From Shizune's Perspective

WORDS WORDS WORDS

griffon8

Re: From Shizune's Perspective

Post by griffon8 »

Goldilurks wrote:lol @ my fic and how far off it is after playing the Shizune route.
Too right. Just finished rereading this and that was the big thing that struck me with the Shizune/Misha conversation at the beginning of chapter 2.

Started going through the old stories that I liked. I'm compiling a list of stories that have my personal recommendation. They'll be split between stories that were written with only Act 1 to go on and Full Release. I helped edit this one, so how can it not be recommended by me?

And it ’ships my two favorite characters.

And it was also inspiration for me to write a story for another unlikely pairing.
I found out about Katawa Shoujo through the forums of Misfile. There, I am the editor of Misfiled Dreams.

Completed: 100%, including bonus picture. Shizune>Emi>Lilly>Hanako>Rin

Griffon8's Writing
ChrisTheCat

Post by ChrisTheCat »

This is pretty damned good. I'll admit I was a tad skeptical about the whole affair, i.e. shipping Shizune with Emi, but it's turning out very well.
Completion Level: 100%
Current Route: Shizune (Replay 3)

Favourite Girl
Before: Emi>Shizune>Lilly>Hanako>Misha>Rin
After: Shizune>Misha>Rin>Hanako>Emi>Lilly

Favourite Side-Character
Yuuko

'Seek out the good in every man, speak of all the best I can. Then will all men speak well of me, and say how kind of heart I be'~ Geoffrey Chaucer
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

It's always fun going back and reading the old stories just to see how different they are than what we actually ended up with.

I think Emi being a lesbian was a bit to convenient and Shizune changed her ways a touch too easily but otherwise it was a fun little romp.

I also want to congratulate you on the first part of your story. You managed to make a Shizune that came across as even MORE of a bitch and less likable than the actual game version was.
Not Dead Yet
sloth4

Post by sloth4 »

This was a good read. I'm not sure why, but making Shizune a bigger bitch has somehow made her a more likable character in my book.
WorldlyWiseman

Post by WorldlyWiseman »

lol at basically everything in this fic being a near-complete reversal of what wound up in canon but still managing to land on many of the themes in Shizune's arc. Cons: could have used less swearing, and the signing 'voices' of Misha and Shiz wound up 'sounding' the same almost all the time.
Hanako's favorite joke is The Aristocrats, but she never tells it because Lilly finds it really offensive. Instead, she practices her delivery in front of a mirror when she's alone. It's the only time she never stammers.