Premature Nostalgia

Comment on and discuss blog posts in here. One thread per post.
Mag

Re: Premature Nostalgia

Post by Mag »

As I listen to Diary of Jane in my drunken stupor, I have this much to say. I admire your dedication to this project and everyone else on the 4LS team. I hope this game brings forth what you wanted and pleasures all those who wish to experience the world the team has worked so hard to create. When the time comes, I will play this game with joy and happiness that I may learn a lesson from it (hopefully if that is your intention), and also let others know of the games existence.
Arquill

Post by Arquill »

This project better not die. I remember discovering it over two years ago and have been patiently waiting for its release ever since.
Verett

Post by Verett »

A lot of us have. It won't die, the community won't let it. Like with SMBZ but smaller.
Minister of Gloom

Post by Minister of Gloom »

Rarely does a community this large, this active and this unified grows around a game which is not even out yet, I think.
I wonder if it would remain so after it is released. Paradoxically, I think that the establishment of facts from the game as "canon" would eliminate one of the things this community does the best and the most: speculations about the game.
thoughts.
Life, what is it but a dream?
זה מגניב אותי כל פעם מחדש, העובדה שיש פה עברית. אני תוהה אם מישהו ישים לב ששיניתי חתימה.
Sgt_Frog

Post by Sgt_Frog »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Rarely does a community this large, this active and this unified grows around a game which is not even out yet, I think.
I wonder if it would remain so after it is released. Paradoxically, I think that the establishment of facts from the game as "canon" would eliminate one of the things this community does the best and the most: speculations about the game.
thoughts.
This...is very true. One of the largest parts of this community is simply speculation. Who are Rin's parents? What is Misha's disability? And then we go more in depth with each character in turn...

I really don't know what will happen to the fanfiction and fanart once this comes out. I think there will be a large burst of fanart and fanfiction, but it will lessen more and more as time goes on, and as many of the fans play through each of the paths, there will be just the memory of great times had here at ks.renai.us...
Bara

Post by Bara »

Minister of Gloom wrote:Rarely does a community this large, this active and this unified grows around a game which is not even out yet, I think.
thoughts.
Heh, with this crowd I suspect for every revelation there will be 10 more questions raised to speculate on. No story can answer every possible question, and the nature of providing more detail in a story is there are more and more incomplete hooks and tangents to weave our rampant idioc... errr... speculation, yeah I meant speculation, around. :lol:
Last edited by Bara on Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2xGPU clients (GTX 465/GTS 250); 2xCPU clients

<Aura> Our army of teenage girl artists couldn't draw penises without fits of giggling. Does that count?
powerdrive3

Post by powerdrive3 »

My guess is that each step puts a piece of the puzzle on the board itself and that now nearing the end of the puzzle, most can see the effort that was placed to do KS. Sadly a lot of the people who come and go simply choose to ignore this fact. Only those who truly care will go deeper into it. Only people who see you guys (like me) will then understand and appreciate all that you all have done for this. With that, thanks for working on KS and I really look forward to the release.
Palas

Post by Palas »

Expect fangames. RPG Maker or whatever, terrible as they'll be, but there'll be fangames.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

As a late comer to KS I actually consider myself to be glad to have the opprtunity to get to wait for this game to come out. Though it is only for a few months or so. Even now, I am checking the Blog constantly to see any new updates. (More spefically something to the effect of "Hanako Path Script Finalized" , "Rin Path Script Finalized" or "Hanako Act 3 complete" since those seem to be the next major milestones) I already know that I am actually going to be a little sad when the wait is finally over but than again I shall be happy to finally get to finish everyone's stories. (Especially Shizune and Hanako's :wink: )
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Morph

Post by Morph »

thoughts.
Reminds me about my time I was part of the LOST community. As long as the series wasn't over it was quite interesting to speculate and discuss.
But once something is over the interest into it will decrease I guess.
bradpara

Post by bradpara »

bradpara wrote:As a late comer to KS I actually consider myself to be glad to have the opprtunity to get to wait for this game to come out. Though it is only for a few months or so. Even now, I am checking the Blog constantly to see any new updates. (More spefically something to the effect of "Hanako Path Script Finalized" , "Rin Path Script Finalized" or "Hanako Act 3 complete" since those seem to be the next major milestones) I already know that I am actually going to be a little sad when the wait is finally over but than again I shall be happy to finally get to finish everyone's stories. (Especially Shizune and Hanako's :wink: )
*Checks Twitter*

Well I'll Be Damned
Shizune=Hanako>Lilly>Emi=Rin
Family Game Night A Shizune After Story Fic
Palas

Post by Palas »

So I had the idea of checking out the forum's oldest posts (Or at least the oldest ones you can track with Wayback Machine) in order to capture a little bit of this Premature Nostalgia. I thought I would be able to download earlier "sample scenes with playthrough mode", but no. Anyway, it's amazing how hard you've been working. The diaries show that.
While we are here discussing, Hanako is somewhere hopping from dark to darker tiles. Alone.
FailureImminent

Post by FailureImminent »

If that is the case, then I joyously join the ranks of 4LS's supporters.
Shujoxa

Post by Shujoxa »

Verett wrote:A lot of us have. It won't die, the community won't let it. Like with SMBZ but smaller.
I think SMBZ did die, didn't it?
It would be beautiful if KS was released for download on October 7. Greatest. B-day gift. Ever. (This is not meant to be taken as telling the devs to hurry up, so please don't take it as such, it's just a dream of sorts.)
Darlat

Post by Darlat »

Shujoxa wrote:
Verett wrote:A lot of us have. It won't die, the community won't let it. Like with SMBZ but smaller.
I think SMBZ did die, didn't it?
What's SMBZ?
I'm a rabbit.

I'm fluffy and i get violated by humans a lot : (.