Pedagogy

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Aura
>has heterochromia

Pedagogy

Post by Aura »

My eyes trace slowly over the exam paper of Shizune Hakamichi, the red ballpoint pen in my left hand lazily waiting to mark any mistake that could've snuck past her sharp eyes.

It's in vain. Perfect score, as usual.

Not so with Miki Miura. Correcting the mistakes from her papers is doubly painful, but her dull-headedness is the lesser one of my problems. I wish she'd soon learn to write with what's left of her left hand legibly, but the girl can't help being born right-handed, can she?

It's after all the dominant variety of handedness, something like four of every five people, so the odds were against her. Actually, the issue is somewhat interesting, as there is no waterproof explanation as to why right-handedness is so prevalent. I recall some European, maybe Italian? could've been Hungarian too – biologist suggesting it has something to do with organ asymmetry, but I'm not sure if it's plausible to claim that…

Ah, but I meant to be correcting these papers.

The names of my students, inscribed in the upper corners of their papers, are going past my eyes one by one.

Hakamichi, Fukui, Takahashi, Mikado, Yoshida, Hiiragi, Ikezawa...

As a teacher, it's my job to teach and to guide them in the thorny path of education.

As a teacher of Yamaku Academy, it is my purpose to understand these children, to support them in the even thornier path of life.

That's right, the true purpose of education - oh, Misha (I like Mikado's nickname even though I am the only person in the school who doesn't use it) seems to have made a bad blunder in the fifth question. She should concentrate more and she'd be a star student.

The essence of being a human is social interaction. It took me more than a while to realize this myself. In here you can't avoid being more compassionate than usually, and we of the faculty end up being something more than just educators. For the students, the school is a special place.

Especially this school.

Here, the kids can find friends, people to relate to, they can feel the excitement of a math exam or the first love, eat lunch every day in the cafeteria, get scolded by a teacher, break the rules, dream of the future, everything and anything.

Even these poor children can live instead of being institutionalised somewhere where nobody remembers or cares.

Poor children…

Who am I to pity them? Many of them are better off than I was when I was their age. At least here they won't have to feel like the odd ones out.

They don't need my pity.

I lean back on my chair – it squeaks in protest – and ponder the essence of being a teacher.

The dark orange, almost brownish light refracting from the low-hanging clouds is slowly dissolving into the air of the classroom. The particle concentration in the troposphere must be just right for this effect. The physics of sunsets are quite intriguing, as the effect depends on a number of variables like the time of the year, the latitude, altitude from sea level and of course, the atmospheric conditions. I wonder if it'd be possible to model certain aspects of it by some kind of linear…

Oh right.

I've never had any formal education to be a teacher, and people often say I don't have the character to be a teacher. Maybe that's why I'm not the best teacher

Even the club I oversee has only one member. Not the minimum five required for the school to give some kind of funding. One. That's all right though, Nakai is fine with that and clearly enjoys going that extra distance. It's rare to meet a student with an actual desire to learn.

Then again, it'd be good to have more members in the club. It'd be nice to have these meetings be livelier, something I can't say they've so far been. Even today, we just discussed briefly about that Chandrasekhar book I borrowed him before I gave him an assignment to work on and started marking those exams from the other day while he was on it.

Somehow, I feel that a natural sciences club should be something else than giving him books to read and discussions, but with just the two of us our possibilities are somewhat limited.

I look at Nakai, who is working diligently. He is very studious. It's good. There are many good kids in the school. Maybe I should try to recruit a few more members. It seems I still have the charm, as I managed to seduce young Hisao so easily into this.

Heh. My word choice makes me chuckle inward.

"That's enough for today, Hisao."

"Time to get going."

Nakai looks up from his assignment, as if surprised that it's suddenly late and the club meeting time is over.

"Yes, sir."
I think that's what he says, as his words are quite muffled.

I push my chair back so Nakai can stand up from under my desk and stretch his undoubtedly stiff muscles. He shoots a yearning glance at my still pulsating member, but I ruffle at his hair, smiling, and he goes to pick up his bag without objections.

I look approvingly at his young, tender rump that is exiting through the classroom door along with the rest of Nakai, while I'm removing the nipple clamps and buttoning my shirt back up.

I wonder what the wife is going to make for dinner today.
<Aura> would you squeeze a warm PVC bottle between your thighs and call it "manaka-chan"
<Suriko> I would do it if it wouldn't be so hard to explain to my parents
Kruger

Re: Pedagogy

Post by Kruger »

Damn, nice job.
Silentcook
Carelessly Cooking You

Post by Silentcook »

So I'm not the only one feeling an occasional yearning to go way, WAY offbase...
That's good to know, but I wish I got to know it in a way I could actually unsee. :shock:
Shattering your dreams since '94. I also fought COVID in '20 and '21, and all I got was this lousy forum sig.

TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Ha ha ha

Oh wow.
delta
Feels Badman

Post by delta »

My mom got scared.

Post by Guest »

Oh my. Didn't see it coming.
Kagami
Editor

Post by Kagami »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK

I got the initial strains of the Jaws theme music at the bit about Hisao being the only one in the club.

Then they got much louder at "muffled."

Then the shark fucking ate me.
Vertical

Post by Vertical »

Thread Resurrection.

Bothered to scroll down and read one or two of these.

Hotdamn that was hilarious. :lol: The way Muto wryly says, "I wonder what the wife is going to make for dinner today," was like the finishing blow. This gets a star sticker.
Imagine me and you...
Fidelas

Post by Fidelas »

I lol'd hard at the end.
Emi Footjob -> The Problem Really Is In Your Pants
TKPsycho

Post by TKPsycho »

d'oh! You win at the internets.
A Simple Fox

Post by A Simple Fox »

wow... just... wow... I had to reread it for a second. You really got me! :P

I'm doing field work as a student teacher so the first part really hit home. When you sit there grading tests, (tedious at first but you get used to it) you find your mind wanders to interesting spots.
Aura wrote:Not so with Miki Fukui. Correcting the mistakes from her papers is doubly painful, but her dull-headedness is the lesser one of my problems.

It's painful for me as well... having to write the correct answer for 8 out of 10 questions gets old very quickly when you cover the material in class ad nauseam. I actually like girls like Shizune, saves me red ink. :wink:
"A person who knows but a little will put on an air of knowledge. This is a matter of inexperience. When someone knows something well, it will not be seen in his manner. This person is genteel." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
SnigendePind

Post by SnigendePind »

Wow, I had to read the end twice to get it.

Meh
Some people don't have arms. So what? Some people don't see colors, either.
- WetCrate

<@Raide> why does it sad to be touched? shouldn't you get a boner?

90% of the students were actually sent to Yamaku for being too lesbian. All those disabilities going around are just curious coincidence.
- Minister of Gloom

Made you look.
DuaneMoody

Post by DuaneMoody »

O_o

I bow before your superior bastardry
k8n

Post by k8n »

Pfffft HAHAHA~ man you got me there. Never thought Hisao would be seduced to do that.
When life overpowers death flesh takes form, when death overpowers life bones take form."

~Other Ichigo~
nANDE

Post by nANDE »

A bit... gross. For my tastes. But funny nonetheless. Epic ending, one couls day.
We all are rowing the boat of fate
The waves keep on coming and we can't escape
But if we ever get lost on our way
The waves would guide you through another day