Staggering Harmony - (A2,S15 Updated 12/30/15)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

griffon8

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A1,S16 Update - 2/15/13)

Post by griffon8 »

Yeah, bad idea to double up on the medication. They have warning instructions about that to make it very clear. Though it's not on the bottles of my medication, just included in the literature I get with every prescription. Knew he was asking for trouble doing that.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

griffon8 wrote:Yeah, bad idea to double up on the medication. They have warning instructions about that to make it very clear. Though it's not on the bottles of my medication, just included in the literature I get with every prescription. Knew he was asking for trouble doing that.
Can you blame someone who is "excessively" tired for not paying attention to details? hahaha. I wonder indeed.

Anyways

Hard at work with upcoming content for Act 2.

I'll take some time to answer some story bits while i'm at it.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Staggering Harmony - OC Fanfic
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

I've come back, at the turning of the tide (Or something of that sort, haha)

Anyways just a small update to put up today.

Act 2 or I should say A2 S1 more specificly is getting it's final touches put in place.

I think something I do want to mention is that while Act 1 was set a short time outside KS's timeline, Act 2 and on will be within that timeline, so of course it'll come up that some scenes will be familiar.

While I am telling a story about an OC, I personal believe that his existance in the story would not heavily change what happens within the timeline.
"I look down as I step forward, passing by all those that stare, and hold fear in my heart. I stop and look up, I realize I am not afraid of what others think of me. I am afraid of of what I think of myself."

Zykes

Staggering Harmony - (A2,S1 Update - 3/8/13)

Post by Zykes »

ACT 2Standard Rhythm

Scene 1 Familiar Grounds.

The sound of my heartbeat is the only thing I can sense within the endless black void. Any attempt I make to move my body is in vain, still having no feeling what-so-ever.

I'm unsure how long it's been since I've blacked out. I begin to feel a sense of helplessness envelop me, as my mind starts to become blank, save one last thought.

Is this what it feels like, being dead? I can't believe this happened… There is so much I still wanted to take care of…

The urge to give up seems like an inevitable reality until a new sound catches my attention.

A steady and constant beeping sound. Something that could easily drive the mind into a crazed state, but this is familiar. I know I've heard it somewhere else before, but I have difficulty pin-pointing the exact memory.

I'd sigh if I could, but I'm not sure if I am even breathing. The beeping sound seemed on rhythm with my heartbeat.

It suddenly clicks in my head, the memory of the sound. It's a heart monitor!
Maybe I'm not really dead after all, just at the hospital. I let out a short breath in relief.

The feeling of breathing has returned as well, I'm recovering from whatever had happened.

With each passing moment, my senses slowly start to come back to me, the first of which is my sense of feeling. I am able to subtly move my body, but I don't have full control.

My hearing starts to improve as well, the sound of people talking catches my attention, however, I'm unable to pick up on everything being said.

"…rting to wake up…," are they talking about me?

"…get Doc…..mashita…." I try to focus on the words, but it's still not very clear.
My body feels sort of cold and moving is painful.

The pressure on my eyelids fade away as I slowly open them up, the brightness of the room's light makes me halt the process until I get somewhat adjusted.

Everything I see is blurry for the first minute or so, but as I have more time, everything starts to become clear.

A doctor and a nurse are standing near the bed I'm on. I also notice that I'm hooked up to an I.V.

Before I have chance to speak, the doctor turns to me.

"Mr. Yamashita, how are you feeling?" I feel like being vulgar with the description, but I take a moment to think of a more appropriate way to say it.

"I could be better…," the most basic I could be, as I struggle to sit up a bit more on the bed.

"You could have been much worse off, considering the circumstances," that is a pretty grim thing to say.

"What do you mean…?" my eyes focus on the doctor.

"Considering your condition, the moderate fever you have and the amount of stimulant you had in your system, you could have stopped your heart," anxiety hits me hard, realizing my stupidity, from taking multiple pills. However, the fever is somewhat of a surprise.

"Moderate fever…?"

"Yes, it has been in your system for a few days. I would guess that it probably developed the day before being admitted."

If it happened the day before I passed out, then that means it must have been from being out in the rain with Lilly and Hanako.

But one question lingers in my mind now.

"How long have I been out?" It couldn't have been more than a few hours…right?

"Well, you have been here for about four days now, Mr. Yamashita."

Four Days! That is just crazy. I wonder if anyone back at school is worrying about me…

I don't know, since no one was the last time something like this happened to me. The thought lingers as the doctor seems to realize something.

"Oh, yes… you have a visitor," who could be coming to see me?

The door behind the doctor slowly opens, as I try to peer past him, but this gets me little in result. It seems as if it's just another doctor, but once I pull my eyes up towards her face, I easily recognize her.

…Katsumi…

I quickly look away from her at first as she approaches the bed.

"Are you feeling all right, Hiroshi?" I note her concern, but don't direct my attention towards her.

I can guess she isn't too pleased with the way I'm acting, as she reaches over and flicks me in the forehead.

"Ouch!" I rub my forehead and open my eyes, turning towards Katsumi, with a look of frustration.

"We're here, sleepy head," she giggles softly as I shake my head to get the grogginess out of my system.

It was that dream again, the day I woke up in the hospital. I've had it a lot recently.

I look away from Katsumi and turn to the opposite direction. Yamaku Academy comes into view. It has been about a few weeks since I left.

It is sort of nostalgic, as I step out of the car. Coming back the way I am, is just like the first time I arrived. There is a strong feeling of uncertainty about what to expect. A curious thought starts to come to mind.

Did anyone miss me while I was gone? I hadn't received any messages while at the hospital, so it makes me feel like that isn't the case.

I reach to the gate, the bars felt cold against my hand as I start to step in.

"Hiroshi!" the sudden shout spokes me, as I turn to look at the car.

"Yes, Katsumi…?" she looks somewhat agitated.

"Don't do anything reckless!" I wish she would stop yelling, I'm not that far from her, though I can assume she is just very serious about this.

"I'll call you later tonight, let me know how things go," A small sigh and I give a simple nod and walk through the gate, feeling quite fortunate to have ended the conversation.

The walk to the main building is informative. Stalls lined up along the path let me know I must have just missed a big event on the grounds. Perhaps these stalls are some I've helped with before I left.

A few minutes pass before I notice I'm heavily distracted by this and I move on, occasionally looking back as I reach the door to the main building.

I step inside and glance at my watch. It is about five minutes past the beginning of classes, so it might be problematic to walk into the class unannounced.

My steps are soft as I approach the staircase, looking up at them. I begin to wonder where I should go if I do not go to class right away.

Not a moment after I reach the stairs, the doors behind me open. I quickly look to see who it is.

To my surprise, it's Mutou. I can see the surprise in his face as he notices and approaches me.

"Yamashita, I see your back from the Hospital," I can understand the surprise, seeing no one was given an exact time of my return.

"Uh…yes… I am…," there is a small amount of fortune with Mutou being late today.

Mutou starts to mutter something, though I can't really make it out.

"Yamashita, come with me. We need to get you situated in class, and you'll need to go see the Nurse when you have some free time today," so much to do so suddenly, I am not shocked by it.

Mutou walks ahead of me, and I quietly follow behind. This is a lot like my first day.

I begin to wonder as we get close to the third floor, if Mutou would use my appearance as an excuse for being late, it was a silly thought though. It isn't like he needed an excuse in the first place.

Upon arriving on the hall, a feeling of nervousness hits me hard. I don't know what to say to anyone, but it's not like I really need an introduction.

Reaching the door to 3-3, my heart is beating fast. I am not sure if that's good in any way, but Mutou steps inside, motioning for me to follow along.

I hesitate for a moment, than step into the classroom. A jolting sound comes from the class as they see me walk in.

My steps stop at the center of the room as I turn to everyone. They have a somewhat expected reaction, which is mostly surprise as I gaze across the room. Hanako, Shizune and Misha have the biggest looks of disbelief out of everyone.

Everything feels so familiar, except one male student sitting on the left of Misha. Just from a glance, the only thing I get from him is that he has messy brown hair.

The whole room becomes silent. I suppose they want me to say something.
"Guess I'm back now…"

More silence follows as a pain hits the pit of my stomach. This is very awkward.
I'll never be good at talking to a crowd…
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S1 Update - 3/8/13)

Post by Zykes »

A great deal of OC writing has come up recently, and it is nice to see all this new stuff come up

But one thing I find to be a scary thought, and not that any of the OC writing (even my own) would be pulled at in a negative fashion, but the lack of anything coming from it at all.

anyways, Quick update

Act 2, Scene 2 will be slated for some point early next week.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S1 Update - 3/8/13)

Post by Zykes »

First thing, I like to say is that I am sorry for the long delay on my end, I have been "Overwhelmed" with work and have had little time to get this all up and in order, but I am trying.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S2 Update - 7/9/2013)

Post by Zykes »

Finally back into the flow of things, it seems like it has been forever since I've gotten a part of this story up here, a few months I think. Hopefully I can bring you more of this story a bit more often as my life is starting to "stabilize" now.

Hope you enjoy this!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scene 2 Reunion.

The walk over to my seat does nothing to reduce the awkward feeling that flows throughout my body. If I hadn’t noticed myself already past the first row of desks, I would never have realized that I was moving.

As I come up to the second row of desks, I glance over at Hanako. She was staring at me, but like always, once we made eye contact, she turned away.

I shouldn’t have expected anything different from her I suppose.

The thought fades from my mind as I reach the back of the classroom and take my seat. The pressure of being stared at slowly disappears.

I stare at the desk for a few seconds then close my eyes. A soft breath escapes my lips as I think about the day.

No sooner from the moment I shut my eyes, what I can only describe as the loudest sound I’ve ever heard flies out of Misha’s mouth.

“HIIIIIIROOOOOOSHIIIIIIII!” The thought would have never crossed my mind that it was possible for her voice to get any louder, but I was clearly wrong.

“Yes… Misha…?” I felt slightly disorientated as I focus on her.

“Welcome Back!” she giggles in a playful manner, as Shizune turns around to show her interest in my return as well.

The look on her face is hard to describe. I would say happy, but it also looks sad. I don’t understand it, but I give her a smile anyway.

Shizune and Misha begin to sign to each other as I look over to my left, noticing an unfamiliar male glancing over in our direction.

Was he curious about me, or perhaps my relation to Shizune and Misha?

I don’t recall anyone else spending time with them. However, I can barely remember whose part of the class by name, so I won’t trust my memory on this.

Before I have a chance to say something to Shizune and Misha, they turn back around in their seats.

I was curious about what happened, but once I noticed Mutou placing papers onto each desk, the facts came to light.

We’re having a test…

A heavy sigh leaves my lips, as I resisted the strong urge to groan out of frustration.

Why? Why must there be a test on my first day back….

Thoughts of how life isn’t fair swarm over me, as I try to find some kind of rationalization to this event. Only when the test hits my desk does my mind return to reality.

I lift up my pencil, beginning the test once Mutou calls it. There is little hope in my mind once I read the first question.

\\\\\\\\\\

The bell rings at what seems like an unusually pace. Maybe being gone for so long makes everything different than from what I’m able to recall.

Each test is picked up quickly, and brought up to the front. Missing three questions at the end of it makes me wish there was another ten minutes to class, which is quite an outrageous thing to think about.

The idea of hitting my head against the desk feels like it would be appropriate, considering that Katsumi had constantly told me to study while I was at the hospital.

I’m sure regret not studying.

The guy sitting next to Misha heads out of the room rather quickly. I wonder what he’s in a hurry for. I turn my attention to the other side of the class, which is about half empty now.

Hanako isn’t at her seat, which makes me wonder if she left before the bell rang.
Guess I’ll head down to lunch.

I get my desk cleared and stand up. Only a few steps away from my seat and suddenly I feel my arm being grabbed from behind.

“Hiroshi, let’s have lunch together!” Misha’s voice sounded innocent, though it doesn’t make me feel very well.

“Sure…?” I chuckle softly, not wanting to make any effort to resist. The test was already draining enough.

“Good!” suddenly I can feel four palms against my back as both Shizune and Misha push me towards the door.

I quickly look behind at both of them.

“H-hey! There is no need for this…,” I can’t tell if they are being playful or serious about this, though I will assume the former.

My words go unheeded as we reach the staircase. They finally stop pushing, as I walk with a weight of defeat on my shoulders.

They give a small amount of space as we walk down, though move in close on each new floor. I guess they think I might make a run for it, if they don’t keep me on a close leash.

It is tempting….

The thought fades from mind as we finally arrive in the cafeteria. It’s a lot quieter than I recall, though the festival the day before could have something to do with it.

I grab the first tray that is within reach and walk to what I feel is our usually spot. My guess seems spot on, as they sit before I do.

There is a silence hanging over the table as we begin to eat. This is nothing new on Shizune’s part, but is quite surprising from Misha.

I try to change the odd vibe, having one thought linger since the beginning of class.

“Who is the guy that sits next to you Misha?” there isn’t much eye contact between us, as I don’t wish to give off a feeling that it bothered me.

“Oh, do you mean Hicchan?” Misha using a nickname makes me feel that they are pretty close already.

“Hicchan?” If I was going to find out anything else, I need to try to ask more questions.

“His name is Hisao Nakai. He just arrived about a week ago as a transfer.” The similarities between him and me are starting to stack up.

Misha pauses for a moment, as Shizune begins to sign to her.

My eyes focus on the table before I am given a slight nudge by Shizune. I guess I must have been making a face, as both of them looked concerned.

“He is a nice guy from what we can tell, though it does feel like he hasn’t really opened up yet,” I don’t know if they are only telling me this to make me feel better, but I take it at face value as I finish up my food, wanting to keep my mind on more positive things.

Shizune and Misha finish a few minutes after I do and we drop of the trays, heading back up to the classroom. At first, I walk slowly up the stairs, but soon both of them begin to push me up in a hurry.

“Let’s not walk all moody and slow up the stairs Hiroshi…,” Misha’s voice is loud and cheerful.

Honestly, it does make me feel better, even if just a little.

As the three of us reach the third floor, I realize that I don’t feel winded at all. Maybe this has to do with them pushing me, but I can’t be sure.

I shrug the thought from mind as we enter the class room. As soon as we pass the threshold of the doorway, Shizune and Misha speed up to their desks. I casually walk over to my seat and plop myself down.

A few minutes seem to pass like seconds as I get myself ready for the next class.

Just as I get myself in order the class bell rings. No sooner does the bell finish ringing, Hisao walk in the room, shortly followed by Hanako.

This grabs my attention for a moment, since Hanako usually comes into class a little late.

I can feel an uncomfortable pause within my body as a moment later, the instructor steps into the room.

….I hope there isn’t another test….
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirage_GSM

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S2 Update - 7/9/13)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

To be absolutely honest, this chapter feels like you simply wanted to get it done with and posted.
There are so many grammar and tense mistakes that some passages are almost unintelligible.
Please put some effort in editing or get a proofreader.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S2 Update - 7/9/13)

Post by Zykes »

Just a quick update on my end

About 2 weeks ago or so, I broke my hand, so that has stopped my writing for now

that is all.

Zykes

Staggering Harmony - (A2,S3 Update - 9/27/13)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 3 Brothers in Arms…?

My head is becoming very familiar with the top of the desk, as I wait for the last few minutes of class to pass.

It doesn’t help at all, trying to imagine a clock moving quickly. If anything it only makes everything take longer.

I let out a short breath, feeling as if I couldn’t focus on anything else. A horrible first day back….just maybe…..

Like something on a spring, I jump out of my seat as soon as the bell begins to ring. The only thing on my mind is my bed and a long time to lie down.

I squeeze by two other classmates as I slide through the door, hoping to not get pulled back Shizune and Misha.

A quick scan of the hallway lets me know that I got some room to move, a benefit of being one of the first to leave the class.

My steps are light against the floor as I head over to the staircase. Each footstep seems to go by quickly, despite not rushing.

The unsettling feeling in my gut just won’t quit. Why am I being like this now? I try to piece it together, hoping for an answer.

Maybe I don’t feel like I’ve really come back and this is just a dream…

I shrug the idea from my mind and as I return my focus to where I’m walking. I notice that I’m already at the main entrance. There is then a moment of hesitation as I push the doors open, wondering how I didn’t fall over when I wasn’t paying attention.

The sun is partly covered by clouds as I move onto the pathway. I take a deep breath, soaking in the fresh air.

Hopefully, the rest of the day will be a bit more enjoyable.

About half way towards the dorms, I notice two students, a boy and a girl. The girl has a cane leaning on the side of the bench; she must have some difficulty walking. The boy has his eyes closed the whole time he is talking with the girl. It makes me wonder if he is just like Lilly.

I realize that I’ve been staring at them too long and I turn away, and continue to walk.

Despite what they have to deal with, they both seem quite happy. They must be a couple, or at least good friends.

I reflect on my friendships up to this point. I haven’t even given a word to Lilly or Hanako since I’ve come back, I should try to, as soon as I can. Shizune and Misha seemed pretty happy with me back, though I am sure they might have some work for me.

With Shizune in mind, my memory from the day I passed out resurfaces. I can see her face, she was….crying…?

….Why was she crying….?

The thought is interrupted, as I feel a firm tap on my shoulder. I shake my head a bit and turn around. To my surprise, it’s Hisao.

“Hey, you’re Hiroshi, right?” I’m flabbergasted that anyone would approach me, outside of the friends I already have.

“Umm…, yes I am…, you’re Hisao, If I remember correctly,” The only two images that pop into mind is that he sits near me and that he hangs out with Hanako.

There is a small pause, which I can only guess was that we expected the other to say something first.

Hisao is quick to recover the pace of the conversation.

“Hanako brought you up when we had lunch with Lilly. I was surprised by how talkative she was,” I let his words sink in.

“Did she now…?” This makes me feel bad for not saying anything to her today.

“Yeah, she also wanted to invite you to lunch tomorrow, but you kind of ran out of the class,” he appears to be focused on me.

“Guess I did…,” I softly chuckle as I rub the back of my head.

“I’ll be sure to let her know than, about joining all of you tomorrow,” some of the tension inside of me fades away.

I press my hand against the door of the dormitory, as I turn back again to look at Hisao.

“So, how long have you known Lilly and Hanako?”

I’m not too fond of asking a lot of question, but this feels important enough to bother to ask.

“Well, I’ve only been here a little over a week now, so not too long.” Just a nod from me, is enough to let him know I understand.

We walk inside now, as I try to think of a few other things to ask.

I’m still bad at this…

Hisao speaks up, though he seems like it wasn’t without reluctance.

“Lilly said that, we might get along well, since we are similar. Do you know what she means by that?”

Lilly is always playing the role of mastermind behind these kinds of things. I resist the urge to laugh at the idea.

I look at Hisao and try to give it some serious thought, though aside from our appearance, nothing really stands out.

“Well, maybe she thinks we look alike,” I give only that first thought, as I would want more time to privately figure out that statement.

“I guess so,” we both laugh almost in unison, which makes the moment even more ridiculous.

Suddenly, a new voice almost shouts from close proximity.

“Is that you, bro?” I turn towards the source, though not before noticing a change in Hisao’s expression.

“Yeah…, what’s going on Kenji?”

I look upon the guy standing in front of us, his black, untidy hair and thick glasses stick out like a sore thumb.

“Hmm…, who is this here?” Even before I have a chance to introduce myself, he moves up too close for comfort.

“I’m… umm… Hiro…shi…,” doesn’t he understand personal space?

“So you are one of the new guys, right?” just a single waft of his breath almost made me choke, it was awful to say the least.

“What are you talking about?” Hisao seems to be signaling me to not continue.

“You know, another brother in arms, against our common enemy!” the level of excitement does make me curious about what he is talking about.

“who exactly is our common enemy?” I can feel how hard Hisao rolls his eyes at this point, feeling like I must have stepped on a land mine.

“The Feminist, you should know, they are...” Those first words hit me hard, as my attention on them fades quickly.

What the hell is wrong with this guy? Why is he just going on and on…?

I drown my mind with random thoughts about food and sleep, then it occurs to me. Why isn’t Hisao trying to help stop this?

I think only a few minutes have gone by as Kenji’s voice overwhelms me.

“It’s good to see that you understand all this, I was worried. Well, I got to get going, have to make more preparations!” In the moment, I sigh in relief as he walks away from us.

I turn to Hisao at this point, as if looking for answers.

“Don’t even ask…,” I guess that’s the best I’m going to get.

“Okay…, guess I’ll see you tomorrow than Hisao,” I still feel a bit awkward after dealing with Kenji, so I don’t do much else but tilt my head a bit.

“Yeah, see you,” I wave at him as I go further down the hall into my room.

The shift to relaxing isn’t going to be an easy one, I know.

Once inside, I drop face first into the bed, and think over the events of the day.

“Yeah….pretty horrible day….not completely though..., I think…?”I guess making a new friend lightened up the day…

There is only a feeling for tomorrow and having lunch with the group.

Good night world.

I close my eyes and not too long after, everything fades…
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zykes

Re: Staggering Harmony - (A2,S4 Update - 10/14/13)

Post by Zykes »

Scene 4Soothing Sentiment

Tap Tap Tap…

Huh, what is that?

Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap…

Why is this sound so loud and annoying!

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP………BANG!

Suddenly my eyes shoot wide open as I stare around the room. All I see is the class staring at me as Mutou looks down at me. His book was on top of the desk, a clear indication to me what the bang was.

"I see that the material is this relaxing Yamashita. So I can assume you will pass the exam with high marks next week?" I rub the back of my head nervously.

"…Sorry…," some soft chuckling comes from across the other side of the room.

Mutou grabs his book from the desk and heads back to the front of the class, leaving me with a slight sense of shame.

The notes on the board are helpful enough to catch up on what I dozed off through.

As much as I did not want any more attention after my awakening, Misha and Shizune turn back slyly.

"Psst… did you not sleep last night Hiroshi?" shrugging is the best I can do to answer, too concerned with not wanting more of Mutou's direct attention.

Misha is however, very persistent on getting me to speak.

"I bet that's what happened, you were up all night thinking about how you missed us, wahahaha," somehow she knows how to make her laugh noticeable to me, but not to Mutou.

A sigh leaves my lips as I want to yell at her. The urge disappears as the bell rings for lunch.

I quickly move from the desk and out of the class into the hallway.

My heart starts to pound uncomfortably as I pace near the staircase.

"Hey Hiroshi," I turn around, seeing Hisao standing there.

"Oh…, what's up Hisao?" The frustration I felt fades from within me somewhat.

"Are you still joining us for lunch?" It then dawns upon me, that I had already forgotten about it.

"Oh right! Well, let's get going than," A quick stretch of my arms and a slight yawn, as Hisao leads the way.

I think back to yesterday, remembering Hisao's words.

How much did they really miss me? There isn't really anything special that stands out, is there? I've only known them for about a week.

These thoughts are depressing, and I can feel my expression starting to match that internal sentiment.

The empty classroom that brings up the memory of the first time I fully met Lilly and Hanako. It feels the same, a sense of uncertainty lingering, as Hisao steps inside.

I pause and take in a deep breath and step inside as well.

The room is well-lit, considering the time of day, though what pulls my attention is Lilly and Hanako sitting at the table.

"H-Hiroshi…," Hanako's words are soft, which puts me on edge.

Lilly turns towards both Hisao and I. She must have honed in on the sound of door. She is as sharp as I can remember.

There is a pause from Lilly, as if she was trying to find the right words.

"Hiroshi, it is wonderful that you have returned," she smiles so brightly, it made the sun look dim by comparison.

Not a single world comes to mind for me, though it is simple to reply to.

A nudge from Hisao, helps me get my mind back on focus. However, I'm glad for the assistance.

"…I'm glad that I'm back, it's… great to see both of you…," It felt as if I was lying, even though, it is how I truly feel.

Hisao moves to join them, as I glance at Hanako for a moment. She quickly turns her gaze away as our eyes meet. Not so reassuring to say the least.

Hisao had sat next to Lilly, so I took the spot next to Hanako.

"It was worrying news, when you left, Hiroshi. More so when we had heard nothing about you for weeks," another guilty feeling hit me.

I had felt I should have written a letter, while I was in the hospital, but I couldn't remember the address exactly. It was embarrassing; I didn't even bother to ask Katsumi about it.

"I'm so sorry for that…, I should have sent something… I..," Lilly is quick to cut of my guilt ridden explanation.

"There is no need; we understand it was a trying time for you. We are happy that you are feeling better, isn't that right Hanako?" I look at Hanako now.

"Y-yes, …very happy…," A slight rose tint appears on Hanako's cheeks, as she looks at the table.

I don't know what it is was exactly, but I couldn't help smile now.

"Happy doesn't begin to describe the feeling in this room yesterday, the way these two talked about you…," Hisao was quick to change the pace of the conversation. Lilly on the other hand, seemed embarrassed by it.

"Oh my, Hisao, you're quite observant with those kinds of details, aren't you?" Lilly placed her palm upon her cheek, also blushing slightly.

I couldn't help but feel that way too. It was really odd for anyone to think of me at such a level.

There is a silence for about a minute.

"So, shall we begin our lunch together?" Lilly pulls the reins to get things back on course.

The layout of the food is pretty basic on the table. We all slowly eat at this point.

"Have you been able to re-adjust to Yamaku, Hiroshi?" Lilly had sipped her tea that Hanako had just filled for us.

"More or less," The tea-cup felt light as I took a sip. It tastes like Vanilla, I think.

"That is good to hear," She chuckles, which always is an ease to any negative feeling in the room.

"Though you sure had your fill of Misha yesterday," Hisao does have a knack for bringing up these small details.

"Sure, but that is just her way of showing she cares," I truly want to believe that is the case, as I work through the rest of the meal.

Hanako starts to fidget, though I doesn't seem like she is upset or bothered.

Lilly seems to understand it however, as she gives a joyous smile.

"Hiroshi…?" Hanako turns towards me, looking very nervous all of a sudden.

"Yes, is something up Hanako?" I try to keep a positive smile as look at her, though she is quick to avoid any direct eye contact.

"I-I want you to have… this," she pulls out a muffin from a small box.

"Oh…, thank you Hanako" I take the muffin from her and look at it, feeling a bit nervous as I take a moment to think about the gift.

I take a quick, decent bite out of it and let the flavor sink in.

"…Wow, this is really good…!" Hanako blushes and turns away.

"S-so, you l-like it…?" she seemed to have a hard time to get that all out.

I nod at her as I continue to eat it, enjoying every bite.

"Hanako made that for you when she saw you were back," Lilly fills in the blanks to the story.

"Really, well this is great, thank you Hanako…," I finish up the muffin now, as I savior the feeling of enjoyment.

"Y-you're welcome…, Hiroshi…," Hanako would move very slightly in her seat, as she turned back towards everyone.

If I had said I was in a bad mood, no one would believe me now, as I feel light as air.

"Hiroshi, we are going to the Shanghai after class, it would be wonderful if you could join us?" I couldn't help but nod almost instantly from when she asks.

"Definitely!" my eagerness surprises me.

"…I mean, yes, I would like to join…," I look down, feeling self-conscious about my outburst.

"Lovely, let us all meet up in front of the main gate," Lilly looks satisfied with the decision.

With that thought in mind, I look back at my food. The last piece sitting in the box doesn't look too appealing.

I guess I won't eat that than.

A simple tap from my finger is enough to push the box to the center of the table as I look up towards Lilly and Hisao.

He's starting really hard at his watch.

"Something up, Hisao?" he hasn't said much, since making his comment about Misha.

"Well, it's almost time for class," though he is correct, the tone he used was a bit odd.

"How time flies when you are enjoying yourself, don't you agree Hanako?" I guess time isn't an issue on Lilly's end.

"Yes, it does…," Hanako timidly agrees as Hisao and I begin to clear the table.

We are able to clean up everything in short order as Lilly and Hanako are the first to leave the room. I follow them out, with Hisao close behind.

"Have a good rest of the day, Hanako," Lilly embraces Hanako for a moment. I can see something akin to mother and child, but I must just be over thinking it.

"Catch you later, Lilly," she pulls her cane out and heads down to the other end of the hallway.

The three of us turn once Lilly enters her class to head into ours.

Hanako and Hisao move inside quickly, as I stop where I stand for a moment.

I wonder what the Shanghai is like.

I try to imagine it vividly; however the bell starts to ring.

A strong feeling of panic hits me as I stumble into the class room, almost tripping over my foot.

…too close!
Last edited by Zykes on Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

A few homophone problems:
I finish up the muffin now, as I savior the feeling of enjoyment.
I think you meant "savour".
then
A case of autocorrectitis?
A lot better than scene two, though.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Mirage_GSM wrote:A few homophone problems:
I finish up the muffin now, as I savior the feeling of enjoyment.
I think you meant "savour".
then
I'll be honest and say that 1 and 3 was just misspelling on my end and not noticing.
Then/Than is something that I always mix up and try to avoid. Hahaha.
A case of autocorrectitis?
A lot better than scene two, though.
I'll be honest and say that 1 and 3 was just misspelling on my end and not noticing.
Then/Than is something that I always mix up and try to avoid. Hahaha.

I would also assume it was, I felt that A2,S2 really was a patch job over the course of 4 months. Now I got the flow for the story back, so it should run a bit more smoothly.

Solistor

Post by Solistor »

Enjoying the story so far. Hanako's characterization feels a bit off, and it's something of a rough read, but overall I like it. I like how Hiroshi contrasts with Hisao, and yet at the same time parallels with him. Looking forward to the rest of it.
Zykes

Post by Zykes »

Just a bit here, Sorry I haven't gotten things up like I said I would, but my Final Projects have been kicking my butt (a few 10+ page ones to be exact)

Once they are out of the way, I will get back on this :O