Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/30/16 ~ recommitted to completion.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Helbereth

Special Notice Contained Herein!

Post by Helbereth »

bnash22 wrote:Made an account for pretty much the sole purpose of telling you how much I love this.

Also, props on sticking to this story for almost 2 years. That's dedication if i've ever seen it.

Keep up the good work, I read up to here in about a weeks time so I'm a little too excited for the continuation :D
Well, thank you for your readership.

Since I'm doing so, I might as well point out that I've gone and restructured a few of the latter chapters. The title page lists an edit today where I split chapter 38 "Departure" into two chapters. Literally nothing changed in the writing, or even the point at which the chapter had been divided, but the first part of that chapter has been given its own chapter title "A Cure For Insomnia", which resulted in my having to change the chapter numbers for all the following chapters. Thus the most recent chapter - Sojourn - is now chapter 45 instead of 44, and all the chapters in the final act have been adjusted accordingly.

It occurs to me now that listing the chapters by act - which is how I have them numbered in my files - might have been a better idea, but I'd have to go back through and alter the numbers on 40 chapters... and that just sounds like work.

Anyway, carry on.

EDIT: Also, I just went and pulled the trigger on restructuring the acts here on the forum. That means there are 4 instead of 5 acts, and the first two have been combined into one, thus they are now Resonance, Dissonance, Melody and Cadence. Each act also has a brief, two paragraph foreword which is attached to its first chapter.
Mader Levap

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 02/21/14 ~ C.45 - Sojourn

Post by Mader Levap »

Eh, while it is indeed different in tone, I do not mind. It is still pleasure to read.
Image Proud member of Polish Route - group that translated Katawa Shoujo to Polish. Full translation released!
TyronePotato

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 02/21/14 ~ C.45 - Sojourn

Post by TyronePotato »

Terrific fic, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Hisao has been gone for a while, and it bothers me what you might write for him.

Like cheating.

I would hate you.
ooooh feels.
Helbereth

Abandonment Message

Post by Helbereth »

After much consideration, I regret to inform my readers that I have decided to abandon this story. Although there are plenty of reasons, I think the most prominent is that I simply have lost all desire to write this universe. Over the past months I've wrestled with whether or not I can walk away after getting so close to the end, but in all honesty there is no incentive to keep droning through the remainder when I could be working on something much more fulfilling.

Thus, Tomorrow's Doom never has to come.
FlimFlamel

Re: Abandonment Message

Post by FlimFlamel »

Image Image
----------PM me if you want a custom signature----------
Trogdor

Re: Abandonment Message

Post by Trogdor »

Helbereth wrote:Abandonment Message
Post by Helbereth » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:34 am

After much consideration, I regret to inform my readers that I have decided to abandon this story. Although there are plenty of reasons, I think the most prominent is that I simply have lost all desire to write this universe. Over the past months I've wrestled with whether or not I can walk away after getting so close to the end, but in all honesty there is no incentive to keep droning through the remainder when I could be working on something much more fulfilling.

Thus, Tomorrow's Doom never has to come.
Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:34 am
Apr 01, 2014
Apr 01

I hope I'm right.
This American apple pie institution known as a trigger warning will cleanse any sense of innuendo or sarcasm that might actually make you think, and will also insult your intelligence at the same time. This post contains explicit depictions of things which are real. These real things are commonly known as life.
--
I burninated Hanako's house, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.
Mirage_GSM

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/01/14 ~ Abandoned

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Spoilsport :-(
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
TyronePotato

Post by TyronePotato »

You better be pulling my leg. You are gonna make a boy cry.

Please.

*crawls in corner and goes into fetal position*
ooooh feels.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

I think it says something when even one of the fic's proofreader's can't tell if the guy's kidding or not :).
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
edruil

Post by edruil »

Given this fic's history of April Fool's jokes, I think I'm safe in assuming that's what's going on here...

....right?? :cry:
Leaty

Post by Leaty »

Since Helbereth will not be completing Tomorrow's Doom, I have stepped up to the plate. You can expect Chapter 46 from me some time around Christmas.
Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

Leaty wrote:Since Helbereth will not be completing Tomorrow's Doom, I have stepped up to the plate. You can expect Chapter 46 from me some time around Christmas.
Not sure if I even want to see it finished anyway. Good riddance if you ask me.
I am glad to see that somebody more reliable and consistent has taken up the mantle for those that still read it. You're doing God's work... daughter?

Happy April 01, everybody!
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
muffinseal

Post by muffinseal »

april 01 right...? :(
_
The grass is always greener on the other side.
Helbereth

Reactivation Message

Post by Helbereth »

After a day of consideration, I've decided not to abandon the story. Instead, I'll continue pursuing the goal of completing this monster, preferably sometime before its second anniversary in July (no promises). In the interim, I apologize for any confusion, depression, alcoholism, drug use, religious revival, self-mutilation, psychosis, abandonment issues, or suicide that may have resulted from my announcement yesterday.

Tomorrow's Doom creeps closer once again.
FlimFlamel

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/02/14 ~ Reactivated

Post by FlimFlamel »

Image Image
----------PM me if you want a custom signature----------