A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Aura
>has heterochromia

A Week of Memories part 3: 2009-2012

Post by Aura »

<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Palas

Re: One Week of Memories: 2009-2012

Post by Palas »

Nice stuff. I always wanted to know what was happening behind the curtains.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

I'm gonna say it again, Katawa Shoujo is amazing and I can't thank you all enough for sticking out the insane amount of time you spent on the project overall. You've created an experience unlike any other for me and I will never EVER forget KS, You've changed something in everyone who played it and we'll always look back fondly on it. It's kinda sad that the story of KS has ended with the release but I guess that's what happens. At the end of it all you can look back and be proud that so many people will remember your journey and its product,

Once again, Thank you so much, for creating Katawa Shoujo, Releasing it for free, and giving some of us the most incredible experience they've ever had the pleasure to be a part of. I'll never forget KS or the Developer blog, I read through it all from start to finish a few nights ago and It really is amazing what you've all achieved, Thank you thank you thank you!

The only thing I can ask ( as rude as it seems ) is that you keep the Blog and the forums going for as long as there are fans to stick around and share their thoughts, emotions and love for you guys and KS.
Jintor

Post by Jintor »

Manly tears.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Jintor wrote:Manly tears.
More than manly tears, I can't quite believe it's all done and dusted, Im so thankful for 4LS and KS, they really are both ( insert words to describe how amazing they are because I can't think of any that do them justice )
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

Indeed it truely was amazing. Though after reading I guess you guys must have been rather, annoyed with the all the "Is the Project dead? Why aren't we getting updates?" posts that were filling the forums back in August-September.

Again, thank you for this wonderful, I can't even say game, experience.
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Mercutio

Post by Mercutio »

thank us? no, man, THANK YOU. also, further manly tears.

but seriously, it's hard to believe everything that went into this game. totally worth it, and not just for us, I'm betting you guys feel that way too. (man, I hope so.) thanks for the story too, 'cause knowing what happened behind all of this... I dunno, it helps a lot, kind of gives a better perspective on the whole thing.

also: even more THANK YOU for recruiting Pimmy. no way I could have enjoyed Emi's route so much without the upgraded art. :mrgreen:
"There is no excellent beauty that hath not some strangeness in the proportion." - Sir Francis Bacon

Emi = Hanako > Lilly > Rin >>>>>>> Shizune
amazing how preference changes now that the game's actually out.
Akira/Hanako for the win. Meiko/Nurse for even more win. Miki/Misha for win that goes BEYOND THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

bradpara wrote:Indeed it truely was amazing. Though after reading I guess you guys must have been rather, annoyed with the all the "Is the Project dead? Why aren't we getting updates?" posts that were filling the forums back in August-September.

Again, thank you for this wonderful, I can't even say game, experience.
That's what I view it as, An experience that hit me so hard I've been left dazed by it's amazing-ness ( not sure if that's a real word but hey ) I've never cried, smiled and thought about things this much, Katawa Shoujo is the most profound thing I've ever experienced and I'll never forget it, Thank you again 4LS, If anything ever changes and you start a new project, Please update these forums, the Dev blog, Anything to let us know, <3
yougottabecrazy

Post by yougottabecrazy »

I came into this really late, stumbling upon it rather randomly, and I have to say, this kind of thing really makes me feel good. To know that a group of people who met in such a way could create something so moving, and did so even though they had every opportunity to make it awful, makes one feel good. The torrent tracker for the Windows torrent is registering about 50,000 downloads. Combined with the Mac, Linux, and DDL, I can't imagine the stats. That's a hell of a lot of people to reach. Thank you ALL for sticking it out.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

yougottabecrazy wrote:I came into this really late, stumbling upon it rather randomly, and I have to say, this kind of thing really makes me feel good. To know that a group of people who met in such a way could create something so moving, and did so even though they had every opportunity to make it awful, makes one feel good. The torrent tracker for the Windows torrent is registering about 50,000 downloads. Combined with the Mac, Linux, and DDL, I can't imagine the stats. That's a hell of a lot of people to reach. Thank you ALL for sticking it out.
This this and this! I'm getting way too worked up about this, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

I don't know if you wrote this because of my post.
3)I hope this isn't too much to ask, but could you give us a postmortem on KS?
But even if you didn't, thank you. It was a good read.
Brogurt

Re: A Week of Memories: 2009-2012

Post by Brogurt »

but it was still unfortunate and put work on Hanako's route on backburner for a long time.
1316969993716.jpg
1316969993716.jpg (107.5 KiB) Viewed 17869 times
GMKGoat

Post by GMKGoat »

No lie, man. KS has been inspiring.
Misfile17

Post by Misfile17 »

Damn straight it was inspiring, And amazing, magical, thought provoking, emotionally devastating, heartwarming, IT WAS SO FARKING GOOOD!
Quitch

Post by Quitch »

Thanks to the team for all their hard work, this is an incredible product which I think blows most professional releases out of the water.