Ask!

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Re: Ask!

Post by Silentcook »

Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I strongly believe that for the next story the game should be sold for a small fee, in that way you can get a bigger team to work on the project thus giving us a better experience.
You get my standard answer to a question about future projects. If we make one, we will announce it when we decide to announce it.
I would also like to add that from a bigger team "a better experience" does not necessarily follow. In fact, I'm fairly sure that a bigger team would have spelled the death of KS.
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Silentcook wrote:
Aura wrote:
Guest wrote:I strongly believe that for the next story the game should be sold for a small fee, in that way you can get a bigger team to work on the project thus giving us a better experience.
You get my standard answer to a question about future projects. If we make one, we will announce it when we decide to announce it.
I would also like to add that from a bigger team "a better experience" does not necessarily follow. In fact, I'm fairly sure that a bigger team would have spelled the death of KS.
Just revive KS again, that's my wish :D
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

TheSongofRaven wrote: Just revive KS again, that's my wish :D
I agree, Maybe even add more animations? Routes? (Misha, Miki, etc.) But this time, Make it cost some money, Enough people would buy the game/dlc that it would make it worth it.
Just some thoughts.
Game Completion: 59%
Completed: Lilly Hanako Emi
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Camoufrage wrote:Do you like where the forum community is going? It seems to change around a lot when it comes to how it interacts and such. Hell, it seems completely different from when I joined a few months back let alone 2 years ago when it was probably mostly the dev team and people helping out.
The fandom community is not for me, it's for the fans themselves so I don't really have an opinion on that. I don't even read the forums much at all, nor do I have a particularly clear picture of where the community is going. There's a lot of circling around the same old topics I guess, which is sort of boring, but also something to be expected? It doesn't bother me though, talk about what you like.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Camoufrage

Post by Camoufrage »

Still baffles me how honest you are sometimes, Aura. So used to sugarcoated answers from devs.

On an unrelated note, are there any VNs in development right now you are looking forward too? Can't seem to find any myself.
TheSongofRaven

Post by TheSongofRaven »

Aura wrote:The fandom community is not for me, it's for the fans themselves so I don't really have an opinion on that. I don't even read the forums much at all, nor do I have a particularly clear picture of where the community is going. There's a lot of circling around the same old topics I guess, which is sort of boring, but also something to be expected? It doesn't bother me though, talk about what you like.
Somehow you remind me to Joshua Graham from Fallout New Vegas : Honest Hearts.
"I believe everything like horse race. When you are lose, simply ride the horse again and face any challange"
Twitter : @GrimPointman, Skype : steven.yehezkiel6791
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

Hanako's route is alot shorter Timeline-wise compared to Lilly's. Due to them being somewhat intertwined, Shouldn't they both go to the same point in time? Is there a reason why Hanako's route was shorter?
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Bluecoolman wrote:Hanako's route is alot shorter Timeline-wise compared to Lilly's. Due to them being somewhat intertwined, Shouldn't they both go to the same point in time? Is there a reason why Hanako's route was shorter?

It was an indie project, don't nitpick. Nitpicking isn't fun.

Ok maybe slightly, but not with this.
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bluecoolman wrote:Hanako's route is alot shorter Timeline-wise compared to Lilly's. Due to them being somewhat intertwined, Shouldn't they both go to the same point in time? Is there a reason why Hanako's route was shorter?
There is no reason they should be of same length.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
Bluecoolman

Post by Bluecoolman »

Aura wrote:
I only figured that because of the visit to the Summer House, And afterwards, It seemed like Hanakos path would've gone on to at least the Summer house and Lilly's (Possible) Moving away.

Question Number 2: If the chance arises where a large enough company or group or sorts would like to make KS into an Anime, Would you accept the offer? Such things have been done with VN's in the past, So it seems like a high enough possibility.
Pseudogenesis

Post by Pseudogenesis »

Bluecoolman wrote:
Aura wrote:
I only figured that because of the visit to the Summer House, And afterwards, It seemed like Hanakos path would've gone on to at least the Summer house and Lilly's (Possible) Moving away.

Question Number 2: If the chance arises where a large enough company or group or sorts would like to make KS into an Anime, Would you accept the offer? Such things have been done with VN's in the past, So it seems like a high enough possibility.

ITT everybody asks the same questions lol
The biggest dilemma in Katawa Shoujo:
'Should I recommend this to my friends or do I want them to continue to see me as mentally healthy?'

Mashup of the month: "Damn It Feels Good To Be a Cripple"
themocaw

Post by themocaw »

Pseudogenesis wrote:ITT everybody asks the same questions lol
Aura,

Any chance of an, "Ask the Devs FAQ" put up as a sticky thread?

TheMoCaW
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

themocaw wrote:
Pseudogenesis wrote:ITT everybody asks the same questions lol
Aura,

Any chance of an, "Ask the Devs FAQ" put up as a sticky thread?

TheMoCaW
We have a FAQ already. I don't really care enough to collect the most repeated questions somewhere.
Aura
>has heterochromia

Post by Aura »

Bluecoolman wrote:
Aura wrote:

Not a question that can be answered with a yes or no. Depends on the specifics.
krosswerks

Post by krosswerks »

During the Shizune route, when she and Hisao are building stalls for Tanabata, Shizune mentions that she keeps half of the stalls from the previous festival and hides them in plain sight... do we ever find out where she stashes them during the route and I'm just stupid? Or is it still a secret? I really want to know >: