll, lie, change our mind, and make stuff up on the spot, so good luck with that.
Hm. Nevermind then, I guess this was a fool's errand from the start.
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

delta wrote:We've also been known to troll, lie, change our mind, and make stuff up on the spot, so good luck with that.
Maybe there's a chance that Hanako bad end is still in the game after all then.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

You son of a bitch, you actually inspired a blog post.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Totz the Plaid

Post by Totz the Plaid »

ContinualNaba wrote:You son of a bitch, you actually inspired a blog post.
I know! That... I really wasn't expecting that.
Scyth118

Post by Scyth118 »

I think it was due to the title. lol.

They posted something in reply.... then thought about it for a while and said, "That might be a good thing to explain. Blog post!"
Perhaps they wanted to answer this topic and a lot of others all at the same time. And I think the answer is:

They don't really care since they have enough work to do without worrying about it. It will all work out in the end.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

So basically, what I'm getting from that blog post is, everything they say is either a lie, or is going to change into a lie.
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Not everything. Sometimes we tell the truth too.

(Unless this post is a lie)
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
scott1and

Post by scott1and »

Aura wrote:Not everything. Sometimes we tell the truth too.

(Unless this post is a lie)
I love a good paradox