A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Post by Aura »

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
coldacid

Re: A Week of Memories part 7: Graduation

Post by coldacid »

Thank you.
<coldacid> hanak-o's
<coldacid> taste best when burnt
Bloozeclooze

Post by Bloozeclooze »

thank you as well 4LS
nabaal

Post by nabaal »

Its a lingering sad feeling from it all being over. Just like graduation is suppose to be.
Thanks everyone, you did great.
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Thank you.

The emptiness is an odd thing, something that will come back to haunt you during your darker hours. You can only try to fill it with something new to try and prevent its return.

I wish you luck on your future endeavours.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Thank you Four leaf studios, It's kinda sad that the journey of KS is over, We still have it, and the memories it's given us, the blog too. But It's time to start a new journey isn't it? For you guys and for the ones you've touched in such a magical way with Katawa Shoujo. Thank you for everything guys, Can't wait to see what happens next!
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Aura wrote:Would Hanako be comfortable with a couple of hundred of eyepairs on her?
I'd like nothing less.
ThatGayNigger

Post by ThatGayNigger »

I thought there was going to be an add-in of 60+ ways of dying in a single route.
Hisui

Post by Hisui »

A very pleasant writeup. Interesting idea to compare the 4LS situation with a graduation ceremony, and the post evokes a beautiful mental image.

As everyone else already said, thanks for making Katawa Shoujo! The most fascinating part about the project for me is the creation process; I am impressed with how a ragtag band of internet strangers delivered a piece of work with such exceptional quality and actually carried it all the way to the finish line. A shining example of hobby game development, the finished result of which even managed to touch a whole lot of people emotionally as well as introduce many to the VN medium. I'm happy that this has played out so well for you.

Stay with us in the IRC!
Last edited by Hisui on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kourousx

Post by kourousx »

My postcount is low, but I've been following along and lurking since 2009. The events that led you here seem impossible. Not just unlikely, impossible. You took a once in a lifetime internet lark and turned it into Katawa Shoujo.

You kept a team together over time and geography with reasonable turnover. You went from no experience and low experience to where you are now. You created and endured for years.

Take a low bow, all of you.

Bravo.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Maybe Shizune would hold the valedictorian's speech, that sounds like something we would do. I've been to quite a few graduations, and I think speeches are the most important part. A good orator can grip the audience and really move them, while a poor one will make the long ceremonies feel like torture. I wonder if Shizune's speech would be good.
"WAHAHA~! I'm way better than this autotune mixer of yours, Shicchan!," Misha yells from the first row. Good ol' Misha.

Great metaphor, I'd like to say. However, the truth is that there isn't one Hisao. There's thousands of Hisao.
Last edited by Palas on Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Demonhornz

Post by Demonhornz »

Well damn, I think I'll go for a simple thank you this time instead of in the last thread.

Thank you. So much.
ThatGayNigger

Post by ThatGayNigger »

No Kenji route? I am disappoint.
Akazukin

Post by Akazukin »

Thank you guys.
Caesius

Post by Caesius »

This thing is so sappy and yet I can't help feeling touched by it. fucking Aura.