Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (Update 7/30/17)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

azumeow

Re: Dancing: A Miki pseudo-route (updated 1/3)

Post by azumeow »

Bitches love flowers, yo.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Okay, the tense problems are way better in this chapter. In fact it's only the first two sentences and this part here:
..., but I didn't mind. This was the Miki I was familiar with, the one I knew.
Other stuff:
is getting worser by the day.
"Worse" is already the comparative.

The chapter was good - except for the last part. That felt a bit rushed.
He's waiting in her room with a bouquet of flowers and suddenly they're a couple?

Oh, and the olympics? Seriously?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

I think it's a Juniors type of Paralympics where it's to see how they are now and gauge on the idea of possibility of them in the real deal in the future.

And we don't know what the lilies mean to Miki just yet, so we're probably to find out in a future chapter.

I just feel bad for Suzu because I can already tell she's getting heart-broken by all this since she feels like she wants Hisao more than Miki, but can't do that sort of thing to her best friend.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
The chapter was good - except for the last part. That felt a bit rushed.
He's waiting in her room with a bouquet of flowers and suddenly they're a couple?

Oh, and the olympics? Seriously?
I think the end didn't bother me as much because they had already confessed to each other, though it did seem a little rushed. I would have liked some more talking first.

Besides that, fun chapter. Cupid Suzu is adorable in my head.

*edit* I had forgotten about heat broken Suzu. That's what happens when you read it at 730 a.m. and post at noon during your lunch brake. And I'm surprised Hisao doesn't at least suspect something. She's given a few hints so far.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

AntonSlavik020 wrote: *edit* I had forgotten about heat broken Suzu. That's what happens when you read it at 730 a.m. and post at noon during your lunch brake. And I'm surprised Hisao doesn't at least suspect something. She's given a few hints so far.
This is Hisao, the classic "Master of Romance", we're talking about here, after all.
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

Mirage_GSM wrote:"Worse" is already the comparative.
I was thinking about keeping "worse" instead of "worser" during the writing phase, but I think "worser" just sounds nicer, even though it isn't exactly a real word. Unless you count Shakespeare's usage of it as law.
Mirage_GSM wrote:The chapter was good - except for the last part. That felt a bit rushed.
It was rushed. But if you think about it, Hisao and Miki had a bunch of romantic tension between them prior to the flowers thing.
The flowers have plot significance, though, but we'll get to that in the future.

I'll just tweak the ending a bit because the last sentence lasting whole hours just doesn't feel right.
Mirage_GSM wrote:Oh, and the olympics? Seriously?
Plot device. And one that will get an explanation in the future as well.
HoneyBakedHam wrote:
AntonSlavik020 wrote:*edit* I had forgotten about heat broken Suzu. That's what happens when you read it at 730 a.m. and post at noon during your lunch brake. And I'm surprised Hisao doesn't at least suspect something. She's given a few hints so far.
This is Hisao, the classic "Master of Romance", we're talking about here, after all.
Indeed. But I really feel like I'm really using this as a convenient scapegoat. XD
Dancing: My Miki Pseudo-route

acquireTigris, gotTiger, Tiger.
brythain

Post by brythain »

acquireTigris wrote:
I was thinking about keeping "worse" instead of "worser" during the writing phase, but I think "worser" just sounds nicer, even though it isn't exactly a real word. Unless you count Shakespeare's usage of it as law.
As in, "This was the most unkindest cut of all." (Julius Caesar, Act 3 Scene 2)

Actually 'worser' is the comparative of 'worse', using a more modern analysis. Some things are worse; some things are worser than those things, but not the worst.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

brythain wrote:
acquireTigris wrote:
As in, "This was the most unkindest cut of all." (Julius Caesar, Act 3 Scene 2)

Actually 'worser' is the comparative of 'worse', using a more modern analysis. Some things are worse; some things are worser than those things, but not the worst.
Shakespeare was pretty redundant. But if he wasn't redundant, he wasn't Shakespeare.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

brythain wrote:Actually 'worser' is the comparative of 'worse', using a more modern analysis. Some things are worse; some things are worser than those things, but not the worst.
By that logic "betterer" would be the comparative of "better"
You simply cannot compare a comparative. If you have a thing that is worse than another and a third thing that's worse than the two of them it's still "worse" and not "worser".
So unless Hisao is quoting Shakespeare here - which is unlikely considering his fondness for the English language - there's no reason to use that "word".

Shakespeare was pretty redundant. But if he wasn't redundant, he wasn't Shakespeare.
Now you're giving me a headache.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Mirage_GSM wrote:By that logic "betterer" would be the comparative of "better"
You simply cannot compare a comparative. If you have a thing that is worse than another and a third thing that's worse than the two of them it's still "worse" and not "worser".
Oh yes you can. See [this] for example.

Edit: why bother, anyway?

Ah well, I guess we can just agree to disagree, and watch Miur, Miura, Miuriest. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

brythain wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:By that logic "betterer" would be the comparative of "better"
Oh yes you can. See [this] for example.

Edit: why bother, anyway?

Ah well, I guess we can just agree to disagree, and watch Miur, Miura, Miuriest. :)
I feel like Rin right now thinking about " Miki being her Mikiest". Damn you, Armless Autistic Artist.
Remuz

Post by Remuz »

Another great chapter, loving this story. Keep up the good work :)
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

I've edited Mei Kawashima's name to Mei Kawanami. She isn't my OC and after contact with her owner, I had to fix this mistake in order to do her justice. Shout out to you, Rozy!

In other news, the next update will probably be published either late January or early February, later if things IRL don't get steady. Hopefully Act 3 will have a good start!

HoneyBakedHam

Post by HoneyBakedHam »

Hey, something I just realized: You might wanna change Special Olympics to Paralympics, seeing as she's physically handicapped and not mentally. :P

Just thought I'd mention that now before the event got mentioned more and more.
acquireTigris

Post by acquireTigris »

HoneyBakedHam wrote:Hey, something I just realized: You might wanna change Special Olympics to Paralympics, seeing as she's physically handicapped and not mentally. :P

Just thought I'd mention that now before the event got mentioned more and more.
That makes more sense. I'll be sure to change that up once I can get access to an actual computer, because I'm having some trouble with using one at the moment.