Greater Than The Sum (Finished!) - All days now up: 11/4/12

WORDS WORDS WORDS

BlackWaltzTheThird

Re: Greater Than The Sum (Finished!) - All days now up: 11/4

Post by BlackWaltzTheThird »

bronko wrote:Thanks for writing this emotional moving story.

Still, i expected to get a more specific characterization of Seto. I caught myself appraising him to be the coolest character.
I'm glad you enjoyed it. Looking back, I do regret not spending more time with Seto. He is quite a cool character; one could say he is Katsuro's 'bro' - that is, the Kenji to his Hisao. It just so happened that as the story wound its course, Seto became more and more irrelevant to the story. I daresay I could have invented some sort of conflict for him, as with the other characters, but I feel given his personality and mindset that it would be out of character for him to get all angsty. I guess that makes him a bit like The Student Council's role in every route excpet their own, just popping up now and then to advance the plot. 'Tis truly a shame.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Lothbrok

Post by Lothbrok »

Amazing story! I'm glad you never gave up looking back i should have gave more support! seeing as I checked everyday in anticipation.
BlackWaltzTheThird

Hey guys. It's been nearly a month since I last posted in here. In that time, I've been working pretty hard at Uni, printed out my story and made a faux-book for sentimental reasons, and drawn two more doodles. Both are from Day Thirty One and are posted below. Figured I'd share 'em. Also, shameless bump. Totally not intentional. *nervouscough*In addition, I've been thinking about a potential oneshot. It's really frustrating, I can't seem to get set in stone exactly where I want to go with it. I'll post it as soon as I manage to actually write it; probably in another topic. Not sure how long that will be, I've got a lot of assessments coming up soon. My semester ends on around the 8th of June, so I'll definitely be able to write then. Wonder how it'll go.
Cheers, BlackWaltz.
GTTSPoster.png
GTTSPoster.png (88.78 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
KMStolenKiss.png
KMStolenKiss.png (73.24 KiB) Viewed 3327 times
BlackWaltz's One-stop Oneshot Shop - my fanfiction portal topic. Contains links to all my previous works, plus starting now any new ones I may produce (or reproduce)! Please, check it out!

BlackWaltz's Pastebin - for those who prefer to read things with no formatting and stuff. It's mostly the same as in my thread. Also contains assorted other writing!
Ranger296

Post by Ranger296 »

(Father, forgive me, for I have sinned. I have ...... made a necro-post.) Sorry for the necro-post, but I just wanted to take the time to say that I really enjoyed reading this story and it's one of the few stories where I actually enjoyed a new cast of characters instead of relying on the originals. (I'd have to say my favorite chapter was day 69; it was beautifully written and you could just empathize with all the emotions of the characters. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. :P) Anyways, thanks for the experience :D
BlackWaltzTheThird

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Day 69 in particular; I'm most proud of that one. I think the peak of my literary career lies in that one chapter. In saying that, the lack of a tear disappoints me. I must do better in future! Your tears shall be mine!

I mean, no. That's weird. Thanks for reading, man.

Oddball

Post by Oddball »

I think what I really enjoyed most about this was now not connected to the rest of Katawa Shoujo it was. It was it's own story with only minor cameos from the main cast (and frankly, most of them came across as the weaker points in your story). At the same time, it still felt like something that could have been going on at the same time and location.

Also, I liked how NOT-Hisao your main character was. Sure he was still fresh to the seen and awkward, but it never felt like you could have just substituted Hisao in his place. Even better it didn't feel like you were trying to NOT write Hisao which sometimes happens when people want to make their OC feel different.

If I have any complaint about this at all it's that the whole thing wrapped up too fast. You could have EASILY squeezed a few more chapters in there at the end before wrapping everything up.

Great Job, man.
Not Dead Yet
BlackWaltzTheThird

Holy necropost Batman!

I admit I'm somewhat surprised that people still read this, especially as we reach three years since its inception. It's always nice to see people enjoying it, too, even if I no longer think very highly of it. I do agree about the disconnectedness from the canon KS story, though; I can't recall whether or not that was my intention, but it seems to have worked out regardless. Thanks for reading, man.