Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/30/16 ~ recommitted to completion.

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AnImpatientUser

Re: Tomorrow's Doom ~ Up: 04/02/14 ~ Reactivated

Post by AnImpatientUser »

Just read about Kenta and cant find any pictures about him

Is his left arm and leg shrunken bad, or just crooked?
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

AnImpatientUser wrote:Just read about Kenta and cant find any pictures about him

Is his left arm and leg shrunken bad, or just crooked?
You won't find images of Kenta, Yoko, Naoko, Tadao, or most of the non-canonical cast because, to my knowledge, none exist. There are a few images of Aiko and Amaya, all of which were created by me, but the rest only exist in literary terms.

As for Kenta's arm and leg, they're not disfigured(crooked) so much as shrunken in the sense that they're under-developed compared to their counterparts. The weakness in his leg makes walking a hassle, but not impossible, and the arm is functional, but lacks strength. It's as though his arm and leg stopped developing muscle mass when he was around twelve years old, and they'll really never catch up with the rest of him. Essentially he does everything with his dominant hand, and only uses the weakened one for uncoordinated tasks.

The result of his cerebral palsy essentially mirrors that of a friend whom I used to work with at Wal-Mart, and so does his irreverent sarcasm... to a point. I think a lot of that irreverence comes from the thought that people will forgive his mouth because of his condition. "What are you gonna do? Punch the gimp? Who's the bad guy then?"
stroke33

Post by stroke33 »

First of all I would like to say that im enjoying the story so far and I can't wait for the next chapter. If I may ask could you give a general idea when the next chapter will be out? I have read the story twice and I am still amazed how good it's written, although others might argue this. (seening as I am no way a full english speaking/writing expert of any kind.) But yes like I said can not wait for the story to continue.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

stroke33 wrote:First of all I would like to say that im enjoying the story so far and I can't wait for the next chapter. If I may ask could you give a general idea when the next chapter will be out? I have read the story twice and I am still amazed how good it's written, although others might argue this. (seening as I am no way a full english speaking/writing expert of any kind.) But yes like I said can not wait for the story to continue.
Well, before Silentcook pops out of the shadows and puts you in a headlock, I should point out that asking 'when is the next chapter?' is akin to 'requesting stories', which is frowned upon around here.

Personally, I think it's a valid question.

After all, I haven't published a new chapter in nearly three months (short 3 days as I write this). There have been other factors, like the fact that I've had trouble deciding where this chapter should go, but, in all honesty, I've been distracted. It's not even a good excuse: I've been playing video games. Specifically I've been playing through the single-player stories in The Secret World, and, more recently, Star Trek Online.

I actually have about 9000 words worth of the chapter finished, but there's some bridging I need to do, along with the polishing. I can't really say when it'll be published, but I'm hoping it's soon; I'm gonna attempt to have the final act finished before July 3rd, which would make it two years since I started publishing this story.
AnImpatientUser

Am i the only one who thinks Yoko might look like the ginger british girl from Girls Und Panzer?

forgetmenot

Post by forgetmenot »

AnImpatientUser wrote:Am i the only one who thinks Yoko might look like the ginger british girl from Girls Und Panzer?
http://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/20 ... ghting.jpg
Really? I always envisioned her looking more like Merida from Brave. The hair, at least.
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Somewhere between them, really.

She'd have Meridia's hair, but it's a little less wild, and I suppose she'd have a standard expression like the one Impatient suggested. Also, freckles. Don't forget the freckles.

When I was getting a mental picture to describe for the page, I sort of added wavy red hair and freckles to Quistis Trepe.
If there's an appropriate allegory anyone can identify, I'd be much obliged.
AnImpatientUser

Another pic for reference

Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Okay, so, this is probably a good indicator that I need psychiatric observation, but this is what I've been doing with my free time lately:
As you can see, my entire main cast is represented from left to right:
Yoko, Amaya, Aiko, Tadao, and Naoko.

Still working on the new chapter. I don't think I'll be meeting that 2-year goal for finishing.
zohan11

Post by zohan11 »

I saw Aiko as more blond-y
Kinda like the new Pokemon companion
Attachments
Like This
Like This
Serena_XY.png (24.03 KiB) Viewed 6459 times
Mournful3ch0

Post by Mournful3ch0 »

Helbereth wrote:U.S.S. Empirical Data
Check back for the first time in a few weeks, this is what I see... I'm in tears laughing again, people at the DMV must think I am insane shuddering and crying in the yellow line.

Is that a Black Hole research and exploration vessel?
Image "Forsooth, that line was feeble." - Courtesy of Mirage_GSM
Image "It occurs to me that maybe I’m an idiot." - Thanks to Jaspirian
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

Mournful3ch0 wrote:
Helbereth wrote:U.S.S. Empirical Data
Check back for the first time in a few weeks, this is what I see... I'm in tears laughing again, people at the DMV must think I am insane shuddering and crying in the yellow line.
The best part about this, for me at least, is that you can't even explain it to them without sounding even more crazy.
Mournful3ch0 wrote:Is that a Black Hole research and exploration vessel?
It's a scientific ship, but lately it mostly just blows very large holes in other people's ships... take from that whatever you feel is right.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Helbereth wrote:
Mournful3ch0 wrote:Is that a Black Hole research and exploration vessel?
It's a scientific ship, but lately it mostly just blows very large holes in other people's ships... take from that whatever you feel is right.
You're studying the effect of your weaponry's ability to perforate alloys of various kinds and thicknesses.

Sounds perfectly scientific to me :wink:.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
griffon8

Post by griffon8 »

Shouldn’t Hisao be a part of the crew?
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

griffon8 wrote:Shouldn’t Hisao be a part of the crew?
The character select only shows the captain and four crewmembers. Kenta and Hisao are in there.