The Official KS Headcanon Thread

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

brythain

Re: The Official KS Headcanon Thread

Post by brythain »

KeiichiO wrote:
bhtooefr wrote:Akira refers to Lilly as "Lils" all the time. Lilly isn't fond of it, but she tolerates it from Akira (and Akira alone).
That sounds strangely familiar... I'm not sure why. I may have read it in a fan fiction, but I can't be certain.
Earliest one in this forum is by chaix here, and subsequently Griffon8, and then Helbereth in FYI and Guest Poster in Sisterhood picked it up. I suspect these later three made it everyone's headcanon, it sounds so natural for Akira!

However, it is actually canon. The guy cooking noodles during the festival at the end of Act 1 heading into Lilly's route says, "Go on Lils, you've earned yourself a break. We can hold down the fort, for now."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Although that means that she tolerates it from someone other than Akira... doesn't mean she has to like it, though, she just doesn't make it an issue.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Yeah, I got it from that scene where her classmate calls her that. Akira never addresses her as such in the VN, but since Akira has a very informal way of speaking, something like "Lils" is not out of character for her.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
dewelar

Post by dewelar »

Guest Poster wrote:Yeah, I got it from that scene where her classmate calls her that. Akira never addresses her as such in the VN, but since Akira has a very informal way of speaking, something like "Lils" is not out of character for her.
Heh...and this is probably where I got it. At the time I started Developments, I think I thought it was canon, because it just seemed like a natural thing for Akira to do.
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

My most well-developed headcanon is around Misha and why she is at Yamaku.

Misha has no disabilities. She came out as a lesbian at 13. This worked out badly and subjected her to endless bullying. As a result, she needed to get into a supportive, tolerant environment. Yamaku would give her a scholarship to learn sign language, and that's how she wound up at Yamaku.
Liminaut

Post by Liminaut »

About Lilly's name: It still amazes me that Lilly was given a name that the vast majority of Japanese would find almost impossible to pronounce correctly.

What, did Lilly's parents and Shizune's parents get into a competition to raise the most messed-up daughter?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Liminaut wrote:About Lilly's name: It still amazes me that Lilly was given a name that the vast majority of Japanese would find almost impossible to pronounce correctly.

What, did Lilly's parents and Shizune's parents get into a competition to raise the most messed-up daughter?
Huh. I never even thought about that... Peculiar.
Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

KeiichiO wrote: I was writing a Pseudo-Naomi route awhile back, and this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. I kinda abandoned that fic though, as it was told in the perspective of Hisao, and I found it boring to write. I still have the first chapter in my PM Drafts.
You have my interest piqued. May I read? :D
YutoTheOrc wrote: I can see that actually. However instead of Naomi joining in because of Natsume's arthritis, she does it because she likes to. To me, she gives off that vibe.
Yeah, that's what I had in mind. Like she enjoys it, but she may suggest it for a while if she notices Nat's having a particularly sore day :P
My ideas are:
-Saki is a bitch, and has a lot of second year friends.
This, for me. I put it down to a combo of "Pretty-girl-who-knows-she's-pretty-and-uses-it-to-her-own-advantage" personality, her not wanting too many people to miss her when she reaches her inevitable demise and, most prominently, because she hasn't quite come to terms with her condition yet.
-Every teacher hates Nomiya, or at the very least dislikes him
Yes yes yes ALL MY YES
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Munchenhausen wrote:
KeiichiO wrote: I was writing a Pseudo-Naomi route awhile back, and this is pretty much exactly what I had in mind. I kinda abandoned that fic though, as it was told in the perspective of Hisao, and I found it boring to write. I still have the first chapter in my PM Drafts.
You have my interest piqued. May I read? :D
Hmmm. Perhaps. I could send it to you through PM, since I'm not really planning on releasing it to the public at anytime. Also, you may want to be careful. That simple question could be seen as treason...

---
Hanako is a gamer, and gets very into the specific game she's playing at the moment.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

KeiichiO wrote:Hanako is a gamer, and gets very into the specific game she's playing at the moment.
You say that like it isn't straight-up canon.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Megumeru

Post by Megumeru »

KeiichiO wrote: Hanako is a gamer, and gets very into the specific game she's playing at the moment.
This actually coincides with my headcanon. It's always the quiet one that goes violent...somehow.

Although, I have this strange idea that Hanako is secretly into cosplaying--but that's just me with beer. :lol:

But gamer Hanako? If she's a bit 'twisted', she'll play Rising Storm and pick the flamer class just so she can torch people to death. :twisted:
They say they hate Shizune? What is this? BLASPHEMY!

SHII-HAEL!
Shizune>Rin>Emi>Hanako>Lilly
"A writer is a light that reveals the world of his story from darkness. Shapes it from nothingness. If the writer stops, the world dies with it." - Alan Wake
Yes, I write stories. Currently working on: The Haunting: A Love Story
brythain

Post by brythain »

From Shizune's route, I see Hanako not so much as having mundane flavour-of-the-month obsessions with games. I see her as having emotional attachments to games that mean something to her in terms of who she played them with, or the associations they bring forth. She plays chess with Shizune because she loves the game, possibly because one of her dead parents used to play with her, or because her affection for Lilly developed from little things like chess games.

Meanwhile, I also think of Miki and Hanako as having come from the same orphanage, where Miki used to beat up the kids who teased Hanako, while Hanako pleaded with her not to be so violent...
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Broomhead

Post by Broomhead »

HanaShep. Just imagine... Dya suppose she'd go for Garrus or Kaiden? Or perhaps Liara...

Hanako playing a rouge like would be either very sad or scary though. Just imagine pissed Hanako raging over the mic.
Lilly = Rin > Hanako > Emi > Misha > Shizune

I'm back in action.
YutoTheOrc

Post by YutoTheOrc »

I can also see Yuuko to be into video games. Like strategies; a little bit of Crusader KIngs 2, Rome Total War(1 not 2), Civ 5, etc. I can and can't picture Hanako as a gamer, at least not one into violent ones. Although I've heard rumours were Hanako's original bad end was her murdering Lilly and Hisao.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

YutoTheOrc wrote:I can also see Yuuko to be into video games. Like strategies; a little bit of Crusader KIngs 2, Rome Total War(1 not 2), Civ 5, etc. I can and can't picture Hanako as a gamer, at least not one into violent ones. Although I've heard rumours were Hanako's original bad end was her murdering Lilly and Hisao.
It'd be a bit silly if Hanako was into really gruesome games, though, I peg her as more of a Nintendo girl, personally. And I'm not just saying that because I almost exclusively play Nintendo...