-

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Doomish

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako] [Updated 5/8]

Post by Doomish »

The O.H.L. wrote:Yay, I need something to counter the boring-ness of To Kill a Mockingbird. God I hate English classes.
How far into the book are you? I wouldn't call To Kill a Mockingbird boring, but that's just my opinion.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Doomish wrote:
The O.H.L. wrote:Yay, I need something to counter the boring-ness of To Kill a Mockingbird. God I hate English classes.
How far into the book are you? I wouldn't call To Kill a Mockingbird boring, but that's just my opinion.
I thought it was a pretty good book, but then again English classes tend to make you sick of certain books after awhile.
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
The O.H.L.

Post by The O.H.L. »

DanjaDoom wrote:
Doomish wrote:
I thought it was a pretty good book, but then again English classes tend to make you sick of certain books after awhile.
At page 49. I callcit boring now, but I'll probably fall in love with it later. It's just the teacher was reading it to us when everybody was like 10 pages ahead of her. She finally allowed us to take the book home but restricted us to reading up to chapter six.

Oh hell yes English classes do that. They ruined Ender's Game, The Hunger Games, My Name is not Ester, etc etc...
Same goes for movies.
So to all writers here; keep writing, because these are the only stories I don't have to analyze the absolute crap out of. Ironically, I sometimes want to.
Guess who's back, back, back, back again.
Not that I ever made any great contributions, but oh well, too bad.
Mjolnir

Re: The Angel of Death [Iwanako]

Post by Mjolnir »

Doomish wrote:INTERVAL THREE - VOICES GAINED, VOICES LOST
I collect her soul and savor it; it tastes like strawberries and bubblegum.
That's....
Informative?
Roamin12

Post by Roamin12 »

The O.H.L. wrote:
At page 49. I callcit boring now, but I'll probably fall in love with it later. It's just the teacher was reading it to us when everybody was like 10 pages ahead of her. She finally allowed us to take the book home but restricted us to reading up to chapter six.

Oh hell yes English classes do that. They ruined Ender's Game, The Hunger Games, My Name is not Ester, etc etc...
Same goes for movies.
So to all writers here; keep writing, because these are the only stories I don't have to analyze the absolute crap out of. Ironically, I sometimes want to.
Thankfully I read all of those before English class got to them, so I am able to enjoy them to the fullest. But English has ruined several series for me, mainly because many of the books are ones I don't care too much about, and because of the sheer amount of work and analyzing that accompanies it. Yeah, English sucks.
First Play through: Lilly>Hanako>Emi>Rin>Shizune
Second Play Through: Hanako>Rin>Lilly>Shizune>Emi
I'm a music enthusiast.