Russian News: Girl Born Without Arms Becomes Pilot

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Russian News: Girl Born Without Arms Becomes Pilot

Post by Suriko »

http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/171064/#pn5

Noticed this on the Russian news. Thanks to the 21st century it seems they mirror all their news stories online.

Jessica Cox, born without arms, is training for a pilot's license despite being born without arms due to a disease.
SivakAurak

Re: Russian News: Girl Born Without Arms Becomes Pilot

Post by SivakAurak »

I'm assuming that was her brother at the end?
^^^A very bad man^^^
Suriko
Lilly Writer, Hanako Co-Writer, Producer

Post by Suriko »

Actually I made a slight mistranslation.

She's a registered pilot, the first in the US without arms. The other dude is her first student.
SivakAurak

Post by SivakAurak »

Suriko wrote:Actually I made a slight mistranslation.

She's a registered pilot, the first in the US without arms. The other dude is her first student.
Ah. Well, she just became more awesome.

Wait, are the armless planning something?
^^^A very bad man^^^
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Thats pretty cool, but really all she can fly are the single engine Cesnas and like aircraft. Any plane bigger then those, she wont be able to reach all the controls and buttons. Still, great determination and skill.
Commissar Mecha Milk

Post by Commissar Mecha Milk »

Nightdragon wrote:Thats pretty cool, but really all she can fly are the single engine Cesnas and like aircraft. Any plane bigger then those, she wont be able to reach all the controls and buttons. Still, great determination and skill.
Comrade, I've got both my arms and I failed my driving test twice. Give the lass some credit here! :P
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

Have her pilot an An-225. For Science!
Nightdragon

Post by Nightdragon »

Commissar Mecha Milk wrote:
Nightdragon wrote:Thats pretty cool, but really all she can fly are the single engine Cesnas and like aircraft. Any plane bigger then those, she wont be able to reach all the controls and buttons. Still, great determination and skill.
Comrade, I've got both my arms and I failed my driving test twice. Give the lass some credit here! :P
Oh hell she has tons of respect from me. She is able to become something I can't while missing two important body parts while I have all mine. Its good to see people like this and that one armless dj that had a thread a while ago.
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

She also has two black belts in Taekwondo, which makes sense since they almost only use their feet.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
G3n0c1de

Post by G3n0c1de »

AnonymousOfNorway wrote:She also has two black belts in Taekwondo, which makes sense since they almost only use their feet.
I don't know the intricacies of taekwondo, but she seems to be at a disadvantage, no arms for blocking or balance. Then again, two black belts say otherwise.
It's a good thing Shizune is deaf, she is the only one who can stand (not) hearing "Wahaha~!" over and over.
Juno

Post by Juno »

Just by watching that video (how she interacts with her airplane, how she manages to use contact lenses like any other people, etc) you can tell she has an outstanding sense of balance and very strong legs. Being proficient in a form of combat which basically requires nothing else must be natural for her.
Loki

Post by Loki »

Suriko wrote:http://www.ntv.ru/novosti/171064/#pn5

Noticed this on the Russian news. Thanks to the 21st century it seems they mirror all their news stories online.

Jessica Cox, born without arms, is training for a pilot's license despite being born without arms due to a disease.
Rin. In a jet. Versus a ty-rin-asaurus in a jet. Dogfighting. To Topgun music.
Someone fund it! :mrgreen:
toast

Post by toast »

G3n0c1de wrote:
AnonymousOfNorway wrote:She also has two black belts in Taekwondo, which makes sense since they almost only use their feet.
I don't know the intricacies of taekwondo, but she seems to be at a disadvantage, no arms for blocking or balance. Then again, two black belts say otherwise.
Tae Kwon Do focuses on the feet, I have a black belt myself. I doubt balancing would be a problem, you would probably get used to not having them to balance, not to mention you don't really need them to balance. Blocking might be a problem, but you can always back up out of the way or dodge to the left or right.
<!Aura-> I did a line of powdered fig dust mixed with high grade blow from the ass of a supermodel wearing a Misha kigurumi at the party yesterday

<buckingham> it is not my fault you all have awful fucking taste

[17:42:51] <!Delta_Kurshiva> no fun allowed
AnonymousOfNorway

Post by AnonymousOfNorway »

I've seen some Taekwondo fighters who almost never block, but yes I would imagine the balance would be a problem.

It could be that she has black belts in Taekwondo for non-functional/missing arms though.
Loved tenderly: Emi (g), Hanako (g), Lily (g). Friend-zoned: Shizune, Rin. To-do: Kenji, Yuuko, Misha
Darkmoon

Post by Darkmoon »

Suriko wrote:Actually I made a slight mistranslation.

Only in America I guess
I only arrange Pics I do not Draw only use Photoshop. "All Characters Copyrighted".
©2006-2009 Four Leaf Studios