Behind my Scars [Updated to: Chapter 6]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sapphire

Behind my Scars [Updated to: Chapter 6]

Post by Sapphire »

Hello, all Katawa Shoujo readers and fans. Having read the FAQ, I determined that a pure introduction thread was frowned upon. Therefore, I decided to integrate it into this, my first post, that is also a teaser for a fanfiction that I am going to be writing from Hanako's perspective, which will pick up on the relationship between Hanako and Hisao where KS left off.

I have a lot of experience in writing, which I don't think is entirely uncommon for fanfiction writers, but I'm no J.K. Rowling by any stretch.

Here's hoping that first person from Hanako's perspective isn't overdone:

--------------------------------

I look up from my novel, but just barely; I like to think I have managed to make stealthy glances over the top of my books over the years, but somehow I think Hisao still notices. I only flicked my eyes up for a moment, but his eyes snap to mine as if by reflex.

“Something on your mind, Hanako?” Hisao asks as his brow quirks upward.

“N...N-Not really...” I say. He does not look convinced.

“Well if there is, you know you can tell me, right?”

“O-Of course...” Our eyes lock. My cheeks flush red near instantly. Even though we have been dating for some time now, my entire body still quakes with affection, and my heart still pulls for me to move closer to him every time we are near.

Yet something always inhibits me. That feeling inside that I am always imposing. That his book is more important than I. That...I do not have the right to act on the feelings that threaten to burst out of my chest each time our eyes lock. I am giving him ‘the’ look again. The look that always makes his face twist with confusion and curiosity, as if he is trying to peer into my heart and see what I’m feeling. Oh, how I wish he could.

“Er...H-Hanako?” His voice snaps me out of the trance that was induced by his eyes. I manage a smile and subconsciously fold the corner in the current page of my book, close it, and set it down as I stand from the beanbag chair. I move over to him, slide into his lap and loop my arms around his neck as the world around me flutters closed just as my eyes.

He does not say anything, only loops his arms around my waist, tucks my head under his chin and takes a deep breath through his nose as it buries in my hair. His body is warm. It always has been. And this is what makes me sure that some day, I will never have to leave this spot.

“I love you, Hisao.” Free of stutters. A first for me.

“I love you too, Hanako.” And...I trust him. I really, really do.

--------------------------

There is the teaser. If you're interested in that, then by all means, continue reading into chapter 1. Mind, chapter 1 picks up right where KS's good arc for Hanako leaves off.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4 Contains mature content.

Chapter 5

Chapter 6
Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 am, edited 9 times in total.
Behind my Scars - My Hanako epilogue. Work in progress.~

"Why do I write?...Why do I breathe?"
Tormound

Re: Behind my scars - Teaser

Post by Tormound »

Nice teaser
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

Tormound wrote:Nice teaser
Thank you very much. I will be putting the first chapter up when it is completed...Should be either later today or tomorrow, depending on polish and general life-getting-in-the-way-of-things. >->

Tormound

Post by Tormound »

Sapphire wrote:
Thank you very much. I will be putting the first chapter up when it is completed...Should be either later today or tomorrow, depending on polish and general life-getting-in-the-way-of-things. >->
Excellent. Never would have thought that it will come out that quickly.
Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

qft
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

Tormound wrote:
Sapphire wrote:
Excellent. Never would have thought that it will come out that quickly.
What can I say? I have quick fingers.~
Brogurt wrote:
qft
Even though I had to look up what that means, thank you! ^^;

Oh dear. My forum newbiness is showing.

Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

~Behind my scars, Chapter 1: I love him.

His lips are soft. It isn’t the first time we’ve kissed, but this time feels more natural...More sincere. All the while, a huge smile is plastered across my lips, and my cheeks are a deep rose. Other people are watching, and the distinct click of a cell phone camera resonates through the mid-afternoon air.

But I don’t care.

I love Hisao, and that is all that matters. His lips return with the full affection that I hoped for. Our kiss lingers, but not nearly as long as I wish it would. Our lips part, and I push my head under his chin. Then my confidence fades. It took everything I had built up from earlier to kiss him like that, and now the eyes of the others around me feel all the more invasive.

“U..Uhm...I didn’t tell you b-before...b-but...I-I...” This is harder than I thought.

“Y..You?” Hisao is audibly out of breath. My breathing isn’t exactly calm, either.

“I l-l..L-lo...love you...t-too...” There. I voiced how I feel...But there’s no reply. Did I say it too quietly? Was the timing awkward? Oh no, I–

“Music to my ears, Hanako.” My lips curl into another smile and tears sting at my eyes. The world around me vanishes in a cloud of euphoria once more. I can stay in his arms and not worry about the eyes that have been lingering on the two of us for a lot longer than I would assume is socially acceptable.

He doesn’t say anything more, but takes my hand and begins leading me toward the school again. I move a bit faster to get to his side and look up to see him smiling pleasantly. He looks back at me with that smile, and I can do nothing but return it. For the first time since I’ve known Hisao, there lingers a silence between us that is neither awkward or unwanted. We walk in silence, basking in the content feeling that there is, for once, nothing that need be said between us.

I can’t help but hum a little to an upbeat tune as we walk up the winding road to Yamaku.

*~*~*

“The two of you are dating now? My my, that’s quite the development, Hanako.” The phone is pressed a bit tightly to my reddening cheek.

“Y-Yeah...I...I rushed to my phone as soon as he left for his dorm so I could tell you.” I didn’t want him to go, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t anxious to tell Lilly. And, I made it just in time to meet curfew.

“You’re sweet, Hanako. But, you didn’t invite Hisao over to your dorm for the night?” I freeze. Yes, we’ve slept together once. But Lilly will find that out another day. And that doesn’t mean we’ll be sleeping together every night!

“A-Ah...Y-you don’t think I w-would...upset him by not o-offering...d-do you?” Lilly’s giggle is all the answer I need.

“Of course not. Doing so would be highly inappropriate and against school policies. Kind of like having alcohol on someone’s birthday.” That’s a memory I’d rather live without.

“A...Um...” I think Lilly is having too much fun at my expense.

“Oh Hanako, you know I’m only kidding. You should be very happy about your newfound love. Does anyone else know yet?”

“I...I w-wouldn’t know. I-I’ve only told you, in any case...” And there were those other people in town, but...Here’s hoping they keep to themselves. Lilly seems pleased at my answer, but goes silent. Suddenly, a knock at the door. “A-ah! I’ll c-call you tomorrow, Lilly. I think I have company.” Click. I heard her - although barely - voicing her goodbye before my phone snapped shut.

I was right. I do have company. The shadow on the other side of the door is visibly masculine.

“It’s me, Hanako. I...” ...Hisao came to see me...My cheeks are hot and red again. “I couldn’t sleep.”

I open the door, concern visible on my face. I don’t open my door a sliver beforehand like normal. Swung wide, the door offers no obstruction to my view of Hisao.

“Hi...sao...A-are you okay?” He nods.

“I just couldn’t get you out of my head,” He moves a bit closer to me. I don’t back away. My legs want to give out, though. “I’m happy that no staff saw me leaving into the girl’s dorm after curfew. They’re usually all over.” He’s just making small talk, but it helps put my mind at ease. His tone isn’t sad, like I thought it might have been from his initial words. He seems relieved to see me...And I him.

I step aside, smiling from behind the veil of violet that is my hair. He steps in and takes off his shoes, moving them aside. I close the door and lock it. Before I can turn around, his arms are around me. The sudden contact makes me jump reflexively, but I’m quick to settle and lean back against him. My cell phone is still in my hand, and the small strap that Hisao bought me dangles freely, occasionally brushing against my nightgown.

Suddenly, I’m being pulled to the bed. I don’t resist, but my footing fumbles a little at first. Hisao chuckles, only serving to add to my embarrassment.

“Shall we?” He asks, gesturing to the bed.

I don’t know what to say. What does he mean? Does he want me to strip naked again? I don’t know if I can do that. I...It’s too much to handle in one day. Telling him I love him...Recovering from the swell of emotions that had built up inside me. Coming to terms with the loss of my virginity and deciding that...It really is okay, because it is with him. I...I...I know! I’ll just lay in the bed. Then I’ll gauge his reaction, hoping that he’ll strip me so I won’t have to do it myself. I’ll also be able to stop him if I feel like I’m not ready...I think. I don’t have time to think about this!

I lay down after slipping out of his arms and pull the blankets over me. I can’t meet his eyes, and my cheeks are furiously red. My heart pounds as I await his touch. Will he start on my neck? Maybe my sides...Ahhh. The anticipation is the worst. I just need him to...Wait.

“Good night, Hanako.” I blink. He slipped into bed, pulled the covers over himself, and pulled me against him. His eyes are closed. He looks entirely relaxed...Then, he just wanted to sleep with me, and not ‘sleep’ with me?

“I...You’re g-going to bed?”

“Er...Yeah. Unless you wanted me to stay up and chat for a bit?” I shake my head, smiling.

“Good night, Hisao.” He chuckles again and gives me a little squeeze. Unfortunately, he doesn’t leave it at that, and he looks at me inquisitively.

“Hold on...Then...What were you..?”

-Ch.1, Fin.

Back to chapter index.
Last edited by Sapphire on Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tormound

Re: Behind my scars [Updated to: Chapter 1]

Post by Tormound »

Interesting development.....Continue
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

Tormound wrote:Interesting development.....Continue
Thank you. I fully intend to continue.~ I'm glad your interest was piqued by this opening chapter.

Brogurt

Post by Brogurt »

Keep going please
All of the ongoing hanako epilogues are on some kind of hiatus, mine included since I'm such a lazy fuck, and I need my fix
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

Brogurt wrote:Keep going please
All of the ongoing hanako epilogues are on some kind of hiatus, mine included since I'm such a lazy fuck, and I need my fix
So I'm not the only one whose affection for Hanako is a drug, eh? That's comforting. In any case, I'll likely have the second chapter done either 5am tonight, or...Mid day tomorrow. Depends on whether or not my body is willing to allow sleep tonight because the percentage of caffeine in my system may or may not exceed 90%.

Surprisingly, the 5 am version would probably be of higher quality.

kw343

Post by kw343 »

As long as the quality is good this cannot be overdone, and the quality of your story so far is definitely good.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

All of the ongoing hanako epilogues are on some kind of hiatus, mine included since I'm such a lazy fuck, and I need my fix.
Preferably in small bite-sized dosages suitable for quick and easy digestion between five o' clock and supper, I presume? :mrgreen:
So I'm not the only one whose affection for Hanako is a drug, eh? That's comforting.
I suppose what makes Hanako's route fairly suitable for fanfic-followups is the fact that it ends at the point where Hisao and Hanako start dating while for most other girls, there's usually two more acts to go at that point.
I don't believe so. There's several Hanako epilogues out there, but from what I could tell, most are from Hisao's perspective.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Sapphire

Post by Sapphire »

Guest Poster wrote:
I don't believe so. There's several Hanako epilogues out there, but from what I could tell, most are from Hisao's perspective.
+1 to me for creativity? :D

kw343 wrote:
As long as the quality is good this cannot be overdone, and the quality of your story so far is definitely good.
Why thank you.~

I think everyone shall be pleased to know that I'm starting the next chapter now after I find something to wake me up. Even though it's 3pm. Me? Lazy? Whaaaaa?

DaGarver

Post by DaGarver »

This is good stuff so far. Short, sweet. I like it.

Question: It's implied that the opening part of the chapter takes place right at the end of Hanako's finale CG. Isn't that their actual first kiss? Your opening sentence says otherwise, but I think the canon is that it's the first one.
Sapphire wrote:
Guest Poster wrote:
+1 to me for creativity? :D
There have been a few who have written scenes from Hanako's point of view (myself, Guest, and that guy, at minimum), but never a full epilogue from her perspective.