Katawa Shoujo Discussion

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
pandaphil

Re: Katawa Shoujo Discussion

Post by pandaphil »

RichieBerry wrote: Large area burns can have some fairly serious effects, in many cases. The main problem is water retention issues (that is, you can't sweat through severely burned skin). This seems to pretty thorough: http://www.burn-recovery.org/long-term-treatment.htm (The first two paragraphs only apply to Hanako before Katawa Shoujo takes place). I hadn't thought of a lot of that; turns out skin does a lot. None of this is emergency care, or anything, but it stuff that should probably be monitored and checked up on every once in a while, and Yamaku seems like it would be really well suited to that kind of thing.
That makes sense. Learning to be resposible and care for her injuries sounds like it would be a big part of her education at the school.

Hmmm, I bet she could use help applying lotion to her back.... No! Bad Panda!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
RichieBerry

Post by RichieBerry »

pandaphil wrote: Hmmm, I bet she could use help applying lotion to her back.... No! Bad Panda!
Very, very bad Panda.

If you carry on like this, she's liable to think you only befriended her because you pit–– I mean, want to apply lotion to her back.
"Why do you make that noise? Are you mad? Well, obviously. Good. Your sweater is terrible, and I want you to feel bad about it. The burn tells me it is working."
"I like my sweater."
"I'm sure you like huffing glue, too. That doesn't make it right."
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

I think this game truly effected me on a sub-conscious level.

Yesterday I noticed myself adjusting my fringe to cover the left side of my face.
Here's the kicker: that's the side my bad eye and scar is at, the fringe thus covering up the eye.

That along with the realization that my personality is pretty much spot on with Hanakos (aside from just being a bit more outgoing towards immediate friends and family) was like a huge train of awesome smashing me at full speed.

Now, I know Hanako covers her RIGHT side, but that's where I figure the subconscious bit comes in. If it was conscious, I'd logically be immitating it. But knowing she covers her damages with her hair, my subsconscious is likely doing the same thing with my damages, even if they're on the "wrong" side.

And on figuring that, it hit me once again:
I am the male incarnation of Hanako.
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

EzeCoyote wrote:I think this game truly effected me on a sub-conscious level.

Yesterday I noticed myself adjusting my fringe to cover the left side of my face.
Here's the kicker: that's the side my bad eye and scar is at, the fringe thus covering up the eye.

That along with the realization that my personality is pretty much spot on with Hanakos (aside from just being a bit more outgoing towards immediate friends and family) was like a huge train of awesome smashing me at full speed.

Now, I know Hanako covers her RIGHT side, but that's where I figure the subconscious bit comes in. If it was conscious, I'd logically be immitating it. But knowing she covers her damages with her hair, my subsconscious is likely doing the same thing with my damages, even if they're on the "wrong" side.

And on figuring that, it hit me once again:
I am the male incarnation of Hanako.
FUCKING. LOVE. YOUR. AVATAR.

Anyway, Katawa Shoujo has a way of making extremely relatable characters. I see a little bit of myself in many of the characters.

Also, there's a member of the forums who has the exact same story as Hanako. I don't remember who though...
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

KeiichiO wrote:FUCKING. LOVE. YOUR. AVATAR.

Anyway, Katawa Shoujo has a way of making extremely relatable characters. I see a little bit of myself in many of the characters.

Also, there's a member of the forums who has the exact same story as Hanako. I don't remember who though...
Thanks. :P took me some fiddling around in Sony Vegas and GIF Movie Gear to make it work. Quality's a bit bad, but I blame the 58 KiB filesize limit. As for the FMV's, love them as well. Only one guy in charge of animation according to the credits? Heavily envious of his skills. I'm mainly a 3D animator but I really want to improve on 2D once I get a tablet. On the other hand how many years did he have on finishing them all up? :P

And aside from Hanako the only character I remotely related to was Rin, but only because she shared my introvertedness and affection for art.

And that sounds interesting. Exact same story? Down to the burnscars, or...?
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

EzeCoyote wrote:And that sounds interesting. Exact same story? Down to the burnscars, or...?
Everything. From losing parents in a house fire, to scars on 50% of his body. I almost feel uncomfortable talking about this so openly :oops:

I'm sure he'll find this post and personally tell you the deal. It's not really my right to be telling personal stories of others to random people...
EzeCoyote

Post by EzeCoyote »

KeiichiO wrote:
EzeCoyote wrote:And that sounds interesting. Exact same story? Down to the burnscars, or...?
Everything. From losing parents in a house fire, to scars on 50% of his body. I almost feel uncomfortable talking about this so openly :oops:

I'm sure he'll find this post and personally tell you the deal. It's not really my right to be telling personal stories of others to random people...
Ouch... Well, I suppose it's only logical he'd relate to her then...
Although, much like in the case of Hanako, if he were to read these posts: Don't feel a need to tell us the story if it makes you uncomfortable, or makes you relive those memories. Nobody should have to go through that.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

put that aside
just gonna write down some of my thoughts
out of 5 routes, Rin's definitely the most satisfying
that ending!
Shizune's is little bit boring but the twist at Act 3 @_@
still got the shock
Lilly's my favourite, idk why, maybe she's my type ?!?!
Hanako's, i can somewhat relate to her
and Emi's, i have nothing to say 'cause her route didn't leave much impression on me
Kenji is an annoying brat, nuff said
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Haha, :3.

But while we are talking about relating to characters;

Emis story reminds me of that first week when you get to getter whit some one, especially when your young and don´t know much about sex, your just trying stuff out. :3

I was actually in a similar state of mind that Hanakos in a few years back, and I don´t even have any physical or mental problems, I was bullied and very insecure about my self. But I got better. And yes, our skin dose a lot of cool stuff. :)

Lilly´s story reminds me of my second "girlfriend", don´t know why though, they have no real likeness in body or personality.

I have a friend that reminds me of Rin, sort of, she wants to be a professional clown. But I don´t think that Rin has any mental problems, she might very well just be socially awkward and don´t know how to talk to people. Rather then being like Hanako she just lost her self in her own little world.

Have no real connection whit Shizunes story, all though I do have a few friends that been in Mishas situation.
A good writer knows his limits. A great writer finds ways around them.
Selim Bradley

Post by Selim Bradley »

EzeCoyote wrote:
KeiichiO wrote:

Ouch... Well, I suppose it's only logical he'd relate to her then...
Although, much like in the case of Hanako, if he were to read these posts: Don't feel a need to tell us the story if it makes you uncomfortable, or makes you relive those memories. Nobody should have to go through that.
H-hi. KeiichiO, the person you are talking about is me.
I am the male version of Hanako Ikezawa.
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

Hi, nice that you could join us. :)
KeiichiO

Post by KeiichiO »

Selim Bradley wrote:H-hi. KeiichiO, the person you are talking about is me.
I was pretty certain it was you, but didn't want to look like an idiot if I was by chance wrong, so I didn't say your name.
ReCodes

Post by ReCodes »

out of 6 girls (including Misha too)
i can understand how Hanako and Misha feel
i too was in that "state" for quite some time :'C
~WAHAHAHA...~
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7531 <- my fan art gallery

I'm dead...for now...will be back sometimes later...
ArcCain

Post by ArcCain »

So I got it confirmed from TheHiveMind in the Ask! thread that Misha is a Lesbian and not Bisexual, she sleeps whit Hisao because she is confused,(probably lonely as well), and she wanted to end Hisao´s and Shizunes relationship, but I did not get it confirmed if she tells Shizune or not but I think she does.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

ArcCain wrote:So I got it confirmed from TheHiveMind in the Ask! thread that Misha is a Lesbian and not Bisexual, she sleeps whit Hisao because she is confused,(probably lonely as well), and she wanted to end Hisao´s and Shizunes relationship, but I did not get it confirmed if she tells Shizune or not but I think she does.
Sweet! Now its okay to start pairing her up with other girls around the school. :)

But *sigh* I know personally how much it sucks to be desperately in love with your best friend. Poor Misha.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.