Stop stem cell research? *spoilers and speculation*

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

stue denim

Stop stem cell research? *spoilers and speculation*

Post by stue denim »

My theory on the "stop stem cell research" underwear:

I don't think its just a gag or random Easter egg, I think its significant and fits the character.

From what I've seen of Deaf culture and people (capital D Deaf means culturally deaf, signers who identify with the community and its culture) some(many even) are vehemently opposed to cochlea implants, they see it as a tool of destruction of Deaf culture which has been forced upon many of them by doctors and audiologists in a vain attempt to 'cure' them, when they themselves don't see themselves as needing a cure, they are a linguistic minority not a bunch of disabled people. Stem cell research, with its promises of curing deafness is the next step and I've seen many Deaf people express concern about, or opposition to, stem cell research; their culture is under threat.

It may just be a coincidence, but for them to be worn by Shizune...

Is this the case or have i read far too much into it? Significant or an easter egg?

I must say, I'm impressed by the research and knowledge that went into writing the characters
neumanproductions

Re: Stop stem cell research? *spoilers and speculation*

Post by neumanproductions »

I still can't understand which form of stem cell research this is implying. There are two types: Adult and Embryonic
Adult has to do with taking the stem cells of an adult while the embryonic involves having to fertilize and egg and wait till it reaches the zygote stage to harvest the cell in essence teh debate over where life starts; either your killing a person or not. Embryonic is the highly debatable one and I highly doubt that many people would be opposed to adult stem cell research as it has the potential to fix a lot more things than just deafness; life threatening ilnesses in fact. Anyone opposed to that should just wait until they are the ones who need the technology.

I'm not trying to make this into an ethical debate, just saying I think her panties specify embryonic over adult SC research.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

I'm sticking with random gag one of the devs added in, possibly while drunk.
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

Confirmed joke by the Shizune path writer, A22. I don't expect to even see it after act 1.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
kapparomeo

Post by kapparomeo »

As religious myself, and one who goes for life beginning at conception, I can say that I have no problem with adult stem cells but do oppose the use of embryonic cells. Really it's only the use of embryos that's controversial and if it ever comes up in the game that would be what it would focus on.
Confirmed joke by the Shizune path writer, A22. I don't expect to even see it after act 1
Really? I'm a little disappointed in that, actually. Leaving aside my own views on the matter, it strikes me as a good way for Shizune to set herself apart from 'orthodoxy' and so have an opportunity to properly exercise her combative personality in a significant way, and as some people will always dismiss gaming and romance as 'mere fluff' a meaty topic would also help to silence them.
There was a young clerk who took exception to Curzon's memorandum. He thought it was balls. But he was afraid to say so directly, so he scratched faintly in the margin, 'Round Objects'. Lord Curzon replied in a note: "Who is Mr. Round, and why does he object?"
-Sir Alan Lascelles
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

G3n0c1de wrote:Confirmed joke by the Shizune path writer, A22. I don't expect to even see it after act 1.
Well, this is technically an h-game.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

kapparomeo wrote:Leaving aside my own views on the matter, it strikes me as a good way for Shizune to set herself apart from 'orthodoxy' and so have an opportunity to properly exercise her combative personality in a significant way,...
Somehow I can't picture Shizune actually opposing stem cell research. She doesn't strike me as the religious type...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Shockproof Jamo

Post by Shockproof Jamo »

G3n0c1de wrote:Confirmed joke by the Shizune path writer, A22. I don't expect to even see it after act 1.
I'd actually love to see Shizune wearing those "stop stem cell research" pantsu during the moment when she and Hisao finally get it on. The sight of those panties pausing the heat of the moment could potentially breed some lulz-worthy moments. :lol:

"Renounce Devil's work now and receive free pussy." :twisted:

(Disclaimer: NOT trying to influence the devs' work.)
Csihar

Post by Csihar »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Somehow I can't picture Shizune actually opposing stem cell research. She doesn't strike me as the religious type...
I'm guessing if anything it's just a hint about her sense of humor, which we don't really see too much of in act 1 otherwise.
"I don't care," said Pierre, "I'm from France."

Now in handy DeviantArt form.

Bara

Post by Bara »

Csihar wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:Somehow I can't picture Shizune actually opposing stem cell research. She doesn't strike me as the religious type...
I'm guessing if anything it's just a hint about her sense of humor, which we don't really see too much of in act 1 otherwise.
And maybe they were just the last clean pair she had to wear that morning... maybe she lost a contest with Misha and had to wear them... maybe this thread will cause SC an aneurism and they will meed to find another editor... :wink:

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
PureLionHeart

Post by PureLionHeart »

Find out all this and more next week!
Same cripple time!
Same cripple channel!
"We ruin the countries we govern and the people in our care. We slaughter our enemies, and sacrifice all our allies. We'll keep killing until there's nothing left but to destroy ourselves. It will never be enough. We are incorrigible warmongers, aren't we?"
Anonymous22
sounds kinda gay

Post by Anonymous22 »

Kamifish wanted to put something on there because it looked plain.
I wanted "Mike Huckabee For President" but it didn't fit.
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.
hurr durr
Bara

Post by Bara »

Anonymous22 wrote:Kamifish wanted to put something on there because it looked plain.
Ahhh, and there we have the explanation from the writer. This answer will probably only lead to the next thread, "Would the would the message "Mike Huckabee For President" have fit better on Misha's panties?". Someone should just tell SC to start slapping himself silly now.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Bara wrote:
Anonymous22 wrote:Kamifish wanted to put something on there because it looked plain.
Ahhh, and there we have the explanation from the writer. This answer will probably only lead to the next thread, "Would the would the message "Mike Huckabee For President" have fit better on Misha's panties?". Someone should just tell SC to start slapping himself silly now.
A22: "Didn't fit." That's all i'll leave it at to allow for speculation on what I mean.

Bara: When did SC stop? And I can highly anticipate seeing some shimmie panties with "Mike Huckabee For President" on them in the near future. and it is great to hear the actual explaination at least. If only the devs were more open about this when addressing Misha's disability.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
Merlyn_LeRoy

Post by Merlyn_LeRoy »

Anonymous22 wrote:DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.
DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERP.

Fixing typos since 1961