Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

WORDS WORDS WORDS

XatuAppraisal

Re: Ascent: An Emilogue (Erotic Content)

Post by XatuAppraisal »

I cant get to the actual fics (ironic that i cant read the story on a kindle). CanI get a link please?
ladybugscankill

Post by ladybugscankill »

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this thread has been dead for a while and all my hopes and dreams for a sequel are vanquished. Well I guess that's okay considering that it's an amazing fanfic, if not the best I've ever read.
Panthour

Post by Panthour »

ladybugscankill wrote:I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this thread has been dead for a while and all my hopes and dreams for a sequel are vanquished. Well I guess that's okay considering that it's an amazing fanfic, if not the best I've ever read.
I think Mountaineer mentioned the small possibility of a sequel quite some time ago, but nothing recently, so I imagine it is no longer in the works, despite our pleas.
S-Class Wizard. Emi is my waifu.
ladybugscankill

Panthour wrote:
ladybugscankill wrote:I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that this thread has been dead for a while and all my hopes and dreams for a sequel are vanquished. Well I guess that's okay considering that it's an amazing fanfic, if not the best I've ever read.
I think Mountaineer mentioned the small possibility of a sequel quite some time ago, but nothing recently, so I imagine it is no longer in the works, despite our pleas.
Well, two things are on my mind; one, I didn't think anyone would read this considering that I'm the first to post since November. Second, well I hope he by some odd luck, reads the thread, sees people are amazed by how he writes, and continues. So far this has easily been one of the best, if not the best epilogue I've read about KS. Let alone Emi...
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Can't wait for the next chapter.
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

As enjoyable as it is, this story perfectly illustrates why I prefer to remain indoors as much as possible. :lol:
Seriously, though, nice work. Some great character moments throughout, and nicely suspenseful once the plot kicks in.
I couldn't help but think that if Hisao had thought to bring his phone, or they'd thought to put rain gear in both packs, the whole mess could have been avoided. Moral of the story: Redundancy is your friend.
Thinking about what must have transpired once Emi flagged down the car is mildly amusing: "Oh my God, what happened to your legs?" "Huh? Oh, they were like this to start with."
The ending is great. I think part of what makes it so funny is that of all the parents in the game, Meiko is about the last one who'd be all, "Go! And never darken my towels again!" (A cookie for anyone who gets that reference.)
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

emmjay wrote: I think part of what makes it so funny is that of all the parents in the game, Meiko is about the last one who'd be all, "Go! And never darken my towels again!" (A cookie for anyone who gets that reference.)
So she's less likely than Jigoro?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
ladybugscankill

So, while we wait (basically eternally) for the sequel, how are people doing?
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Does it really need a sequel though? Seems like a pretty self-contained little adventure.

gotta admit, the story was a bit too "Characters in Peril 101", and it would be nice to read a fic sometime where Hisao doesn't end up in the hospital. But y'know, I quite liked it. Emi was her usual irresistibly loveable self, the H scenes were quite...ummm...entertaining, and it was really nice to see EMi's mom again. Shes such a cool character.

So basically, two thumbs up!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
Dan50

Post by Dan50 »

Trying to get through Rin's story again....its time consuming haha shes my least fave character.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

Looking over it again, I only had one gripe, and that was during the first sex scene. C'mon Hisao, stop being mister macho and let the girl enjoy her dom fantasy!
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant." ~ The Doctor.
TARDISman85

Post by TARDISman85 »

As much as I absolutely love the KS soundtrack, I think for a good chunk of this the Clannad soundtrack works a little better. Particularly the track Shining in the Sky during the finale. Then again if I actually wrote a fanfic for this I'd be one of those people who'd insist on putting what songs you should be listening to when. Stupid creative writing projects drilling this sort of thing into my head.
pandaphil

Post by pandaphil »

TARDISman85 wrote:As much as I absolutely love the KS soundtrack, I think for a good chunk of this the Clannad soundtrack works a little better. Particularly the track Shining in the Sky during the finale. Then again if I actually wrote a fanfic for this I'd be one of those people who'd insist on putting what songs you should be listening to when. Stupid creative writing projects drilling this sort of thing into my head.
You're perfectly fine. I'm always putting songs and scenes together in my head.
MasterOfRomance

Post by MasterOfRomance »

Sorry for the necro, but I haven't been a member here until now and wanted to comment on how much I love this fic. It's my second favorite KS fanfic after Sisterhood and is definitely in my headcanon for Emi's route. If you're still around, Mountaineer, I have to thank you for this fic and have some ideas for where a sequel could go if you're stuck with writer's block. This forum needs more Emi!
Think your favorite route is too short? Here are my recommended fan-canons!
Hanako's route-->Sisterhood
Emi's route-->Ascent
Lilly's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shizune's route-->Weekend at Hisao's
Rin's route-->Still haven't found one yet!
Shail

Post by Shail »

Forum needs more of a lot ;-; just about all of the good fabrics are either pseudo routes or Hanako. Not that I'm complaining, Hanako > all, still wish there were more fabrics of high quality regarding other characters. I'm looking forward to this one, almost done with the Emi route!
~I hate endings~ Fan fiction is the only way to keep KS alive!
~The only good ending is a sequel~
~Want to know why I REALLY fucking hate endings? Mirai Nikki Want to know why I love epilogues? Watch the Mirai Nikki OVA
~Mirai Nikki: A perfect example of endings I hate~
Hanako -> Rin -> Shizune -> ? -> ?