Here's all of Doomish's old shit

WORDS WORDS WORDS

stanman237

Re: Braving the Storm (was: Lightning) [Misha]

Post by stanman237 »

By the way, any ideas when you would continue Little Faith as you left us on somewhat of a cliff with bad Hisao? And also Doomish, have you watched the horror film called Shutter?
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Little Faith won't be continuing for a while, unfortunately. I'm putting it on hiatus, likely until this story is done, just as I did with Cutter after I started With Apologies. I got burnt out on writing it, and while I will finish it (I promise), it's going to be slow going until Braving the Storm is concluded.

And, also, yes, I have seen Shutter, it was pretty good! Why do you ask?
Bagheera

Post by Bagheera »

The funny thing about this story, something I really like, is that nearly every chapter provides a really good stopping point at the end. There's no central conflict driving things -- after each chapter I find myself thinking "ah, that was a nice story!" and feel I would be content if things ended there. And yet each new chapter is relevant and interesting! It's like it's a collection of mini-stories all arranged in sequence with a common theme, and it works really well.

I hope you keep this going for awhile. The approach you're using is uncommon, but it's one that deserves some attention.
Girls: Emi = Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Shizune = Rin
Routes: Rin = Shizune > Emi > Lilly = Hanako

stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

I just watched it and it should make an interesting Shizune bad end continuation if Hisao manages to mess things up even more. It would also kind of match Shizunes character
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxgtp6

Post by Maxgtp6 »

Made an account just to say I'm loving the story. There's far too few happy Misha + Shizune fics out there, and this one is definitely the best written one I've seen. Keep up the good work.
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

Dayum, dis be good shizzle mah nizzle!

BTW:
Misha lie, panting and exhausted, next to Shizune.

Misha lay, <...>.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

...God damn it. I can never get 'lie', 'laid', and 'laying' correct. Those three words are the bane of my whole existence, in EVERY story I've written I've had to be corrected on one of those words at some point. I'll get it right someday, I swear!

Also, um, sorry for neglecting this story. I'll be back to it soon enough, I promise. Thank you for the kind words! :oops:
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

Well, I must thank Faulkner and his "As I Lay Dying" for teaching me all that jazz, it really is confusing.
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Forget it.
Last edited by Doomish on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mahorfeus

Re: Braving the Storm [Misha/Shizune]

Post by Mahorfeus »

I'm a little bamboozled as to how the heck Misha managed to pull that off, but I suppose she already had the fight-or-flight reactions necessary to win.
"A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love." -Stendhal
stanman237

Post by stanman237 »

Writer's Block or lack of time I would like to ask
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

stanman237 wrote:Writer's Block or lack of time I would like to ask
Neither, I'm more overwhelmed with all of the stuff I've started. I'm slowly chewing through it though, and I'm certain this story will be the first to be completed. I've got a lot on my plate, but I'm sure I can satisfy readers of all four stories. It'll just take a little more time than usual.

Speaking of which, life lesson for you, writers of fiction: For the love of god, don't swamp yourself with work. It will only hurt you in the end. It may seem nice to work out a new idea immediately after coming up with it, but believe me, little good can come from starting several projects you won't be able to finish. I know it's something I certainly won't be doing again.
Mahorfeus wrote:I'm a little bamboozled as to how the heck Misha managed to pull that off, but I suppose she already had the fight-or-flight reactions necessary to win.
Technically, she only won because Jigoro splintered his sword to bits in his fury, thus rendering their little competition unwinnable for himself; had he not broke the thing, we can all be sure he would have kept on going until he inevitably beat her. The man has quite the temper!
Mealforthree

Post by Mealforthree »

what
Doomish

Post by Doomish »

Mealforthree wrote:what
I don't know if that's a good 'what' or a bad 'what' but I'll take it.