Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 8+Ambiance!!!)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sarizon

Re: Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 5 8/27/14)

Post by Sarizon »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Apart from some general grammar issues you tend to say the same thing two or even three times:
She kept her word ans stuck with me for the rest of the practice, ....

Eventually practice ended, ... Natsumi was there by my side the rest of the practice though, and.... "Hey Natsumi, I just wanted to say thank you for staying by my side for the rest of the practice.
It's something you might keep an eye out for.
I gotta stop writing these things late at night, haha. I swear I don't even notice this while I'm writing it. But thanks for pointing that out for me. I will definitely look into that :mrgreen:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

A general tip is never to post your stories as soon as you finished writing them. Let them sit on your harddrive for one or two days, then read them again - reading them out loud to yourself is optional but recommended for beginners.
You'll be amazed at the stuff you'll notice that you didn't notice before.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

Mirage_GSM wrote:A general tip is never to post your stories as soon as you finished writing them. Let them sit on your harddrive for one or two days, then read them again - reading them out loud to yourself is optional but recommended for beginners.
You'll be amazed at the stuff you'll notice that you didn't notice before.
You just like helping me don't you? Ha, a very useful tip though. I will definitely do this with the next chapter :)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Also, it's not a bad idea to get several chapters ahead, if your writing style allows for it. That way, you can make sure events you set up in an early chapter don't screw things up in your later chapters, and rewrite earlier chapters as needed to fit where the story's going.
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

bhtooefr wrote:Also, it's not a bad idea to get several chapters ahead, if your writing style allows for it. That way, you can make sure events you set up in an early chapter don't screw things up in your later chapters, and rewrite earlier chapters as needed to fit where the story's going.
That's not a bad idea, I will definitely try that. Thanks for the tip! It's nice to know there so many people wanting to help me with my story :)
Sarizon

A little update with Ch.5 , Plus other stuff...

Post by Sarizon »

Just letting anyone who wants to know that I have corrected some grammar mistakes, and I've done some rewording on Chapter 5, so feel free to read again.

Side Note - Chapter 6 & 7 are almost done being written, and I'll have at least one up by the end of this week(with a drawing of course :wink: )

I'm debating on whether I should release Nurse Report #3 after ch. 6 or not, due to it being like the other nurse reports, it was posted on my old thread, so I haven't made changes to any of them yet, but, if you guys would like to see the drawing I did for the nurse report, then here it is! Image
Original Pic:

The drawing gives you a better idea of how Ryo Kuno looks, so happy day! :mrgreen:

Feel free to tell me what you guys think of the corrections I made on ch.5, or any thing you would like for me to tell you/answer about my story, until then, see you when Ch.6 comes out!!! :mrgreen:
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 6

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 6 - You Learn Something New Everyday

I woke up the next day feeling a bit tired, but not as bad as I thought I would be. I couldn't really focus on my homework last night, because I was thinking too much about yesterday, and how fun it was to run track. Even more to my curiosity though, I couldn't help but wonder about Natsumi. She really doesn't show any physical sign of disabilities, and yet she goes to school here. The only thing I can think of is maybe something within her is wrong, but she doesn't show any signs of that. Is it even right that I wonder about such things? I mean, I don't even really know her enough to ask such a thing to her personally. Maybe I'll ask Ryo when I see him in class today. Considering that he has ran with her longer than I have, perhaps he would know.

I got dressed and left for school. Does it ever rain here? Always sunny, or cloudy, it never changes. Regardless, I made it to class, and there was Ryo, sleeping before class as usual. I noticed something though. He didn't have his rubber hand and forearm on his bionic arm today. Curious, I woke him up.

"Morning Ryo," I said as i nudged him awake.

He snarled, and said with a yawn, "Huh? Oh, Morning Satoshi..."

"Hey man, I notice you don't have your rubber skin on your arm today, did the skin get damaged or something?" I said.

He laughed and said, "No, I just didn't feel like putting it on today. It's easy to get off, but getting it on? It's like a nightmare, ha."

With my question answered, I just simply moved on to talking about track... And Natsumi.

"Hey Ryo," I said, "I got a question about Natsumi."

"Ah, I knew you had the hots for her," he said with a smirk on his face.

I blushed red and quickly responded with, "N-no, that's not what I'm asking about!"

He just simply laughed, and said, "I'm just kidding Satoshi. You got to stop taking my so serious man, ha. But anyway, What's your question?"

As I stopped blushing, I simply asked, "Well...Natsumi seems like she's really good at running. She's confident, and is really energetic. The thing about it though, is that she doesn't seem to look disabled in anyway, so I didn't know if you knew or not, but do you know why she goes to school here?"

He seemed to think about it for a second, then told me, "Well, it's not my place to say Satoshi. You said she is nice, and you two seemed to get along great yesterday at practice, so I'm sure she would be fine telling you."

"I guess so, but, it seems kind of awkward to ask someone I don't really know that well 'what's wrong with them,' you know?" I said.

He nodded and said, "I understand what you mean, but trust me, I have ran with her for the past couple of months, and she really doesn't take offense to anything anyone says, or ask her. She is a real care-free kind of girl, man."

I guess he's right. I would want people to ask me personally about my problem, rather than go ask someone else. I kind of feel like a jerk after realizing that I was doing just what I wouldn't want someone else doing to me, but at least I stopped now.

Class began, and Ms. Hoshino began her lesson. As you can guess, I wasn't really that interested in learning about math, but I forced myself to stay focused, because we have a test coming up next Friday, and I don't want to doze off and miss something that might not be on the test.

After what felt like years going by, the Lunch bell finally rang. I began walking to the cafeteria, when I heard Ms. Hoshino call me to the desk. I hope it's nothing too troubling.

I walked over to her desk and said, "Yes Ms. Hoshino?"

She smiled and said, "Hello Satoshi. I just wanted you to know that I have been watching you in class, as of late, and I must say, you seem to be focusing on the lessons a lot better than what you have been a couple of weeks ago. Also, I notice you talked to Ryo Kuno a lot. Is he your friend?"

I said with a smile, "Yes ma'am. He helped me to join the track team yesterday, and he seems really funny and cool to hang out with. He really is the first person I have called a friend since leaving my home back in Satte-Shi."

"I'm very glad to hear that Satoshi," Hoshino said, "Ryo is a good kid, but he can also be a little 'wild' if you will. Just make sure that none of that spreads to you alright?"

I nodded in agreement, and she let me go to lunch. I kind of wish I would've stopped Ryo, but he was gone before I could even stop him. It get's really lonely sitting at lunch by myself, but, Akemi returns next Monday, and I can finally eat at this "cool place," rather than this boring cafeteria.

I went through the rest of my school day, occasionally talking to Ryo, when the final bell rang. I left my running uniform back at my dorm, so I said I'll meet Ryo at the track, and we waved bye to each other. I quickly rushed to my dorm, grabbed my uniform, and I was out in a flash.

I made it to the track on time, but I felt like I ran a marathon how quick I ran to get there on time. I said hello to everyone, and met up with Ryo, who was talking to Natsumi.

"Hey guys," I said, walking towards them.

They both said, "Hey Satoshi!"

"Ready for some more running?" Natsumi asked?

I said, "Oh yeah, you know it!"

Ryo laughed and said with a smirk, "You guys gonna run 'together' again?"

Knowing how Ryo jokes, me and Natsumi just stared at him, to which he said, "Alright guys, sheesh, ha. no need for the stink eye!"

Me and Natsumi just laughed afterwards, and we walked towards the track. I felt a little bad, knowing how much faster Natsumi is than me, I would hate that she wouldn't get her full exercise for today. "Hey Natsumi," I said, "I know you run faster than me, so if you want to stay with the faster team me-," before I could finish, Natsumi interrupted me by saying, "I don't want to hear that, Satoshi. I am more than happy running with any fellow teammate, no matter how slow or fast he or she is."

She said it with such compassion, I couldn't say no, so we began running. She kept her word, running beside me the majority of the practice. Around halfway though, I began to really fall off the pace. I felt like my heart was going to burst how fast it was beating, and I felt like I had to stop.

I said to Natsumi while panting, "Natsumi... I think... I need to... Take a break..."

She looked at me and said, "Come one Satoshi, We go just a little bit more, I know you can do it!"

"I'm not sure... I share your... Enthusiasm for this... Natsumi," I said while trying to crack a smile.

Natsumi looked at me with a smile, and replied, "I'll tell you what, you keep up with me the rest of the practice, and I'll tell you the reason why I attend this school."

I stared at her in shock for a moment. I didn't even ask her about that yet. How could She know that I wanted to know?

"Wait... How... Did you know.?" I said, trying to catch my breath.

She chuckled and said, "Ryo told me you were curious to why I'm attending this school, and I got no problem telling you, that is, if you can keep up." Ryo, that bastard. I should've realized he told her, but at least she was fine with me wanting to know.

I am determined to find out why she is here, so I made it a challenge to keep myself up with Natsumi. It wasn't hard at first, but I notice that she began to get a little faster each lap, but I wasn't going to give up that easy. I kept with her, but the faster she went, the more my heart pounded, and the harder I had to breath. I felt like my lungs were going to collapse, but after a few more laps, practice finally ended. I was so concentrated on keeping up with Natsumi, that I didn't even realize that I caught up to the main group in the last few laps of practice.

I immediately bent over, trying to catch my breath and feeling exhausted, but I noticed that Natsumi looked just as tired, with her hands on her hips. She looked over at me and said, "Wow... You did it... I'm actually shocked... you were able to keep up...for that long, Satoshi."

"Well... It wasn't... easy... but, like you... I keep... A promise," I said while still catching my breath.

I'm not sure, but I think I saw her blush a little after I said that. Kind of weird to me, since I didn't really think that what I said had deep meaning or anything.

"Well, I guess I got to tell you about why I go here now, huh, but first, let's cool down with the team," She said with a smile.

I nodded, and we walked over to the rest of the team. I grabbed a towel to wipe off the sweat on my body, when Ryo walked over to talk to me.

"Wow man, I saw you catching up to us at the end there," he said, "You are faster than I thought you were."

I said, "Well, if it weren't for Natsumi motivating me to keep going, I think I would still be finishing my laps right now." Natsumi seemed to blush at me saying that, and said, "W-well, it was you who made the decision to keep up with me, so be proud of yourself, Satoshi. You keep that up, and we might just have another top runner, come our next track meet!"

I looked at both Ryo and Natsumi and replied, "You guys really think I can become a top runner?"

They both gave me two thumbs up and said, "Absolutely!" I felt very much appreciated for their kind words, and thanked them for thinking so. A "top" runner huh? Honestly, I was just happy to be on a team, much less to become a top runner on the team. I would like that title, though.

We chatted a little bit more, and everyone began heading back to the dorms. Me and Natsumi, however, stuck around the track after everyone left.

Natsumi said, "Well, now that everyone is gone, I'll tell you about why I go to school here. Let's go sit in the bleachers."

I agreed, and we made our way towards the bleachers. I couldn't help but notice how cute Natsumi's smile was, and her big green eyes glistened in the sunset. Her hairstyle was very intriguing too. I've never really seen anyone with such a hairstyle before, not even back in Satte-Shi.

We made it to the bleachers, and sat down on the first bench. She took a deep breath, looked at me, and said, "Alright... The reason I go to this school begins back in middle school. I ran on my middle school track team when I was 14, and I was at a track meet. I was just as fast back then as I am today, and I was easing my way to another victory, when... I lost feeling in my body. I fell on the ground, and began to start shaking intensely, but I couldn't figure out why. I was scared and tearing up, but I eventually fell unconscious, and woke up later in a hospital bed, where a doctor diagnosed me with epilepsy. I found out that epilepsy was given to me through genetics, but neither of my parents has ever had a seizure before. I found out my grandfather used to have many seizure's, before eventually passing away back in 2010. My family was saddened by the news, but luckily, they said that I would still be able to run track, which I was very happy with, but they said that they would want me to move to a school where there was always medical help if needed. I was told I would be moving to Yamaku Academy, and I was skeptical at first, but I come to learn that not only I would have my own room, but that it is in a beautiful location. I love the outdoors, so Yamaku fits me perfectly. I have enjoyed every minute being here, though I do miss my friends and family back home, but I keep in touch with them, and I will make the occasional trip back home to visit them. Well, there you go Satoshi, hehe!"

I was shocked by what she told me. I never knew anyone with epilepsy before. I didn't even think that people with epilepsy could do things like sports, with the fear of another seizure and what not. Regardless of this fat though, Natsumi seems so calm, and happy, without a care in the world.

"Wow Natsumi, I admire your strength to keep going," I said, "Even after something like that happening, you continue to do what you love. Have you had any other seizure's since?"

She said, "Only two, but luckily, they both occurred when I was at home. It hasn't really bothered me that much though since the first seizure, the doctors say that my epilepsy isn't as bad as most cases, but they did say it has the possibility of becoming worse in my later years, so I'm trying to enjoy life as much as I possibly can in case my epilepsy does get worse."

I felt bad that she has told me basically her life story, and I haven't even shared an ounce of information about what happened to me.

"You look like you got something on your mind Satoshi," Natsumi said to me. "Well, you told me about why you are here, so I figured that maybe, I would tell you why I go here," I said.

"Oh Satoshi, you don't have to do that if you're not comfortable telling me," Natsumi said. I replied, "It's quite alright. Since I moved here, I have begun to open up a little bit more everyday, so I feel completely fine telling you about what happened to me."

She nodded in agreement, and I began to tell her my story; About how my accident occurred, and how the kids would make fun of me, and how I just couldn't take it anymore, and how I felt when I was told I would be going to Yamaku, compared to how I feel about it now.

"I'm so sorry to hear that the students at your school weren't as sorrowful as I thought they would be, Satoshi. It really makes me mad when I hear students makes fun of people like you and I, just because we have something wrong with us. I mean, we're not different, we just have a disability. Does it really matter?" she said with a fiery passion.

I responded with, "It's ok Natsumi, I just wish I went to your school. That was in the past, though, and I don't plan on seeing those people anytime soon, so I'm perfectly fine with staying here for my next three years."

Natsumi smiled, and said, "I'm glad to hear that Satoshi. By the way, I don't think your scars and blind eye are a bad thing. I think they make you look unique, a 'one of a kind' if you will."

"Thank you for saying that Natsumi," I said while blushing, "I really appreciate that."

She smiled and replied, "You're welcome Satoshi. Oh, it's almost dark out. I guess we should be heading back to the dorms before we get yelled at huh, ha."

I laughed and agreed, so we began to head back to our dorms. I noticed both of us were scratching ourselves, no thanks to all of this dried up sweat. We chatted a little bit more on they way back to the dorms, and by the time we got back to them, it was dark outside.

I wanted to ask Natsumi one more thing before I said goodbye. "Natsumi, do you know a girl named, Akemi Kai, by chance?"

She was surprised by me saying her name it seemed, and said, "Yes actually! Me and her are really good friends and we share the same class together. I'm guessing you know her as well?"

I laughed and said, "I sure do! She's suppose to be returning next week, and showing me this "cool place" she eats at lunch time."

"Oh yeah, me and Akemi's friends all eat there, you will definitely have to come eat with us when she gets back, ha," she said with excitement in her voice.

"I will make sure that will happen, It's a promise," I said to her.

We both smiled and began to wave goodbye to each other, when Natsumi said one last thing to me. "Hey Satoshi, I really enjoyed talking to you today."

I smiled and said, "I really enjoyed talking to you as well Natsumi, see you tomorrow."

She nodded, and we began walking to our dorms. I was pretty tired, so I went straight to my room. When I opened the door, I noticed something on my floor. It looks like a postcard of some sorts. It was a picture of what seemed to be London, with the words, "Greetings from London town!" I looked on the back, and it said, "Having a great time in London, Satoshi, wish you were here!" I didn't think anything of it then, but when I went to bed that night, I realized what she said. "Wish you were here..." Could that mean... Nah, I'm thinking too much into it...Right? I gotta get some sleep, sheesh...

Original Pic:

Whew, that was a lot of typing!! lol I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, the next chapter should finally shee the return of Akemi Kai back into the story, so stick around for that! Like I always say, any criticism/advice/ compliment is welcomed here. Besides that, new chapter should be up soon! See Ya then! :mrgreen:

P.S. I know I misspelled my character's name on the drawing, I'm so stupid lol
Last edited by Sarizon on Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 7

Post by Sarizon »

Chapter 7 - A Gift of Friendship

I spent the rest of the week studying, running, chatting with Ryo and Natsumi, repeat. Needless to say, I have been exhausted come Monday, and yet, I was happy. Monday is when Akemi returns from, thanks to looking at her "greeting card," London, England. I was pretty happy to know I would see her again after two long weeks. Plus, I already know her friend, Natsumi, so it should be pretty fun come lunch time. I wonder if she has any other friends that will be at the "cool place?"

My alarm hit, and I was up and out of bed, did my daily routine, and was out the door in a flash. I was filled with so much joy, that I even jogged to math class. It felt kind of good to jog before school, maybe I'll do it every now and again.

I gave my good mornings to Ms. Hoshino, then sat next to Ryo. I swear there's not a day he isn't sleeping before class. I give him a quick jab and wake him up and we talked like usual before class started. We went through our studies, but I couldn't concentrate as I hoped. Seeing Akemi again, and finding out about the "cool place" completely swapped my mind from even focusing on the lesson at hand. Luckily, Ms. Hoshino didn't notice my daydreaming, and soon enough, the lunch bell rang.

I got up and began walking down the hallways, but stopped for a second and thought about that "greeting card" again. I haven't thought about it all since l first saw it last week. Why am I thinking about it now? I mean, She did say She wished I was there, but surely that was just a friendly hello, right? If she did mean "that" though, would I really reject her? I mean, I don't even really know her all that well. Plus, the only relationship I have been in was in 7th grade, and that lasted two weeks. Her name was Chika, she wasn't the cutest girl, but she was nice, or so I thought. I found out after two weeks of us dating, that she wanted to break up. Reason being was that she thought I was "boring." The point is, if I couldn't even keep a relationship with a not-so pretty girl like Chika,I don't even know if I would be good in a actual relationship with a cute girl like Ake-

"Satoshi!"

My thinking was interrupted as I turned around to see who called my name. Before I knew it, I was being hugged by someone I wasn't even able to see the face of. My face blushed red, as I heard that oh familiar voice in my ear.

"It's so good to see you Satoshi! I missed you," she said.

I was almost silent from the shock of her hugging me, that I barely responded, "I-It's g-good to see y-you too, Ak-Akemi. I-I missed you t-too."

She eventually let go, and looked at me with a big grin on her face. Her arm, with the crutch, was behind her back for some odd reason, so I turned down two shades of red on my face, and asked her, "So...What's behind your back?"

"My crutch obviously," She said laughingly.

"Uhuh, but what else is back there?" I asked.

She gasped, and said, "Such a pervert, Satoshi."

I panicked and said, "N-No! That's not what I-," but then stopped when I saw her laughing.

"Ha ha ha, I was just kidding Satoshi, here you go!"

What I saw in her hands was a present. The present was white with a red bow, and had a British flag sticker stuck on the side, with a tag hanging on the side that read, To: Satoshi Funjino From: Akemi Kai.

I was surprised, and didn't know what to say, but I asked, "Is this f-for me?"

"Of course it is silly," she said while chuckling, "I got a present for all my friends."

Ah, so she got a present for all her friends, and not just me. That was very nice of her to do that for someone she hasn't really gotten to know yet.

"Thank you very much, Akemi," I said, "I appreciate it very much."

She smiled, and said, "You are very welcome Satoshi!"

I went and put the present in my classroom locker and came back out to a smiling Akemi.

"Well, shall we be off to the 'cool place' then?" I asked.

She smiled and said, "Sure, but first, we got to go get my friend first from the music room."

I agreed and we were off. I talked to Akemi about how I joined the track team, and how I met her friend Natsumi. She was happy I met Natsumi and told me about how they sit next to each other in class and talk to each other all the time in class, but how that sometime's will get them in trouble with their teacher. Akemi is very easy and fun to talk to, which is why I've... missed her... huh.

We eventually made it to the art and music building, and walked to the music hall. The room we went into was big, with different levels where students would sit and play their instruments during class. There was a teacher looking through her papers at her desk, and on the other side of the room was a student with black long hair that look like she was putting up her instrument in its case.

"Hey Kazumi," Akemi shouted.

The girl turned around in shock, almost frightened even. When she realized who called her name, she had a slight smile and began to walk towards us, but when she gazed over to me, she stopped. I was confused, but Akemi was quick to tell her, "It's okay Kazumi, he's a friend of mine."

Kazumi seemed skeptical, but slowly began to walk towards us. She waved goodbye to her music teacher, and climbed the stairs to the door. Akemi gave Kazumi a big hug, and Kazumi did the same. It seems like Kazumi is really close to Akemi.

"How are you Kazumi?" Akemi asked.

Kazumi very quietly said, "I-I'm okay. D-Did you have a nice vacation?"

"Mhm, it was very fun, but I'm glad I'm back here with you all," Akemi said with a smile.

Kazumi said, "I'm glad you're back too, Ake-"

Kazumi glanced at me again, and her smile seemed to grow sad, and she had a look of concern on her face. Akemi was quick to introduce us.

"Kazumi, I would like for you to meet my new friend, Satoshi Fujino. Satoshi, this is my friend, Kazumi Mano."

I bowed and said, "It is very nice to meet you. I hope I won't be a bother in joining you for lunch."

She seemed anxious, but quietly replied, "I-It's nice to meet y-you too, Fu-Fujino."

I smiled and Akemi said, "Oh yeah Kazumi. I got you something from London!"

Kazumi looked at the present in Akemi's hands, and she grew a big smile on her face. The present wasn't as big as mine, but was long and rectangle. My guess would be that it was some sort of bracelet, or necklace. Kazumi hugged Akemi and thanked her for the present.

Akemi then said, "So , now that we all know each other, and you two have your gifts, shall we be off to the 'cool place' then?"

I realized that we hadn't got our lunch yet , and said, "Wait Akemi, don't we need to grab our lunch first?" She smiled and said,

"It's ok, Natsumi makes our lunches, and don't worry, I told her to make you one as well, hehe."

"Oh ok, that sounds good to me then," I said. Hmm, a meal cooked from Natsumi. Sounds like it will be healthy, coming from a track runner and all. I guess we'll see when I get the meal.

I let Akemi lead the way to the "cool place," and right there wrapped around her left arm was Kazumi.

I noticed that Kazumi seems to have dark rings under her eyes, and somewhat messy hair. It doesn't seem like she has slept a lot lately. She must be having nightmares or something, but, I ignored it and continued to follow Akemi and Kazumi.

We were back at the main building, and walked to an elevator to level 3. I haven't been to any of the other floors, so this was pretty exciting to me to see what the rest of the building was like, although, I was curious as to why we were here. We walked to the emergency staircase, and Akemi appointed that we have to go up those stairs. I was kind of confused, but I began going up the stairs. I was going to ask if Akemi needed help going up, but Kazumi beat me to it, and help Akemi climb the stairs if she needed assistance. At the top of the stairs was a door that was being held open with a cinder block. I opened the door to see where we were. It was the rooftop of the main building.

I was confused and turned to Akemi and asked, "So, this is the cool place?"

She said, "Of course it is, just look at the view!"

I didn't even think about that. I walked toward the fence, and the view was astounding. I could see almost every part of Yamaku Academy, even the track. I could also see the town at the bottom of the hill. It was just as small from up here.

I heard a familiar voice shout, "Hey guys! Over here!"

It was Natsumi, and she was sitting next to the fence on the other side of the roof where the surface was flat, and not rocky.

I waved and said, "Hey Natsumi. I kept my promise."

She laughed and said, "That you did Satoshi. Hey Kazumi, it's been awhile!"

"H-hey Natsumi, nice to see you again," Kazumi said.

Natsumi got up and hugged Kazumi, and we all sat down on the ground. I was starving, so anything was good at this point. Natsumi grabbed 4 Bento's out of her lunch bag, and handed three of them to us. I opened mine to see what it was. To my surprise, it contained some rice, cooked salmon, and cooked eggs. It looked like heaven in a box. I took a bite, and let me just tell you, I have never eaten something so delicious in my life.

"This is delicious Natsumi," I said, with a mouth half-full with food.

She giggled and said, "Thank you. My mom taught me how to cook when I was young, so I'm a natural at making food good, ha."

I swallowed my bite, and said, "I'll say... So, how did you guys find out about this place?"

Akemi was quick to answer with, " Well, we overheard from some other students, that were talking in our class, that a group of students some years ago used to come up here and eat lunch."

Natsumi continued with, "Yeah, but the girls in our class thought it was stupid, but I and Akemi thought it would be a pretty cool place to check out, and so we did! I don't think it was a bad choice, right Akemi?"

The both laughed and Akemi said, "Right. It's also nice that we have Kazumi to hang out with every now and again as well."

Kazumi slightly smiled and said, "It sure is."

"And now we got a guy up here, which means even more fun," Natsumi said with an evil smile.

I was blindsided with shock and said, "What!?!"

Natsumi and Akemi started to laugh hysterically and I even saw Kazumi giggle a little.

I was annoyed at first, but I eventually laughed along with them. We talked a little about school, and just enjoyed being outside until we heard the bell ring again. We all got up and I brushed some dirt that was on my pants.

I said, "Well, that was very delicious Natsumi. I thank you and Akemi for inviting me to eat lunch with you."

Natsumi gave me a thumbs up and said, "You're very welcome Satoshi!"

Akemi added, "Absolutely. Can we expect you to start eating with us from now on?

"Well, if you all don't mind?," I replied.

Natsumi and Akemi shook their head no, but Kazumi kind of just stood there, minding her own business. I said, "Then, the answer is yes! This easily beats being in the cafeteria by myself, ha."

We laughed and began walking toward the door, but I noticed that Kazumi didn't move and was looking out towards the fence.

I said, "Hey Kazumi, are you coming?"

She turned around and quickly, and said, "Oh! U-Um, yes..."

She must've been in some deep thought to not notice us leaving the roof. She clenched on Akemi's shoulder again and we began walking back to our classes. On our way back, I noticed that Kazumi whispered something in Akemi's ear, and Akemi simply nodded to her. Kazumi must have told Akemi what she was talking about from her deep thinking. I'm sure it's none of my business. We made it to our classrooms, and we all said bye to one another before leaving for our classes. Kazumi was first to leave us, but before she left I said, "It was very nice to meet you again Kazumi. I hope we can get to become good friends."

She gave me a slight look and replied, "It was n-nice to meet you t-too, Satoshi."

She hugged Akemi, and Natsumi, then entered classroom 1-6. We made it to my classroom, and before I entered, I said thank you again to Akemi, and Natsumi for inviting me to lunch, and that I would see them after school, to which they agreed. I waved them off, and walked into my room.

I went into the room, and went through the rest of the day as usual. Roy joked about seeing me with 3 girls, and said how I was becoming a player, to which I just smiled and told him to shut up. The final bell rang, and me and Ryo were talking down the hallways when we were stopped by Akemi and Natsumi.

"Hey Natsumi!" Ryo said.

Natsumi smiled and said," What's up Ryo."

Ryo said, "Not much, just saw how Satoshi was being a player walking around with you and your two friends."

I smiled and said, "Atleast I had some girls to walk around with."

Akemi and Natsumi both laugh hysterically while Ryo was all flustered up.

He eventually smiled and said, "I'll give you that one Satoshi, that was good."

I laughed and we all began to walk back to our dorms. Since this week is midterms, Yamaku decided to cancel all team and club activities so that students will have more time to study, when in reality, most students, like me, have been studying since last week. Regardless, we all began walking back to the dorms.

I helped Akemi down that steep set of stairs, and we left the building. I was a little curious about why Kazumi seemed so shy when I met, so while Ryo and Natsumi were talking to one another, I decided to ask Akemi about it.

I said, "Hey Akemi. I'm kind of curious about Kazumi. She seemed a little shy, like she didn't want to talk to me or something."

She looked at me for a minute, and then said, "Well, I don't know exactly. But I have noticed whenever she is around just me or Natsumi, she's seems to be a lot more talkative, but whenever she is around someone she doesn't know, preferably male, she seems very nervous. That's about as much as I know."

It seemed like there was more to the story, but it didn't seem like Akemi wanted to tell me, so I just dropped it,and we kept walking. No that I think about it, Kazumi wasn't anywhere to be seen after school was over. I guess she went straight to her dorm.

We all made it to the dorms, and were about to say our goodbye's, when Ryo suggested something.

"Hey, since it's mid-terms week, how about we all have a study group? We can find someplace to hang out and study after school," he said.

We all looked at each other, and it didn't seem like a bad idea, so we all agreed. He seemed excited, though I think he just hasn't studied, and wants our help. Heh, but that was fine with me.

Natsumi and Ryo waved bye and left for their dorm rooms, and it was just me and Akemi left. It was a bit of awkward silence between us.

To break the awkward silence, I said, "So, thanks again for the present Akemi, I really appreciate . I just wish I had something to give you."

Akemi smiled and said, "You're very welcome Satoshi, I just hope you like it! Oh, and you don't have to get me anything Satoshi, just having you as a friend is enough, hehe."

I blushed after she said that, and I think she noticed, which made her kind of blush as well.

"U-Uh, well, I guess I'll see you tomorrow, huh?" I said awkwardly.

She replied just as awkwardly, "S-Sure Satoshi, see you later.

We waved goodbye to each other, and "walked" to our dorms, but it was more like a run. That was weird. Me and Akemi kind of had a bizarre moment there. We went from Happy dory, to just plain awkward. Now that I think of it, it was pretty funny and I even laughed a little to myself.

I made it to my room, with my present in hand. I just wonder what it could be. It was fairly big, and it seems a bit heavy, so the possibilities are endless. I slowly began to unravel the bow tie, and pulled the top off of the present. The present was covered in red and blue paper, which I ripped off. I lifted the present out of the box. It was a snow globe. A snow globe with a replica of Big Ben inside. Most people would find something like this stupid, but I actually like things like snow globes. It's simple, yet fun to watch as the snow falls onto the piece in the globe, so I thought that was really nice. I put it on my desk next to my alarm clock, and began to study. Every now and again I would look up at it, and smile. Akemi is a really good person to do something like that for me. I'm glad I have her as a friend. I eventually got done with studying, as it felt like the day just flew by. I was exhausted, so I went straight to bed as soon as my studying was done. I took one last look at my new desk ornament, and smiled and began to close my eyes, when I realized something...I forgot to visit Nurse today... Shit...

Original Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 7 9/10/14)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

If she did mean "that" though, would I really reject her? I mean, I don't even really know her all that well. Plus, the only relationship I have been in was in 7th grade, and that lasted two weeks. I can't even remember that girl's name anymore, it feels like an eternity has passed since 7th grade
I don't think their interactions o far warrant that - and he forgot the name of the first girl he was in a relationship with? In 7th grade? He should have his brain checked; it might have taken damage from the electricity as well...
she looked with an evil grin, and said, "You can't open it until the end of the day."
I instantly felt eager to open the present and said, "Oh come on, it's right here!"
In Japan it is normal not to open presents in the presence of the giver, so it shouldn't be necessary to specify that.
"Mhm, it was very fun, but I'm glad I'm back here with you all," Akemi said with a smile.
Kazumi doesn't get a present?
She seemed anxious, but quietly replied, "I-It's nice to meet y-you too, Sa-Satoshi."
Kazumi is a bit of a Hanako 2.0 so far. Shouldn't she call him Fujino? And for that matter Satoshi is also quite quick to call her first name.
grabbed 4 Bento's out of her lunch bag, and handed three of them to us.
As a rule of thumb I always write out all numbers below twelve. That's not mandatory, but you should be consistent.

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

Oh you Mirage_GSM, always there to help me and my work haha. I appreciate your criticism every time you post here. You have definitely helped me further my skills in writing since my first few chapters
I don't think their interactions o far warrant that - and he forgot the name of the first girl he was in a relationship with? In 7th grade? He should have his brain checked; it might have taken damage from the electricity as well...
Satoshi is always thinking far more into something than he should, hence why he questioned if he would even belong here, or always freaks when someone implies Satoshi is doing something sexual, etc. as far as the name goes, I think that was bit of laziness on my part, but I can think of something, ha.
In Japan it is normal not to open presents in the presence of the giver, so it shouldn't be necessary to specify that.
Really? I didn't know that... Well, there goes a section of my story haha.
Kazumi doesn't get a present?
You know what, I completely forgot to specify that Kazumi got a present, ha I don't even see how I missed that.
Kazumi is a bit of a Hanako 2.0 so far. Shouldn't she call him Fujino? And for that matter Satoshi is also quite quick to call her first name.
I knew someone would think Kazumi is just another Hanako, and I'm trying my best not to make her seem that way. It's not so much she is nervous around everyone, but just guys, and there is a reason for that. Also, she isn't, well you know, burned. I understand where you're coming from though, and I'll try to edit her in a way that it doesn't seem like they're one in the same.
grabbed 4 Bento's out of her lunch bag, and handed three of them to us.
As a rule of thumb I always write out all numbers below twelve. That's not mandatory, but you should be consistent.
I have been trying to word my numbers in my chapters more, but I have been so used to things like texting and what not, that it's almost just normal for me to put the number, rather than wording the number, but I have tried fixing that.

Thank you for pointing these out mirage_GSM. I'm sure I'll use my best ability to fix these errors!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I knew someone would think Kazumi is just another Hanako, and I'm trying my best not to make her seem that way. It's not so much she is nervous around everyone, but just guys, and there is a reason for that. Also, she isn't, well you know, burned. I understand where you're coming from though, and I'll try to edit her in a way that it doesn't seem like they're one in the same.
It's not quite that bad... Well, we don't know much about her yet, so it's hard to tell.
Anyway the point was that she is quite a shy character, and while in western nations it is quite common for students to address each other on a first name basis, this level of intimacy is usually reserved for friends in Japan.
This is not a big point in the VN, since many characters are quite extroverted (Emi, Misha), don't adher to social norms at all (Rin), or don't interact with anyone BUT friends (Hanako) but I think Shizune refers to Hanako as Ikezawa. So a character who is shy around strangers would probably not adress them with their first name - especially not without it being offered.
This is not a problem for Akemi since she falls in the "Extroverted" category. :-)

Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sarizon

Post by Sarizon »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
It's not quite that bad... Well, we don't know much about her yet, so it's hard to tell.
Anyway the point was that she is quite a shy character, and while in western nations it is quite common for students to address each other on a first name basis, this level of intimacy is usually reserved for friends in Japan.
This is not a big point in the VN, since many characters are quite extroverted (Emi, Misha), don't adher to social norms at all (Rin), or don't interact with anyone BUT friends (Hanako) but I think Shizune refers to Hanako as Ikezawa. So a character who is shy around strangers would probably not adress them with their first name - especially not without it being offered.
This is not a problem for Akemi since she falls in the "Extroverted" category. :-)
That's true. Thanks for the info. You might as well be a co-writer they way your assisting me haha :mrgreen:
Sarizon

WOW! 700 views!!! update on Ch. 8

Post by Sarizon »

Wow guys/gals, my fanfic has gotten over 700 views. I honestly didn't think my fanfic would get this much, but thank you all so much for reading my fanfic, and continue to read it. Here's to 700 more!!!

Now for something I want to do with chapter 8. I've notice that people like the idea of me creating visuals for my chapters, well, I'm going to try to step it up a notch. With chapter 8, I'm going experiment with adding ambiance sounds/music to my chapters.

What does this mean? Simply put, I'll have links in between sections in the chapter that you can click on that will give you background noises/music to listen to help you feel like you're more into the story (I.E. To make the scenes seem more alive :mrgreen:)

With that said, Thank you guys again for the 700+ views on my story, and expect chapter 8 to come out soon, the drawing for it is almost done, and I will soon be writing the chapter, so stick around!

I also want to give a big thank you to guys like Mirage_GSM for helping me make my story a lot better with the criticism and advice they have given me. You guys ROCK!!! :mrgreen:
Sarizon

Act 1 - Chapter 8

Post by Sarizon »

Before you read: Ambiance has been added! Just click the links in between the paragraphs, and then listen along as you read. Some Ambiance links you will click will have multiple scenes within them, in which I will write out in bold for you to mute the specific channels and then unmute the other channels to continue your ambiance experience. Have Fun! And Let me know what you think of it! :mrgreen:

Chapter 8 - It Looks Like it Will Rain Today...

I woke up the next morning, not forgetting that I needed to visit the nurse today. I made it a priority to wake up early so that I could see the nurse before I went to my first class today. It's safe to say that I don't like waking up earlier than I usually do, so I felt pretty grumpy getting out of bed today. I got over the grumpiness and got ready to make my way towards the Nurse's office.

I almost stopped in my tracks today, as I noticed that the sky wasn't its usual bright and blue self, for it was gray and cloudy. Will it actually rain today? I shrugged it off and continued on my way.

I made it to the Nurse's office and knocked on the door. I heard him call me in, and I crept the door open while peeking my head around.

Ambiance: Nurse Office

"Um, hey Nurse," I said with hesitation.

He turned to find out it was me, and smiled.

"Ah, Satoshi, a little late are we?" He said laughing afterwards.

"I'm sorry Nurse, I honestly forgot to swing by yesterday."

"It's alright Satoshi. We all forget sometimes, ha. Now then, let's go ahead and start, shall we?"

I nodded and sat on the bed. He asked me, "So, how are things going with you this past week?"

A lot has happened to me this past week, so I just started right from the get go. I told him how I went to the track and found out that one of the runners, Ryo Kuno, was in my class. I then began to tell him how I became friends with Ryo, along with Natsumi, Akemi, and that I met one of Akemi and Natsumi's friends, Kazumi.

He smiled and said, "Wow! Only your third week here, and you already sound like a popular student, ha! I'm very happy to hear that you are making friends here after only a short time. Ryo and Natsumi and very good runners on the track team, so I'm sure that you will be able to become a much better running with them. By the way, what did you think about Ryo 'arm'?"

He chuckled after asking that last question, I smiled and told him about how I freaked out when I saw him pulling his skin right off.

The Nurse laughed and said, "That's Ryo for you. He can be a troublemaker sometimes, but he's a good kid. Just don't let any of that rub off onto you Satoshi. Akemi is a very confident, yet stubborn girl. She doesn't let her disability bring her down in any way. Always trying to do things the hard way, and never giving up. She is definitely something, ha. Kazumi is different from Akemi and Natsumi, but she sounds like she is polite and calm around you, which is a good thing, considering she doesn't seem to be like that towards other males, including me."

I find it strange that he way Nurse described Kazumi is almost the same way Akemi described her. I kind of wonder how Kazumi became friends with such vibrant people like Akemi and Natsumi considering how quiet and nervous she can be.

The Nurse then asked me about my schoolwork, what with mid-terms coming up. I told him that I've been able to focus on my schoolwork a lot better than I used to, though I will still occasionally drift off, but that I'm tying my best to stay focused to get ready for my midterms this Friday.

"It's good to hear that you are focusing more on class Satoshi. Try to differ from drifting off as much as you can for this week. Midterms are just as big as the finals later in July."

I nodded, and he continued with his check-up. He asked me a few more questions, starting with, "Do you have any other interest in other activities beside track?"

"Well, I kind of always wanted to learn how to play an instrument, and I found out that Kazumi plays music yesterday, so I already know someone who's in the class."

"I see. From our conversation last time, it definitely seems like you're the music type, ha. If you're interested, Yamaku Academy has just recently begun to allow students, if they wish, to add a non basic class to their schedule. Basically, you would spend half of an average class in your basic, then the other half in your non basic. Non basic classes include: Art, Literal, Music, etc. All you have to do is make the schedule change after you return from Summer break later this year."

That is very good to know. Yamaku certainly has its positives compared to other Japanese schools. Most schools would say that I would be only given one activity, and nothing more, so this is a positive for sure.

"Thank you for letting me know, Nurse. I will definitely consider that," I said.

"Absolutely! Well, it looks like everything checks out on you for this week Satoshi. Is there anything else you would like to ask or tell me about?"

I kind of wanted to get some advice on something that still bugged me a little.

"Well, it's not so much a health question, but rather a personal one, if that's ok?"

"Lay it on me," the Nurse said.

"Well, you see, Akemi has been gone for the past two weeks on vacation, and when she returned, she presented me with a gift. I had no problem accepting it, but we only talked a little before she left. She even sent me a postcard from London while she was there, saying that she wished I was there... I know you're probably not the right person to talk about this to, but It's just been bugging me is all."

He smiled with a big grin and said, "Ha, so there is a girl huh? Ha, I'm just kidding, but it sounds like, regardless of only knowing very little about you, that she likes you enough to get you a gift. It seems that she likes something about you, and wants to become good friends with you."

It does make sense, I suppose, though, his explanation doesn't really seem to answer my question fully. Regardless, I thank him for the advice, to which he replied, "Anytime! Well, school is starting soon, so you should be heading on your way now."

"I will. Thank you again, and I promise I won't forget next Monday!"

"Ha, you're welcome. I'll see you next Monday!"

I waved goodbye, and began to head towards my class. I thought about Akemi on my way though. I must admit, there is something about her. With those blue eyes, her light brown hair, and that smile, how could anyone not like her?

Ambiance: Yamaku Classroom

I made it to class just before our session began, and Ryo was, yet again, asleep. I swear if I wasn't here, he would stay asleep all day.

"Wake up numbskull," I said while shaking him.

"Ahh, I-I'm awake... Oh, hey Satoshi," He said half dead.

"Do you ever sleep at night, or just through half the day?"

"Ha, of course I sleep at night, but why not get as much rest as possible? It's been proven that sleep is a key to being happy and being healthy, and I want both of those! So I'm going to get as much sleep as I can."

"...That's not the reason why you sleep is it?

"Nope, ha, I just like sleeping!"

I should've known something like that would come from Ryo, but I simply laughed along with him, and then our class session started. It was a review of what the class has learned so far this year, so since I joined this year later, this was a good time to catch up on what I missed. I tried my best to stay on task and memorize everything Ms. Hoshino has taught us. It was so boring, but I knew I had to concentrate.

After what felt like an eternity, class finally was dismissed for lunch. After a long stretch, I began to walk into the hall, looking for any sign of Akemi, Natsumi, or Kazumi. The hall was crowded, so it was difficult to find anyone I knew. That is until my eyes were covered.

I hear, "Guess who?"

"Let's see... Could it be the one who thinks I'm a perv, Akemi Kai?"

"Ha ha, we have a winner!"

I turn, and there was Akemi, bright and bubbly as usual, and with Natsumi right behind her.

"How are you two ladies doing today?"

Both smiled and said, "Just fine."

I guess if you hang around someone long enough, you start saying the same things as them as well. I was pretty hungry, and was looking forward to seeing what Natsumi had for us today.

"I don't know about you ladies, but I'm starving for more of Natsumi's food."

Natsumi laughed and said, "Ah, looks I have a valued customer. Don't worry, today's 'special' is just as good as yesterday's!"

"Well, then let's go get Kazumi shall we?"

Akemi quickly replied, "Oh, sorry Satoshi, I should've told you that Kazumi doesn't eat with us on Tuesday's and Thursday's. On those days, she eats with her other friend."

Curious I asked, "Oh... Really? Why doesn't she bring her friend along to eat with you two?"

Natsumi said, "To be honest, we have never even met with her friend, and we didn't want to put her on the spot and ask who she hung out with. Not really our business, you know?"

"That makes sense I guess. Maybe we can see if we can go see her friend on Thursday, I'm sure she wouldn't mind us, at the very least, asking."

Akemi said, "I guess it wouldn't hurt. Sure, I'm up for it! I'm always happy to meet new people!"

Natsumi didn't seem so positive about it, but said,"Well, alright. I just hope that we don't make her feel uncomfortable is all."

"I'm sure we won't, now let's eat!"

"So impatient Satoshi, hehe," Akemi said.

Ambiance: Yamaku Rooftop

We made our way to the roof, and sat in our spot. Natsumi's meal was just as delicious as yesterday. Her cooking skills are astonishing, I could swear I was eating a five star meal. After taking a few bites, I decided to ask Natsumi and Akemi about Kazumi.

"So, since we were on the subject of Kazumi, I'm curious about how you two met Kazumi."

Natsumi said, "Well, Akemi introduced me to Kazumi, so she knows more than I'll ever know, ha."

Akemi smiled then said, "I'll be happy to tell you. Lets see.... I believe it was around early March..."

Pause Ambiance: Yamaku Academy, and Click below
Ambiance: Flashback of Meeting Kazumi

"...It was after school, and it was raining for the most of the day. I really like the rain, so I decided to take the long route back to the dorm rooms. As I was enjoying the rainy day, I notice something in the distance. It was someone sitting on the bench. I thought it was someone just enjoying the rain like me, but as I walked closer, I notice that this person didn't have an umbrella, and was just sitting on the bench, getting soaked in the rain. I walked closer and notice that it was a student and she looked like she was very sad. At first, I just walked by, because she didn't seem like she wanted to be bothered, but something pulled me back from walking. It was like something was telling me not to keep going, and to help this person. I thought really hard about it, but my heart was telling me to help her, so I turned around and walked up to the bench, and put my umbrella over her head. She noticed that there was no more raindrops falling on her head, looked up at the umbrella, then looked at me. She seemed very lonely, so I introduced myself."

"Hello. I hope I didn't bother you, but you seemed like you needed an umbrella and thought that I would share mine with you."

"She looked at me with for awhile, but thanked me for sharing my umbrella. I introduced me, and she did the same. When I asked her where her friends were, she told me how she didn't have any friends, and that she was alone. I felt so bad for her, because she is very pretty, and yet, she felt so alone. I'm just glad that I stopped that day, because since that day, Kazumi and I have have become really good friends. Natsumi and Kazumi just became good friends not too long ago, and so now we are all friends!"

Unpause Ambiance:Yamaku Rooftop

It seems like Kazumi really is someone that Akemi and Natsumi care for, and would do anything for. After taking that all in I said, "She seems like she really appreciated you stopping that day. Now she's really good friends with you two."

Akemi said, "And you too, Satoshi!"

"Well, I've only met her once, and she seems kind of unsure about me right now, but maybe after a few weeks, we can become good friends."

We continued to talk about Kazumi, and in the process I found out that she plays the violin in Music class. I have always enjoyed listening to instruments, such as the violin. When the strings are played with the bow in just the right way, it creates a very soothing and wondrous sound. I wonder what instrument I would play if I decided to take a music class?

We chatted a little bit more about how our day was. Natsumi and Akemi were talking about how next week, there will be a local festival happening, and that they had all these ideas of what booth they wanted to do.

"Wait. There's a festival happening next week?" I asked.

Akemi replied, "Yes there is. Has your class not mentioned it?"

"I don't think so... Wait... Now that I think of it, I do remember hearing about the class getting together at some point for a project, but I didn't think it was to make a booth for a festival."

Natsumi laughed and said, "Well, if you're lucky, you won't have to come up with what booth to make, and who runs it, because me and Akemi are doing both since we, well I, was picked to be the class representative. Akemi helps just as much though, ha."

"That's right," Akemi said, "We both want our booth to stand out from the rest, so we are making sure that, come next week, we will have a plan set in stone, and will be ahead of the rest of the competition. Right Natsumi?"

Natsumi gives a thumbs up and said, "You know it!"

"Isn't a festival suppose to be about having fun though?"

"Of course," Natsumi said, "But that doesn't mean that we can't be the best at having fun, ha!"

Is it even possible to be the best at having fun? I shrugged it off and enjoyed the rest of my lunch with Natsumi and Akemi.

The bell rang, and we began to make our way back to our classrooms, when Natsumi reminded me and Akemi of something.

"Hey, are we still doing the study group with Ryo after school?"

Me and Akemi looked dumbstruck. I completely forgot that we were supposed to go to do that.

I said, "Oh... oh yeah, I forgot about that, hehe."

Akemi nodded and said, "I also did. I think we were so busy talking to each other yesterday that it just slipped our minds, ha ha."

Natsumi chuckled and said, "It's okay, I forgot about it as well, but we're still doing it right?"

"As far as I know, yes. I'll ask Ryo when I get back into class, then I'll let you two know after class is over."

"Sounds good to me," Natsumi said.

We waved bye to each other and head back to our rooms. I sat in my desk next to Ryo and Started to talk with him.

This ambiance has multiple scenes, so look out for words in bold!
Ambiance: From Ease, To Panic

"Hey Ryo, we are still doing the study group after school right?"

Ryo looked at me with confusion, almost as if he didn't even know who I was.

"...Oh, did I say that was today?" Ryo said very confusingly.

I looked at him with disbelief on my face. He couldn't have seriously forgotten that the study group, that he planned, was today.

As annoyed as I was at the thought, I said,"Yes, Ryo, the study, that you wanted us to do, is today."

Ryo laughed and said, "Wow, it must've slipped my mind. Yeah, I'm still down for it. Where are we having it?"

"Well it's your study group. Shouldn't you decide?"

"Ah, making decisions is too much work. You decide Satoshi."

How does anyone pass school with an attitude like that, I'll never know.

"I just joined this school like 3 weeks ago Ryo! I Don't know where a good place to study would be..."

"Well, looks like we're up shit creek without a paddle then, huh Satoshi?"

I sighed out of frustration, and said, "Okay, how about we let Natsumi and Akemi decide then?"

"That's fine with me. Let the women do all the work. I like your style Satoshi, ha!"

I just simply shook my head and focused on our new lesson in class.

The bell rang, I got all of my books, and started heading out the door with Ryo to meet the girls. As I expect, Natsumi and Akemi were waiting for us outside the door.

After a few friendly hello's, Natsumi asked, "So what are we doing?"

"Well, Ryo was just too lazy to decide, so he gave me the option for you two ladies to decide for us."

"Hey! I'm not lazy, I just don't feel like making decisions that's all" Ryo said, sounding like he was offended somehow.

"That sounds like Ryo," Natsumi said, looking at him. "What do you think Akemi?"

Akemi thought about it, then said, "Oh! I know a nice place under a tree in the courtyard we can study at. I have a blanket in my room I can grab for us too!"

It sounded good to me, and Natsumi agreed, while Ryo was just gazing off in the distance, not even paying attention. I help Akemi down the stairs, and we all headed toward the girls dorm room building. Natsumi was talking to Ryo, and Me and Akemi were chatting. I always enjoy talking to Akemi, since she is always so Bubbly and happy. When we made it to the girl dorms, we stopped at the door.

"I'll stay here and chat with Ryo Akemi," Natsumi said.

"Okay! Satoshi, you want to come up with me?"

Mute Channel 1&2, Unmute Channel 3

The question took me off guard, because I've never been asked by a girl to come to her room. I didn't even know that boys were allowed in the girls dorm room.

"Uhh...Uh, sure, but are guys even allowed in the girls dorm building?"

She chuckled at the obvious nervous look on face, and said, "It's ok! As long as you're not around after dark, you're fine, but I don't think you'll be around for that long, he he."

I was still pretty nervous, but I didn't know why. It was just to go get a blanket, why do I get nervous so much?

Unmute Channel 4

I nodded and began to walk into the building with Akemi. The girls dorm room building is just like the boys, spot on, so it was easy for me to find out where the elevator was. Her room was on level 3. As I was going up the elevator, I was trying to play it cool on the outside, but on the inside, I was panicking and freaking out.

"We're here, Satoshi," Akemi said with a smile.

"Great," I said.

Great?!? I'm panicking and freaking out right now, yet I think this is great? Jeez...

Unmute Channel 5

We began walking down what seemed to be the longest hallway of my life. We finally made it to her room, room 3-8. Okay Satoshi, just try to stay calm. Don't freak out. It's only a girl's... a girl's... room...

She opened the door, and walked in and out almost in seconds.

"Okay I got it!" Akemi said.

Mute Channel 5&3, and Unmute Channel 1

Wait... That was it? I didn't even get a good look of the room... Are you telling me, I literally freaked out over nothing? Why do I panic so goddamn much?!?

After feeling like an idiot, I began to walk back down the hall with Akemi. I feel kind of let down, really. After all the preparation of seeing a girl's room, I didn't even get a glimpse of it. I feel so stupid sometimes. We eventually got back down to Ryo and Natsumi, and of course, Ryo has to make a comment.

Mute Channel 4

"Well, you two were up there for a long time, huh?"

"Very funny Ryo," Akemi said.

Ryo laughed and said, "What? I didn't accuse you of anything yet. Sounds like someone is guilty, ha!"

I turned Red, and I think Akemi even did as well, knowing we didn't do anything though, I said, "We didn't Ryo, I didn't even see inside her room, so there."

Ryo was quick to reply, "Ah, so you wanted to see inside her room... I got you Satoshi, ha!"

My face froze in panic, and I wanted to say no, but it was true. Akemi's face began to brighten up red, but then laughed out of nowhere.

"Satoshi, did you want to see my room?" She asked.

"I-I...Well... *sigh* Fine... I was feeling nervous because I thought I was going to go inside your room, and I've never been in a girl's room before... So there, get your laughs out everyone."

As expected Ryo laughed, and even Natsumi laughed as well, but surprisingly, Akemi just smiled at me, and said, "It's okay Satoshi. If you want, after our study group is over, you can see my room if you want."

"Really? Well, if it's okay with you..."

"Hehe, I don't mind," Akemi said.

Ambiance - From Studying, to Being Drenched

And to think, I worried over something so stupid. We all began to walk towards the courtyard, chatting an joking as usual. Akemi pointed out the tree, that we would have the study group at. The ground was nice and flat, and the tree had plenty of shade under it, not that it mattered with all of these gray clouds covering the sky. Akemi laid the blanket on the freshly cut grass, and we all sat down on it. Ryo and Natsumi sat on one side, while I and Akemi sat on the other. We studied hard on math, as it would be the longest and most frustrating section of the midterm. Wouldn't you know it, about ten minutes into the study group, Ryo said, "Man, this blows... Let's take a break."

I said, "Ryo, we just started. Let's at least try to study for 30 minutes before we take a break."

"That's too long Satoshi, can we jus-"

"No Ryo. You wanted to do the study group, now let's study! You're not going to pass with being lazy like that."

"Hey! I said I'm not lazy, I just want to take a break is all."

Natsumi teased Ryo by saying, "Satoshi's right Ryo. You did want to do this study group. If you don't want to do it, you can always leave like a chicken!"

I laughed because I knew that got under Ryo's skin. Ryo quickly replied, "I'm no chicken! Okay, I'll study for 30 minutes, and then we'll take a break! You guys are a pain in the ass sometimes, ha!"

"Well, we could be lazy like you," I said.

"Hey!"

We all laughed after I said that. It's fun to mess around with Ryo. Of course, he knows I'm kidding, and that I would never mean it.

We went back to studying, and I think Ryo was looking at the book harder than we were. I guess calling him a chicken is the key to making him do anything, ha. However, about twenty minutes later, I felt something wet hit the top of my head, and then again, and again. I looked up to see that the gray clouds had finally given in, and rain began to fall on us.

Unmute Channel 4, Mute Channel 2

"Oh darn! I didn't even bring an umbrella," Akemi said.

"It's ok," I said, "If we hurry, we can make it back to the dorm rooms before it starts to pour really hard on us."

We agreed, packed the blanket, and began to make our way to the dorm rooms. Not thinking twice, Natsumi and Ryo ran ahead of us, but of course, Akemi really can't run, due to her cerebral palsy.

Mute Channel 1, unmute Channel 3

"It's okay Satoshi, you go ahead and I'll catch up."

"I'm not leaving you behind to be alone in the rain Akemi. If you're getting wet, I'm getting wet too."

"But what if you catch a cold? I would fee-"

"It's fine Akemi. I've had worse happen to me, so I think I can handle a little cold, he."

"Hmm... Okay! Just don't blame me if you get sick, silly, ha!"

"Don't worry, I'll still blame you."

"Hey!"

I laughed at the way she reacted, and she began to laugh with me. I never really notice how cute Akemi's laugh is. It's like a little girls laugh, and it's really adorable.

I walked with Akemi as fast as he could walk, but no matter how quickly we moved, we were already starting to become drenched by the rain. My hair was slowly flattening and becoming a wet stringy mess, and my clothes were starting to stick to my skin. Needless to say, me and Akemi got really wet. I don't know why my mind didn't click the idea that, if my shirt is wet, then Akemi's shirt must be wet as well, because after looking at my shirt, I looked at Akemi, only to be the distracted by that fact that... Her... Her bra... was visible... I felt like such a perv, but I mean what guy doesn't focus on boobs that are obviously visible? I tried to stay focused in front of me as much as possible, even though it was hard to keep my eyes open from all the rain hitting my face.

We eventually made it to the girl's dorm building entrance, but there was no sign of Natsumi or Ryo anywhere.

I said, "Well, either they're already in their rooms, or we tortoise's just beat the hares."

What a corny joke... Akemi laughed, though, I'm sure it was just to make it seem like my joke was actually funny.

"I think the hares wandered off to the wrong direction Satoshi, he he."

She actually went along with it... She seriously went along with that corny joke... Atleast she has a sense of humor.

"Possibly, ha. Well, I'm sure you want to get out of those clothes, so I'll be on my way back to my roo-"

"Wait! Didn't you want to see my room?"

"Oh, well, yes I did. Your clothes are wet though, and well, wouldn't it be weird if I was in your room while you were... changing?"

"Well, I'm obviously not going to let you see me naked, you silly pervert, he he."

"Hey! I'm not a perv!"

"Oh yeah? Then why were you looking at my boobs a couple of minutes ago?"

My face was frozen and grew bright red. How did she notice me looking at "them?" I didn't mean to look at them, they just caught my eye, that's all.

"I... I..."

Akemi laughed and said, "You're cute when you blush Satoshi, he he. I'm just messing you, I know my boobs were obviously visible, no thanks to the rain.

I took a big sigh of relief from her being alright with it and said, "You really are care-free, aren't you Akemi?"

"He he, I tried to be. Let's go up to my room. I think Natsumi left one of her uniform shirts in my room that you can wear. I don't have any pants though, but I do have plenty of skirt you can wear."

"Thanks, but I think I'll just stick with a dry shirt."

"Aww, you're no fun Satoshi, he he."

Unmute Channel 5,6&7, mute Channel 4

When we walked into the building, if felt like I stepped foot into Antarctica how cold it was. I instantly felt goose bumps multiply on my arms, and I began to shiver. That shirt sounded real nice right about now.

We eventually made it to Akemi's room, and as she was opening the door, she said, "Just wait one second, and I'll let you in okay?"

Shivering from the cold, I said, "S-s-sure Ak-k-kemi. N-no pro-problem."

She shut the door, and I was there to sit in the cold hallway, feeling like I would become a human Popsicle.

Eventually, Akemi appeared around the corner of the door, and told me, "Hey Satoshi, I looked everywhere for the shirt, but I think she must've taken it back the other day, but if you want, she lives across the hall from me in 3-7 if you want to ask her for one."

Well that blows, but what should I do? Should I just deal with wet clothes in Akemi's room, or do I go ask Natsumi for a dry shirt? I mean, it would be nice to have a dry shirt, but then again, is it really worth it just to have only one piece of clothing that's dry, while the rest of me is wet? However, I would have a less chance of getting a cold then. What to do?

Original Pic:
Last edited by Sarizon on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Living With a Blindside... (Update: Chapter 8 9/19/14)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You know that CYOA-style stories are frowned upon here, right?
I suggest you take down that link, before it gets taken down.

As for the chapter:
He couldn't have seriously forgotten that the study group, that he planned, was today.
Pot calling the kettle black?

You also strove to touch every cliché you could think of in this one, didn't you?

Sore wa himitsu desu.