After The Dream—MAIN INDEX (and secret Hisao arc)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

brythain

Re: After the Dream—Main Index (updated 20140729)

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:Just finished Emi's arc. You fucking monster. I'm just sitting here, crying. No big deal.

This is gonna take a while, methinks.
Ouch! I promise there are some happy bits in the whole thing. Really. Thanks for reading and appreciating all this!
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

brythain wrote:
azumeow wrote:Just finished Emi's arc. You fucking monster. I'm just sitting here, crying. No big deal.

This is gonna take a while, methinks.
Ouch! I promise there are some happy bits in the whole thing. Really. Thanks for reading and appreciating all this!
I showed it to some friends.

They agree: you are Worse Than Hitler.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:They agree: you are Worse Than Hitler.
Arggh. Hnnnnnng! 8)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Serviam

Post by Serviam »

He can't be worse than Hitler, that would mean things best left out of polite company, but I'll be damned if I experience the same feels from a different author.
"What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else."
- Tom Clancy summing up l'état in a nutshell

In order of completion: Lilly > Hanako > Rin > Emi > Shizune
The etymology of this name comes from the Latin: "I will serve," in contrast to Lucifer's Non serviam.
Slava Ukraini!
brythain

Post by brythain »

Serviam wrote:He can't be worse than Hitler, that would mean things best left out of polite company, but I'll be damned if I experience the same feels from a different author.
That's very kind of you, especially relative to the previous comment, which left me sincerely asking myself, "Dang, in what way am I being worse than Hitler? Am I really that evil?"

Then I realised some people have indeed called me 'evil' in the past. Dear, dear...
inthewind

Re: Interlude (20140729)

Post by inthewind »

brythain wrote: "No, no! Hey, author-san, please no stuffing the holes with stuff about werewolves and other strange adventures!"
Considering I just finished reading a Hoitash update, that was too apt.
brythain

Re: Interlude (20140729)

Post by brythain »

inthewind wrote:
brythain wrote: "No, no! Hey, author-san, please no stuffing the holes with stuff about werewolves and other strange adventures!"
Considering I just finished reading a Hoitash update, that was too apt.
I think it was because Kenji had just finished reading a Hoitash update. :lol:
brythain

Interlude (20140811)

Post by brythain »

"Kenji! You didn't have to do that."

"Ah, do what, author-san?"

"My MacBook Pro isn't booting. What did you do to it?"

"Oh, that is a known weakness in the GPU. I can neither confirm nor deny that we in the *ahem ahem* have the capability to remotely activate this potential vulnerability."

"But whyyyy?"

"If there were a reason, it might be one concerning the future necessity for greater care when handling the details of one's personal life. However, you're doing a good job so far."

"You're just being sinister for the sake of it!"

"Better than being sinister for nefarious reasons! Ha ha ha! I trust you'll be back to your insane ways in a few days' time."

"Did you just call -me- insane?"

I catch a heliographic flash off some large spectacle lenses, hear the faintest echo of a manly giggle, and then go grumbling back to my desktop.
bhtooefr

Re: After the Dream—Main Index (updated 20140811)

Post by bhtooefr »

Fucking Nvidia, putting backdoors in for the Japanese government... :lol:

(I had a ThinkPad T61p with a G84GLM, and I can do a Latitude D630 motherboard swap in 20:35, thanks to the G86GLMs on those...)
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
brythain

Re: After the Dream—Main Index (updated 20140811)

Post by brythain »

bhtooefr wrote:Fucking Nvidia, putting backdoors in for the Japanese government... :lol:
Yes, truly invidious, if that were true! But note that I have not said anything about any state, organ of state, or agent of state. :D
brythain

Interlude (20140817)

Post by brythain »

As I go through the next tranche of Kenji's messily-redacted material (he digitally blacks out text, then compiles photographs of his computer screen into PDFs), I feel the drowsiness getting to me. Then, ironically, I'm woken by a yawn. It's a quiet, feminine, but very satisfied yawn.

Maybe it's Yuuko, I think, and turn to look at the corner where various KS cast members tend to materialise. Hmmm… who is… she has turquoise-tinted hair and a round, cheerful face. Slightly unfocussed, looking in my general direction, she sighs a bit, as if getting comfortable. "Mmmm. Oh, hello! I've finally arrived. Kenji had to persuade me, as his first editor, and… well, I kept getting distracted. My family name is Suzuki, and people say I snore like a motorcycle, heh, but that's only when I've been sleeping at the wrong times for too long. My friends call me Suzu, although non-Japanese people always end up with 'Suzie'."

Now this is an interesting development. "Ah, Ms Suzuki, pleased to meet you!" I say, standing and bowing. "Are you going to be contributing or are you going to do what Natsume does and kibitz on my work?"

"Heh. A bit of both, maybe. But I'd just like to say in my defence that I only got to edit Kenji's work after his first ten years of logs, because it wasn't until after that that he began to trust me, for various awkward reasons and so on and so forth… I actually knew Yuuko first, because the Literature Club used to meet in the library! But I'm sorry, I have to go, when I wake up, you'll be gone! There's a nice thought, are you dreaming me, or am I dreaming you? Heh heh!"

It's a good question.
BaldBombshell

Re: After the Dream—Main Index (updated 20140817)

Post by BaldBombshell »

All hail mighty Snoozu. In her sleep, she will free us.
brythain

Re: After the Dream—Main Index (updated 20140817)

Post by brythain »

BaldBombshell wrote:All hail mighty Snoozu. In her sleep, she will free us.
That's an uncanny idea, considering what Suzu just told me...
brythain

Interlude (20140820)

Post by brythain »

"Whaaa…"

This is a big gathering. How on earth is my room fitting this many people in?

"Hi there, author-san!~ They've appointed me to yell in your ear! So fun! Haha!~"

Ouch. "Go on, Misha," I say, gently moving my head away from her apple-scented strawberry-ice-cream-coloured lips.

"Shicchan says, on Monday 25th August it's the first anniversary of the KS Forums Library!"

"It is?" Ooh. I have fond memories of the Library. It introduced me to this world.

"Yes! And all of us will be there, in all our different versions! Aww, Misha is sad in some of them, but she's also happy, so you don't have to look so melancholy, author-san!~ And of course, you can decide only to have the happy versions! Yay! We'll all win!~"

But the sad ones help the happy ones be happy, sometimes. I refrain from telling Misha that. I hate making Misha sad.

"That's nice!" I mean it. "I hope you all have fun. Have a big party!"

"Oh, author-san, don't be like that… Misha (and also Shicchan~ and the rest) would like you to have fun too! Please be there as well?"

"Uh…" Well, it's not like I can't take a day off or something. "Sure, I'll be there."

"There'll be new stories too! Everyone's working on it, and our… archivists (oh Shicchan, that's a hard word) and editors and all will be there…"

Suddenly I realise that the only real person in the room right now is Misha. The rest are… what? Collections of images. Multiple perspectives. I focus on Shizune, and see her young and old, single and attached, a mother, a daughter, a spouse… and many versions of those many aspects, and more. It's dizzying. And it's true, at the same time.

"See you on Monday, author-san! Wahaha!~" She disappears, and everyone else with her.

My room now seems lifeless and empty. But at least I have Monday to look forward to...
dewelar

Re: Interlude (20140820)

Post by dewelar »

brythain wrote:Suddenly I realise that the only real person in the room right now is Misha. The rest are… what? Collections of images. Multiple perspectives. I focus on Shizune, and see her young and old, single and attached, a mother, a daughter, a spouse… and many versions of those many aspects, and more. It's dizzying. And it's true, at the same time.
So, you downloaded the KS Desktop Pets and then had a power surge :wink: ?
Rin is orthogonal to everything.
Stuff I've written: Developments, a continuation of Lilly's (bad? neutral?) ending - COMPLETE!