Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 8+Ambiance!!!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sarizon

Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 8+Ambiance!!!)

Post by Sarizon »

Hello everyone. For those of you who may not know, I have moved my fan work which is originally named, KS OC, "Sarizon Furoruso," over here to the fan fiction section with an "Actual" title now. To simply put, I am moving everything over from that forum over here to help clean up the messy look of my last thread.

Now that's out of the way, Let me explain something about this story before you read it...

1) This fanfic is my first fanfic ever, so please feel free to criticize me or give me advice, I only want to get better at doing this :D

2)This story takes place after the events of the Katawa Shoujo game, and from what I can gather, the game took place in 2007, so about 7 years since my fanfic takes place in 2014

3) Almost all characters in this fanfic are OC's I have created(and still creating lol), however, there are some returning characters, and *possible* other returning characters in the future :wink: lol

4) My story begins right when the main character, Satoshi Fujino, starts in highschool, so plenty of high school fun to have in this fanfic haha.

5) I have edited my OC's name to an actual Japanese name after some criticism of people having trouble reading the name or it not being actual Japanese, so my OC is now Satoshi Fujino.

6) My story is told from two perspectives(at least for now), One is told from the main OC's POV, the other is through "nurse reports" by, you guessed, NURSE!!!

7) I draw a picture that represents certain points with each entry into the story, whether it be a chapter nurse report, or whatever, I like to give you guys a visual representation of what my characters look like and how they're living in that point in the story.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me :). I will gladly answer them! I plan on adding cool things along the way (ex. maybe a BGM playlist to listen to while reading my fanfic possibly :P)

Other than that, I hope you enjoy reading my story! :mrgreen:

Prologue

Act 1 - The Grass is Always Greener...
Chapter 1 - Starting Off Right
Chapter 2 - Humble Beginnings
Chapter 3 - Sleep Is For Those With Empty Thoughts...
Chapter 4 - What Am I Good At?
Chapter 5 - Running's Hard...
Chapter 6 - You Learn Something New Everyday
Chapter 7 - A Gift of Friendship
Chapter 8 - It Looks Like it Will Rain Today... w/Ambiance

Nurse Report's-W.I.P
Nurse Report #1
Nurse Report #2
Last edited by Sarizon on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:59 am, edited 22 times in total.
Sarizon

Prologue

Post by Sarizon »

Prologue - Where to Start?

It was September 22, 2013, and I was just about to turn 16 the next day... I was walking down the road with my friends, just like any other day and all I had on my mind is what I'm gonna get for my birthday the next day, and how me and my friends and family would spend the day having a great time. From out of nowhere, a strong gust of wind blew my hat into a power station we were passing by. My friends of coursed laughed and all bet that I wouldn't go and get it. I was so eager to prove them wrong and shove it in their face afterwards, that I decided to completely ignore the Danger and No Trespassing signs...

I felt like such a bad ass, thinking how much I'm gonna rub it in their face when I got my hat. When I got to where my hat was, it was hanging on to what looked like an electric coil of sorts, I was stupid, but not stupid enough to realize that was dangerous to touch, so I stepped onto what seemed like a non electric surface and reached for my hat, which was no easy feat. I had to stand on the tip of my toe's, but I managed to grab it and was so excited that I turned to my friends to point at them and say, "Ha, suck it gu..."

Before I knew it, another strong gust of wind struck me, and without think I turned back to the coil, thinking that there might be something to stop my fall... I was wrong... Before I knew it, my face banged against the coil, causing sparks to fly... and... then... a fire...

I screamed in agony as I was trying all my might to put the fire out that was succumbing my whole left face, I didn't even pay attention to the fact that an electric spark hit me in my left eye, blinding it. My friends jumped over the fence as fast as they could... but it was too late...

I woke up from being unconscious in a hospital bed, and all I could see was a blur of what seemed to be my mom and dad on my left hand side, though I couldn't really tell, along with my friends on my right... I could only imagine what my mom was thinking, seeing what was probably charred skin on my face... I asked, "How bad is it?" No one seemed to want to give me an answer, although I guess anyone would be shocked to see their friend/ son badly damaged like I thought I was...

The Doctor walked in not a minute later to tell everyone what the damage was... "Is...Is my baby okay?" my mom whimpered. The doctor replied," *sigh* Well, the good news is that he was not injured to the point of becoming seriously disabled, however, I'm afraid to say that your son's left eye is permanently blind, along with the majority of his left face with 3rd degree burns... I'm afraid we have done all we can do... I'm sorry."

After over hearing that, I realized that there were bandages along the left side of my face, and I was seeing the room with only one eye... How can this happen to me...? Why a day before my birthday? The one time I was going to be the happiest in they year, and so would everyone else, I was instead in a hospital bed wanting to scream and cry as my friend and family look devastated and saddened by the news... But for some reason... I kept it in, acting like it was just temporary, that this madness would go away, like a dream.

That was not the case, because after the rehab process, I was released from the hospital, back to my middle school... I thought that everyone would just mind their own business when I returned, maybe I would hear a sorry or two at most, but neither of those things happened... Instead, I was mocked and bullied for my new "look" as they call it... They would say things, that I'm not even comfortable saying... Why would they be this cruel? What did I do to deserve all of this? Am I even worth anything anymore with these remnants of a stupid kid just wanting his hat back?

I somehow managed to make it through my last year of middle school, but I was on the verge of just giving up. Over time, even my own friends stopped hanging with me, I guess because they didn't want be known as the guys that hung around a "freak." I was all alone... Sure my parents were there for me, but I was on my own with no one on my side... I sat in my room, just praying for some one to wake me from this nightmare.

I told my mom that I can't handle high school with these people... I don't want to be around anyone that will point fingers and laugh at me and.. and..." I couldn't hold back any more, and I began to cry... cry like I have never before in my life, my life was over... I was destined to be alone for the rest of my life because of a simple accident that could've happened to anyone.

My parents were eager to find any other school that would keep me away from such hatred... When they found out about Yamaku Academy...

"This is the one school that no one can judge you, hate you, discriminate you. You'll be surrounded by people that are disabled just like you Satoshi. You'll even have your own dorm room, so you can have as much privacy as you like..."
"Just like me?!? So I guess I'm now someone who is disabled... I've never had a problem with anyone that was disabled, but to be known as one? I almost disgusted at the thought! I'm not really disabled am I? Sure I may have had ADHD, and sure my face is burnt like overcooked beef and my left eye is blind, but I'm still standing, I can still see, so why am I 'disabled'?!?"

...I just realized how much of a jackass I must've sounded like right there. I wasn't any better than the kids that were doing the same thing to me.

"I'm sorry mom... I didn't mean to yell at you... I'm just really tired of being called names, and being shunned like an old toy on a shelf or something... I just want to be someone again... I don't want to be left behind for dead like everyone treated me after.. this..." I began to cry again. My mom held me and tried her best to calm me down. I may be alone for the rest of my life, but I'll always know that someone will always love me no matter what... Kind of the only thing that's kept me going really.

I learned more about Yamaku and the thought of actually getting away from all of this and going to a new school where I knew no one actually sounded appealing to me. I went ahead and said yes to moving to that school, although I was still skeptical. I've never even been near a school that was filled with a majority of disabled students, but I guess I would get used to it eventually. I'd take anything at this point to get out of this hell hole.

So I went through with the application process, and load and behold, I got accepted to transfer to the school. In a way, I was pretty excited to start somewhere new, somewhere I've never been before, away from the city life and all the bad that was kept in it. It was a fairly long drive but me and my parents finally made it. We parked in front of what seemed to be "Towering" entrance gates to the school. As I took that step out of the car, I may have not realized it then, but I knew that something was different about this place... Like I was meant to be here or something.... Only time will tell...

What do you guys think of the prologue? Lave a comment and let me know!!! Anything is welcomed! :mrgreen:

Original pic here:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 1

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 1 - Starting Off Right

As I began walking towards the front gate, I slowly felt smaller as the towering gates seemed to grow in size and stature with every step I took. I stopped just before entering, asking myself, "Is this really what I want? I either commit to a new school where I know no-one and live my next three years here, or go back to that Hell hole in Satte-Shi..." After hearing myself say that last portion, I knew there was no way I would return to that portion of my life again.

I continued to walk with my mom and dad around the campus. I don't know where this school got its funding from, but this High school looks more like a University. The School grounds consisted of thick trees, occasional flower beds, and open fields, all on top of a huge hill that overlooked a town at the bottom. Needless to say, it was already a huge change from the average city life back in Satte-Shi. I also noticed a few students walking around, one student crossed over the sidewalk in a wheelchair, while another was using crutches to get up a set of stairs at the main building of the campus, and many others. It seemed weird to me at first, seeing so many people with disabilities in one place, but to them, this has probably been just an average day like any other one.

We walked a little further, when we saw the track. I really did want to run track back at my school, but after the accident, I couldn't bare to hear what those ignorant fools had to say about me... Maybe here, it wouldn't be so bad.

We passed by the music & art hall and walked in front of a wall that was painted with a very interesting mural, though it seems that it was painted awhile back as some of the paint seemed faded, still, it looked nice. That reminded me of another thing I've kind of wanted to try, and that was learn how to play music. I love listening to all sorts of genres/artists of music, might as well learn to play something while in here for the next three years right?

We finally made it back to the front of the school where the dorms were located. It was a simple process to get my key for my room, and I notice that there were some students working at the main desk, perhaps there are part-time jobs that students can participate in while not in class.

After getting my key, we walked up 4 sets of stairs, even though it felt like 20, and walked down the dorm hall to room 4-6. As I put the key in, I questioned something, "Will my life really change here? How do I know that people won't judge me here or when I return back to Satte-Shi after graduation? What if..." I stopped my thoughts and turned the key to open the door.

It wasn't much of a room, as I expected, but it was big enough for me. To the left of the window was my bed, all wrinkled up like it hasn't been touched in awhile. I noticed above the bed that there was a sign that said, "Welcome, Satoshi." Nice to know that somebody was caring enough to make that sign for me. My desk was right in front of the window, which looks like I got a decent view as well. I noticed though that there wasn't a bathroom, but I suddenly remembered that there was a bathroom at the end of the hallway when we passed by it. I guess this place has one bathroom per level for all students living on that floor, I can deal with it. I unpacked a few things of mine, clothes, hats, shoes, etc..., and by that time it was time to say goodbye to my parents.

"Guys, I just want to say, thank you for doing this for me. I may or may not like it here, but it beats going to school with those people back at home," I said. My mom, with a saddened grin, said, "Absolutely dear. We love you and always will, no matter what. It may be tough to be on your own at first, but just know you can always call me or your father any time you like if you're feeling alone or need to talk about something." My dad also added, "That's absolutely right. You have made us so proud, and no one is going to make that change about you. You're our son and will always be our son, Satoshi. Now come give your old man a hug before your mom tries to take it away from me." She elbowed his side, while he and I laughed.

I hugged them for what seemed like an eternity before we walked back out the dorm to the car. I gave a final goodbye, and waved them off as I slowly watched their car drive off in the distance until the little spec was no where to be seen... I turned around back to the front gate and said to myself, "*Sigh* So... My new life begins now... Let's start it off right, shall we?"

It was getting pretty late, so I headed back into the dorm, and walked up to my room, closed the door behind me, and lay on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. "Tomorrow should be an interesting first day of school. It will be the first time I sit in a class filled with other students... Just like me." Somehow it felt good saying that last sentence, like a breath of fresh air. Maybe this place won't be as bad as I think it will be...

Original Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 2

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 2 - Humble Beginnings

My alarm steadily woke me up early the next morning. I rubbed my opens to open and scan across my dorm room. "*Yawn* So it wasn't a dream, I'm actually here... I can already feel the day being better than the past 8 months or so... Well, I better get dressed," I have said to myself.

I grabbed my clothes and headed for the hall bathroom. Surprisingly no one was really wondering the halls, then again, I had set my alarm pretty early just to make sure I knew where I was going and not to be late on my first day here. The showers were like any other public shower, tile floors and walls, one paper thin like shower curtain that could easily be torn apart if not done right, the works. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not really the most comfortable around other naked people... well, men anyway, heh. Fortunately, no one was in the shower and I was able to get in and out swiftly. I brushed my teeth, fixed my hair, and walked downstairs to head to my first class.

My first class of the day would be math, not one of my best subjects, considering how little I pay attention to things like numbers and mathematical signs. Either way, it's a new start for me, so I won't complain just yet. I realized also that this was my first day of High-school, considering I didn't start High-school back at Satte-Shi so I could transfer to Yamaku. As I'm walking, I keep asking questions like, "will high school be harder?" or "how much different will I feel here than my last school?" I was about to find out as I walked into the educational building.

Since I was a first year student, my classes were on the first floor, 2nd floor is for 2nd year students, and you can guess 3rd floor... I walked to my homeroom, Class 1-3. I took one final big breath and grabbed the knob to enter the room.

To my surprise, there were only two students in the room when I got there, but of course it is still pretty early. One was fast asleep in the back of the room, the other student was consistently looking out the window, as if she was trying to ignore the presence in the room or something, I don't know. At the teachers desk was my math teacher, Mrs. Hoshino.

Before I could walk over to her, she looked up and acknowledged my existence within the room. "Ah, you must me the new student... Satoshi is it?" she asked. I politely bowed and said,"Um... Yes Ma'am, it is very nice to meet you." She grinned and said, "It's very nice to meet you too. You're awful early today. Class doesn't start for another 30 minutes." I didn't realize just how early I actually was, but I responded with,"Well I just wanted to make sure that I had enough time in case I couldn't find to homeroom in time, um, heh." I don't know why I was so nervous for, it's not like I was late or anything, but she giggled and replied, "That's perfectly understandable. If you would like, your desk is at the back right of the room, near the window." I simply nodded and started to walk towards my desk, when I was stopped with another question by Mrs. Hoshino. "Oh, by the way, would you like to introduce yourself to the class when class starts? It it is okay if you don't want to, it is optional." I wasn't sure if I wanted to, but something in me blurted out, "yes ma'am, I would like to introduce myself." WHAT? What am I saying? That wasn't me! Yet, I said it... So much for not being nervous anymore.

I quietly sat in my desk looking out the window, watching the sunrise over the hills while students grew in numbers and walked on the sidewalk back and forth. The room began to fill up quickly with about 15 other students filling the room. Many students differentiated from one another. Some looked like any ordinary student, while others had crutches or bandages, etc... Needless to say, it was very interesting seeing so many students seem so diverse yet act like nothing is wrong with them. They act just like the students at my last school, chatty and with high energy, or quiet and shy.

The first bell rang and I almost felt my heart skip a beat when I remembered that I had to introduce myself to all these people. All I could think is not to mess up, please don't mess up.

"Good morning class, before we start our lecture, I would like to welcome a new student from our class. He has traveled a long way to go to school here with us, so please give him your undivided attention as he introduces himself," Mrs. Hoshino said. I took a huge gulp and walked toward the front, trying not to feel embarrassed. After a few seconds of standing, I said, "Um...Hello, my name is Satoshi Fujino. I lived in Satte-Shi before I transferred her to Yamaku. I hope that I get to have a great year with everyone here and possibly make friends. Thank you" There was an awkward silence, but eventually someone in the crowd of students shouted, "Welcome Satoshi!" To which I nodded, then a couple of more students said, "Yeah, welcome man!" Huh... These students are already nicer than back at home, so generously kind. I simply nodded in thanks and walked back to my desk. The teacher thanked everyone for the kind words they spoke to me, and we continued with the lesson that day...

Eventually lunchtime came, and I began to head over to the cafeteria, but I was stopped by my teacher. She told me, "Satoshi, after you are finished eating lunch, the administration told me to tell you to make a quick stop by the nurse's office. The nurse needs a record of you for his files, so please visit him as soon as you are done eating." I nodded and walked away. I wasn't sure where the nurse's office was, but I'm sure I will find out eventually. I stopped by the cafeteria and grabbed a simple lunch to snack on... The food was surprisingly okay, dare I say delicious. Huge difference from my old school food, if you wanted to call it that. I sat by myself, considering I didn't know anybody just yet, it's no surprise.

I eventually got done eating and began to look for signs pointing to the nurse's office. I eventually found some directions and began to head toward the office. It was quite a walk from where I was, but I eventually found it, in a rather odd hallway, with castle like archways in it. I knocked on the nurse's door, to which I heard a simple, "Come in!"

I opened the door and peek around and saw the nurse. He was a rather tall man, wearing a lab coat with a big grin on his face. "And who you might be?" He asked. I suddenly said, " Oh! Um hello, I'm Satoshi, my teacher asked for me to visit you." "Ah, yes, I need to post a file report on you. It's a standard procedure, so it won't take long, heh," he said. I simply nodded in agreement, and when ahead with the procedure. the nurse asked me basic questions, like my age, height, yada yada. Then he asked me about how my condition was caused. I've never really been open to talking about my condition since it happened about a year ago, so I was kind of skeptical at first, but I think the nurse saw my somewhat disgruntled face, and simply responded, "it's okay if you are not ready to talk about it yet... But just to let you know, anything you say to me will not leave this office no matter what." I nodded in agreement and decided to talk to him about my accident, how it happened, and what was the effect of have a blind eye and burned face at my old school. The nurse seemed very frustrated after hearing about my story. "It really disappoints me to hear stories like yours Satoshi. The way kids treat others that have something wrong with them is just cruel. It's a good thing you decided to hang on. There is so much more to life after high school." I nodded as understanding what he meant. I was at almost a point of just wanting to commit suicide and get my life over with, that way I wouldn't have to waste my life hearing insults and getting bullied, but, I held on, and in a way, I'm proud of myself for doing that.

The nurse had all the information he needed from me, but had a request of me. "Satoshi, I would like for you to start coming once every Monday for check ups, is that all right by you?" "Absolutely, sir," I said. "Sir? Ha, don't make me feel older than I already am. Just call me nurse" he said with a wide grin on his face. I somewhat giggled and said, "Okay, I guess I will see you next week then." He said with enthusiasm,"You got it! See you then!" I nodded and walked out of the office heading back to my class. The nurse seems like a nice guy, and funny too.

I went through the rest of my day, learning the other basics and eventually the final bell rang. When class was over, I didn't really know what to do, so I began to head back to my dorm room, when I noticed someone that seemed like they were having trouble going down some stairs... It was the same student from when I was walking around the campus with my parents yesterday. She seemed like she was uncomfortable trying to walk down the stairs, and no one seemed like they were going to stop and help her, and I had nothing else to do, so I decided to walk over to her.

"Excuse me, are you having trouble going down the stairs?" I asked. She responded, almost surprised,"Oh..um...yes, this dang crutch is just impossible to work with sometimes, ya know?" I simply agreed,"I bet, here, let me help you." She said,"Oh, thank you.. um..." "Satoshi...My name is Satoshi Fujino." She gladly said,"It's very nice to meet you Satoshi, my name is Akemi Kai." "Akemi, that's a very pretty name." She smiled and said, "Thank you." We eventually got to the bottom of the stairs and she was gracious of me helping her. "I appreciate it so much Satoshi, I'm sure I would still be up there if it wasn't for you, ha ha." I laughed and said,"Ha, anytime. Are you a first year student too?" She replied, "Uhuh! Been here since March and I love everything about it... Well, except for the enormous stairs here, ha." "Aren't there handicap walkways though?" I asked. "That's no challenge Satoshi! I got to take life to the limit, ha!" I simply smiled and said, "Whatever you say Akemi. Well, I guess I'll see you around then." Akemi smiled and said, "You bet! It was very nice meeting you Satoshi, and thank you again!" I gladly said,"Same to you Akemi, and you are welcome, anytime!"

We waved goodbye to each other, and headed to our respected dorms. It just hit me, I just had a full conversation with another student here with no issues, and her being a girl is an even bigger shock, considering that I have never really been able to have a decent conversation with one before. Akemi Kai huh? Being here is really starting to become a lot of... Fun... I haven't said that word in so long... It feels good to say it again... I went back up to my dorm, did my homework, and went to bed. I got to say, today was a very humble beginning to going to this school. I'm looking forward to tomorrow...

Origional Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sarizon

Nurse Report #1

Post by Sarizon »

Nurse Report #1
*Yamaku Academy Nurse Report*

Name: Satoshi Fujino
Height: 5'7 ft.
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Brown w/ left eye damage
Disabilities: ADHD, Semi-Blindness, Burned skin on left side of face and neck

Satoshi Fujino, born in Satte-Shi, Japan, was diagnosed with ADHD at a young age due to him always wondering off on his own and barely paying attention in class. His burned skin and blind eye was caused when at age 15, he went to retrieve his hat that flew off of his head into an electric power station. Patient claims that the hat was hanging on what seem to be a portion of the station not electrified, when reaching for the hat, his face touched one of the electric circuits that he did not see, thus creating an electrical discharge, which started a fire that burned portions on the left side of Satoshi's face. The electric discharge also blew electric sparks into Satoshi's eye, causing what looks like a lightning bolt slash on the top of the Iris of Satoshi's left eye, permanently blinding it. Patient claims he fell into a depression after kids at his previous school made fun of his blindness and scars and was almost at a point of attempting suicide. The patient has since been transfer to Yamaku Academy, where he has shown signs of happiness once again, although, patient will show signs of sadness/ loneliness every now and again...

*side note: This could be a sign of patient's ADHD returning after a short hiatus of any sign leading to such claim... Perhaps consider Adderal...*

Patient seems to be calm and respectful to others around him, but doesn't seem to be too eager to make friends with his classmates, as I've been told by his teachers... Will have more of a report when patient checks in next week...

*End Nurse's Report*

Original pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 3

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 3 - Sleep Is For Those With Empty Thoughts...

I wasn't able to get a lot of sleep last night. Reason being, is that I couldn't take my mind off of that Akemi girl I met yesterday... For one, I've never been so open to talking to someone I didn't know, much less a girl at that. How did I just so suddenly assist this stranger without even feeling some sense of shyness? Perhaps it's because I felt a sense of pity for the girl, considering that it seems like no one was willing to help her down that staircase in the education building, which was a pretty steep staircase that would have even the most "normal" person troubling. Now that I think about it, it seems kind of wrong that I felt a sense of "pity" for Akemi. I mean, I don't know her that much at all, and plus she's just like everyone else in the school. My guess would be that I was just trying to be a kind person helping a person in need I suppose.

Either way, thanks to thinking about that all night, I didn't fall asleep until like 3 a.m., which for me is not enough sleep when I had to get up at 8 the next morning. Needless to say, I dragged myself out of bed, feeling like a zombie, and headed to the bathroom. Same routine as said before, only I feel much shitier. I eventually headed out to class. It was a pretty morning like yesterday's, so at least the weather was working in my favor.

Since I slept in later, when I entered the room, it was much more crowded in the room this time around. Ms. Hoshino was at her desk, and I gave a friendly,"Good morning" to her, to which she smiled and replied, "Ahh, good morning to you too Satoshi." I nodded and turned to walk to my desk. I still didn't feel quite comfortable talking to anyone in class yet, so I just kept to myself and waited for class to start.

Ms. Hoshino began the lesson, and I was able to concentrate for a while, but like I said before, math is not my cup of tea, and I eventually drifted off looking at the window. I swear for a good 15-20 minutes I just stared out the window, watching the sun rise and the occasional bird fly in the air. I think I stared too long though, because I heard my name being called out to me. "Satoshi... Can you answer question number 6 for me?" I simply turned to her and felt like all the blood drained out of my face as all I saw was everyone staring at me.

"Uhh...uhh... let's see," I hesitantly said. "Um... is it 20?" She simply replied, "That's correct, Satoshi. Nice to know you can follow the lesson while looking out the window for half an hour."

The whole class chuckled along with Ms. Hoshino, as I felt kind of embarrassed and wanted to apologize to her. After Ms. Hoshino was done chuckling, she told me, "It's quite all right Satoshi, I'm not expecting a new student to be so vibrant about math in their second day, just try to pay attention to the lesson for the rest of the time ok?" I simply nodded and focused on her for the rest of the class.

Lunch time came by, and I went up to Ms. Hoshino to apologize to her. "Ms. Hoshino, I just wanted to apologize for interrupting your lesson," I said. She replied, "Like I said Satoshi, It's quite all right. I talked to the nurse yesterday, and he informed me about you having ADHD when you were younger. It could be the reason why you're not focusing like you should be." I suppose it could be. I have heard of ADHD going away for a period of time in some people, only to come back at a later age. I nodded and thanked her for understanding, then I walked out the room towards the cafeteria. I did the same routine I did yesterday, sat by myself and ate my lunch, nothing more. I will say though, that I was looking out for Akemi, but no sign of her anywhere.

Lunch ended, and I returned to class to finish the day with my other subjects. The final bell rang, and I got my stuff and left the room. I felt a sense of nervousness, wondering if I would see Akemi again or not.

Sure enough, at the same staircase was Akemi Kai. I stood there for a second, pondering to myself, "Why does she keep going to this staircase? I could've sworn there was an elevator somewhere near here." Regardless, I took a deep breath and walked over to her and said, "Hey, Akemi... Fancy seeing you here again." She looked over to me and smiled and said, "Oh hey, Satoshi! How are you?" "I'm good," I said, "what about you?" "I'm doing great....Well, almost," She said after looking at the stairs. "You do know that there is an elevator right?" To which she replied,"Yeah I know, but like I said yesterday, that's too easy. I got to have a challenge!" "Uhuh... Then I guess you won't need my help then", I said as I began to walk away. "Wait... You see, I tried to go down, but... I couldn't make it past 3 steps. But the point is I tried," she said with a serious, yet annoyed face. I chuckled a little bit and said, "I guess as long as you tried, I'll help you down again." "Oh, thank you Satoshi. I'll try harder next time so you won't have to keep doing this for me, ha." I replied with, "It's quite alright Akemi. I don't mind helping you, but can I ask you something?" She nodded in agreement. "If you know you will have trouble going down this staircase, then why not take the elevator? I know you said, because it was too easy, but there's got to be more to it than just that." she was hesitant to say something at first, but she eventually spoke. "Well...You see, I have Cerebral Palsy, which is why I have to use this crutch. I was diagnosed with it at a young age, so they were able to give me treatments that have helped greatly, but unfortunately they haven't been able to get rid of it completely. So instead of just taking the easy route through life, I made it an oath to myself, to live my life just like everyone else does, hence, me not using the elevator, ha." I took a moment to let that all sink in. I replied with, "Wow, I didn't realize how much something as simple as this meant to you, I'm sorry for making assumptions." "Ha, it's all right Satoshi, you only just met me yesterday, how would you have known?" she said.

I nodded, and after helping her get all the way down the stairs, I walked with her back to the dorms. We talked a little bit more about school and what not, and soon, we were at the dorms. I stupidly asked, "So...Are you gonna be here tomorrow? She said, "No, actually. I'm heading out to vacation with my parents for the next two weeks. But, I'll be back then." I was kind of sadden to hear that, considering Akemi was the only person I've really talked to besides Ms. Hoshino and the nurse.

I said, "Oh, okay. Well, when you get back, you maybe wanna grab lunch with me? It's okay if you don't want to." She was quick to reply, "Oh no! I don't mind at all! I would be happy to have lunch with you. But, I actually don't eat at the cafeteria. I eat at a cool spot with my friends that I was told about earlier this year, If you wanna check it out when I get back!" I gladly nodded and said, "Sure. I'd be glad to!"

She seemed to smile at this, and after a little more small talk, we waved each other goodbye and headed off to our rooms like last time. I got to my room, and just kind of sat on my bed for awhile. I was thinking about how Akemi was so open about telling me about her condition the way she did. It didn't seem to bother her at all, though I guess I didn't really ask, "So, what's wrong with you?" I just simply asked why she took the stairs rather than the elevator. She seems very bold and doesn't like to take shortcut's, makes me wonder if she's been like that her whole life since being diagnosed with that condition. I kind of feel bad for not sharing my story to her, but I guess I don't really need to, considering it's pretty visible on my face.

I sighed and then began to work on my homework. Afterwards, I opened my desk drawer, and grabbed my iPod. I decided to listen to a little Alt. Rock before I headed to bed. I'm a big fan of all sorts music, but I usually listen to rock or techno. Anywhere from Asian Kung-fu Generation, to Daft Punk, it's all right by me. I eventually got bored and got ready for bed. I went to bed a little bit earlier than I usually do, to make sure that in case I did non-stop thinking like I did last night, I would at least get five hours of sleep and not three. These next two weeks are going to kind of suck with out Akemi, but I'm sure I'll make it. Plus, she peeked my interest about this "cool" place she talked about. Jeez, I'm already thinking nonstop. I guess sleep is exclusive to those with empty thoughts... I'm gonna shut up now and close my eyes...

Origional Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 4

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 4 - What Am I Good At?

It's been almost a week since Akemi went on vacation with her family. Since she's been gone, I've felt pretty bored to be honest. I still have yet to make a "friend" and all I basically do is go to class and back to my room afterwards, finish my homework, study, listen to some music, and head to bed. It's getting pretty pretentious to say the least.

It was Monday, however, which means I have an appointment with the Nurse after school today. It may not be the most fantastic thing in the world, but at least it's something. School went its regular route, and after the final bell rang, I made my way to the nurse's office. I walked past the steep flight of stairs, kind of hoping to see Akemi magically appear there, but sadly to no avail, as all was there was scrambling students trying to leave the building. I continued on to that eager feeling hallway again and eventually made it to the nurse's door.

I knocked on the door, and heard the nurse welcoming me in. I peeked around the corner like last time, only to be somewhat overwhelmed by the Nurse when he said, "Ah Satoshi! Nice to see you again! Please, come in."

I nodded and walked into the room. "Um...I'm here for my appointment," I said. He smiled and said, "Of course you are, why else would you come and see old lonely me?" He chuckled after that, though it was pretty weird to hear that from such a "joyous" guy like the nurse. I smiled back and he continued. "So anyway, I wanted to take this week to get to know you better on more than just a patient level, and by that I mean just asking a few questions if that's alright with you," he asked. I didn't see a problem with it, so I said sure, and he seemed satisfied with my response. "Excellent," he said, "Then let's get started. How are you feeling after about a week being here? Does being around other students with disabilities making you uncomfortable in any way?" I was quick to reply, "To be honest, being here has felt quite easy compared to where I used to live. Everything here is so peaceful and quiet, I almost forget that I'm at a school sometimes. It's like I was meant to be here or something, heh. As far as being surrounded by other disabled students, I've kind of grown used to being around them. I mean I got no reason to feel uncomfortable as far as I know."

The Nurse seemed pleased with my answer and continued on, "Alright, any problems mentally or physically?" I replied, "No, but I will occasionally drift off into la la land and not focus on class, but I eventually get back on track."

The nurse seemed a little disdain from that answer, but was quick to respond. "I see, well Satoshi, we do have the possibility of you being put on Adderall, I think that wou-," I interrupted him right there with a hand palm in the air. "I'm sorry nurse, but I refuse to take any pill of any kind. I have never liked taking pills my entire life. If I was sick or had a headache, I would let my body heal me, not a pill. I haven't taken pills then, and I don't want to start now."

The nurse seemed a bit taken off at my response at first, but it seemed like he understood. "As you wish Satoshi, it's your body," he said. "Speaking of bodies, though, are you interested in any kind of sports like futbol, or Track?" It almost flew past me that I wanted to do Track back at my old school, but I was quick to respond, "Yes, actually I was planning on joining the track team for my first high school year back at home, but due to my "accident," I was afraid of what the other students would say about me, so I didn't join. I did walk by the track when I first got here, and I have to admit, I kind of got that want to join the track team here."

The nurse seemed thrilled at this and said with a big smile, "That's great! It's actually very easy to join the track team here Satoshi, and I'm sure they would be more than happy to have another member on their team. The track team has been searching for some great runners to join since the team lost a prime running star a couple of years ago..." He seemed to pause for a while, but said something under his breath, but I could still hear what he was saying. He sighed and said, "She was a great runner...Despite her disability, she was; still is the best out there..."

I honestly looked at him with a confused look. Who was this runner? She must've had a great connection with the nurse, because it seems like he's reminiscing about her. I could probably ask someone from the track team and see if they know.

After a few seconds, the nurse caught himself, and apologized for day dreaming. I said it was fine and he continued, "Have you made any friends in your first week?" I said no, and told him how I have just kept to myself for the past week, but, there is someone who sits next to me in class that I might talk to at some point.

The nurse had a huge grin and said, "Ah, so what's her name?" My face grew instant red, because I knew what he meant, but he chuckled and said that he was just kidding around. The nurse told me not to be too clammed up while here, and I agreed with him. I am getting tired of doing the same routine over and over again. Maybe it is time to finally stop having this social anxiety and just talk to someone for once.

The nurse said he had one final question for me, but that it was just a random question. "Before we close this appointment Satoshi, what kind of music do you listen to?" It was almost like a beacon got set off in my brain, because before I knew it, I was rambling off about these different artists I enjoy listening to, and what genre's of music are my favorite. The nurse seemed to like some of the same music, which was pretty cool to me.

After all, the music talk, the nurse wrapped up our appointment by checking my vital signs and physical state, and every checked out with him and he told me I was free to go. He told me me same time next Monday, to which I nodded, but I wanted to say one more thing on the way out to him.

"Hey nurse? Thank you for giving me some ideas of what to do for this week." He gave me a big grin and replied, "You got it!" He also told me to come by his office anytime if I need anything, to which I nodded.

I walked out of the room, and began to head back to my room. When I got there, I noticed that it was only 4:30 p.m., and I didn't feel like sitting in my room all day again, so I changed into some normal clothes I brought from back home, put on my hat, and I took off.

I walked around campus for awhile, until I saw the track. The track team was still practicing, so I decided to go sit on one of the bleacher seats next to the track and watch them run. I got to admit, watching them run got me really amped up to give it a shot at joining the track. I mean what do I got to lose right?

I noticed that one of the fastest runners looked familiar. I focused on him more, and sure enough, it was the student that sits next to me in class. I had no idea that he was a track runner, but now I can see why he seemed so athletic. I'll definitely have to talk to him before class starts tomorrow. Maybe he can help me with joining the track team.

I began to head back to my dorm after about an hour of watching the track team practice, but I kind of stopped by the art&music building again. I reminisced on the conversation I had with the nurse talking about my passion for music with him. I do have 3 years here, If I have time, I could always join the music club. I love instruments like the guitar or saxophone. It be pretty cool to learn to play one of them.

I eventually got back to my room and did my same routine I've been doing, but, I'm glad I took that walk after school. I'm actually pretty excited to talk to that student about the track team tomorrow. Who knows, I must just make a friend at the end of all of this. I just hope I don't have another sleepless night like I had last week thinking about it...

Original Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarizon

Nurse Report #2

Post by Sarizon »

Nurse Report #2

*Yamaku Academy Nurse Report #2*
June 9, 2014

I got to know the Patient a little bit more this week. Satoshi seems very respectful in many ways... Seems as though he was brought up in a good household when he was younger... I talked to him about his feelings of transferring to a new school, specifically him being around others with disabilities. Satoshi says that he strangely feels "welcomed" in this school, almost as if he was meant to be here.... Rare for a patient to feel this relaxed after only a week being here.

I asked him if he has had any trouble mentally/ physically. Patient claims no, but feels like he'll get distracted in class every now and again, whether it be day-dreaming/ looking out the window, he saids. I offered him the possibility of being put on Adderall, but the patient was quick to shut me up, with a disdain look on his face and a hand in the air. Satoshi saids that he has always disliked taking pills of any kind, even ibuprofen, his whole life, and doesn't want to start now...

*side note* This could be the reasoning why he is showing signs of ADHD at his age, will have to check with his teachers over the semester.*

I simply nodded, and continued asking basic question, when I think I struck a nerve, in a good way, when I asked him if he was into sports... Satoshi immediately spoke up, saying how he's always wanted to join the track team and said that he was going to at his last school, but said that he was afraid that people on the team would judge him/ make fun of him because of his scars.

I told him that it was very simple to join the track team here, and that the team would love to have more people on it, especially after losing a prime star runner a few years back...

*sigh* She was a great runner, despite her disability, she was/ still is the best out there

I didn't realize I said that last sentence out loud, which gave the patient a strange look like I was crazy...Wouldn't surprise me if I was, ha...

I also asked him if he's made any friends in his first week, to which he said not yet, but he's noticed someone in his class he might be interested in talking to...

I jokingly said, "ahh, so what's her name?" Which made him blush up. I chuckled afterwards and said it was a joke, but told him not to be too clammed up while here, to which he nodded.

I asked him one more random question about what kind of music he listened to. Once again, I seemed to strike a good nerve, as he was very enthusiastic, talking about different genre's/artist he liked/ hated, some of which I enjoy as well, ha ha.

All vital signs were good, and no physical problems, so the patient was free to go, but he thanked me on the way out, to which I said, "You got it! Come to my office anytime for anything you need!" He simply nodded and walked out...

I feel like I'm helping this patient open up more, and it's only the second week, so that's a good sign. Will have more on patient after next weeks check up...

*End Nurse's Report*

Original Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Helbereth

Re: Living With a Blindside...

Post by Helbereth »

Regardless of the VN's release date, all events in KS take place in 2007, not 2012, which is when 4LS started development.
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

Helbereth wrote:Regardless of the VN's release date, all events in KS take place in 2007, not 2012, which is when 4LS started development.
Wish I would've known that before I started lol, oh well :oops: :lol:
I hope you guys don't mind me keeping it at 2012 :|
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Okay, not bad for a first story.
Quite a few problems with tenses and Homophones. I won't list them all here, but I suggest you find a proofreader/editor. Several people around here will be able to help you if you ask nicely.
"Sarizon" is not really a Japanese name, and it feels strange to read it.
Oddly enough, Yamaku would only transfer me towards the end of the first semester, for whatever reason.
That IS strange. I can't think of any reason why this should happen, and apparently neither could you. Writing "for whatever reason" is just a cop-out.
There is not even a reason to include this immersion breaker. There is no real interaction between him and his classmates, so far and he could just as well have arrived a few days late for "family reasons" without having to change the story in any other way.
Oh, and Yamaku has trimesters not semesters.
I hope that I get to have a great year
Actually three years - if he doesn't plan to go back after the first.
not too many kids would've kept going, if you know what I mean."
What? Nurse is complimenting him for not committing suicide? Saying most kids would have? :shock:
Since I slept in later, when I entered the room, it was much more crowded in the room this time around.
He got up at 6a.m. - when do you think classes start in Japan?
Load and behold, at the same staircase was Akemi Kai.
"Load and behold"?
I hope you guys don't mind me keeping it at 2012
Of course not. Just keep in mind it's been four years since Hisao's graduation in that case.

Oh, and regarding your nurse files... They read less like a filed report and more like a diary. Also they don't seem to add very much to the preceding chapter. The two so far are more a retelling of events from a different perspective.
Such a thing CAN be interesting if done well - see dewelar's "Developments", but it hast to add some new insights to the scene, otherwise it is just a repetition.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Okay, not bad for a first story.
Quite a few problems with tenses and Homophones. I won't list them all here, but I suggest you find a proofreader/editor. Several people around here will be able to help you if you ask nicely.
"Sarizon" is not really a Japanese name, and it feels strange to read it.
Oddly enough, Yamaku would only transfer me towards the end of the first semester, for whatever reason.
That IS strange. I can't think of any reason why this should happen, and apparently neither could you. Writing "for whatever reason" is just a cop-out.
There is not even a reason to include this immersion breaker. There is no real interaction between him and his classmates, so far and he could just as well have arrived a few days late for "family reasons" without having to change the story in any other way.
Oh, and Yamaku has trimesters not semesters.
I hope that I get to have a great year
Actually three years - if he doesn't plan to go back after the first.
not too many kids would've kept going, if you know what I mean."
What? Nurse is complimenting him for not committing suicide? Saying most kids would have? :shock:
Since I slept in later, when I entered the room, it was much more crowded in the room this time around.
He got up at 6a.m. - when do you think classes start in Japan?
Load and behold, at the same staircase was Akemi Kai.
"Load and behold"?
I hope you guys don't mind me keeping it at 2012
Of course not. Just keep in mind it's been four years since Hisao's graduation in that case.

Oh, and regarding your nurse files... They read less like a filed report and more like a diary. Also they don't seem to add very much to the preceding chapter. The two so far are more a retelling of events from a different perspective.
Such a thing CAN be interesting if done well - see dewelar's "Developments", but it hast to add some new insights to the scene, otherwise it is just a repetition.

I appreciate your constructive criticism and I will use this to my best ability to fix some errors within my story. It's obvious you know what you're talking about haha
Sarizon

A Few Major Changes To The Story...

Post by Sarizon »

So I did a lot of thinking today while I was at work after reading Mirage_GSM's post, and I've made a few slight adjustments to how this story flows if you will.

1) I found a grammar correcting site, and with it, I have touched up all my chapters, and I've also done a little rewording within the chapters as well.

2) After some concerns with my character's name not being true Japanese/ hard to say... I made the big decision to rename my character, Satoshi Fujino.... I think it fits nice haha

3) I am going to rewrite the nurse reports, because after rereading them, it is what Mirage_GSM said they are, just recaps of the last two chapters, rather than an actual different perspective in the story, so feel free to read them, however, know that they are now a WIP and "WILL" be changed soon...

Other than this, I am thoroughly enjoying everyone's presence on this thread, and I want to give a big thank you to Mirage_GSM & Helbereth for actually taking the time to criticize and help me with correcting my story to make it better, it means alot you guys :)

Also, thank you to anyone who originally read this story back when it was in the fan works thread and are continuing to read it here, you guys are SOOOOO COOOOL Haha.

Oh, and if you feel the need to criticize my work or want to give me advice, PLEASE feel free to post here about it, as you can tell just how much of an impact it already has had on me lol :lol:

A new chapter will be up sometime tomorrow, so look forward to that! Until then, see you guys!!! :mrgreen:
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 5

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 5 - Running's Hard...

The next morning arose, and I was quick to get up and get ready to go to class. Never have I felt so happy to wake up early in the morning just to go to class, but it was for a good reason.

I got dressed and ready to go, and like every day so far since being at Yamaku, it's a nice sunny morning. I actually saw the nurse walking on the sidewalk to his office, and so I gave a friendly wave to him, to which he smiled and waved back. I finally got to my classroom, hoping that the runner, I saw yesterday would be there. Sure enough, he was there, although he was sleeping... He always seems to sleep before class starts... Doesn't he get any rest? Ms. Hoshino wasn't in the classroom yet, so I took the opportunity to slowly tap the shoulder of the student sitting next to me.

I asked while tapping his shoulder, "Um... Hey... excuse me?"

He shrugged and slowly began to open his eyes, "Hmm...huh...what?" It was obvious that he was still in a sleep state, but I gave him the chance to slowly wake up.

"Hey, I hope I'm not disturbing you, but are you a runner on the track team?" As if I didn't already know that.

He let out a big yawn, and with slightly opened eyes, he said, "Uh, yeah I am actually. Why Do you ask?

"Oh, um... Well, I was watching you and everyone else running during your track practice yesterday, and I wanted to do track at my last school... But... Well, you see, I had an accident, as you can tell, and I was getting made fun of, so I didn't join them. Since I'm at a new school, I was kind of wanting to see if maybe you have any openings on the track team or not," I said to him.

He looked at me with a pondering look on his face, but then said, "Ah, so you were the random guy at the track yesterday, ha. Yeah, we are actually looking for some new runners to join the team, and we would be more than happy to have you try out!"

"Really?!? You don't mind having someone... Like me on your team?" I asked.

He replied,"Not at all man. To be honest, I didn't even notice your.. um..." I realized he was trying to figure out what was on my face, to which I replied, "Oh, um... These are burns I got from my... Accident last year."

"Oh really? I'm sorry to hear that man. Although it does make you look cool in a way," he said with sincerity. I was quite shocked to hear him say that. "You really think my burns look cool?" I asked with confusion. He was quick to say,"Yeah man, they make you look like a bad ass in my opinion, ha."

I couldn't tell if he was being serious or just being nice, but him saying that did make me feel a little bit better about my "disability," plus I did feel like a bad ass walking into that power station, so it's nice to know that something positive came out of this accident.

"Thank you for the compliment, um... I'm sorry, I don't even know your name," I said embarrassingly. He smiled and said, "You're welcome. Oh, and my name is Ryo Kuno! You're Satoshi Funji right?"

"Yes That's me, it's nice to meet you Ryo," I said. "Same to you Satoshi," said Ryo. He reached his hand out to me to shake it, to which I did. His hand felt a bit odd, almost rubbery, but I shrugged it off as a coincidence.

Me and Ryo chatted a little bit more before Ms. Hoshino arrived, and we started class. I got to say, talking to Ryo was a lot easier than I thought it would be. He seems like he would be a pretty cool guy to hang out with after school. Eventually the class ended, and I stopped Ryo before he left the classroom to ask him something. "Hey Ryo, when should I come to try out for the track team?" He replied, "You can come by today if you want! I got an extra pair of running shoes and shorts than you can wear for practice today, so just stop by the track and I'll give them to you!" "Geat, then I'll see you after school then," I said to Ryo. Ryo said, "Absolutely man! See you then!"

I ate lunch alone again, not forgetting that next week Akemi returns from her vacation. I've been wanting to know more and more about this "cool" place that Akemi was talking about, and luckily she returns next week, because honestly, eating alone in this cafeteria is really starting to get annoying.

Eventually the class ended, and I made and immediate B line to the track. I was so excited to finally try out for something at school that I almost ran into a few other students on the way out of the building. Luckily I didn't hit anyone and I eventually made it to the track.

Ryo was there waiting for me, and I waved at him. He saw me and shouted, "Hey Satoshi! Glad to see you made it!" I said hi back, then Ryo gave me his extra shoes and shorts to me. The shorts seemed a little small, but then again, I've never worn track shorts before, so this is probably normal. I went to the nearest bathroom and changed.

When I came back, it looked like the rest of the team showed up. I walked over to Ryo, and Ryo told me he wanted to introduce me to the team, which I was fine with him doing so.

"Everyone, I would like to introduce Satoshi Funji! He's our newest runner, so give a warm welcome, okay!?!" After Ryo said that, everyone began to surround me, introducing themselves to me. They all seemed very nice, and I thanked them all for the nice compliments. After chatting with a few teammates, I walked over to Ryo to talk to him before practice started. I said, "Wow Ryo, everyone seems so nice to me, and I just got here." He reached for his forearm and replied, "I told you! Everyone on the team is ver-..." Before he could finish, I yelled because what I saw was Ryo pulling off his left forearm skin with his right hand. "What are you doing?!?" I said scarcely. "Whoa! Calm down Satoshi, it's just my artificial skin that goes over my bionic arm, see?"

So that's why his skin felt so weird when I went to shake his hand earlier today. I felt pretty embarrassed, as everyone began to laugh, including Ryo. I said,"I'm, I'm sorry Ryo, I...I didn't know you had a bionic arm." He chuckled and said, "It's all right man! I didn't tell you, so how could you have known right?" I guess he's right, I will say though, that was like something I would see in a movie, but I never thought I would actually see a real life bionic arm. It acted like a real arm, though, so it seems like Ryo has gotten used to it over time.

After the shenanigans that just occurred, we began running around the track. It was simple at first, just jogging around the track. Then, it got a little harder...And a little harder... Then just hard... I came to realize that running's harder than I thought it was, but to be fair, I've never really done any sports before.

I eventually got so tired, that I had to stop for a moment, and just take a breather. I was bent over, pulsating sweat while trying to catch my breath, that's when I heard a voice. "Need a hand?" The voice asked. While still panting, I looked up to see where the voice was coming from. It was one of the girls that were running ahead of me. She must've seen me falling off the pace and came back to give me a hand.

I said, "I'm fine, thanks...I was just catching...my breath." She smiled and said, "Ha, okay. How about I run with you so you're not alone back here?" I was kind of skeptical to answer at first, but I was feeling a bit alone running behind everyone else, soI said,"Sure...I... Appreciate that..um?" She realized I didn't know her name, to which she said,"Oh, how silly of me, my name is Natsumi Hora!" I told her my name and said it was nice to meet her, to which she said the same, and we went back to running. She kept her word and stuck with me for the rest of the practice, even though there were times when the rest of the team was almost two hundred meters ahead of us. Natsumi was very kind, and very energetic as well. She would occasionally ask me how I was doing, and I would give her a thumbs up and say that I'm good. She kept me motivated to keep going, even when I felt like my lung were going to burst out of my chest.

Eventually practice ended, and I was worn out. I have never worked out that hard in my life, though I wish I did sooner than now. I stopped Natsumi after we concluded practice to thank her. "Hey Natsumi, I just wanted to say thank you for staying by my side, even though I was pretty slow. I would've felt a little bit worse by myself back there if you hadn't checked on me earlier." She gave me a thumbs up and, while grinning, said, "Absolutely Satoshi! It was fun running with you and getting to talk to you a little bit. Always good to get to know the new guy right?" I nodded in agreement, but before we said anything else, I heard a familiar voice from a distance. "Hey Satoshi! I like your new girl man!" I immediately turned full red in the face, and I think Natsumi did as well, but she was quick to reply, "Shut up Ryo, Ha! I ought to come kick your ass where you're standing!" "Ha, I like to see you try Natsumi," Ryo said, "It was a joke by the way Satoshi, no need to get all red, ha!"

I eventually got over it, and even chuckled a little bit after looking at Natsumi laughing at the situation. She seems so confident, yet I wonder what she's doing here. She doesn't seem to show any signs of a disability. Then again, I got surprised by fake skin earlier as well, so I'm willing to bet anything at this point.

Ryo walked over to us and said to me, "Joking aside Satoshi, you did a lot better than I thought you would! I think both me and Natsumi can agree that we would like for you to keep coming to track practice man!" Natsumi was quick to follow with, "I agree 100%! I would love to keep running with you Satoshi, as I'm sure everyone else would as well!"

I really didn't think I did that well, but I guess I made a good impression to everyone that they want me to keep running with them. I thanked Ryo and Natsumi for the compliments and asked, "So, same time tomorrow?" To which they both said, "Absolutely!" I asked if Ryo wanted his shoes and shorts back, but he declined and said, "Nah man, I don't need them. You keep using them until you get your own shoes and shorts!" "Alright," I said.

We all waved goodbye and I began walking back to the dorms with Ryo. "Hey Ryo, I just want to thank you for inviting me on to the team. I really enjoyed running with you all, and I'm pretty excited to do it again tomorrow," I said to Ryo. He smiled and said, "Absolutely! To be honest, the way you were keeping to yourself in class for the past couple of weeks, I didn't think you were ever going to talk to anyone, much less me. But I'm glad you woke me up this morning in class Satoshi. If nothing else, I see us becoming good friends in the future, ha."

I took a moment to realize what he just said. Ryo considers me to be... A friend... After so long without having one, I finally have a friend. Someone to talk to in class and hang out with when I'm not in school. "You know Ryo, I haven't been really able to be socially open to anyone since my accident happened, mainly because of the bullying I got because of it. It feels good to finally have someone I can call a friend Ryo... Thank you."

He simply nodded and said, "You're welcome Satoshi, I'll see you tomorrow in class bud." I nodded and waved goodbye to him as he went to his dorm room, as I went to mine.

Wow, a lot happened today. I met two new people I can genuinely talk to without feeling any sense of being anti-social, and I'm actually on a team! I don't know what has happened to me since joining this school, but I feel like everyday I seem to be changing for the better. Maybe I was meant to be here after all, but now I got all this homework to deal with, but I don't know how I'm going to focus after everything that happened today. Better get started...

Original Pic:

P.S. Sorry it took so long to get this chapter out! HAd a few things to do in "The Real World" haha, but I think this chapter worked out great, I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far, and I hope you continue to read!!! Chapter 6 to be coming soon!!! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sarizon on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 5 8/27/14)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Apart from some general grammar issues you tend to say the same thing two or even three times:
She kept her word ans stuck with me for the rest of the practice, ....

Eventually practice ended, ... Natsumi was there by my side the rest of the practice though, and.... "Hey Natsumi, I just wanted to say thank you for staying by my side for the rest of the practice.
It's something you might keep an eye out for.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.