Misha's disabillity?

A forum for general discussion of the game: Open to all punters

SnigendePind

Misha's disabillity?

Post by SnigendePind »

Well, since everybody seems to be searching for what Mishas' disability is, I'd like to share my thoughts on this matter.

She is extremely loudmouthed and knows sign language. Also, Muto mentions something about "the volume", which makes me conclude that she was deaf at some point, but got one of those bionic ears implants, due to the fact that she knows sign language (that she must've learned when she found out she was turning deaf) and that she got sent to the school in the first place.

Now, naysayers will probably say something like "But isn't it possible that she doesn't have a disability, or just use a hearing aid?"

Let's say that she got a hearing aid. Then she'd be able to attend a normal school, and not Yamaku. While, if she got a bionic ear implant, a technology that's still on prototype level, she'd require a 24/7 nursing staff like the one at Yamaku.

Also, the reason she's a walking loudspeaker might be because of this prototype technology that still doesn't function properly.

Other opinions on this matter?
Last edited by SnigendePind on Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
Rednal

Re: Misha's disabillity?

Post by Rednal »

Misha has COLD: Compulsively Obsessive Loudness Disorder. She has a nigh-uncontrollable urge to be loud, and she's learned to turn it into laughter, but it's at the level where she can't function normally. They paired her with Shizune because Misha can be as loud as she wants and it won't bother Shizune a bit. Same way they paired Emi with Rin to get a complete set of limbs between them. And Hanako with Lilly because one girl has horrible problems with being around people because she thinks they're all thinking about how ugly she is, but can feel safe with someone who doesn't see those "ugly" (that is, highly attractive) burns.
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Rednal wrote:Misha has COLD: Compulsively Obsessive Loudness Disorder. She has a nigh-uncontrollable urge to be loud, and she's learned to turn it into laughter, but it's at the level where she can't function normally. They paired her with Shizune because Misha can be as loud as she wants and it won't bother Shizune a bit. Same way they paired Emi with Rin to get a complete set of limbs between them. And Hanako with Lilly because one girl has horrible problems with being around people because she thinks they're all thinking about how ugly she is, but can feel safe with someone who doesn't see those "ugly" (that is, highly attractive) burns.
But how come Misha knows sign then?

*EDIT*: And since the school is for people with physical disorders, how come she got a mental one, and still is in the school?
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
octopodpie

Post by octopodpie »

Well, her mental disorder, assuming rednal is correct, has physical results (her loudness). I could imagine someone with OCD attending this school as well, since the physical actions might prevent them from going to a regular school but wouldn't necessarily mean they need to be in a mental ward.

Post by Guest »

Misha has a severe case of AHD, Animé Hair Disorder. The indivual hairs fuse into a rubbery mass and assume various unnatural hues. Usually this also lead to mild cases of gravity defiance.

Post by Guest »

What if she had a traumatic brain injury, and at some point she decided to incorporate sign language into her physiotherapy to regain dexterity in her hands?
erisi236

Post by erisi236 »

Awesome-itis.

Either that or she was born with a tail, which will be revealed later. :lol:
"Iluvevery, single… one of ye… not you." - Lilly during another one of her drunken rampages.
janz

Post by janz »

erisi236 wrote:Awesome-itis.

Either that or she was born with a tail, which will be revealed later. :lol:
Only if cat ears come with the tail.
Simplified Chinese Progress - good
ChaosEngine

Post by ChaosEngine »

Rednal wrote:Misha has COLD: Compulsively Obsessive Loudness Disorder. She has a nigh-uncontrollable urge to be loud, and she's learned to turn it into laughter, but it's at the level where she can't function normally. They paired her with Shizune because Misha can be as loud as she wants and it won't bother Shizune a bit. Same way they paired Emi with Rin to get a complete set of limbs between them. And Hanako with Lilly because one girl has horrible problems with being around people because she thinks they're all thinking about how ugly she is, but can feel safe with someone who doesn't see those "ugly" (that is, highly attractive) burns.
That's probably one of the best Misha explanations I've heard so far. Much more plausible than the "OMFG she has brain cancer guise."
Strider

Post by Strider »

Honestly, I was thinking some form of autism, or perhaps Rett syndrome, though I'm not exactly sure why. Call it a hunch.
Akira

Post by Akira »

She reminds me a lot of this girl I know who has Asperger's Syndrome.
Usually talks quite loudly, but doesn't realise she's doing it. (That's Misha all over!). Sometimes stumbles a bit over long words. And has genuine trouble noticing when she's making others uncomfortable (like when Misha is leaning over Hisao after the confrontation between Shizune and Lilly and doesn't seem to understand why he's getting annoyed with her. Or when she always seems to be poking her nose into things). But she is very intelligent, and could probably learn sign language quite easily if she put her mind to it.

Not sure if that is what Misha has though. Just a suggestion.
Anon

Post by Anon »

The fact that the devs haven't said anything about it probably means that Misha's disability will be an integral part of the story in the full game. Just be patient.
Nosson

Post by Nosson »

Akira wrote:She reminds me a lot of this girl I know who has Asperger's Syndrome.
Usually talks quite loudly, but doesn't realise she's doing it. (That's Misha all over!). Sometimes stumbles a bit over long words. And has genuine trouble noticing when she's making others uncomfortable (like when Misha is leaning over Hisao after the confrontation between Shizune and Lilly and doesn't seem to understand why he's getting annoyed with her. Or when she always seems to be poking her nose into things). But she is very intelligent, and could probably learn sign language quite easily if she put her mind to it.

I agree!
Rednal

Post by Rednal »

Except that Misha is waaaaaaay to sociable to have AS. Trust me on this one; I know what it's like. XD I stand by my COLD theory.
octopodpie

Post by octopodpie »

Akira wrote:She reminds me a lot of this girl I know who has Asperger's Syndrome.

I don't know, my husband has Aspberger's and was diagnosed at a young age, and he's nothing like Misha. He can be gregarious but usually he's very blunt, his prone to angry episodes (or was, more prominent as a child), has a huge vocabulary, but has very limited interests (in this case, Star Wars and the Military) and in general dislikes people and cannot relate to or understand them.