WORDS WORDS WORDS

Hoitash

Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Conclusion Update

Post by Hoitash »

Alright. Whiskey, check.

Leftover prescription pain meds, check.

Orchestral fanfare, check.

Thank you, Nonon.

Let’s do this. LET THE SUMMER FESTIVITIES… COMMENCE!

And yuri fans. And fans who prefer my USM stuff to my other writing. And bacon, because bacon is awesome.

…Where was I? Oh, right. Time-wise, we’re in the summer after my latest Christmas Special (which followed the one before that, remember), most likely late July of 2010 (which means Lynda can finally legally drink in the US. Go figure.)

Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series

Chapter One: See Series Title

“You okay?” Misha asked Lynda.

Misha’s partner, Lynda Long, raised an eyebrow and shrugged, “Yeah, I’m just about to spend a week with my girlfriend’s best friend’s family; no big deal.”

Misha chuckled and rang the buzzer. The Hakamichi house was surrounded by an imposing brick wall and iron gate, reminding Lynda somewhat of a feudal keep. The large house beyond, visible through the nearby gate, only added to the impression. Considering the house’s size and the vast surrounding yard, Lynda almost expected to see peasants tending to their crops, or at least some groundskeepers roaming around.

It was mid-afternoon on a Sunday, and Misha and Lynda had just come from a taxi ride from the airport –though Misha had gone to pick up Lynda, as she was staying in Japan for most of the summer. The two’s bags were carefully stacked between them as they waited for a response.

After a few seconds the intercom crackled and the tinny voice of a male teenager said, “Yes?”

“Hi, Hideaki-chan~!” Misha chirped, “It’s me and my girlfriend, Lynda!”

“’Kay, I’ll come down to help with your bags.”

“Thanks!”

Misha stepped back from the intercom and beamed, “That was Shicchan’s brother, Hideaki~.”

Lynda nodded, “Used to dress kinda weird until recently, right?”

Misha nodded, “Shicchan said he had one of those teenage identity finding experiences after streaming The Boondocks online.”

Lynda nodded and tucked some of her long black hair behind her ear. When she started to fidget, Misha reached over, grabbed her hand, and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

“It’ll be fine,” Misha said, mirroring Lynda’s earlier movement with her own brown hair. Grinning, she added, “You’ve met my parents. This isn’t really a big deal.”

Lynda nodded, “I know. I just wish I was better prepared linguistically; my Japanese is still pretty rough.”

“Rough, but passable.”

Lynda glanced at Misha, “And my JSL?”

Misha smirked and repeated, “Rough, but passable.”

“Normal people passable or Shizune passable?”

“Seriously, relax,” Misha stated, “You’re getting worked up over nothing.”

Lynda sighed and turned to the building. A young man in blue jeans and a yellow shirt was making his way down the driveway, and gave the two a lethargic wave as he shuffled forward.

“I shoulda prepared better for this,” Lynda grumbled, “I’m a linguistics major, for crying out loud.”

“You’re trying to learn two very complicated languages very quickly. The fact you’re even bothering is enough for me, so it doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks,” smiling, she smiled and added, “Besides, they both know English anyway~.”

Lynda smiled and turned to Misha, “Thanks.”

Misha nodded and watched as Hideaki pushed a button on the wall and the gates slowly swung open. When the gates had opened fully, Hideaki stepped through them. Taller than he had been since Misha’s high school days, his dyed green hair was cut short and matched the frames of his glasses. His blue jeans looked a bit too big for him, as did the yellow short-sleeved shirt.

Stepping onto the driveway, Hideaki bowed to both Lynda and Misha, “Welcome to our home. You said on your way here you’d need help with the bags?”

“Thanks for having us over~!” Misha chirped, “Can you grab the laptops for us?”

“Sure,” Hideaki said. Turning to Lynda, he added, “Hello by the way; I’m Hideaki Hakamichi, but you probably figured that out by now.”

Lynda nodded and replied, “Hello, I’m Lynda Long. Thank you for having us over, and sorry for my poor Japanese.”

“It’s not too bad,” Hideaki stated. Switching to English, he added, “I did okay in English class, so if you want we can use that.”

“Thank you, but I think I need to practice my Japanese.”

“Gotcha,” Hideaki replied in English. Switching back to Japanese, he asked, “So, cases?”

Lynda nodded and grabbed her suitcase, backpack carry-on, while Hideaki took the two somewhat bulky laptop cases. When Misha had grabbed the rest of the luggage, Hideaki turned around and started heading back to the house, the two women following close behind.

“Is anyone else home?” Lynda asked, sticking to Japanese for as long as she could.

“Everyone is, actually,” Hideaki replied, “Hisao’s in the garden reading, and Sis is inside containing Dad.”

“Containing?” Lynda asked.

“Dad doesn’t let a little thing like deafness stop him from pontificating on whatever’s on his mind,” Hideaki declared.

When they reached the front porch Hideaki gently placed the satchel on the porch so he could open the door, which he kept open with one hand, gesturing with the other for the two women to enter first. Lynda glanced at Misha, who smiled and gestured to the open door. Repressing a sigh and straightening her shoulders, she thanked Hideaki for holding the door and stepped inside.

Misha and Hideaki followed Lynda as she looked around the hallway and nearby living room. Though Lynda had been warned about the scene, it was still odd to see the large man that was Mr. Hakamichi, his long dark hair tied up in a ponytail as he pontificated with his sheathed katana to a very bored looking Shizune. When Hideaki closed the door, Mr. Hakamichi stopped talking and turned to face the newly arrived guests. Shizune followed his gaze to do the same, smiling when she noticed who had arrived.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:46 am, edited 30 times in total.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichi’s –A USM Summer Series

Post by Hoitash »

Part II:

Feeling Lynda take a step back as Mr. Hakamichi took a step forward, Misha decided she should be the first to say something, “Hi, Mr. Hakamichi~! Thanks for having us over!”

Snapped back to reality by the sound of Misha’s voice, Lynda gulped and bowed, “Hello, I’m Misha’s girlfriend, Lynda Long. Thank you for having us over, Mr. Hakamichi.”

Mr. Hakamichi looked the young woman up and down as she righted herself before growling, “Still learning Japanese, then.”

Even though it wasn’t a question, Lynda nodded, “Yes, Sir.”

Mr. Hakamichi sighed, cleared his throat, and stated in English, “My business dealings require that I be fluent in English, but I do not like having to speak it in my own home. If you must speak to me and find yourself struggling, have an interpreter ready.”

“Understood, Sir,” Lynda replied.

“Good,” Mr. Hakamichi grunted. Switching back to Japanese, he glanced at his son and said, “Take that stuff up to the other guest room and then go fetch Sweater-vest.”

“On it, Dad,” Hideaki stated, heading for the stairs.

“I need to go start dinner,” Mr. Hakamichi declared, pivoting on his heel and walking out of the hallway.

Lynda turned to Misha and raised an eyebrow, “So… it went well, right?”

Misha nodded and lowered the bags in her hand. Beaming at Shizune, she signed, [Hi!]

Shizune smiled and replied, [Hello, how was your trip?]

[Alright], Misha stated, [Certainly better than Lynda’s.]

Remembering Shizune was in the room, Lynda freed her own hands to slowly sign, [Hi, thanks for the invite.]

[I couldn’t not have my best friend and her girlfriend over at the same time Hisao is visiting], Shizune stated, [I’ll show you the guest room you’ll be using –Hisao’s in the other one.]

[Thanks], Lynda replied to demonstrate she had understood. The two picked up their bags and followed Shizune’s brisk pace towards and up the stairs, which turned ninety degrees halfway up.

Shizune led them along the second floor, passing Hideaki as he headed outside to Hisao, and passed a few other rooms before stopping at one open door that looked like all the others.

[This is it], Shizune declared, and stepped aside so the two could get through with their bags.

Lynda nodded her thanks since hands were full. Misha did the same and bounded into the room. Smirking at her enthusiasm, Lynda followed her into the room.

The guest room looked like what Lynda had been expecting –dresser along one wall, nightstand by the bed, closet opposite the bed. Hideaki had placed the bags in the opened closet, so Misha and Lynda did the same. When they were done with the bags Misha stretched and rolled her shoulders, still a bit stiff from cab ride from the airport. Lynda turned around to face Shizune, who was standing in the threshold.

[Is your Dad okay with us sharing a bed?] Lynda asked.

Shizune nodded and pointed to Misha, then herself. Taking the hint, Lynda turned to Misha –who was separating the bags by contents and owner- and asked her to interpret for her.

“I asked her if her Dad was okay with us sharing a bed,” she stated for context.

Misha nodded and turned to Shizune, who replied to Lynda’s question by stating, [His exact words on the matter were ‘I don’t want to know, and as long as I don’t have to clean the sheets, I don’t care.’]

Misha translated what Shizune said with as straight a face as she could. Lynda’s response was a raised eyebrow and the temptation to make a smart comment best left unsaid. Instead she looked over to Shizune and asked what was for dinner.

Shizune shrugged, [He never tells me until he puts it on the table.]

A hand appeared behind Shizune and waved, and a moment later Hisao appeared in the threshold, “Hey, Misha. Lynda.”

[Hicchan’s behind you], Misha signed, “Hi, Hicchan~! It’s great to see you!”

Lynda nodded, “Been a while. How are you?”

Hisao shrugged, “The usual.”

Misha signed their conversation for Shizune, who rolled her eyes and stated, [He was a wreck when he got here, complaining about classes and having to deal with my father, catching poor Hideaki in the crossfire.]

“I’ve been holding my own,” Hideaki stated, reminding everyone he was still there, “so has Hisao. You two wanna settle in, or would you prefer a tour around while Dad destroys the kitchen?”

Since the tour was for Lynda’s benefit, Misha turned to her, who turned to Hideaki and said, “A tour would be great, thanks.”

[Hideaki offered us a tour], Misha stated for Shizune’s benefit

Shizune nodded, [I’ll do it], turning on her heel, she signed to Hideaki to help their father in the kitchen. Hideaki sighed, nodded, and walked out.

“Good luck,” Hisao called after him.

“If you hear girlish screaming, call for help and order a pizza,” Hideaki called back.

Misha giggled and Shizune raised an eyebrow before gesturing for the two to follow as she strode out into the hall. Shizune glanced behind her to Hisao, who shrugged and followed the impromptu tour.

When they were all out in the hall, Misha bounded ahead so she could translate everything Shizune said, leaving Hisao next to Lynda.

“How long you been here?” Lynda asked.

“Since yesterday,” Hisao replied, “Misha, ask her to start the tour with the upper bathroom; I think you mentioned once you liked the tiles?”

Misha nodded and asked Shizune to start there. Shizune smirked and nodded.

The tour ended with the kitchen, which worked out well because by then dinner was ready. Hideaki had prepped the table while Mr. Hakamichi set out the food. Whether from preference or consideration for Lynda, the meal was primarily of Western cuisine, and the table had been set to reflect that. It was a tight fit around the table, but everyone managed to squeeze in, though everyone made sure Mr. Hakamichi had plenty of room.

The meal itself was a silent affair, mainly because no one wanted to have to put down their utensils to translate anything. When they were finished eating was another matter, and once Hideaki had cleared the table, Mr. Hakamichi turned to Lynda, “So, I’ve been told a bit about you, Miss Long, and one thing I don’t quite understand is how you came to be interested in linguistics or… nineteenth century Russian dialects, was it? Explain.”

A little surprised by the question/demand once Misha had translated it, Lynda stalled for time by drinking from her glass of water. When she had collected herself under the appraising gaze of Mr. Hakamichi and the curious looks from Hisao and a returned Hideaki, she turned to Misha and asked her to translate for her.

Misha grinned and nodded, flexing her fingers for dramatic effect. Smirking at the display, Lynda turned to Mr. Hakamichi to answer his question.

“Well, I kind of stumbled into it, but found out along the way how much I loved it. When I was in high school my Mom worked long hours, so to keep me from getting into trouble she… encouraged me to join a club-”

“Where was your father?” Mr. Hakamichi interrupted.

“Iraq,” Lynda replied, “as for a club, one of my friends was in the literature club, and I figured if I was gonna be in a club I didn’t want to be in, it may as well be with my friend. I didn’t really like it because they –the other students- were mostly a bunch of arrogant jerks stroking their own egos by rambling on about how smart they were for finding all the allegorical and metaphorical meanings for books that someone way smarter had figured out a century ago. Naturally the worse of them was the club president, who besides being a two-timer with absolutely no taste in partners, was naturally the most arrogant and pompous of them all. One of her favorite things to do was go on and on about how she had read War and Peace and no one else in the club had managed to start it and finish it –it wasn’t a very good club. Anyway, I figured to shut her up I’d give it a go.

“Apparently Russian literature agreed with me, because I don’t think I ever finished a book that fast. Hol –er, the President, was real ticked off when she found out, too,” Lynda glowered at the memories mentioning the president brought up and muttered, “but never mind her.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series

Post by Hoitash »

Part III:

“As I was saying, Tolstoy’s morbidity and darkness appealed to me, so I started looking for more of his work. Finding it in English turned out to be tricky, especially his philosophical writings or a good copy of Anna Karenina, so I decided to learn Russian so I could read it without having to dig for a translation –although finding uncopied works turned out to be pretty difficult, too. So I’ve actually read War and Peace translated and un-translated… Guess I should read it in Japanese, too, for completeness’ sake.”

When Misha finished translating, Mr. Hakamichi asked, “And your focus on certain dialects is related to Tolstoy how?”

Lynda glanced to Misha to make sure she was still translating. At a nod from her, she replied, “That I kinda just stumbled into. A graduate assistant offered me fifty bucks to help him on a project. I liked the work, so I stuck with it,” Lynda shrugged, “not the best reason, maybe, but I never regretted it.”

“And you feel this is a suitable line of work to provide you and you’re… partner, with a livelihood?”

“The general rule of thumb with academics is if we get a job, we won’t be well off, but we won’t starve,” Lynda replied, “Misha’s in a similar boat because of her career choice, though her work is more practical and in higher demand.”

Mr. Hakamichi nodded to himself and grunted, “So you haven’t given it much thought, then.”

“Yes and no. Depending on what I want to do with my skills, I know whether I’ll need to pursue a PhD –I’ll definitely need at least a Master’s- and if the work is in another country what that will entail. After my Master’s it really boils down to whether I have a reasonable prospect of a job in the academic field domestically, internationally, or if there’s anything I’m qualified for. If I have to get a Doctorate, that changes the plans. I’ve also had to rethink things in light of my relationship, as Misha may wish to pursue her Master’s here in Japan, or in the States. Or she might get a job right off the bat –which considering her skills is entirely possible.”

Mr. Hakamichi glowered silently at Lynda for a moment, making her uneasy. After several quiet moments of gazing, he grunted and admitted, “You have given this much more thought than I would have expected someone of your age to do.”

Lynda nodded, “Being an academic means being prepared and flexible when it comes to working within your field –you never know where the work will be or what it will be, but you better be ready to apply and try your best to get the job, because odds are good there’s another hundred applicants right behind you who are just as desperate. Misha, at least, has the benefit of skills across multiple fields. I’m a one-trick pony.”

“Indeed,” Mr. Hakamichi grunted, “Still you are at least aware of the difficulties in the path you chose, and you are determined to see it through despite that. Impressive, though foolhardy. I must retire to my study for some work. Hideaki, wash the dishes.”

Hideaki nodded and stepped out while Mr. Hakamichi left the table. Lynda watched him leave, turned to Shizune, and signed, [What just happened?]

Shizune grinned and replied, [He was judging your worth as my best friend’s girlfriend.]

[…How’d I do?]

Shizune shrugged, [Who cares? He’s right about complacency, though.]

[I know,] Lynda replied, repressing a sigh with some difficulty. Instead, she asked, [So what now?]

[Dessert?] Misha suggested, [Or a game of Risk?]

“[It’s been a while since we played together,]” Hisao remarked.

Shizune nodded, [Agreed. I must once again lay waste to my enemies and court potential allies with promises of vast fiefdoms if they agree to serve me!]

The other three blinked at Shizune, who grinned and adjusted her glasses. Hisao was the first to speak, glancing from his girlfriend to the other two women and stating, “…I’ll go get the board.”

“[I’ll make tea!]” Misha declared, hopping up and heading for the kitchen while Hisao told Shizune he was getting the board before heading off to do just that.

Left alone with Shizune, Lynda found herself feeling oddly awkward. Shizune seemed fine, slowly draining her glass of water. Wanting to break the silence, and still a little unsure of her explanation to Mr. Hakamichi, Lynda made sure Shizune was looking at her before remarking, [That went better than I thought it would –dinner, I mean. With your father.]

[What did you expect?] Shizune asked.

[I’m… honestly not sure,] Lynda replied. Slumping into her seat in relief, she smirked and remarked, [Any chance I could have a beer? I could use a drink after all this.]

Shizune smirked and stood up, [I’ll go see what we have.]

[Thank you,] Lynda replied. Standing up herself, she added, [I’ll go wait with the others.]

Lynda headed off to the living room, where Hisao was setting up the board on the floor while Misha poured tea into cups arrayed on a tray on a nearby coffee table, next to which was a platter of cookies. Lynda took a seat next to Misha, and only then noticed Hideaki lounging in a nearby chair with a book.

“You’re not playing, Hideaki?” Lynda asked.

Hideaki lowered the book and shook his head, “I’m doing dishes.”

“I can tell,” Lynda quipped.

“They have a dishwasher,” Hisao interjected, necessitating a brief translation from Misha.

When she had finished translating, she tilted her head at Lynda and asked where Shizune was.

“She’s um… on her way.”

Misha narrowed her eyes, but said nothing. She also kept silent when Shizune appeared holding two cans of beer. She handed one to Lynda and kept the other for herself.

For Misha though, keeping silent wasn’t the same as not saying anything. Shifting toward Shizune, Misha made sure she had the other woman’s attention before saying, [Don’t let her drink too much; it doesn’t react well with her meds.]

[I know,] Shizune replied, [it’s my responsibility as a host to be both hospitable and responsible with my guest’s health.]

Having used more complicated words and gestures at once than Lynda was used too, she had missed most of the conversation. She had, however, figured it was about her, and turned to Misha and asked, “What about my meds?”

“She’s telling Sis not to let you drink too much,” Hideaki replied.

Misha frowned and wagged her finger at the young man, “It’s rude to eavesdrop, Hideaki-chan~!”

“I’m not eavesdropping, I’m translating,” Hideaki replied, then went back to his book.

Misha rolled her eyes and glanced at Lynda, who looked a little miffed at Misha’s concern.

“I’m just looking out for you,” Misha stated.

Lynda sighed and nodded, “I know. It’s cool. Let’s get this game going.”

Misha translated the conversation for the others, earning her an approving grin from Shizune.

[I admire your spirit, but you’ll need more than that to prevail against the likes of me!]

With that declaration, the game began. Though the forces of Australia fought long and hard, they were eventually brought under Lynda’s heel, but the cost had been great. With Hisao and Misha battling over Africa, Shizune was able to slowly steamroll both of them, achieving a hard fought but clear victory.

At some point during the game Hideaki had wandered off to his room, and once the battle was over, and everyone realized how late it had become, Lynda and Misha decided to turn in, the better for Lynda to overcome the jet lag. Not that sleep was on Lynda’s mind as they retired to the bedroom.

While Misha used the bathroom, Lynda pulled a small, bulging bag from her luggage and placed it next to the bed. When Misha came out of the Bathroom, Lynda grinned, wove around her, and pushed her onto the bed. Landing on her stomach, Misha shifted into a sitting position. Once she had, a still grinning Lynda set herself on Misha’s lap and wrapped her arms around the short brunette’s neck.

Misha raised an eyebrow at her partner, “What are you doing?”

“Well,” Lynda said as she moved one of her hands onto Misha’s shoulder, “I’m not tired, so I was thinking…” Lynda slowly traced her hand down Misha’s bare arm, and was rewarded with a brief blossom of goosebumps along her soft, smooth skin.

Misha raised an eyebrow, “Lycchan~, we’re guests in someone else’s home. Don’t you think it’d be weird?”

Lynda snorted, “I’ve done it in weirder places, believe me… okay, that came out wrong. Besides, you’re gonna tell me Shizune and Hisao never do it while he’s here?”

To Misha, that was beside the point; they were guests, neither one of them was exactly quiet during sex, and Misha didn’t want to test Mr. Hakamichis hospitality.

“It’s just the beer talking,” Misha stated, “It wouldn’t be right if we acted on our urges now, weirdness aside.”

“Yes, because a beer I had four hours ago is clearly the cause of my desire to make wild passionate love to you, and not that fact that I’m horny, awake, and in need of some serious physical comfort,” Lynda quipped, “I am so out of my element here it’s making my head hurt. I’m facing two language barriers I’ve only begun to crack, a man whose probably got his own cult on 4chan worshipping him, whatever the hell Hideaki is, and the fact that I’m heavily reliant on someone else to communicate, which is not something that puts me at ease. Please, Shiina, I need this.”

Misha raised an eyebrow, “You’re selling your skills short, Lynda.”

“Maybe, but it’s really aggravating when someone signs or says something and I don’t get it. Please?”

Misha tried to scoot back, but Having Lynda on top of her made it difficult. Lynda didn’t move though, and her eyes, already starting to darken with lust, bored into their amber counterparts.

Misha bit her lower lip, the proximity to Lynda making her own body react more positively to Lynda’s advances than she would have liked.

Still looking for a way out even as her body readied to reciprocate Lynda’s desires, Misha muttered, “That sounds awfully like your condition talking~.”

Lynda shrugged, “Maybe. But I’d take your tongue over a pill any day of the week.”

Misha grinned and blushed. Encouraged by her reaction, Lynda moved in and gently eased into a kiss. Had the kiss been rough and needy, Misha would have pulled away and put her foot down. But the kiss was gentle and slow; a kiss of love rather than lust. Eventually the two did pull apart, both slightly flushed from the experience.

“If we’re gonna do this,” Misha stated, “We’re gonna hafta be quiet~.”

Lynda grinned and gently pat Misha’s thigh, “I thought of that.”

Lynda shifted off of Misha and hopped up, reaching for the bag she had placed by the bed earlier. After a few moments, Lynda made a triumphant grunting noise and twirled around.

Misha looked at what her partner was holding and blushed at the same time she felt a familiar heat pool and stir within her.

“You have a dirty mind, Lycchan~,” Misha declared.

Dangling the ropes and cloth straps in her hand, Lynda grinned and licked her teeth, “I know.”

+++
Next Chapter

And we’ll just leave that there. For now.

Wait, two summer specials? Surely I must be deranged, demented, delusional!

Well yes, but that’s beside the point. The funny thing about being a substitute teacher is you get the summer off, too. So I have more time to devote to my writing and bear hunting.

And DanjaDoom’s writings may (did) influence my characterization of Hideaki. So we’ll see how that goes.

And even though I posted this on the first day of summer to commemorate the occasion, I’m gonna switch to a Monday release schedule starting the… 30th. So until then, I got a lemon to write.

God help us all.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You know, sometime I'd like to read a fanfic where Shizune is playing risk and doesn't win.
That game is more about luck than strategy after all...
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

bhtooefr wrote:Image
Oh, right, we had this conversation. Sorry 'bout that. I'll just go and fix that....
Mirage_GSM wrote:You know, sometime I'd like to read a fanfic where Shizune is playing risk and doesn't win.
That game is more about luck than strategy after all...
True, true. When everyone else realizes their squabbling plays into Shizune's hands will truly be a day of reckoning.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
hyroglyphixs

Post by hyroglyphixs »

Always a pleasure to read more works in the USM universe. Great job :D
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite" - Okabe Rintarou
El. Psy. Congroo~
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

hyroglyphixs wrote:Always a pleasure to read more works in the USM universe. Great job :D
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it :).
Hoitash

Re: Meet the Hakamichis –A USM Summer Series Updated 6/30

Post by Hoitash »

Parental Advisory: The Following Chapter has been rated YG-17. This chapter contains Yuri Goodness for readers ages 17 and up. Viewer Discretion is advised.

(Which, considering you were supposed to be 18 to download the VN, shouldn’t be a problem.)

Now where’d I put those pain meds…

Previous Chapter

Chapter Two: Catch and Release

Misha shifted so she was facing Lynda on her knees. Still grinning, Lynda crawled over to her and grabbed her in a kiss. This kiss was a kiss of lust and energy, and Misha, committed to her course, returned the sentiment, working her tongue between the other woman’s lips. She gently licked along Lynda’s tongue, petting it with her own to encourage it for later on. Lynda used her free hand to reach under Misha’s shirt and stroke her along her spine. Misha moaned lightly as her body shivered in response, temporarily halting her movements as her own desire mounted.

Lynda took advantage of her brief paralysis to shove Misha on her back. Dropping the tools of the night, she crawled over Misha and pointed to her shirt.

“Off.”

Misha nodded and pulled the shirt off, revealing her light pink bra as it struggled against her impressive chest. Lynda licked her lips and lowered herself for another kiss, this one gentler than the last. Misha hiked up Lynda’s dress so she could gently run her hands along the backs of Lynda’s thighs and lower back, feeling the light contours of her muscles as she did so. Lynda reacted to Misha’s roaming hands with a muffled, contented sigh.

While Misha’s hands were occupied, Lynda slowly slithered her own under her, reaching for the clasp of her bra while letting her mouth wander down to one of the veins on Misha’s neck. She gently licked along the vein, and Misha shivered lightly in response. Grinning, Lynda followed the lick with a quick, sharp nip of her teeth. Misha gasped and froze, arching her back in the process. Lynda took advantage of the shift and freeze to finish unclasping Misha’s bra and pull it off, Misha still too dazed to react as Lynda easily hefted the clothing along and out from her arms.

When Misha had recovered she raised an eyebrow at Lynda, “How come you still have all your clothes on?”

“I needed to take yours off so I could tie you up,” Lynda replied.

“…Huh?”

“If you’re tied down, you can’t squirm as much, so we won’t rock the bed,” Lynda replied, “Brilliant, I know, now anything else you wanna ask before I gag you?”

Misha grinned, “You have such a way with words, you know that?”

“Perk of being a linguist,” Lynda quipped.

She lowered herself for another long, soft kiss, using her hands to grope for one of the bands of cloth she had brought. When Lynda found it, she slowly pulled away and carefully placed it in her girlfriend’s mouth. Saliva instinctively flooded Misha’s mouth as Lynda tightened and tied the gag behind her head, but Misha swallowed and ignored it.

“You okay?” Lynda asked.

Misha closed her eyes and swallowed again. She took several deep breaths through her nose, focusing on getting her body’s instincts to cooperate. After another swallow her body got the message to try and stop drowning her in her own spit. Smiling through the gag, Misha opened her eyes and nodded. Lynda smiled and gave Misha’s hand a reassuring squeeze.

[This better work,] Misha signed with her free hand.

Lynda let go of Misha’s hand to reply, [It will. Trust me,] blinking, she snapped her fingers and added, [oh shit, I almost forgot!]

Lynda dove back to her bag and pulled out a dark blue bath towel. Misha smirked and put her weight on her feet so Lynda could shove the towel under her. When she settled back down onto her back, Lynda grabbed more cloth and carefully straddled Misha, taking a moment to admire her impressive chest.

[Anything you wanna say while you still can?] Lynda asked.

[I love you.]

Lynda smiled and gently held Misha’s right hand in hers, gently running her thumb along the side of her girlfriend’s hand. Moving the hand to the end of the bedpost, she carefully used one of the cloth strips to tie the hand to the wooden knob at its end. She repeated the process with the other hand and slowly eased herself down along Misha’s body, positioning herself in a way that let Misha do some very tantalizing things with her left knee if she so chose.

Now gagged and partially restrained, Lynda spared a moment to appraise Misha’s predicament before placing her mouth next to her partner’s ear and carefully breathing along it. Misha shivered and nudged Lynda between her legs with her knee, unsurprised to find she was already very eager for more. Lynda moaned quietly and gently nipped Misha’s earlobe, earning her another nudge along with a gagged groan. Unable to tell Lynda to hurry it up, Misha closed her eyes and let Lynda take her own pace; it wasn’t like she couldn’t return the favor later on, after all.

Lynda slowly eased her tongue down the vein on Misha’s neck, fighting the urge to bite down on it and leave a mark that would probably result in some very awkward questions from the Hakamichi’s. While her tongue did its slow work, Lynda let her right hand roam where it wanted. At first it just wove its way through Misha’s long brown hair, careful not to tug too hard on the long locks stuck under Misha’s back as she let the soft, voluminous strands run through her hands like silk. When she ran out of hair to finger, her hand found its way under Misha’s skirt, the heat trapped within pooling and warming Misha’s luscious thighs.

Lynda gave the thigh a not-so-gentle squeeze, earning her a light groan and a not-so-gentle nudge of the knee, which caused Lynda to moan lightly herself. Deciding to be merciful, Lynda slithered down Misha’s body, her tongue making its way to the brunette’s right breast. Pleased that her teasing was paying off, Lynda grinned and gently nipped Misha’s erect nipple. Misha opened her eyes and half groaned, half-grunted at the sensation, and moved her knee despite Lynda’s repositioning. To make up for it, Lynda rocked slightly on Misha’s leg, moaning lightly as the movements stirred the brewing heat between her legs.

Misha tried to squirm as Lynda’s tongue slowly roved where it pleased, but between the binds and Lynda’s legs and weight she was effectively trapped. She sighed in mock frustration, so Lynda moved her right hand further up Misha’s leg, slowly tracing its way over her panties to her waiting center. Misha gasped as Lynda started massaging her through her panties, which were already well dampened from the constant teasing.

For several long minutes Lynda kept her hands and mouth where they were, slowly building Misha up into a barely constrained frenzy. She let the mounting pleasure build closer and closer to release, and, with her body tensing up in preparation for the final push to climax, Lynda removed her hand and mouth from their work.

Misha groaned and glared at Lynda, who just smiled; she knew she’d get hers once the positions were reversed, so she didn’t mind toying a bit with her partner. Being on the receiving end of the torturous buildup to release was almost as much fun as giving it, after all. Still, Lynda’s own desire was starting to get to her, and while simply grinding against Misha’s bare leg would get her the release her own body craved, it would be far less satisfying than lying helpless under Misha’s roving tongue and fingers.

With Misha bordering on her own release, Lynda slowly scooted down the trapped woman’s body, easing herself between her partner’s legs. Along the way she managed to pry off Misha’s skirt and panties, laying them to the side as she paused to take in the beautiful sight before her. Powerless before her ministrations, covered in sweat that reeked of lust and need, tied, gagged, on the very brink of orgasm, her damp hair sprawled around her head, her amber eyes blazing with desire and love for the woman kneeling above her. Desperate for release, Misha spread her legs as wide as she could, using her body’s movements to convey what her hands and mouth could not. Her own desire leaking out of her as it built, Lynda licked her lips and plunged in.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Part II:

Even through the gag, Misha’s moan of satisfaction as Lynda’s tongue and lips finally locked on to her waiting and very eager clitoris was loud enough to make both women nervous. It was nowhere near enough to make either woman stop, and Lynda kept up her rapid assault on Misha’s center, giving the small bundle of nerves the attention it had been craving for what seemed to Misha’s body an eternity. Already close, and with Lynda having taken the direct approach to oral sex, it wasn’t long before Misha’s body once again tensed up in prelude to release. This time Lynda pressed on, putting her talented tongue skills to work before giving Misha a gentle nip that hurtled her over the edge.

Misha tensed up and moaned as she climaxed, her back arching and her wrists banging against the banister as her legs stiffened and her release coursed through her and out of her. Lynda kept up her assault, drinking in her girlfriend’s release as she twitched in orgasm. Even as she came down from her release Lynda built her up for another one, and Misha was powerless to stop her as she gasped, moaned, and groaned. In short work she was once again moaning in release and groaning in satisfaction as another orgasm ripped through her, her gagged, ragged vocalizations music to Lynda’s ears.

After some brief oral cleanup to guide her down from her second release, Lynda wiped herself on the inside of Misha’s thigh and slithered over the sweaty, heaving body of her partner. Grinning through her gag, Lynda returned the grin and gently kissed Misha on the forehead. Though worn out from Lynda’s efforts, she had enough strength to position her knee in just the right spot to nudge Lynda between her legs. Lynda groaned, closed her eyes, and gently ground against the knee, her own desire entering the forefront of her mind now that Misha had been satisfied.

Misha cleared her throat and gave Lynda a rough nudge with her knee. Suppressing a louder groan with difficulty, Lynda opened her eyes and looked down at Misha. Misha gestured to her bindings with her eyes, which still blazed with desire, much like Lynda’s. Taking the hint, Lynda reluctantly scooted over to untie Misha from the bed. As soon as her hands were free Misha reached behind her and, somewhat awkwardly, managed to get the gag loose and out of her mouth.

“My turn, right~?” Misha asked.

Lynda grinned and nodded, “Be merciful, okay? Just not too merciful.”

Misha nodded and got onto her knees, her energy returning as her eyes raked over the sweaty body of her partner. Unlike Misha, she still had on her clothes, though her shoulder straps had fallen to her elbows in all the excitement, so Misha’s first act was to gently reach behind Lynda’s head and pull her in for a deep kiss. While Misha lapped up the remains of her own taste, she used her free hand to unzip Lynda’s dress. After a bit of resistance the zipper gave way, and Misha quickly dragged it down Lynda’s back.

Pulling away from the kiss, Misha licked her teeth and commanded, “Clothes. Off.”

Lynda smirked and retorted, “Come and take them off.”

Misha grinned and placed a hand on each of Lynda’s shoulder. The two exchanged a brief, lustful gaze before Misha gently tossed Lynda onto the towel. The towel had become crumpled and folded during the two’s activities, so Lynda readjusted it with her feet while getting into place. While she did that, Misha grabbed the other gag and more cloth. Holding them in one hand, she straddled Lynda and started prying off her dress, sliding it down to her waist and pausing just long enough to grab her panties to take along with them. Lynda squirmed to allow Misha to pull off both garments and toss them aside.

Misha paused to appraise how eager Lynda was before resuming her straddling position. She grabbed both of Lynda’s hands and forced them above her head. Lynda raised an eyebrow as Misha grabbed both wrists with one hand, then used the one holding the cloths to wrap one of the bindings around them. She let go of Lynda’s wrists to finish tying them together, and it was then that Lynda glanced up and saw Misha had used two of the longer bindings, rather than just one of the ones like she had used on Misha.

Misha was about to finish tying up Lynda when she remembered the bra. Though it was strapless, removing it before restraining Lynda’s hands felt somehow proper. Arching her back to give her better access, Misha reached behind her and quickly removed Lynda’s last vestige of clothing. That done, Misha finished restraining Lynda’s hands, using the long strips to anchor her bound wrists between the ends of the banister.

Lynda gave the binds an experimental tug. Her wrists moved enough that she could get them away from the banister a bit, but that was all –just enough give so she could keep her knuckles from slamming against the banister.

“Very nice,” Lynda remarked, “You’re getting better at this.”

“I have a great teacher~,” Misha replied. Holding up the other gag, she asked, “You ready?”

Lynda smiled and nodded.

Misha gave Lynda one last long, deep kiss before gently placing the gag in her mouth and tying it behind her head. As with Misha, saliva started forming in Lynda’s mouth, forcing her to swallow. Lynda was more experienced with such activities, however, and so she could repress her body’s reflexes more easily and quickly. As she swallowed, Misha paused to admire the scene before her.

Lynda was lankier and more athletic than Misha, though slightly less curvy as a result. Her body brimmed with energy and her sweat smelled of need and activity. It was an intoxicating scent that always worked to spur Misha on when she might normally give in to fatigue. Misha took advantage of that energy to bend down and nibble on Lynda’s earlobe. Lynda reacted with a muffled groan as her eyes rolled back in pleasure. While she was distracted, Misha reached between Lynda’s legs and deftly inserted two fingers into her eager center.

Lynda moaned at the intrusion as her inner walls instinctively clamped down on the fingers. Still gently nibbling and licking her ear, Misha used her thumb to gently circle along her partner’s eager clitoris, eliciting another muffled moan. Just like with her, Misha slowly built Lynda as close to the edge of release as she could, her vaginal muscles quivering and leaking in anticipation as Misha’s fingers did their work. When Lynda’s body was at the edge of release, Misha gently removed her fingers and sat up.

Lynda’s eyes, formally closed in ecstasy, shot open to glare at Misha. In response Misha grinned and carefully licked Lynda’s juices from her fingers. Lynda quivered at the sight, and, still grinning, Misha gently slithered down to her partner’s knees, where she proceeded to kiss and lick her way slowly, agonizingly slowly, down to between Lynda’s open legs.

Lynda grunted, groaned, moaned, and even thrashed in frustration, all to no avail; Misha would let her cum when she damn well felt like it, and not before. Karma was truly a bitch, and Lynda loved both it. Misha took extra time to tease Lynda’s erect nipples and lap up the sweat beading along her body, something she had come to enjoy.

After what seemed like an eternity to Lynda, Misha finally reached her partner’s legs, only to slowly take her time kissing, licking, and occasionally nipping down one leg, then up the other. Lynda bit down on the gag to keep from screaming in frustration; she was so. Damn. Close. When she had licked her way up Lynda’s other leg, Misha paused to inhale the sweet scent of arousal and need her partner was exuding, and to look at her stewing in anticipation and frustration. After several long moments of gazing along Lynda’s sweaty, wanting body, Misha decided to be merciful. In one swift motion, her lips locked around Lynda’s clitoris at the same time she shoved three fingers as deep as she could into her.

Lynda lost it.

She cried out through the gag and shuddered violently as her orgasm exploded through her body, making every nerve within seemingly jolt in pleasure. Her vaginal walls clamped down hard on Misha’s fingers and pulsed as her release poured from her. Through it all Misha kept up her assault, bringing Lynda to another release like she had with her. As she did so she used her free hand to grope her own aroused center, building herself up for another orgasm even as Lynda rocked and thrashed from her second.

Despite her violent thrashing Misha kept her mouth firmly clamped on Lynda’s clitoris, licking and nipping it in preparation for yet more release. Lynda was reduced to a groaning, moaning body of sweat and desire as she twitched and convulsed in pleasure. Timing her movements carefully, Misha waited until her own center was near bursting before biting down on Lynda’s clitoris.

Her third orgasm sent Lynda bucking and rocking as Misha’s own exploded within her. She moaned into Lynda’s center as she herself went rigid with release. With what little remained of her energy and senses she gently licked and fingered both of them through their latest orgasm, only finishing when Lynda gently boxed her head with her knees.

Taking the hint, Misha pulled away from Lynda’s clitoris, lapping up the fluids that coated her fingers and hands before once again straddling her partner. With the last of her waning strength she untied the bindings and removed the gag, giving Lynda a gentle kiss before easing up along her side.

Lynda paused to taste herself before pulling back and remarking, “No wonder you enjoy licking me so much.”

“You have excellent taste,” Misha declared.

Lynda smirked and stated, “Of course; I chose you.”

Misha smiled and gently nuzzled Lynda’s neck. Lynda shifted and placed her arms around her partner, and the two drifted off to sleep in each other’s arms.

The last thing either of them said came from Misha after Lynda remarked, “Towel’s gonna soak the sheets.”

“Oops,” Misha replied, and then both were asleep.

+++
Next Chapter

So, that just happened.

I hope that was worth me feeling incredibly awkward and uncomfortable. Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to go commit arson.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

For those of you not interested in girl-on-girl action, here’s a regular chapter so you have something to read this week.

For those of you who did enjoy the lesbian sex, consider it a bonus.

Previous Chapter

Chapter Three: The Day the Bagel Bites Stayed Frozen

The next morning, Shizune was reading the paper and drinking some tea in the kitchen when Lynda, already dressed for the day, shuffled into the room. Tapping Shizune’s shoulder to get her attention, Lynda waited until she had lowered her paper before signing good morning to her.

Shizune set her paper down and replied, [Good morning. Did you sleep well?]

Lynda smirked and nodded, [Yes, thank you. May I ask where Hisao is?]

Shizune smirked, [Don’t be so formal, it doesn’t suit you. Hisao’s… recuperating, Father’s working, and Hideaki is who knows where. Which is unfortunate, because he’s supposed to be making breakfast.]

Lynda tilted her head, having missed several words. She got the gist though, and rather than ask for clarification, asked if there was coffee.

Shizune nodded and pointed to the coffee maker, [Mugs are above the sink and to the right, we have milk and half and half in the fridge, and sugar is in the bowl by the salt and pepper.]

[Thanks,] Lynda said.

Lynda poured herself some coffee and sat back down. After she had taken a sip, Shizune asked, [Is Misha still sleeping?]

Lynda nodded, set down her mug, and replied, [She should be down soon.]

Shizune nodded and was about to go back to her paper when Hideaki strolled in, looking exactly as he had the previous day, except his hair had not yet made contact with a comb.

“’Sup,” he said to Lynda. To his sister he asked, [What’s for breakfast?]

Shizune glowered at her younger brother, [You said you were making it, remember?]

[Oh, right. Bagel bites it is.]

Shizune’s glower intensified, [Make a proper breakfast.]

Hideaki nodded, [That was a joke, Sis.]

[Don’t quit your day job,] Shizune quipped.

Hideaki ignored her and turned to Lynda and asked, “How’s pancakes and leftover miso soup?”

“…Do those even go together?”

Hideaki shrugged.

Lynda looked to Shizune, then back to Hideaki, “Uh, could you ask Shizune for me if it’s alright with her?”

Hideaki nodded and asked Shizune, who was still waiting for her brother to start cooking. When he had finished, Shizune looked to Lynda and replied, [You’re the guest, so I’ll let you decide.]

[Thank you,] Lynda signed, “If it’s okay with her, it’s fine with me. Thanks; I’d offer to help, but I can’t cook.”

“You make good toast.”

Lynda turned to the kitchen entrance to see Misha, dressed for the day and looking energized and ready for the day ahead. When she sat down Shizune signed good morning, which Misha energetically returned.

“Morning, Hideaki-chan,” Misha said to the young man.

Having started on breakfast, Hideaki didn’t look away from his work as he replied, “Morning. Want some tea?”

“Coffee, please.”

“I’ll get it,” Lynda stated, getting up and fixing up a mug for Misha.

Shizune waited until Misha had received the mug and taken a few sips before speaking to her, picking up threads of conversation that had ebbed and flowed during the epic battle from the night before. Lynda spent a moment watching the two’s fluid, rapid movements.

Lynda was impressed as the two kept pace with each other’s rapid signing, both women using signs and gestures Lynda had no chance of understanding with her current skills. Deciding to let them have their conversation in private, Lynda turned to observe Hideaki, who was mixing up pancake batter and giving a large pan an appraising gaze.

“You’re watching me, aren’t you?” he asked Lynda in English.

“Got nothing better to do,” Lynda replied, sticking to Japanese as much as she could, “If it bothers you I can try and borrow Shizune’s paper, or something.”

“It’s fine,” Hideaki finished mixing the batter and set the bowl down, “Do you think I should make a meat? I feel like meat, how about you? And it’s too early for sex jokes.”

Lynda smirked and raised an eyebrow, “Not even from a bisexual?”

“…Touché.”

Lynda chuckled and glanced at her partner and Shizune. It was hard to tell for her, but it looked like in addition to their conversation, Misha was keeping her friend appraised of the discussion Lynda and Hideaki were having. Every now and then Shizune seemed to glance at the clock, though why Lynda had no idea.

Turning back to Hideaki, Lynda said, “Anyway, I’d say it’s your call. Unless you have bacon, because bacon.”

Hideaki nodded and was about to say something when he turned to the door, “Morning, Hisao.”

Lynda turned once again to the kitchen entrance, where Hisao, dressed for the day but looking like he’d rather be in bed, shuffled into the room towards the coffee maker.

“Mornin’, Hicchan~!” Misha chirped.

“Morning,” Hisao muttered, “Is there coffee?”

“Yup,” Lynda stated, waving her mug gently in the air for a moment, “Morning, by the way.”

“Morning,” Hisao returned.

While Lynda sipped her coffee and Hisao meandered over to get his own, Misha turned to Shizune and asked if she had a plan for the day.

Shizune smirked and nodded, [I thought I should show Lynda around town. If she’s going to be here for a week, she should be aware of her surroundings.]

Lynda watched the two’s rapid signing again and sighed. As she took another sip from her coffee, Hisao sat next to her with his own,

Watching her mope as she looked at the two women, Hisao turned to Lynda and asked, “Something wrong?”

Lynda shrugged, “Seeing how far I need to go to properly communicate with you guys wears on me, is all.”

Hisao nodded, “I remember that feeling. You’ll get the hang of it. I learned fast thanks to osmosis, and now you will, too.”

Lynda smirked, “Thanks.”
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Part II:

“Lycchan~,” Misha piped up, having finished her conversation with Shizune, “Wanna go on a tour of the town after breakfast?”

Lynda nodded, “Sure, sounds like a good idea. Is there somewhere we could stop for one of those ice cream crepes?”

Misha nodded, [“No problem. They have great parfaits there, too.”]

[Lynda wants a crepe in town,] Hisao explained to Shizune.

[Good idea,] Shizune declared. Glancing at Hideaki, she added, [Presuming we ever get breakfast, that is.]

Hideaki, his back to the table as he started flipping pancakes, turned to Lynda and remarked, “She’s watching me, isn’t she?”

Watching Shizune glance at the clock, then at Hideaki, Lynda connected the dots and replied, “I think she’s timing you, too.”

Hideaki nodded, “She’s still upset I made pancakes faster than her when we went camping once.”

“I’m surprised she hasn’t challenged you to a cook-off.”

“Implying we don’t have those regularly.”

“Fair enough,” Lynda remarked. Turning to Misha, “So, what’s in town?”

“Same stuff as most towns, really,” Misha replied while Hisao took over keeping Shizune appraised of the conversation, “although they do have a nice park.”

“Ice cream and a park? Sounds like we have the day planned.”

While signing to Shizune, Hisao turned to Lynda and added, “They have a decent sized hobby store in town, too.”

“Do they sell Warhammer?”

Hisao nodded, “They do the 20% discount, too.”

“Okay, now we have the day planned,” Lynda declared.

Shizune raised an eyebrow at Hisao, [What did you tell her?]

[Geek stuff.]

Shizune rolled her eyes.

Under the watchful gaze of his sister, Hideaki finished and served breakfast, which Shizune made a great fuss of examining before declaring to be acceptable.

[Though you were two minutes slower than last time,] she added.

[Well, someone] Hideaki exaggerated his movements for emphasis, [hid the maple syrup in the freezer behind my bagel bites.]

Shizune grinned, [All’s fair in love and war.]

[You don’t mess with a man’s bagel bites, and you woulda had to move them to hide the tin.]

[Serves you right for eating that prepackaged garbage, anyway,] Shizune retorted.

Watching the two argue, Lynda leaned next to Hisao and muttered, “I take it this is a regular occurrence?”

Hisao nodded, “Ever since I taught Hideaki how to sign. Well, started to –he did most of the work himself.”

Lynda raised an eyebrow, “He didn’t know JSL before then?”

Hisao shook his head. Lynda considered asking more about the subject, but decided against it; it wasn’t her place, and the two were communicating just fine, so it didn’t really matter.

Deciding to change the subject, she asked Hideaki if he was going into town, too.

Hideaki swallowed the pancake he had shoved into his mouth and replied, “Not my place. Besides, I have to tend to the garden and vacuum the upstairs. Oh, and finish the laundry.”

Lynda blinked and blurted, “Isn’t that the help’s job?”

Hideaki smirked, straightened up, and declared, “I am the help. A man’s not a man if he can’t take care of his home… or have his kids do it for him. I have been entrusted with maintaining the sanctity and cleanliness of this household under punishment of loss of convenience store trip privileges. As such, I shall carry out my duties as the firstborn son of Jigoro Hakamichi to my utmost capabilities.”

Grinning widely, Misha translated the speech for Lynda while signing it for Shizune, who rolled her eyes and remarked, [How could someone so lazy take so much pride in the little work they actually do?]

Hideaki shrugged, [“It keeps my tacquitos safe.”]

“Well, you seem to be doing a fine job, and you can’t argue with results,” Lynda stated, “Thanks for breakfast, by the way.”

“No problem. I know I’m not as good a cook as Misha, but she has taught me a few things over the years.”

[“You’re a quick learner, Hideaki-chan,”] Misha stated.

Shizune smirked and nodded.

Hideaki shrugged and grabbed his plate, “Thanks. I better get these dishes done so you all can head out.”

“Thanks,” Lynda said, “Can we get you anything while we’re out?”

Hideaki paused to consider her offer, “I’m low on tacquitos.”

[Don’t buy him any more of that crap,] Shizune snapped.

Lynda was surprised by Shizune's response -having seen it out of the corner of her eye- before realizing Misha was still translating things to keep Shizune up to speed. The way she kept up with the task and could effortlessly alternate it with Hisao was impressive, even if it reminded Lynda how far she had to go. Still, she was a linguist and in love, and it didn’t matter how many language barriers she’d have overcome for her partner. She’d break through them all no matter how long it took.

As Hideaki tended to the dishes and everyone else got ready for the day in town, Lynda decided to ask Hisao for some JSL tutoring over the week, and maybe via webcam over the summer. It might be weird making him tutor during break, but it was better than being stuck needing a translator if she wanted to have a proper conversation with Shizune, and it would help her Japanese, too.

All she had to do was find the right time to ask him.

+++
Next Chapter

At least her Japanese is decent. I doubt she’d get far with that newspaper, though.
Last edited by Hoitash on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

Hoitash wrote:Parental Advisory: The Following Chapter has been rated YG-17. This chapter contains Yuri Goodness for readers ages 17 and up. Viewer Discretion is advised.

(Which, considering you were supposed to be 18 to download the VN, shouldn’t be a problem.)
Then what the hell do you consider YG-18? :eek:
Hoitash wrote:linguist
And quite cunning, at that. (I'm sorry. No, wait, I'm the opposite of that. Not sorry at all. :twisted:)
Hoitash wrote:Hakamichi’s
I swear to god I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "Hakamichi's".
Hoitash wrote:parfait's
/me gets out his pistol

I don't actually own a pistol...
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

bhtooefr wrote:
Hoitash wrote:Parental Advisory: The Following Chapter has been rated YG-17. This chapter contains Yuri Goodness for readers ages 17 and up. Viewer Discretion is advised.

Then what the hell do you consider YG-18? :eek:
It was a joke based on the NC-17 rating.
Hoitash wrote:linguist
And quite cunning, at that. (I'm sorry. No, wait, I'm the opposite of that. Not sorry at all. :twisted:)
I approve of this pun :)
Hoitash wrote:Hakamichi’s
I swear to god I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "Hakamichi's".
Hoitash wrote:parfait's
At this point it's just me being really bad at telling when something is possessive, which I think is an exception to the rule about people's names and apostrophe's.

Why I'm so bad at that, I don't know, but I shall improve on this while Matrix-dodging the hilt of your gun (you know not to whip with the barrel, right?)
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

And, actually, "Hakamichi's" as a possessive is fine (and there is a "Mr. Hakamichi's" in there that's correct), but using it as a plural is the problem. ;)