Former Sisterhood thread

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Mirage_GSM

Re: Sisterhood (Hanako Epilogue) (Completed)

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Darklord13 wrote:Ty for letting me know about that, but has he decided WHEN he will write the next? :)
He hasn't even decided if he will write a "next"
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Lant47

Post by Lant47 »

Gotta say, it's a brilliant fanfic and a perfect way to expand the original ending.
Everything has its time and everything dies.
Ninth Doctor
"Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean there isn't an invisible demon about to eat your face." -Harry Dresden
"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly certain it's up to no good."
ParagonTerminus

Post by ParagonTerminus »

Oh god.

This is the best fanfic I've ever read.

Like, it actually gace me more feels than Hanako's canon route. When Hanako said she was breaking up with Hisao, I felt like I had been gut-punched.

And that ending... That ending made me smile uncontrollably.

Thank you for this masterpiece.
The best feeling in the world (FTL)

I am legitimately the only member of this website who unconditionally despises Kenji.
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Happy to hear you enjoyed it.
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
Matigno

Post by Matigno »

I like to consider myself as a big fanfic reader. I started two years ago, and read billions of words about films, series and games. But this ? It must be part of my final top 10. I find stories good when they manage to make me react, when I want to talk about them and share them. Yours made me feel something. I even made an account to tell you this was the best KS fanfic I ever saw.
And I don't believe it needs to be continued. Your epilogue brings me the closure I always wanted after finishing Hanako's route, my favorite btw.

So thanks, and great job. I'll remember you, if you ever want to write something else.
King of Beasts

Post by King of Beasts »

I believe everyone's said their piece about this marvelous fanfic, but there's some things I wanna add.

You marvelously captured the essence of each character, quirks and all, and somehow made them grow even more than they already had in the canon. You made me feel like I was reading Katawa Shoujo all over again, reading that continuation to Hanako's path that I really wanted to see. For that, and for putting it all together in a well constructed story, I say thank you. Thank you for taking me on this rollercoaster of emotions, and I hope to see more of your work.

P.S Made this account SPECIFICALLY to comment on this fanfiction. Might just write one on this forum when I feel confident enough.
tsunami_state

Post by tsunami_state »

Dear Guest Poster,

I have enjoyed this fanfic 2 years ago, and after rereading it, it's still one of the best Hanako or Katawa Shoujo fanfics for me :D
And now I have this huge urge to share it with the others. Now I'm translating it into Russian, and I'm asking for your permission to post it online.
I'm planning to post it on Fanfiction.net and VK.com (Facebook for CIS countries) Katawa Shoujo group.

Obviously I will credit you and embed a link to this thread :)
Last edited by tsunami_state on Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hanako & Lilly - The Heartwreckers
Emi & Rin - The WTF takers
Shizune & Misha - The Sexy ones *woflwhistle*

Hanako = Lilly >= Emi >= Shizune
No Rin 'cuz didn't play her route yet o_O
Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

And tsunami_state: I'm...not really sure why anyone would want to translate a fanfic into another language while the work it's based on isn't available in that language. (and as far as I know, KS has no Russian translation) Sisterhood is a fanfic and it requires people to be intimately familiar with the VN. (at least familiar enough to know the plot of both Hanako's and Lilly's route) If people from Russia aren't familiar with KS or don't know enough English to have enjoyed it, they're not gonna enjoy this story either. If they WERE familiar enough with the English language to enjoy Katawa Shoujo and experience its emotional impact, then they'll also be familiar enough with the English language to enjoy the story in its original form. So I don't really get why anyone would focus on a fanfic. If you want to translate, why not try to translate KS Act 1 or so first?
Sisterhood: True Edition. Hanako epilogue I wrote. Now expanded with additional chapters.
bhtooefr

Post by bhtooefr »

KS Act 1 actually already is available in Russian (Русский in the list of languages available), and there is an official Russian translation project for the rest...
bhtooefr's one-shot and drabble thread
Enjoy The Silence - Sequel to All I Have (complete)
Enough is enough! I have had it with these motherfucking zombies on this motherfucking forum!
tsunami_state

Post by tsunami_state »

@Guest Poster
VK.com KS group has developed the unofficial translation patch, which as for now completely translates the game and updates time to time, fixing mistakes and bugs (recently 1.4 version was released).
As far as I know, the group that supposed to make the official translation stopped existing (Last update from the site was a year ago). 4 Leaf put rather harsh conditions on translation inclusion into the release (only groups that successfully translated Act 1 can submit them). So "bootleg" translation was made.

Guest Poster

Post by Guest Poster »

Well, I can't really stop you, though I still think it'd make more sense to wait until a full translation is available. I can't imagine anyone reading a piece that spoils gigantic parts of the full routes.
tsunami_state

Post by tsunami_state »

Guest Poster wrote:wait until a full translation is available
It's already available and in its 4th edition. It's just not official, 'cuz sub group that was supposed to make official one disbanded.
I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear first time around.

NotHanako

Post by NotHanako »

I wish I had your talents with writing in order to correctly stat exactly how.. fulfilling this was. I am, however, inspired to try.

Preface:
I recently began reading KS around 3 or 4 days ago (I feel like I've been missing out on so much in my lateness to reading it).
I was not prepared. I did not realize the commitment I had made upon pressing "Start." I don't use the phrase "Life Changing" very often, but I use it now.

On topic:
Immediately I knew without a doubt that Hanako would hold a very special place in my heart. Reading through her story in KS solidified that. When I finished Hanako's path in KS, I became extremely depressed. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved every moment of her story, but it felt short and cut off. I felt like her relationship with Lilly was not 100% sound due to her outburst in the bad ending. I wanted to feel Lilly's reaction to Hanako and Hisao's relationship. I wanted to know what influence Hisao would have on her future, since I felt she had no grasp on what the future held for her. There was so much more that was left blank.

You've filled those gaps. You've filled those gaps in a beautiful, heart-wrenching fashion deserving of all of the tears and emotions I experienced in both your writing and KS itself.
Thank you. I just.. can't show enough appreciation for the closure and fulfillment reading this has given.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this, and giving us all another taste of the world of KS.
LordMarluxia
Location: My body in Southwestern Europe, my mind in Wonderland.

Post by LordMarluxia »

Thank you for writing this.
Reading: Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami; Fractured - Karin Slaughter
Playing: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2; Far Cry 3; Dragon's Crown

Cat: "Where are you going?" Alice: "Which way should I go?"
Cat: "That depends on where you are going." Alice: "I don’t know."
Cat: "Then it doesn’t matter which way you go."
The Terrible Puddle

Post by The Terrible Puddle »

This is work to be proud of.
I've always wanted to ask Lilly about how she knows when to stop wiping.