Seven Hours (UPDATED: 8/27)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Seven Hours (UPDATED: 8/27)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

No, the writing is more or less okay, but you don't seriously suggest that some paramilitary group waging war against the Japanese military and winning is even remotely plausible - let alone in the timeframe you suggest - do you?
It even more ridiculous than the premise of Homefront - and that's setting the bar high.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Mirage_GSM wrote:No, the writing is more or less okay, but you don't seriously suggest that some paramilitary group waging war against the Japanese military and winning is even remotely plausible - let alone in the timeframe you suggest - do you?
It even more ridiculous than the premise of Homefront - and that's setting the bar high.
There's nothing to suggest that the Hanran are operating entirely on their own and aren't recieving funds and supplies from outside.

Homefront involves North (and South) Korea toppling the most militaristically powerful nation on Earth.

Japan is nowhere near as militaristic. They have about 270,000 soldiers, including reserves. In fact, they're not even officially considered soldiers, just civilians with the right to put on a uniform and carry a rifle.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Exactly. Japan has 270.000 Soldiers - plus about 50.000 US soldiers stationed there.
Hokkaido - where your rebels are apparently based just has five odd million inhabitants. No matter how much outside funding or supplies they get, this is ridiculous. The scenes you describe would be a full-fledged Russian invasion. They are advancing without any resistance at all. They are using artillery. That's not something you can have delivered to rebels by amazon.

Please don't try to defend that scenario as realistic. I can accept it as a crackfick, but beyond that it is simply not credible.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ParagonTerminus

Mirage_GSM wrote:Exactly. Japan has 270.000 Soldiers - plus about 50.000 US soldiers stationed there.
Hokkaido - where your rebels are apparently based just has five odd million inhabitants. No matter how much outside funding or supplies they get, this is ridiculous. The scenes you describe would be a full-fledged Russian invasion. They are advancing without any resistance at all. They are using artillery. That's not something you can have delivered to rebels by amazon.

Please don't try to defend that scenario as realistic. I can accept it as a crackfick, but beyond that it is simply not credible.
It's not necessarily set today though. Homefront, for example, is set in the future, with a lot of political changes, economic issues, etc. It's not credible because it's North Korea versus US, which, as demonstrated in the past, will only shrink its military if it absolutely absolutelyh as to.

Japan, on the other hand...

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Mahorfeus

Post by Mahorfeus »

Without the proper context, there's not much I can really think of to justify the Hanran's existence. The dispute it would take for such a powerful military force to emerge in the middle of their own country would have to be massive in scale for it to escalate to this. Unless you were serious about the manga thing.

To be entirely honest, I would have found an alien invasion more plausible than a militant uprising.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
ParagonTerminus

The only hint I'll give to the Hanran's existance and power at the moment is: think of Ukraine.