Miki and Taro: Rat Race

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Umber

Re: Miki and Taro: Rat Race

Post by Umber »

DanjaDoom wrote: Considering I sort of' hurried this chapter along before I had to leave for my aforementioned road trip, I'm pleasantly surprised by all the great feedback.
Things done at the last minute turn out either fantastically or horrendously.

•Former |fôrmər|
(former) denoting the first mentioned of two people or things
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Umber wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote: Considering I sort of' hurried this chapter along before I had to leave for my aforementioned road trip, I'm pleasantly surprised by all the great feedback.
Things done at the last minute turn out either fantastically or horrendously.

•Former |fôrmər|
(former) denoting the first mentioned of two people or things
It's good to know that I have such a talent for bullshitting!
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

On a very special Rat Race, we talk about a subject that I'm sure many of you can relate to.

A little note about the next Hideaki chapter: It's much harder to write a dinner scene than I imagined. I'm nearing the end of it now, but I should have it finished withing a couple of days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Miki? Are you ok?”

Oh God, Taro, please

“You don’t look so good! Do you need me to get the nurse?”

Hunched against the wall of the gym, my sweaty face buried in my equally sweaty knees, I hope that Taro catches the hint that now is not the time to─

“Do you need an ice pack? I could get you some water if you really need─”

“TARO!”

He shuts his trap almost immediately, thrown off by my yelling. I do feel bad for yelling at him, but the pressure hammering down on my lower abdomen has made me temporarily throw niceness out the window.

“I really shouldn't have come down here,” I moan.

“Do you… want me to take you to your dorm?” he asks, steeling himself for another bitch-out.

“I guess that would be helpful.”

Gingerly helping me to my feet, his arms begin to do a weird pantomime as he debates the best place to grab me.

I sigh. “On second thought, I’ll just walk back myself. I don’t feel as stomach-rippingly shitty as I did a few seconds ago.”

I begin making my way back towards my room, careful to walk at an even pace. I don’t want to walk too fast and risk bringing the pain back, but at the same time I’d rather be in my room when it inevitably returns, which could be any moment now.

“I’ll just follow you back then. It’s not like I’ll get much done without you here.”

I’d chide him for hating on himself like that, but honestly I only want to get the hell out of here as quick as possible. If nothing else, I can just ask Taro to go all Juggernaut and clear the way for me if things get crowded. I’m sure he’d agree.

“Where does it hurt?”

Oh My God.

“Taro, I’m sorry for sounding like a bitch here, but I’d really prefer if we just got back to my place in silence.”

“Oh, yeah. My bad,” he apologizes, seeming a bit bummed out that I brushed him off.

“Look, I’m sorry. It’s just that my stomach started feeling really wonky earlier on. It’s my own fault for coming out here in this condition, really.”

“Did you eat anything bad, earlier?”

I give him a weird look as we exit the gym. Has he not caught on yet?

“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been behaving a bit differently these past few days?” I ask him.

He starts to think on this. “Well, I have noticed Misha being a little less giggly. And Ritsu looked pretty out of it when I asked her about our history project a few days ago.”

“Yes, that’s─wait, what project?”

“Don’t worry, it’s not due for a few weeks.”

Sighing in relief, I continue with schooling him.

“Ok, so we’ve established that more than one of the girls in Yamaku have been acting strange recently?”

“Yeah…?”

I circle my hand around expectantly, but Taro just shrugs. The one time I’m the smartest person in the vicinity, and I don’t even feel well enough to gloat about it.

I groan in frustration.

“Taro, it’s a─”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Period.”

“Excuse me?”

Mutou points to a certain spot on his tutee’s paper.

“You forgot to put a period at the end of your sentence. Just thought you should know.”

“Oh! Thank you Mr. Mutou.”

“Not a problem.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“Oh!... oh... that’s… neat.”

Seeing me glare at him, he quickly rephrases his words.

“Err, I mean, thanks for letting me know that! I feel so much more knowledgeable now!”

Feeling that it’s not worth giving him shit, I continue walking along side him. Taro doesn’t speak up, being too uncomfortable with the whole situation to say anything.

“Taro, why are men such pussies?”

“Wh-what?” he asks, shocked by the out of nowhere question.

“You heard me. Just about every guy I’ve talked to starts to flip their shit when I even mention the word tampons. What kind of bullshit is that? They spend all day thinking about a girls body, but when you try to talk to them about actual shit that happens with girls they freak out! And why is that?!”

I turn sharply to face him. He’s pale as a ghost now.

“Because… we’re pussies?”

“No, because you’d rather think about all the good that comes with a pussy, instead of considering the cons that come with it.”

A small group hurries past us, looking back awkwardly before avoiding contact entirely. Groaning in frustration, I turn on my heel and motherfuckin’ power walk through the doors of the girls dorm and up the stairs to my room. Taro lingers for a minute to decide whether or not he should head in, but I don’t really give a crap what he does at this point. I’m experiencing an alien sensation right now.

The rage of the fairer sex. I’ve never been one to go all “Grrr, me hate men, grrrr,” but right now feels like as good a time as any to start.

Unlocking my door, the first thing I do is collapse onto my bedspread and take in the sweet smell of laundry detergent. I feel a little tinge in my lower abdomen, and whine pathetically at the thought of having another spasm.

A few minutes go by before the cramps die down.

To take my mind off of things, I grab my phone out of the pocket of my sweatshirt and begin to text my partner in pain.

“Hows ur suffering going? : /”

“Running on my fifth Midol today,”
Molly texts back. “It sucks, but I’m still kicking. Warm tea helps.”

“Dammiiiiit, warm tea sounds great rite now, but I just laid down in bed, dont wanna get up.”

“As long as you stay warm, you should be ok.”

Taking her advice, I grab a blanket from the end of the bed and pull it over my body.

“Feel bad tho. I may have hurt taros feelings, acted like a bitch when I didn’t mean to.”

“I’m sure he understands… why were you out with him anyway?”

I blush sheepishly underneath my blanket. “Today was shoulder day…”

“So you don’t get up on any other day, but on the day mother nature attacks, you all of a sudden feel obligated to exercise? You’re a strange girl.”

“Hey, I didn’t message you to get lectured, I just need support >:(“

“Fine -_-”

“Did you talk to suzu? Hows she holding up?”

“She finished hers last week.”

I scowl. “Lucky bitch. Lemme guess, her and that ungrateful boyfriend decided to skip town to avoid us?”

“They’re seeing a movie, if I recall correctly.”

The low, guttural noise I make happens to coincide with my next series of cramps. It definitely isn’t going to help whatever comes out of my mouth.

“Molly, we should just jump off the slippery slope and start an anti-man club. Or hell, just kidnap every freakin guy in this school and make them watch a video about a girls time of the month. Watch them squirm and suffer while we eat fried chicken or something like that oh god im so hungry now fuuuck please come over here and kill me.”

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but I really think you should get some sleep.”

“Id probably sleep better if you were here…”

“Miki, that’s the unbalanced hormones talking.”

“Just shut up and come spoon with me.”

“I’ll do no such thing!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“At least save me some room…”

I shimmy towards the edge of my bed, now with Molly as an extra occupant. Adjusting herself a few times, she rests her head comfortably on my upper arm, the soft sensation of my shirt giving her a tiny smile.

"Was the hippo really necessary?" I ask, watching her cuddle the green stuffed animal close to her chest.

"Mr. Longsnout goes wherever he's needed."

I know better than to argue with her when it comes to stuffed companions, so I let it go and allow Molly to be Molly.

“What shampoo did you use?” I ask her, taking a whiff of her flowing hair. It's rare to see her without her trademark braids, but the loose look is something I can definitely get behind. In more ways than one.

“Just something I randomly grabbed off of the shelf last week. I'll have to check whenever I get back to my room. I think it's mango, though.”

“Smells good. You should make it your official spooning shampoo.”

“What an absolutely brilliant idea. I’m completely shocked I haven’t thought of that.”

“I’ll bite you. I’m volatile.”

“So am I.”

It’s so nice that we can threaten each other like this while smiling peacefully with our eyes closed. Really puts our relationship into perspective.

“Who needs men anyway, right?”

Molly sighs softly next to me. I wrap my free arm around her torso.

“Are you still going on about that?” she asks.

“They’re just dumbheads who can’t respect a woman’s body.”

“First of all, you just grabbed my boobs, so you really can’t speak about respect. Second of all, I actually don’t blame them too much.”

“What’s that mean?”

“Well,” she yawns. “Some of the stuff that happens during our red hell is pretty gruesome. But, we've been experiencing it for years, so we’re relatively used to it. Men can only imagine all the little terrors that take place. The scariest things are what you embellish in your mind, after all.”

I lay my cheek on top of hers, to silence her heretical speech.

“You don’t know guys like I do, Molly. They’re dirty little animals. They talk about way worse things than our time of the month, trust me.”

“Do they talk about the clumps?”

Oh, damn. She actually has a good point there

“Good point. Even I get pretty squeamish talking about the clumps,” I shudder.

“I remember being much younger thinking that my guts were falling out,” Molly tells me. “I remember crying and running up to my dad to tell him. He went from brown to white and told me to go see my mother.”

I laugh at her completely inappropriate bed talk, bringing our in bodies a bit closer together.

“Miki, are you humping me?”

“No.”

“Miki, you’re totally humping me.”

“I apologize in advance for saying this, but just lie there and take it. I’m horny as hell right now, and you know going full-on is a big no-no right now.”

“At least tell me first, is all I’m asking…”

Playing the affection card, I rub my cheek against hers while humming her favorite song by Paramore.

“I’m being affectionate now.”

“I notice.”

“Just thought I’d tell you. See, I listen to you sometimes. I’m such a good girlfriend, aren't I?”

Chuckling, she turns her head over and locks lips with me. I try to turn our little peck on the lips into something a bit hotter, but Molly refuses my advances. Despite my pouting, I understand her reasons; I’m pretty exhausted myself from a long day of aches and pains.

“You know, Molly, maybe you’re right. Boys aren't too bad. Don’t get me wrong, they’re pretty dumb sometimes.”

“I won’t argue with that.”

“But overall they’re not too bad. Kind of cute, actually. Like a dog that keeps running into a screen door.”

Smiling at my analogy, Molly lays in the crook of my arm and begins drifting off to sleep. Making a mental note to apologize to Taro when I get the chance, I begin to do the same.
Last edited by DanjaDoom on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

...I'm gonna go volunteer for a war now...

That was...awkward in all the right ways... Also a good check in the "stay single" column, but either way nice chapter.

So... about that war...
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Hoitash wrote:...

That was...awkward in all the right ways... Also a good check in the "stay single" column, but either way nice chapter.

So... about that war...
There's still gonna be a lot of blood.

*high fives self*

Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

DanjaDoom wrote:

So... about that war...

*high fives self*
Tarantino would be proud :wink:.
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
Umber

Post by Umber »

DanjaDoom wrote:we talk about a subject that I'm sure many of you can relate to.
Mm. Indeed.

Good job treading the water there, Danja. A hardly touched topic given some spotlight.
-An occasional art thread.
pig dissections and cadaver examinations.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

DanjaDoom wrote:

So... about that war...

*high fives self*
Is that why girls all like those stupid Twilight books?
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been looking a bit off these past few days?” I ask him.
So... All the girls at Yamaku get their period around the same time? I've heard about girls "synching" their roommates, but that's a bit... excessive. (Though Shizune might just be domineering enough to do it) :lol:
Maybe better change to "from time to time"
A hardly touched topic given some spotlight.
I don't think it's that bad for every girl. My GF never had any cramps at all.
The mood swings were pretty severe, though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Umber wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:we talk about a subject that I'm sure many of you can relate to.
Mm. Indeed.

Good job treading the water there, Danja. A hardly touched topic given some spotlight.
I figured it would be probably be a very real problem at Yamaku. I wanted to use it as a source of comedy, but still make it fairly realistic. I hope I succeeded :)

DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been looking a bit off these past few days?” I ask him.
So... All the girls at Yamaku get their period around the same time? I've heard about girls "synching" their roommates, but that's a bit... excessive. (Though Shizune might just be domineering enough to do it) :lol:
Maybe better change to "from time to time"
A hardly touched topic given some spotlight.
I don't think it's that bad for every girl. My GF never had any cramps at all.
The mood swings were pretty severe, though.
I meant to imply that only some girls at Yamaku would get it at the same time (hence the "a lot" as opposed to "all.) I figured, if periods on average last about five days a week, with four weeks in a month, a decent number of girls would get it simultaneously.

Well, cramps was probably the safest bet I could go for without taking this fic down a very bloody path.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

DanjaDoom wrote:I meant to imply that only some girls at Yamaku would get it at the same time (hence the "a lot" as opposed to "all.) I figured, if periods on average last about five days a week, with four weeks in a month, a decent number of girls would get it simultaneously.
In that case, shouldn't there be a couple of girls suffering from this roblem at any one time? The way Miki asks...
“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been looking a bit off these past few days?”
...it sounds like the last few days might have been quite unusual in this regard - like before that noone was ever having a period. Also that it might be a phenomenon special to the girls "around here."
Maybe what you meant was "Haven't you noticed that girls usually behave differently from time to time?" or something like that.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:I meant to imply that only some girls at Yamaku would get it at the same time (hence the "a lot" as opposed to "all.) I figured, if periods on average last about five days a week, with four weeks in a month, a decent number of girls would get it simultaneously.
In that case, shouldn't there be a couple of girls suffering from this roblem at any one time? The way Miki asks...
“Haven’t you noticed that a lot of the girls around here have been looking a bit off these past few days?”
...it sounds like the last few days might have been quite unusual in this regard - like before that noone was ever having a period. Also that it might be a phenomenon special to the girls "around here."
Maybe what you meant was "Haven't you noticed that girls usually behave differently from time to time?" or something like that.
I'm just throwing this out there, but I think you might be reading into this a bit too much.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Helbereth wrote:
Mirage_GSM wrote:
I'm just throwing this out there, but I think you might be reading into this a bit too much.
I dunno, this sounds like a conspiracy on the part of the feminists of Yamaku to undermine the male population through biochemical warfare.
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Hoitash wrote:I dunno, this sounds like a conspiracy on the part of the feminists of Yamaku to undermine the male population through biochemical warfare.
Finally, someone got it right.