Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 7/6]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

MagneticDucky

Re: Kagami Pseudo-Route [Updated 5/8]

Post by MagneticDucky »

Just wondering has this finished and am i just waiting for an update that will never arrive?
Vempele

Post by Vempele »

No, it's not finished. As of 8/8,
forgetmenot wrote:Ah, sheesh, thanks so much! I realize there hasn't been an update in a while, but I took a little break to write another story involving Saki and Rika, and I haven't really gotten back into the swing of this one just yet. There's about half of the next chapter written, so hopefully I should be able to get this updated soon. Thanks for reading!
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Vempele wrote:No, it's not finished. As of 8/8,
forgetmenot wrote:Ah, sheesh, thanks so much! I realize there hasn't been an update in a while, but I took a little break to write another story involving Saki and Rika, and I haven't really gotten back into the swing of this one just yet. There's about half of the next chapter written, so hopefully I should be able to get this updated soon. Thanks for reading!
Correct. This isn't finished, not by a long shot. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the next chapter now.
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

forgetmenot wrote:
Vempele wrote:No, it's not finished. As of 8/8,
Correct. This isn't finished, not by a long shot. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the next chapter now.
Good to hear, looking forward to it!
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.
Just like the many lives.
For the us who are still in it and still in the journey, send warm blessings.

---We will continue to walk down this path until eternity.
brythain

Post by brythain »

forgetmenot wrote:This isn't finished, not by a long shot. I'm just putting the finishing touches on the next chapter now.
This makes me very happy. I don't know if you know how happy. But very.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Rhodri

Post by Rhodri »

All I have to say is to this good news is Excellent.

You were expecting Mister Burns weren't you?
"She also ties you up to a chair. You're gonna like that. Chairs are good. Chairs are your friend."

BeeFhGhost, Jan 15th 2012.
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Rhodri wrote:All I have to say is to this good news is Excellent.

You were expecting Mister Burns weren't you?
No, neither of those influenced me much. I was expecting Bill & Ted.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Thranduil_01

Post by Thranduil_01 »

Hey forgetmenot, are you planning to compose any more pieces? I thoroughly enjoyed Memory. c:
Deadpool021

Post by Deadpool021 »

How is exactly is Kagami's Amnesia? Is she not able to create new memories and catches up with her whole life in the morning or is she able to remember bits and pieces and fills in the gaps through her notes? It's probably somewhere in the story but I must have forgotten, maybe I have amnesia :shock: .
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Deadpool021 wrote:How is exactly is Kagami's Amnesia? Is she not able to create new memories and catches up with her whole life in the morning or is she able to remember bits and pieces and fills in the gaps through her notes? It's probably somewhere in the story but I must have forgotten, maybe I have amnesia :shock: .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterograde_amnesia does this help?
Even if the author is silenced, the performance is stopped, the story will not end.

Whether it's a comedy or a tragedy, if there is cheering, the story will continue on.

forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Peorth wrote:
Deadpool021 wrote:How is exactly is Kagami's Amnesia? Is she not able to create new memories and catches up with her whole life in the morning or is she able to remember bits and pieces and fills in the gaps through her notes? It's probably somewhere in the story but I must have forgotten, maybe I have amnesia :shock: .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anterograde_amnesia does this help?
This is pretty much where I got all of my starting info. In particular, Kagami suffered the most severe damage to her left hippocampus, which left her episodic memory severely damaged (faces, names, events, that sort of thing) but her semantic memory mostly intact (facts, language, math, music). The process by which she "remembers" her life every morning hasn't been focused on yet. Emphasis on yet.
forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

Okay so I figured I probably owe an explanation on why this hasn't updated yet even though I said the last chapter was almost finished. Just so you know this isn't an abandonment message, so exhale.

I've decided that, because of the relative complexity of the story after this point, I'll be splitting the remainder of the writing into two larger updates: the end of act 3 and all of act 4. I just don't see how, with how infrequent my updates have been, I can reliably produce the rest of this story if my release cycle is as limited in scope as it has been. Every time I sit down to write, it's become a rash of "Oh, I think it happened this way back in act 2, but I forget, so let's go back and check...", etc. I think if I work in more cohesive batches, I can avoid this. It's been a major, MAJOR source of writer's block up until this point, so we'll see.

The downside to this particular strategy, is, of course, longer wait times between releases. Besides artificially releasing it in a serial manner after all of the writing is done, of course. Even that still has a pretty long lead time.

So I guess I'm just trying to temper expectations. I can't promise anything. But, chins up. I'm still working on it, and I'll finish it.

PM me if you have any further questions; I'm always happy to answer.

Thanks, everyone. Cheers.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Don't worry about it, I've waited over 6 months or more for some stories to get an update, so your's isn't that unusual. Looking forward to the continuation of your story, even if it may be a while.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
brythain

Post by brythain »

I'm glad that one of my favourite characters is going to be around more. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Peorth
Zenryoku Zenkai!

Post by Peorth »

Good things come to those who wait, what's a bit more time?