Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Conclusion Update

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Updated 6/30

Post by Hoitash »

bhtooefr wrote:And, actually, "Hakamichi's" as a possessive is fine (and there is a "Mr. Hakamichi's" in there that's correct), but using it as a plural is the problem. ;)
Force of habit with the plural thing, unfortunately. I think I'm getting the hang of it. Hopefully.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Skipped over the first two parts - something about that house must tempt people into bondage stuff^^°
One thing about the regular part of the story:
[Don’t buy him any more of that crap,] Shizune snapped.

Lynda blinked in surprise, before realizing Misha was still translating things to keep Shizune up to speed.
If she wasn't looking at Shizune she shouldn't notice her "snapping"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Mirage_GSM wrote: One thing about the regular part of the story:
[Don’t buy him any more of that crap,] Shizune snapped.

Lynda blinked in surprise, before realizing Misha was still translating things to keep Shizune up to speed.
If she wasn't looking at Shizune she shouldn't notice her "snapping"
I figure they're grouped close enough that she saw it out of the corner of her eye. I have adjusted the sentence to reflect that.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I'm not big at all on bondage, though I understand some of the practical reasons they did it( :wink: ) that way. Keeping the noise down and all that. Besides that, it was well done. As for the regular chapter, I enjoyed it. Not too much to say on it, besides Hideaki's(could never remember how to spell his name) bagel bite comments. Those were great.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:I'm not big at all on bondage, though I understand some of the practical reasons they did it( :wink: ) that way. Keeping the noise down and all that. Besides that, it was well done. As for the regular chapter, I enjoyed it. Not too much to say on it, besides Hideaki's(could never remember how to spell his name) bagel bite comments. Those were great.

Bagel bites and pizza rolls ruled the day before I figured I'd try and eat healthier (especially once I started drinking unhealthily), and being easy to make are the perfect food for busy college students and lazy high schoolers (well, except for not being filling or having any nutritional value, and enough preservatives to survive a nuclear war.)

So just eat a salad, I guess is the moral here. Or real pizza.
Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Updated 7/07

Post by Hoitash »

Because every once in a while you need to remind yourself that since people are stupid, and you are a person, you are, sometimes, yourself, stupid.

Previous Chapter

Chapter Four: A Park Too Far

Lynda plopped herself down on the park bench and leaned back, looking up at the surrounding trees as their branches swayed dully in the light summer breeze. It was near early evening, and after the tour of town, lunch, shopping, ice cream, shopping, and more touring, all Lynda wanted to was take a cool bath –preferably with Misha- and relax.

She’d settle for some rest on the park bench, though, and closed her eyes and waited for the others to catch up. The day had worn on Hisao, so Lynda had offered to take his bags and go ahead to grab a park bench for him to rest at when he arrived. As a result, Lynda had gone ahead, and while she waited, decided to rest herself for a bit. Despite her normal energy, the day had drained her unusually strongly, and even though the park was near the Hakamichi house, she definitely appreciated the chance to rest, however brief it was.

While Lynda waited, she kept her eyes closed, her bags tucked between her legs while Hisao’s waited patiently on the bench. The only thing she was missing was a cold beer, but, considering how she felt, it was probably best to avoid alcohol for a while.

Lynda had actually started to doze off when she heard and felt someone shuffle the bags on the bench and sit down. She was familiar enough with the weary plop to know who it was.

Without opening her eyes, she managed a mildly groggy, “Hey Misha.”

“You okay?” Misha asked.

Lynda nodded her resting head, “Just tired. Think it’s my meds.”

“We did walk a lot, though~,” Misha stated.

“True. How’s Hisao?”

“He’s fine. He and Shicchan’ll be here in a bit. I went ahead to make sure you were okay.”

Lynda smiled, “Thanks. Let me know when they get here so I can get up for him.”

“’Kay.”

Lynda sat on the bench, head back and eyes closed, tuning out the surrounding urban noise and park chatter, until a little while later Misha nudged her in the shoulder. Suppressing a sigh, Lynda opened her eyes and hefted herself up.

With an energetic wave Misha called, “Hi, Hicchan~!”

Lynda turned and watched as Hisao and Shizune walked over to the bench, Shizune holding a hefty-looking shopping bag and Hisao a bottle of water. Hisao gave a short wave and slowly made his way to the bench. When he got there, he gently eased down into the bench and drained the bottle of water.

“Thanks for grabbing a seat,” Hisao said.

Lynda shrugged, glanced at Misha to make sure she was translation ready, and replied, “Not exactly crowded right now, but you’re welcome. You okay?”

Hisao nodded, “Just winded.”

After translating and signing for Shizune’s benefit, Misha stood up, [“Take my seat, Lynda.”]

Lynda shook her head and turned to Shizune, [You should rest, too.]

Shizune shook her head, [I’m fine; you look terrible.]

[Thanks. I think], Lynda returned, taking up the unoccupied seat and closing her eyes as she leaned back into it, “Misha, could you be the best girlfriend ever and tell them I had a great time in town, thanks for showing us around, and sorry my signing is so remedial?”

“Sure, sure~!” Misha replied.

“Thanks. Can you also grab me a beer? I think I saw a vending machine a block back.”

“Nice try, but no.”

Lynda sighed, “Worth a shot.”

Misha dutifully conveyed Lynda’s message. Shizune grinned and waved off the compliment, stating it was part of being a host.

Hisao gave a weary grin and said, “No problem. Actually, on the subject of your sign language….”

Lynda turned her head toward Hisao, though she kept her eyes closed, “Does this have to do with… the thing you wanted to talk to me about?”

“It does,” Hisao replied. Glancing at a now grinning Misha, he continued, “Misha and I were thinking it would be a good idea if we gave you some tutoring while you were here. It won’t be much, but it’ll help.”

Once Misha had translated the statement, Lynda opened her eyes, blinked at Hisao, turned to Misha, blinked, looked up at the sky, and sighed.

“Well, I feel like an idiot,” Lynda muttered in English.

Hisao raised an eyebrow, “You don’t think it’s a good idea?”

“I think it’s a great idea,” Lynda said in Japanese. Glancing again at Misha, she continued in English, “I was actually thinking of asking you for some help this morning. I feel like an idiot because I was worried about bothering you with tutoring during vacation, and I forgot that my girlfriend and one of her best friends are aspiring teachers.”

Hisao looked to Misha for a translation, who for simplicity’s sake just signed out what Lynda had said.

“Ah,” Hisao said, “Well, you’ve had a lot on your mind, what with the flight, being in a foreign country, having to meet a bear-man of questionable mental stability who may or may not have some sort of Freudian complex, so it’s understandable if you’re not thinking clearly.”

“Thanks,” Lynda grunted. Sighing, she sat up slightly straighter and added, “Sorry, I’m feeling really off right now.”

“It’s fine,” Hisao said, “We’re not gonna start until tomorrow, anyway. As it is we should probably head back.”

Lynda nodded and hefted herself off the bench with a grunt, “I wonder what’s for dinner.”

“Whatever Mr. Hakamichi makes,” Misha and Hisao said at the same time.

[Ready to head back?] Shizune asked, then raised an eyebrow as her cell phone started vibrating. Grabbing it off her leg holster, she spent a few seconds glaring at the screen before typing back a response. When she had re-holstered her phone she explained, [Father’s working late, so Hideaki is making dinner. He decided to make takoyaki using some leftover something, since we don’t have any octopus right now.]

Lynda looked to Misha for a translation. When she had finished, Lynda raised an eyebrow and turned to Shizune, [“Pardon my ignorance, but is it even takoyaki at that point?”]

Hisao signed in the blanks for Shizune, who shrugged and replied, [I gave up questioning my brother’s cooking habits. He usually makes good food, just don’t ask what’s in it.]

“Like Cajun cooking, then,” Lynda remarked.

Shizune shrugged, [I’ll go ahead just in case. See you there.]

With a brief wave, Shizune grabbed her and Hisao’s bags and headed back home. Misha looked at Lynda and Hisao, making sure they were okay.

Hisao smirked, “Go on ahead; we’ll catch up.”

“You sure you’re okay?” Misha asked them.

Hisao and Lynda nodded. Misha glanced at both of them one last time, grabbed the remaining bags, and followed after Shizune.

Lynda watched the two women leave and sighed, “I guess some things never change.”

“Huh?” Hisao asked.

Lynda grimaced and glanced at Hisao, “Er, nothing.”

Hisao raised an eyebrow, “That is not a nothing look.”

Lynda sighed, making sure she chose her words carefully to make up for the partial language barrier, “It’s just… I know it sounds stupid, but seeing her follow after Shizune just strikes me as… off.”

“Ah,” Hisao said. He started walking off back to the house, Lynda taking up a slow stride beside him. When she had caught up with his brief head start, he asked, “I take it she’s told you a lot about her past, then?”

Lynda nodded, “I know it’s nothing and not… logical, but, it rubs me the wrong way.”

“It’s because you care,” Hisao stated, “Don’t worry, some things may not change, but Misha and Shizune have for the better. Thanks in part to us.”

Lynda nodded again, “Good point. And you are right; she has told me a lot about her past.”

“I figured; you’ve been together for a while, after all.”

Lynda started to nod, but paused partway through. As the two headed back to the Hakamichi house at a steady, sedate pace, Lynda realized something that she had always known, but never really paid attention to:

Misha had told Lynda pretty much everything about her past. Lynda could not say the same about her own.

+++
Next Chapter

Because Mork forbid the academic not over-analyze something.

It helps us feel better about our paltry paychecks.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheGoatman

Post by TheGoatman »

I can't help but feel that I should have read USM before reading this. I regret nothing, but that nagging feeling is still there.

Jeeze Hoitash, between the road trip to Tokyo and these frequent specials at almost every occasion, I'm wondering if the russians have you locked in a basement writing fanfics for them at gunpoint. I should try that sometime, maybe that way I can get some of these authors over on FFN to update more than once every 5 months.
I'm just a rusty old goat and a poor writer by anyone's standards, so no need to take my advice to heart, and when you do, take a handful of salt with it.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

TheGoatman wrote:I can't help but feel that I should have read USM before reading this. I regret nothing, but that nagging feeling is still there.
Well, you could always go back and read it later. This story does stand on its own somewhat, at least.
Jeeze Hoitash, between the road trip to Tokyo and these frequent specials at almost every occasion, I'm wondering if the russians have you locked in a basement writing fanfics for them at gunpoint.
Crap SIE, they're on to us! Commence Operation: Cougar Pounce!

It does seem like a lot of writing, even if it's spread over the course of... wow, two years last April. And you guys don't even know about the novels I'm working on.

I'm the type of person who, if they get a story idea in their head, and manage to convince themselves it's not utter lunacy within three days (like say, Hisao and Kenji saving Santa Claus from the Templars, or A Kill la Kill/Katawa Shoujo/Deus Ex crossover) then it fills up my brain space. At that point I pretty much have to write it, or my head explodes. Which would be rather inconvenient for me.

It doesn't hurt that I work part time (even if it doesn't feel like it sometimes) and my best editor is preoccupied playing Star Trek Online all the time.
inthewind

Post by inthewind »

Hoitash wrote:Crap SIE, they're on to us! Commence Operation: Cougar Pounce!
What? In the medical bay?! Ugh.
Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Updated 7/14

Post by Hoitash »

Relationships are complicated. Some more so than others.

Previous Chapter

Chapter Five: Finding Balance

After dinner, Lynda retreated to the gardens, wandering around the shrubs, hedges, and ponds for a while. Eventually she found a simple concrete bench, surrounded by shrubs and a lone cherry tree, but still relatively close to the back patio. As the sun started to set, she lay down on the backless bench and closed her eyes, her legs sticking out over the other end as she rested in the shade.

Lynda sighed. Ever since the trip to town, she’d been mulling over what she and Hisao had talked about. It was grating on her more than she would have liked, and she knew she’d have to bring it up with Misha when they were alone. For the time being, though, she was fine lying on the bench and stewing in her emotions.

Lynda lost track of time on the bench, staring up at a few of the tree’s stray branches, their pink blossoms long replaced with simple green leaves. Alone in the peace of the backyard garden, Lynda once again found herself beginning to doze off. Before she ended up completely giving in to sleep, someone coughed loudly. Lynda opened her eyes and started moving her head to look around. It didn’t take long to see the source of the cough; Hideaki was standing several paces back from where her head was resting.

“You okay?” he asked.

“Jus’ tired,” Lynda replied in English.

“Mentally, physically, or emotionally?”

Lynda snorted, “All of the above. Also confused about your interest.”

Hideaki shrugged, “I’m bored. You’re not boring.”

Lynda gave a dry chuckle and muttered, “Story of my life, kid. Anyway, I appreciate the concern, but I’m fine.”

“Are you, or do you just not want to talk about it with some random teenager who has nothing better to do than bug the girlfriend of his sister’s best friend?”

Lynda blinked at Hideaki, “Have you ever considered a career in psychology?”

Hideaki shrugged, “Have you considered answering the question rather than constantly dodging it?”

Lynda shifted into a sitting position, resting her elbows on her legs as she eyed the young man, “…You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“…A bit. And you’re still dodging.”

Lynda sighed, “I don’t wanna talk about it… and that’s always the damn problem.”

Hideaki blinked, “I don’t follow.”

“It’s just…” Lynda raised an eyebrow, “You can keep things quiet, right?”

Hideaki nodded, “I’m not a snitch. Despite what those jerks in the kendo club might say.”

Lynda smirked for a moment, then frowned, sighed again, and explained, “I’m just worried my relationship with Misha is one-sided in some regards. Mainly in how much we know about each other’s pasts.”

“She’s spilled her guts to you, but you haven’t told her anything?” Hideaki guessed.

Lynda raised an eyebrow, “How’d you figure that?”

“You seem the type to keep things bottled up, and Misha’s… not.”

“Fair enough, I guess,” Lynda remarked, “To an extent, you’re right. When I do mention my past, it’s either drug out of me or slips out when I’m upset. Meanwhile, Misha’s told me stuff she’s probably only told Hisao, Shizune, her therapist, and maybe the on-campus LGBT group.”

Hideaki nodded and adjusted his glasses, “People she trusts, in other words.”

Lynda raised an eyebrow at Hideaki, “Are you implying I don’t trust my girlfriend? Do you know what we’ve given up to be together?”

“Your home countries, for a start,” Hideaki replied.

“Well, it’s not that bad,” Lynda admitted, “In a way, I guess I gave up more to be with her than she did. Not that I regret it –I never really felt at home in Canada after… once I got older. Great, now I sound like even more of a bitch, for whining about what I sacrificed for our relationship. And I’m doing it with someone I barely know. No offense.”

“None taken. Though we don’t know each other very well, may I offer my two metaphorical cents?”

Lynda shrugged, “May as well.”

Hideaki adjusted his glasses again and slowly rubbed his chin in lethargic thought. After a little while, he lowered his hand and stated, “I don’t have a lot of expertise in this area, not counting the internet and the sparse conversations we’ve had together, but, I remember the words of a wise man who once said: ‘You have to look within yourself to save yourself from your other self. Only then will your true self reveal itself.’”

Lynda managed a weak smirk as she quipped, “You’re not gonna start raving about having to regain your honor, are you?”

Hideaki shook his head, “All I’m saying is… well, for one, it doesn’t really matter what either of you sacrificed to be together, because in the end you are together, and that’s what’s important.”

Lynda slowly nodded, “As cliché as that sounds, I’ll take it. What else you got?”

“Misha said what she said when she was ready to say it. When you’re ready to say it, you’ll say it.”

Lynda sighed, “But why aren’t I ready?”

Hideaki shrugged, “Only you can answer that. Maybe you are, it just hasn’t come up, because Misha doesn’t want to upset you by bringing things up. Or she doesn’t care –she’s that type of person to.”

Lynda raised an eyebrow, “What type?”

“The type to love someone for who they are, not what they were.”

“…You lurk on teen girl forums, don’t you?”

“I am under no obligation to answer that.”

Lynda chuckled and straightened up, resting her hands in her lap, “So this isn’t a big deal and I’m just over-thinking it?”

“It’s possible,” Hideaki said, “You are an academic, after all. Hisao does the same thing, sometimes.”

Lynda smirked, “Here’s hoping. I do need to talk to Misha about it, though. To give me some peace of mind, if nothing else. Thanks, Hideaki, that helped a lot.”

Hideaki bowed, “Pleased to be of service. But now I must go, for I am needed elsewhere.”

“Before I forget,” Lynda said, then looked around to make sure they were alone. Once she was sure they were, she continued, “the next time you’re in the kitchen, you might wanna check behind the ice trays in the freezer.”

Hideaki raised an eyebrow, “Any particular reason?”

Lynda smirked, “An… anonymous benefactor may have left something there you’ll appreciate.”

Hideaki looked thoughtfully at Lynda for a second, nodded once, and shuffled back to the house. He had barely vanished from Lynda’s view when Misha appeared, looking around the now shadowless gardens. When she spotted Lynda, she bounded over to the bench and plopped herself down next to her partner.

“Hey,” she greeted, “You okay~?”

Lynda nodded, “Just tired, and thinking. And getting tired from thinking.”

Misha scooted over to the edge of the bench and patted her thigh. Lynda smiled and lay back down, using Misha’s leg as a pillow. Still smiling, Lynda closed her eyes and relaxed against the warmth of Misha’s body.

Misha looked thoughtfully at her resting partner, not wanting to disturb her when she looked so beautifully relaxed, but, also getting the sense she was holding something in. she hadn’t spoken much since leaving town, and had wandered off on her own right after dinner. Just like her, when Lynda felt like brooding, she usually did it somewhere with a lot of plants and fresh air. Or least someplace to lie down and close their eyes.

Her curiosity and concern for her partner won out, so, as she started stroking Lynda’s dark hair, Misha asked, “What were you thinking about so much~?”

Lynda sighed, “…Us.”

“What about us?”

Too tired to deflect and too comfortable to just leave, Lynda opened her eyes. Looking intently into Misha’s amber orbs, she stated, “Ask me something.”

Misha tilted her head, “Huh?”

“About my past,” Lynda replied, “Ask me something. Something personal. Something you’ve wanted to ask, but didn’t because you didn’t expect me to ever answer, or were afraid of the answer, or knew you’d have to drag out of me.”

“…Huh?”

Lynda sighed, “Please, Shiina. Just do it.”

Misha looked up, off into the darkening gardens, pondering what to ask, while also wondering why Lynda wanted her to ask something in the first place. Feeling Lynda’s eyes watching her, Misha mulled over possible questions. There were a lot of things she wanted to know about Lynda’s past, but asking them would only upset her, at least, they would have before.

Before she ended up confusing herself in a circle of thought that led nowhere, Misha picked something that she had been wondering for a while, but was never sure what to do about if Lynda answered. If Lynda was willing to answer the question, maybe she would be willing to deal with the fallout.

Question ready, Misha looked down at Lynda’s expectant gaze and asked, “Do you miss sex with men?”

Lynda raised an eyebrow, “That’s your question.”

Misha pouted, “It’s a legitimate question~!”

“Fair enough,” Lynda looked away from Misha, at the small little lamps that began to glow along the garden paths, and started thinking the question over.

Misha patiently waited for an answer, still nonplussed at Lynda’s willingness to be asked in the first place. After a few moments of silent contemplation, Lynda looked back up at Misha.

“Honestly?” Lynda asked. She waited for Misha to raise an eyebrow and nod before replying, “Kinda.”

“I… don’t know what to do with that,” Misha admitted, “I’m… uh… why the sudden demand for me to ask you something?”

Lynda smirked at Misha’s efforts to recover from her question, but she wasn’t quite ready to let it go, “You don’t have to do anything, okay? I love you, and you love me, and that’s all that matters. Although, if you’d be game for a three-way, I wouldn’t be averse to the idea…”

Misha chuckled, although she still wasn’t sure how to take Lynda’s answer. She had been honest though, and if it was a problem down the road, Misha knew they could handle it.

“You don’t resent me, do you?” Lynda asked.

“Of course not!” Misha declared, “I’m still confused why you wanted me to ask something, though.”

Lynda sighed and closed her eyes, “I don’t think it’s fair that you’ve spilled your guts to me, but when you ask anything about my history, you either have to drag it out or I straight up refuse.”

“Oh,” Misha said.

When Misha didn’t say anything more, Lynda opened one eye, “That’s it? You don’t think it’s unfair or one-sided? At all?”

Misha’s face formed into what Lynda considered an adorable, thoughtful expression. After a few moments of contemplation, Misha shrugged and replied, “I never really thought about. You’ve always told me stuff when you were ready, and that’s fine with me~.”

Lynda opened her other eye, “But it is unfair, right? That you were ready to open up to me, and I’m still not really ready to open up to you?”

Misha smiled down at Lynda, her hand still stroking her silky, raven hair, “It sounds like you’re more upset about this than I am~.”

Lynda opened her mouth, closed it, blinked dumbly for a moment, then grunted, “Huh. Fair point. So I’m just over-thinking this?”

Misha nodded, “I told you everything because I trust you. When you trust yourself, you’ll tell me everything~.”

Lynda smirked and muttered, “Everyone’s a psychologist today.”

Misha raised an eyebrow, “If you want me to say I resent you for missing men or not telling me every sordid, perverted, shameful thing you’ve done over the last five years, you won’t hear me say that. You’re not keeping secrets from me, you’re just not ready to tell me about all the things that have hurt you over the years. It’s not easy to do that, and we both know that. I understand you’re unwillingness not to tell me, and I know you will eventually.

“You’ve already told me lots of things, and I’ve seen the pain and felt the guilt when I asked and asked until you finally answered. But you did answer, you will answer, and you will tell me when you’re ready. Okay~?”

“Well, when you put it that way… okay.”

Misha smiled, then gave Lynda a mischievous look as she mused, “You know, maybe if we ask Henry really~ nice~lmm-”

Lynda shot up to cut off Misha’s quip. She had meant only to give her a quick kiss to distract her, but Misha’s mouth had been open, and Lynda couldn’t resist using her tongue. Misha moaned lightly and leaned into the kiss, well aware of Lynda’s warmth next to her own and on her thigh. As the two stayed locked together, the proximity of Lynda’s body made Misha’s warm as well, and she could feel Lynda’s body have a similar reaction.

When the two finally broke apart, Lynda looked into Misha darkened, amber eyes, knowing her own brown ones, usually bright and eager, were also sharp with desire.

Licking her lips and feeling their body heat building and pooling, Lynda asked, “Did we have anything planned for after dinner?”

Misha grinned and licked her teeth, “I think we do now.”

+++
Next Chapter

As my sex scene quota for the year has been filled, I won’t be writing another one for this story. Most likely.

Apparently Hideaki was a wizened mentor in a former life. And leader of the Fire Nation.

Also, I tried really hard to make sure I got the lay/lie thing write, and I think I got it (since lay seems to be a past tense version of lie in certain instances.) Here’s hoping.
Last edited by Hoitash on Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Nice chapter. Your Hideaki is a bit different than the one we're used to, but I like him.
I don't get the quote, though... Avatar?

A few minor things:
Lynda once again found herself beginning to dose off.
"doze"
Before she ended up completely giving into sleep,...
"in to"
“But why aren’t I ready?”
I know this is correct, but I still die a little inside every time I see it^^°

griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Nice chapter. Your Hideaki is a bit different than the one we're used to, but I like him.
I don't get the quote, though... Avatar?
Thanks, and yes, yes it is.
A few minor things:
Lynda once again found herself beginning to dose off.
"doze"
Before she ended up completely giving into sleep,...
"in to"
“But why aren’t I ready?”
I know this is correct, but I still die a little inside every time I see it^^°
You have piqued my curiosity. What's odd about that structure, while still making it technically correct (the best kind of correct.)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well, I would always use "..., am I not" because if you take "aren't I" out of a question and flip it around, it becomes "I aren't" and that just sounds wrong.
Paradoxically, though, in my experience it is those with the most distinguished Oxford accent who use "aren't I" most often.

Sore wa himitsu desu.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

“You’re home countries, for a start,” Hideaki replied.

Lynd opened her mouth
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

bhtooefr wrote:
“You’re home countries, for a start,” Hideaki replied.

Lynd opened her mouth
This is what I get for making last minute edits.

Thanks, fixed, and sorry about that.