The Adventures of Sherlock Hisao!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Ar Grathnos

Re: The Adventures of Sherlock Hisao!

Post by Ar Grathnos »

Wonky story. I like it!

One thing though, if he didn't know she had a gun, why did he react when she pointed it at his nuts? Also, she blatantly told them the gun wasn't loaded, but not to believe her. Fail Kenji is fail? :?
My order of favorites; Hanako=Lilly>=Rin>=Emi>>>>Shizune
I'm crazy, what of it?
Rocket Royal

Post by Rocket Royal »

You are right. It was a last second decision, I should remove it. I'll leave it for now.
Ar Grathnos

Post by Ar Grathnos »

Rocket Royal wrote:You are right. It was a last second decision, I should remove it. I'll leave it for now.
I don't mean to ruin your fun, but I tend to notice these things. 8)

Also, I watched the linked video in your sig, and sat there with the best "DO NOT WANT! D:" face I could manage. I feel better about ruining your fun now.
I'm crazy, what of it?
Rocket Royal

Things That Are Actually Quite More Suprising

Post by Rocket Royal »

Nine hours ago:
It had been three days since the two of you had time to meet each other outside of class. Sadly, your chess match was left… inconclusive… as Hisao knocked on your room door, delivering some paperwork on Lily’s behalf. Sounds could be heard coming from the room, so it was safe to say you were stuck in an embarrassing position. In more ways than one.

Hisao was left as speechless as you usually are when a barely dressed Hanako answered the door, having to translate for you. Hanako managed to convince Hisao to keep Lily in the dark on what was actually happening between you two. As she put on her clothes and left the room, you couldn’t help but wonder which of you was doing the other a favor by staying quiet.

You knock on the door of Hanako’s dorm. Today was your second date with Hanako. Lily and Hisao were out on a field trip, and would be gone all day. Misha was able to go without you for the first time as you now had Hanako to rely on as well. You were itching with anticipation this mourning when Hanako passed a page torn from a small pink heart shaped notebook to you. “Come to my room at 5pm, I’ve thought of another game that we could play” the note said. Fortunately Hanako was good at doing the group work as you usually are, because you felt far too distracted today to complete anything.

Twenty five minutes ago:
Hanako emerges from the clearing smoke, baseball bat in hand. She fidgets with her helmet for a moment, attempting to keep her hair parted over her face comfortably.
Impossible, you think to yourself. No one has managed to stand up against my curve ball before!

And yet still she stands, like nothing just happened. You could feel her determination all the way from atop your spaceship. She raises her left arm up into the air, pointing the bat directly at you, and smiles.
You feel a palpable rage swell up within you. You begin to sign furiously at her despite your hands being preoccupied with the ball and catcher’s mitt.
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN FACE OFF AGAINST ME, DO YOU? JUST TRY NOT TO BE STRUCK OUT BY THIS PITCH ONCE I USE MY FULL POWER!”

You run forward along the ship’s deck as fast as your legs could push you. Hanako just stands there, bat resting atop her shoulder. You wind your arm back as you descend, readying to add the momentum of your fall and the gravitational pull of earth itself to your mighty throw. Flames build around your body as you hurtle through the atmosphere, honing in on Hanako. The speed of your descent generates enough friction to ignite all the oxygen within a ten mile radius, permanently scorching the earth and transforming the field into a raging inferno.

As you plummet through the air, transforming the arena into a personal hell for Hanako, you wonder if she’ll even manage to survive against your 100%. A mere fifty yards away from her you finally unwind and let loose your pitch. A mischievous smile spreads on your face as the ball arcs towards her. You are so caught up imagining your imminent victory that you haven’t noticed Hanako still has yet to flinch.
Hanako plants her left foot firmly into the ground while she swings her right foot back and crouches slightly. Both hands are on the bat now; every muscle in her body coils up as she raises her arms back, preparing for the swing. A fire blazes brightly in her eyes, burning hotter than the prison of flames around her, more intense than the flames that incinerated her flesh. The tension builds within her as Hanako stares carefully.

It’s too late to chicken out now for either of you, you think to yourself. The only option left is to attack.

The ball rockets forward at a blinding speed, you following right behind it. Even your eyes can follow its trajectory at this rate. The ball is inches away from her! There’s no way she could react in time!
Hanako lets loose like a spring. Her entire body throws itself into the swing. All at once she leaps forward; the bat makes contact!
The ball and the bat grind against one another; the collision triggering a gigantic shockwave. In an instant, a burst of air spread out, continuing to grow larger and larger as the two brushed against one another, unyielding. Suddenly you are not moving forward anymore. Suddenly the flames surrounding you and the play field were all extinguished. Suddenly you realize your mistake.

Hanako slides her right hand up towards the tip of the bat, now holding it from both ends. She braces herself as the recoil ricochets throughout her body. She does not falter, even as ground beneath her shatters.
You fall to the ground harmlessly as you feel the momentum of your descent slip away. You watch in horror as Hanako bunts your pitch. The ball bounces back towards your ship nearly as fast as you threw it. It pierces the armor plating and penetrates the fuel tank. All you can manage is to watch helplessly as it explodes into millions of pieces, the flaming debris scattering itself to every end of the globe.

“It looks like this round goes to me,” Hanako says as the universe warps itself back to its regular dimensions. She carefully places her S tile at the end of the word baseball, on top of the triple point square. You sigh to yourself as you add the points to the tally sheet. She’s taken the lead by a single point. It was a sloppy move on your part, you admit, as the S tiles were fairly easy to use. Still, it was a small victory. The second Hanako lets the small gains make her complacent you will snatch the lead from her hands.
You try to keep a straight face as Hanako studies your reaction intently. Well, I guess it’s my turn again.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

... I... just...

Whut? O.o
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Ar Grathnos

Post by Ar Grathnos »

I approve. Scrabble is indeed a battlefield.
I'm crazy, what of it?