Impressive. And that's putting it lightly.

For all feedback on our releases in all languages.
Karasu

Impressive. And that's putting it lightly.

Post by Karasu »

As the title says, even though I've only been playing a few hours with no ending in sight yet, this game... well, it's more than I ever expected from a visual novel.
As an amateur writer myself I have to say that the story, the depth of the characters, the unique, challenging and entrancing personalities... like the title says, impressive does not even begin to cover it.
As a fellow sufferer of heart disease, perhaps Hisao's story speaks to me in particular but i can't help feel any less involved with the other characters as well.
As for the artwork... well, the words stunning and breathtaking come to mind. I think I can leave it at that.
My one objection so far would have been that there seem to be fewer choices than I expected. But the game is too charming to hold anything against it just yet so I'll hold any critique on this point until I've at least reached one ending. Though, I can say this much: while the flow of the plot feels natural so far, your choices having unexpected consequences, it does sort of make it difficult to pursue a certain course. Of course this may just be an ignorant review as I haven't reached a conclusive end.

Well I think I've praised it enough. Hope my mindless banter will be at least somewhat useful.

I will say one last thing about the game... makes me wish I could make one of my stories into one...
Monsters aren't born, they are made
Karasu

Re: Impressive. And that's putting it lightly.

Post by Karasu »

Well, now that I've played it through to the end... with every single girl, I think I can more adequately give a proper feedback.

Starting with the simple things: Artwork. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it, I can't find a single flaw. Though the HD version crashes on me, I'll have to look up what's wrong. But as it stands, the characters, the scenery, everything is beautiful.

Music. All I can say is that it always fit the mood of the scene and that pretty much is all that counts.

Finally, the story... I've thought about the whole 'not enough choices' comment I made earlier. Maybe I felt like that because I expected there to be more or maybe it really does need more, although I can't find a legitimate reason why it would. All the same, I think the amount of choices available fit the story perfectly.
As for the story itself... that's a bit hard to comment on, which is somewhat... unsettling, I suppose, given that I aspire to be a writer. So I hope you won't mind if I settle for a few adjectives... beautiful, sad, funny, emotional, exhilarating and even painful at times.

All in all, I think the one thing I can say to describe the game completely is this: it made me feel. It kind of feels like it's too much to say about "just a game"... but it's true.
Monsters aren't born, they are made
Enemy |

Re: Impressive. And that's putting it lightly.

Post by Enemy | »

Karasu wrote:Though the HD version crashes on me, I'll have to look up what's wrong.
That was an April Fool's joke, actually :P