...Or they would be fancomics if I could draw worth a damn. Instead they are fancomic scripts. I tried writing them down as short stories, but they didn't feel right without a visual component. Note: for this reason I was unsure if they should go in Fan Art (as instructions for drawings) or Fan Fiction (as written fanwork). So I went to Fan Works to play it safe. If I was mistaken, my bad; I'm sure the thread will get moved if this was a problem.
So far I have planned out a short fancomic chapter (about 6 pages) for each of the main ladies, with an extra 4koma omake at the end. I also have ideas for short omakes, about one or two pages long, for each of the other female characters who appear in Act I (Misha, Yuuko, and Akira). Each chapter will explore how the character is handling being a mother, and most of them will also explore how the child comes to terms with their mother's condition.
This is not any sort of organized fan project, much less "my" fan project. It's merely something creative I had to get off my chest, something that I was dissatisfied seeing only in written form. KS remains the impressive achievement of the dev team's ideas, and I consider Katawa Haha to be an extension of those ideas and no more. Hell, in the state they're in my scripts aren't even a proper tribute. So feel free to illustrate, or modify, or criticize, or parody anything I put up on this thread. I'd love to see someone turned the scripts into actual fancomics, but the KS fan community has better things to do than work on my meagre offerings.
I hope you enjoy Katawa Haha. Moreover, I hope you are inspired to do better than I. Chapters will be posted as they are completed and linked here on the OP.
Here's a listing of what I have planned, along with a preview quote I had in mind so far.
- Shizune's Chapter - “This is the fourth time tonight. You’ve been doing this ever since we moved her to the crib. What’s eating you?”
- Emi's Chapter - "Are you saying I'm t-too old to run like that?" *puppy eyes*
- Rin's Chapter - "This is the first classmate you've brought home, Ken-chan. A momentous occasion. You're not planning to marry her, are you?"
- Hanako's Chapter - "But Mommy, they were staring at you!"
- Lilly's Chapter - "So, my dear, tell me what you saw at school today."
- Misha's Omake - "...Toshi's mom is scary."
- Yuuko's Omake - "Is this clumsiness genetic? I worry for my son..."
- Akira's Omake - "MOM! GET OUT OF MY TUX! YOU PROMISED!"
- Kenji's Omake - "CLOSE YOUR CURTAINS TO THWART VOYEURS!"