Can't execute on Raspberry Pi

Questions, answers and issues regarding releases.
Kronix_Tex

Can't execute on Raspberry Pi

Post by Kronix_Tex »

So I wanted to play KS on rpi, which worked before, but now I get this error and i can't find a way to fix it:

Code: Select all

/home/user/Katawa Shoujo-1.3.1-linux/Katawa Shoujo.sh: 61: exec: /home/user/Katawa Shoujo-1.3.1-linux/lib/linux-x86_64/Katawa Shoujo: Exec format error
Can anyone help me?

Edit: Been a while since someone posted
avonder

Re: Can't execute on Raspberry Pi

Post by avonder »

Ren'Py 6.10.2 packaged with the game predates ARM support. You were likely using a 6.99 rebuild offered by a package manager before.

r7 includes the ARM support libs and is free of the bugs present in those rebuilds, but you'll need at least a Pi 4 to run it. (...that, or the Arch install on my 3B is borked and it performs better on Raspbian.)
Kronix_Tex

Post by Kronix_Tex »

Actually, I was just downloading the .tar.gz file, extracting, adding the RENPY_PLATFORM variable or something resembling to it and then executing the .sh file. Maybe doing

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
changed something?
avonder

Post by avonder »

Again, note the `linux-x86_64` part. You can't just run x86 software on a rpi. You can emulate it, but are unlikely to have done so unknowingly.
Kronix_Tex

Post by Kronix_Tex »

I tried with i386 as well, and it gave the same error message, I was just seeing if chnging it to 64 did something.
avonder

Post by avonder »

i386 is the 32-bit version of x86. It's still not something a device with an ARM processor like the rpi is supposed to run.

You need to either locate and get running a 6.99 rebuild (the one on AUR, for instance, appears to be incompatible with modern ffmpeg), or use r7.
Kronix_Tex

Post by Kronix_Tex »

But I managed to get it to work before this try on the same device.
avonder

Post by avonder »

Well, if you figure out how you've done it it'll be very helpful, since as per what was just explained it isn't possible.
You don't see much PC software running on Android phones, do you? It's for the same reason.
Alkinew

Post by Alkinew »

Kronix_Tex wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 6:17 pm But I managed to get it to work before this try on the same device.
Does it work now?