KS ports (was: ipad)

Post by rustyarmor »

KS on ipad. discuss

inb4 the exact same argument as KS on itouch
delta
Feels Badman

Re: ipad

Post by delta »

Okay, here's the word on all that CAN HAZ KS ON MY TOASTER? stuff.

0. This is just my opinion but since I am the dude handling all technical aspects of KS my opinion counts for a lot.
1. We will not jump though the hoops of anyone to get it released on a platform. Approval required = lol no
2. We won't do a version that does not work on the target system out of the box. Hardware hacking/voiding warranty = lol no
3. We will not allow anyone to reimplement the game in another engine. Ignoring our license = lol no

Appendix

The license only forbids dicking around with the game content. If you reimplement/port the Ren'Py engine (which is open source) and KS happens to work with that, that is perfectly fine. Redistributing a changed version is not. I will take no steps to make the game incompatible with a stock engine, but will spend no effort in supporting more than that either.
Also I have nothing against Apple's business model (or Sony's or Nintendo's for that matter), but no hoop jumping unless there's a pot of gold on the other end, which will not happen for KS.
Juno

Post by Juno »

If it can't execute anything but Appstore shit then don't count on it.
Expect lock at any moment.
arcanesign

Post by arcanesign »

Not sure about the iPhone, but there's a package for Android that lets you run python scripts, someone could probably port KS pretty easily, provided SDL works (not sure if it does).

http://code.google.com/p/android-script ... AndroidAPI
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

rustyarmor wrote:inb4 the exact same argument as KS on itouch
The iPad runs the iPhone's OS, so any speculation about the iTouch running KS automatically applies to the iPad.
This topic is redundant, I suggest it be locked.

Reference - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPad
Kenji - "It was like that, but with poo."
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

I think there should be at least one web forum I go to where people aren't discussing this shit.
blazenwhiper

Post by blazenwhiper »

Caesius wrote:I think there should be at least one web forum I go to where people aren't discussing this shit.
People always want to talk about whats new.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Did you guys hear about the earthquake in Haiti????
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Bigger than an iPod.
No keyboard like a netbook.
Lame.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

Suriko wrote:Bigger than an iPod.
No keyboard like a netbook.
Lame.
I see what you did there. Also unlocking this because my post is discussion-worthy. Renamed thread accordingly.
DrLang

Post by DrLang »

arcanesign wrote:Not sure about the iPhone, but there's a package for Android that lets you run python scripts, someone could probably port KS pretty easily, provided SDL works (not sure if it does).

http://code.google.com/p/android-script ... AndroidAPI
If you want to port KS to the iPad, Android, etc, you're going to need to port Ren'Py first. That's a serious project for the iPad/iPhone because there is no easy method for compiling non Objective-C code for them even if you jail brake it. This is probably a better topic for the Ren'Py board.