I wanna help! In a related yet unrelated way!

We are not actively looking for more staff at the moment.
Timma906

I wanna help! In a related yet unrelated way!

Post by Timma906 »

Hi! I'm new here. I found out about this game only a few days ago and tried it out. I am in love with this game! The story is truly amazing! As soon as I read the part when the main character has an heart attack and lived in the hospital, I thought this was awesome! So I really want to help out. I'm pretty much a drawfag, I'm confident in my line art (characters, poses and stuff) but not so much on colouring (pretty much suck at that.) And I really want to write for this story as well (I think I'll be pretty good at writing too) but from what I see, you guy probably don't really need any artists or writers. So I thought maybe I can draw a manga! No, not a doujinshi or 4koma, but an official manga of "Katawa Shoujo"!

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, so I though I could do this! I've been thinking of drawing a manga for practice and uploading it online for people to read anyways. You can have one of the writers from the Dev team to be like my editor or something (Making sure I stick to the story and that the character's personalities are correct. plus I only know what happens in act 1) Great games always have a manga version, and I think this is great, so why not have a manga version of Katawa Shoujo right? Anyways, here's some art work I did just before I posted this topic.
I also have a deviant art account but I don't really post there that much, so all the stuff there are old and horrible http://timma906.deviantart.com/

So tell me what you guys think. I'm quite enthusiastic about this! :D
Envy

Re: I wanna help! In a related yet unrelated way!

Post by Envy »

An official manga of a doujin page? Is that even possible?

Anyway, your style is pretty good. That one page seems somewhat better than most of the stuff on your DA acount, by the way.
Timma906

Post by Timma906 »

Well that doujin page is being made into a game, why not a manga? ._.

Thanks for the compliment btw
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Well, it's possible to make a whole story from a single word, so I could see a manga being done. It probably doesn't hurt that KS has an actual story to work from. And plenty of designs/dialogue are already done. Why not try doing a few pages detailing one of the 'scenes' in the story (doesn't really matter which one) and seeing how it turns out? If nothing else, it could probably be counted as "fan work" for the Oekaki subforum.

But if a bigger version goes ahead, do the Hanako route. XD
Blue123

Post by Blue123 »

Thanks for your kind comments.

Right now the editors and writers are extremely occupied with the full release. Also, if you would really like to do this, then get on IRC. It would be hard enough doing something like this, let alone without a form of regular contact (and it'll also be a way for you to prove your consistency).
Timma906

Post by Timma906 »

I drew another quick sketch
a few pages on one scene? Hmmm which scene should I do? Should it be fully inked and toned too? This may take a while...
Timma906

Post by Timma906 »

How do I use IRC?
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

I would suggest that any final version be inked, either physically or digitally, just as a matter of principle. Ever seen a doujinshi that wasn't? I have. They aren't usually very nice-looking. You probably don't need to worry about tones unless you really want to do them. I don't use IRC myself, so I'll leave that to someone else to answer.

By the way, that little sketch is great. XD
Last edited by Rednal on Sun May 17, 2009 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick

Post by Warwick »

Easiest way would be to use the Web Access link on the blog page. If you want something more substantial (an actual client), you can try Chatzilla for Firefox, mIRC, or Pidgin.

Basic IRC tutorial

EDIT: Oh, and great work, so far!
静音是买外夫
Timma906

Post by Timma906 »

ok I got on the IRC...I think...what should I say in there? jumping in saying "I want to draw a manga of Katawa Shoujo!" seems odd ._.

Anyways what scene do you guys suggest me to do?
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Meeting Kenji might do the trick.

And go ahead and say exactly that. It'll probably help if you can show some art there, so people know you're not just ranting (I suggest doing the sample first; people are more impressed if you have stuff to show them when you start so they know that not only can you do it, but how well).
Timma906

Post by Timma906 »

Hmmm I might do the scene where you meet Hanako in the library for the first time. she seems like the most popular one :)
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

According to the poll in another forum here, she is. ^^ Hence why I insist upon you doing her route. XD But yeah; just go for a scene you think you can do well and see what happens. You could probably post the whole thing up in the Oekaki subforum once you're finished, since that's a good place for KS comics.
Pato2747

Post by Pato2747 »

The best thing you can do at the moment is making a sample page and see how the feedback is after that. Personally I believe it's a wee bit soon for a manga of KS at the moment.