Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Helbereth

Re: Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness

Post by Helbereth »

Hoitash wrote:Well that was fun :). I'm a little concerned that Ayane's family didn't run away screaming in terror, but maybe the Hakamichi's are less insane than Hideaki thinks... Or not.

Either way, nice update, even if you do make me feel sorry for Misha.

Speaking of which, opossums are a New World marsupial (our only one, IIRC), did they sneak aboard an ironclad or something to infest the suburbs of Japan? As if the monkeys weren't bad enough...
You're the last person I'd expect to hear complaining about unusual animals in foreign lands.
Hoitash

Post by Hoitash »

Helbereth wrote:
Hoitash wrote:Well that was fun :). I'm a little concerned that Ayane's family didn't run away screaming in terror, but maybe the Hakamichi's are less insane than Hideaki thinks... Or not.

Speaking of which, opossums are a New World marsupial (our only one, IIRC), did they sneak aboard an ironclad or something to infest the suburbs of Japan? As if the monkeys weren't bad enough...
You're the last person I'd expect to hear complaining about unusual animals in foreign lands.
Hey, the macaque is native to Japan; I checked.

And the werewolf was an immigrant, so there. Although i don't think those aliens have a green card...

Anyway, of all the things going on in that fic, I would be the guy who nitpicks the choice of vermin in the attic...

Still a great chapter, and I hope Misha is okay.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Helbereth wrote:Does Misha have rabies now?
She doesn't, unless I happen to run out of story ideas and decide to turn Misha into a Werepossum.

*writes on memo pad*
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey-Sanic
Helbereth

Post by Helbereth »

DanjaDoom wrote:
She doesn't, unless I happen to run out of story ideas and decide to turn Misha into a Werepossum.

*writes on memo pad*
I apologize in advance:
DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Of course not, it's the 21st century. Their frequent flyer miles meant that they could get to Japan at a fraction of the cost.

And don't worry about Misha, she suplexed at least three of those opossums before they managed to lay a claw on her.
My fine literary endeavors: Real, M&M, Rat Race, and Hideaki: A Tale of Manliness. Feel free to stroke my ego and read them.

DanjaDoom

Post by DanjaDoom »

Helbereth wrote:
DanjaDoom wrote:

*writes on memo pad*
I apologize in advance:
Truly I have laid my eyes on poetry today.
Attachments
odUTkes.gif
odUTkes.gif (470.44 KiB) Viewed 3411 times
Last edited by Silentcook on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Don't quote images that were just posted, people...

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Hilarious, great work. I think sometimes you tend to go a bit too far over the edge, but most of the time it works.

Except that two parter about stealing cable. That was horrible from the minute the military busted in until the end. It felt like a bad Simpsons episode. You over did it a bit with the ghost talking street too.
Not Dead Yet