Dignity and Class (Katawa Shoujo/Ouran Host Club crossover}

WORDS WORDS WORDS

EchoGarrote

Dignity and Class (Katawa Shoujo/Ouran Host Club crossover}

Post by EchoGarrote »

These two just seemed to go well together for some reason.
“This isn’t a good idea,” the Nurse said as he looked at the piece of paper in his hand. “There’s way too many things that could go wrong. We can’t send the entire medical staff there, and if something should happen, God forbid, where’s the closest hospital? I can’t approve this.”

“I assure you that the school has one of the best medical facilities that money can buy,” the man sitting at the head of the table said.

“For treating rich children of colds and to occasional STD, I’m sure. Do you have the facilities for proper physical therapy? Pharmaceutical supplies? A dialysis machine?”

“No, but please, give us a list of all the medical supplies we need and it will be prepared.”

The Nurse sat back in his chair and scowled. He didn’t like this, he didn’t like the smug look on the man’s face, and he didn’t like the idea of leaving students under his care in the hands of someone who thought that all it took was money to fix the problem.

“I’m more worried about how your school’s students will react to ours,” Akio Mutou said.

“We raise our students to the highest ethical stan-“

“Bullshit,” Mutou snapped. “Your students will gawk and stare at the ones with obvious disabilities and whisper and guess about the ones without. Kids are cruel, petty, and willing to tear apart anything that they find different or uncomfortable.”

The man didn’t say anything. Apparently he was shocked into silence. He had heard that the Yamaku staff had...different...behaviors as compared to proper Japanese etiquette, but to experience it head on was...alarming.

“The only reason you’re doing this is so you, your school, and your company can look good for the press. Your stock dropped ten points over the year and you need American investors. However, when they look at you they see a cold-blooded Japanese corporation that’s not making money, bad for PR, and not worth the investment. So you want to trot out a bunch of attractive, unfortunate cripple children and show how kind you are, and how giving, so that the charity heavy corporations will jump on board to get a taste.”

The man’s mouth opened and closed. He was beyond shocked and passing into actual visible anger.

“So you come here and, like the coward you are, actually hold your little bit of funding hostage in exchange for our help,” Mutou leaned forward. “You will go to hell for this.”

“How...How dare yo-“

“However...” Mutou continued. The rest of the Yamaku faculty was just staring at the teacher. They had never seen him act like this...ever. He was actively antagonizing one of the major backers of the school. What was he thinking?

“Here’s what’s going to happen,” Mutou continued. “You’ll get your photo op...but you only get a handful of students...ten. Also, you’ll get a full list of their needs, which will be set up BEFORE they arrive and the Nurse will inspect them and be on site for the two weeks. Finally, as thanks for this opportunity to save your bottom line...you’re going to triple your contribution to the school.”

Jaws dropped all around the table.

The man sputtered and fumed. “What makes you think that I’ll agree to any of this?”

“Because if you don’t I’ll make sure that all our other donors know what you tried to do, and how you’re pulling out. I’m sure the Kirijo, Matsumura, Yotsuba, and Simeon groups would LOVE to know about this.”

There was one of those long horrible pauses that the world hinges on. The man sitting at the head of the table narrowed his eyes and looked at Mutou.

“You didn’t come up with that plan on the spot. Did you?”

Mutou tried to look impassive, but he did blink.

“My brother talked to you, didn’t he?”

Mutou swallowed. He could feel his righteous fury slowly leaking out of him.

The man scowled again. “Father will hear about this...” He muttered. “Fine. Have it your way. I’ll have someone come by later to make arrangements, and you can choose who will be Ouran’s guests.”

“We look forward to it Mr. Ootori,” the headmaster said weakly.

Mutou collapsed in a chair in the Nurse’s office. “I can’t believe that worked.”

“What. Were. You. THINKING?!” The Nurse said. “The Ootori family is one of the largest donors we have, and you talk to him like its a hostage negotiation?”

“Wasn’t it?” Mutou sighed. “Anyway, I was assured by Ootori that if his brother pulled funding he would make it up.”

“And you believed him?”

Mutou shrugged. “It was that or have the all people in our care, the people who put their trust in us, be put on display to be gawked at.”

“So now only ten have to be humiliated and put at risk,” the Nurse said. He sighed. “Well, now what?”

“We should pick who goes and then plan from there,” Mutou said. “I guess it should be 3-3 then. I stuck my neck out...”

“No. Not a good idea, Chou’s transplant is tomorrow, he’ll need the rest of the month to rest. Yumi also had a flare up and needs to be on watch. Then there’s Hanako, no way she’d be able to handle something like this,” the Nurse said.

“She’s been getting better,” Mutou said.

“There’s a difference between being able to go to the corner store in a rural town with her best friend or boyfriend and going to a new crowded school filled with strangers who’ll gawk at her.”

“Heh,” Mutou grinned. “So you noticed her and Hisao?”

“Hard not to,” the Nurse said. His forehead furrowed in thought. “Hisao might not be a bad choice.”

Mutou nodded and then shook his head. “No, we’re being as bad as that asshole. We should put it up to the students. Ask who wants to come and then choose from there.”

The Nurse nodded. “Agreed,” he sighed and held his head in his hands. “I don’t like this at all.”

“It never was a good idea in the first place, what was that shithead thinking?”

“It was never a good idea in the first place. What were you thinking brother?” Kyoya Ootori said over the phone. “We are above things like this, and if this is the type of action that you feel is necessary then I question your jud-“ He stopped, listening to the other voice on the phone. The other Host Club members were trying to hide behind various pieces of furniture. They had seen Kyouya angry before...but this was beyond anger, beyond even the Demon’s Glare. “Go ahead, tell father! I have some interesting things he might like to know about as well...Itsuki Naro. Yes, I know about him,” there was a long silence.

“I’m glad you saw reason,” The was another pause. Kyouya’s frown deepened. “Ten? No, I told him to just refuse outright. Triple?” A small smile formed on Kyouya’s lips. “No, you’re right. That is outrageous. We should quadruple it...at least, and you should get down on your knees and thank them for it. Yes...yes, they will be given the highest level of hospitality for the two weeks. Fine, I will make arrangements,” Kyouya snapped his cell phone shut and turned to the rest of the cowering host club members.

“We will be receiving some visitors soon and preparations need to be made.”

“Ouran school?” Misha said, translating for Shizune. “Paradise! A place of high-class, high-breeding, and the ultimate in...ref-in-mint? Oh, refinement! It’s the perfect place for people such as myself...and maybe Misha. HEY!” The pink hair girl frowned at her friend. “Oh, okay, you belong there too. Huh, I better!”

“Sounds like you’d fit right in Lilly.”

“Oh, no...it’s...not a place for someone like me.”

“I swear, first person makes a blind joke I’ll crack them over the he-“

“It’s not that Hisao,” Lilly said. “And you shouldn’t fight anyway. No, I’m...not suited for that kind of crowd, I’m afraid. It’s complicated.”

“Oh,” Hisao knew that was Lilly’s code for ‘please don’t pry’ and he knew better. He returned to his chess game with Hanako. “I hope someone challenges Emi to a race, and she wipes the floor with them.”

Lilly and Hanko smiled at the mental image. “Has she put her name in?” Lilly asked.

“Yeah, she and Rin were talking about it during lunch.”

“Rin is going too?” Lilly shook her head. “Oh dear...”

“It’s your move Hanako,” Hisao said. It had been her turn for a long while. She was just staring at the board, biting her lip “Something wrong?” Hisao asked.

She mumbled something very softly.

“I’m sorry Hanako,” Lilly said. “I didn’t catch that.”

“I would like to go.”

“What?” Both Lilly and Hisao said flatly. This was...mind boggling. Kenji learning basic social skills was more likely than this.

“Hanako...I...why?” Hisao said, a tad too loudly.

Hanako frowned and curled up in her chair.

“No no no. Sorry,” Hisao said. He touched Lilly’s arm gently, their code for ‘help me!’

“Is it their library? I heard they have an original Chaucer there.”

Hanako shook her head. “No, I mean...I want to see that yes, but...” she blushed. “There’s another reason.”

“Can you tell us?”

“Not...not yet,” She said.

Hisao tapped Lilly’s arm twice, and she nodded. “Well then,” Lilly said. “We’ll all have go then.”

“Not many volunteers,” Mutou looked through the very small pile of forms.

“No,” the Nurse said. “I’m not that surprised. Especially after the speeches you and the other teachers gave.”

“We wanted to be honest with them.”

“You will be in an unfamiliar area, with people who are unaccustomed to seeing different things, there will be photo shoots and other required appearances, also your access to medical and supportive facilities will not be as available,” the Nurse recited. “Yes, that paints a very pleasant picture.”

“Rin, and Emi put in applications,” Mutou looked at the forms.

The Nurse nodded. “Not surprised...Emi would do quite well I think, and Rin...”

Mutou shrugged.

“Yes, exactly,” the Nurse said. “Who’s next?”

“Misha and Shizune.”

“They’d be a good choice actually,” the Nurse nodded again. “Shizune might actually get along there.”

“Next is Kenji Setou.”

“Really?”

“Yes, he wrote ‘To spread the word of the Feminist Conspiracy to the outside world and warn others’ in his reason for going.”

The Nurse shook his head. “Hoo boy, well we said that we’d send them ten kids.”

“Daisuke Usano is next.”

“Really?” The Nurse frowned. “Let me check something...” He rummaged through his files for a bit and tapped on his computer. “Hmm, he’s reacting well to the new medication, and his seizures are way down. He’ll have to wear his helmet all the time though.”

“He hates that thing.”

“Well, it’s that or he doesn’t go,” the Nurse said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Ah, here’s no surprise, Natsume Ryo,” Mutou smiled. “It looks like she and Daisuke are dating again.”

“This is what, the sixth time they’ve gotten back together?” The Nurse said. “Well, they say the place is wheelchair accessible, so she should be alright.”

“There are only three applications left.” Mutou said.

“Well good, that’s ten,” the Nurse sighed. “Unless...you’re making that face, what’s wrong? Is one of them unsuitable?”

“Hanako.”

“You’re kidding.”

Mutou shook his head. “And that’s not all, the other two are Lilly and Hisao.”

“Obviously.”

“They wrote ‘Hanako wanted to go, so we’re coming with her’ in the reason space.”

“Going was Hanako’s idea?” The Nurse’s eyes opened in confusion. “What did she write?”

Mutou looked at her form and blinked at the words. He held it up so the Nurse could see.

“Huh,” was the only thing the Nurse could say. “Well...guess we have our ten.”

“This is such a bad idea,” Mutou said.
Last edited by EchoGarrote on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Long live Emperor Norton.
DragoonHP

Re: Dignity and Class (Katawa Shoujo/Ouran Host Club crossover}

Post by DragoonHP »

Good chap.
Though there are some mistakes.
Muotou should be Mutou.

And read this:
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2485
it will help.

Thanks and update soon.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

I giggled at several points of reading this :P

Please Continue 8)
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

"I’m sure the Kirijo, Matsumura, Yotsuba, and Simeon groups would LOVE to know about this.”
I get the shout out to Persona, so I'm assuming the rest of those are clever references that I'm not getting. So, bonus points. :D

All in all, sounds pretty good so far. If I may pick one nit, there seems to be a smattering of sentences that could be improved by an additional comma or two, so be aware of that sort of thing.

(If you'd like some in-depth notes, shoot me a PM.)

In any case, I encourage you to continue!
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

GG Crono wrote:
"I’m sure the Kirijo, Matsumura, Yotsuba, and Simeon groups would LOVE to know about this.”
I get the shout out to Persona, so I'm assuming the rest of those are clever references that I'm not getting.
Matsumura is the corporation that makes the excellent cleaner known as Mr. Sparkle. The Yotsuba Group has some issues with a certain...ledger of names. Simeon is from a series called Needless, who is apparently run by a clone of the Second Coming.

Glad you got the Persona reference. I'm working on the next part as we speak. Oh, quick primer for the two new people:

Name: Daisuke Usano
Class: 3-1
Disability: Epileptic
Hobbies: Capoeira, leather work, Rapping (He's NOT good at it)
Likes: Hip-hop, Mexican Professional Wrestling, Natsume (At times)
Dislikes: Classical Music, Natsume (At times)

Name: Natsume Ryo
Class: 3-1
Disability: Paraplegic
Hobbies: Viola, Sewing, shopping (Usually with Daisuke's money)
Dislikes: Rap, Daisuke (At times)

EDIT: Thanks for the heads up Leotrak.
Last edited by EchoGarrote on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

EchoGarrote wrote:Name: Daisuke Usano
Class: 4-1
Disability: Epileptic
Hobbies: Capoeira, leather work, Rapping (He's NOT good at it)
Likes: Hip-hop, Mexican Professional Wrestling, Natsume (At times)
Dislikes: Classical Music, Natsume (At times)

Name: Natsume Ryo
Class: 4-1
Disability: Paraplegic
Hobbies: Viola, Sewing, shopping (Usually with Daisuke's money)
Dislikes: Rap, Daisuke (At times)
Wouldn't that be 1-4, or 3-1? Cause I seem to recall Japanese high schools not having a fourth year, and the numbers also seem to be arranged like this: year - class... >_>
"oh moe is me" -me
neumanproductions

Post by neumanproductions »

Grant it, I really don't like crossover.

Interesting read. I don't plan on reading more in the future.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
Random writings and Crossover... New stuff of Neuman (updated 5/6/11)
It's time to Duel... KS Yugioh Deck (updated 3/16/11)
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

DAY 1

“Alright,” the Nurse said. “It’s going to be nearly a full day of driving, then when we arrive there’s going to be a welcome assembly, and then you’ll all be shown to your guest houses where you’ll be staying. So, if you haven’t already, go to the bathroom, get your lunches, and anything else you want for the drive.”

The eight students were stating out in front of the large gates of Yamaku, staring at the Nurse, and a yellow school bus. Hisao was grateful that was the regular sized school bus, and it wasn’t one of the smaller ones that some of the other students used. He didn’t want to have to deal with the idea of having a whole school see them arrive on the ‘short bus.’

“Also,” The Nurse continued. “This is the point of no return. If you want to pass on going, it’s no problem. Once the bus starts though it’ll be tougher to go back. Is everyone sure?” The Nurse looked over everyone’s faces and spent a few seconds longer on Hanako.

The violet-eyed girl just nodded her head with a steady gaze (for Hanako) as she held onto Lilly’s hand.

“Alright,” The Nurse sighed. “Everyone on board.”

The students clambered onto the bus, the usual pairs sat together. Shizune and Misha at the front, with Rin and Emi across from them. Hanako and Lilly sat together a few seats back and right behind them was Hisao and Kenji.

“Why are you sitting next to me, Kenji?” Hisao asked. “There are plenty of seats.”

“Rules,” Kenji shrugged, rummaging around in his bag. “It’s so if someone needs help, someone notices.”

“Ah, how are you doing, Hanako?” Hisao asked.

Hanako turned around and gave a small nod. “I...I’m okay. It’s exciting, isn’t it?”

“Yeah, that’s one way of putting it.”

“I’ve seen pictures of the place,” Hanako said. “It looks like a storybook castle in some places.”

Lilly smiled. “That sounds lovely, you’ll have to describe it when we get there.”

“Huh,” Hisao said. “So...can you tell us now why you wanted to come Hanako?”

Hanako shook her head and blushed. “Not...not yet.”

“Okay, no rush.” Hisao said smiling.

“I thought ten people were going? I count eight. Someone missing?” Misha said, translating for Shizune.

“I saw Daisuke. He’s helping Natsume pack.” Emi said. “They’ll be here soon.”

“Who are these two?” Hisao asked Lilly.

“Daisuke and Natsume are in 3-1,” Lilly said.

“Huh, never met them.”

“Daisuke is pleasant enough, a little...” She frowned, trying to think of the word and then gave a sigh of defeat. “He can be very crude. VERY crude.” She scowled. “However, mannerisms aside, you shouldn’t have problems with him. He’s not one who looks for fights.”

“Alright, and Natsume?”

Again Lilly made a face that spoke of displeasure. “She’s also crude in her manners...but in a different way.”

Hisao frowned and just imagined how two people could act that would cause Lilly to speak ill of them.

“Yo yo yo YO! Where all my cripple homies at?” A loud voice yelled as a boy boarded the bus. He looked to be about as tall as Hisao was, give or take an inch. His school uniform jacket was covered in sewn patches that had the names of different rock groups and rappers. He was also wearing a thick black helmet. I resembled a boxer’s sparring helmet, in that it framed his face and had a chin strap, but it also had a rather large bulge on the top.

“Hello Daisuke,” The Nurse said. “Where’s Natsume?”

“Wanted to use the facilities, she’ll be right out.”

“Alright, now remember...” the Nurse warned.

“I know, I know, the helmet stays on,” Daisuke muttered.

“Good,” The Nurse said. “I’ll go get the lift ready for Natsume. He got off the bus.

The boy walked down the bus aisle and paused when he got to Shizune and Misha. “Hey...so...Satsune?” The boy asked.

“Shizune, and I’m Misha,” Misha said, signing as she did so.

“Right, okay. So I was told you’ll be running the show?” He asked, looking straight at Shizune.

“A little, mostly we’ll be following a schedule. Misha has a copy. Hold on...” The pink haired girl rummaged through a file folder. “Here we go,” Misha smiled as she held out a piece of paper.

“Thanks.”

“So...will Her Majesty be joining us on this trip?” Misha translated. Hisao blinked in surprise. Usually Misha didn’t put much inflection into Shizune’s translation, but now it sounded like she was bitter as well.

“Hey, don’t call her that okay? She hates that.”

All the girls raised their eyebrows at that.

“Oh, when did you two get back together?” Misha asked.

“Last week, how’d you know?” Daisuke asked.

“Because you only show...what...knight? Oh! Chivalry. You only show chivalry when you and her are...” Misha stopped translating and blushed. “I can’t say that!”

Daisuke frowned and then started to sign on his own for a bit and then walked back to his seat in the back. Hisao was still learning sign, but he knew enough to tell that those gestures weren’t polite. The boy walked to the back of the bus, opened the back door, and started the wheelchair lift.

With the slow whirring of a weak electric motor, Natsume Ryo rose up to enter the bus, and Hisao instantly understood the ‘her majesty’ remark. Wheelchairs were common at Yamaku, and Hisao had seen a few that had been customized in one way or another. However, this one looked like a throne. It had a similar build to the chairs that the rugby team used, but instead of extra bumpers, this one was...well, Hisao was trying to find a nicer way to say ‘pimped out.’

There was a cushioned back, a painted geometric design in gold on the wheels, and armrests that were leather covered. Natsume herself was sight as well, she was dressed in the usual girl’s school uniform, save for her shoes, which were those sandals that had straps that went up to the thigh. It was clear that she also recent had a pedicure, a manicure, and had spent a little time in a tanning booth. Her hair was dark red, darker than Rin’s, and went down to her shoulders.

She gave a small wave to the others on the bus. “Hello everyone. I’m so happy that you could come along on this trip with me. I’m sure we can all have some fun, as long as you’re polite.”

Hisao now understood how two people could annoy even Lilly.

After everyone was secured, in one way or another, the driver started the engine and the Yamaku Students, were on their way.

Hisao would have liked to have sat next to Hanako, or any of the other girls. Just to have someone to talk to. But no, it looked like he would be spending the entire bus ride sitting next to Kenji and having to listen to his ranting. Mercifully, Kenji had a book with him and looked like he was going to be focusing on that for the trip. It was a little awkward to see him almost shove the book in his face.

“They didn’t have that in Braille?”

“Someone else checked it out earlier.” Kenji muttered. “It’s...”

“I know, I know, the great feminist conspiracy,” Hisao sighed. It was probably a bad thing that he had become so accustomed to Kenji’s rants. However, it was hard to dislike a guy who was happy to share his stash of booze. Also, flaws and all, he did consider him a friend. Hisao tried to adjust himself to get comfortable enough to sleep through the bus trip. He wished he had a pillow.

Suddenly the boys were interrupted by the appearance of the new boy, popping up from behind them.

“Yo guys,” Daisuke said, leaning over the back of the seat. “We’ll all be bunking together, right?”

Yeah. That’s what the sheet says,” Hisao said.

“Okay, if I have a seizure and there’s no staff, put me on the floor, push everything out of the way, call for staff, and make sure I don’t bite my own tongue off,” Daisuke said. “Just so you guys don’t freak if it happens.”

Hisao nodded. “Thanks for the warning.”

“Cool. This is gonna be tight, show those blue bloods how we’re the hardest of the hard core! Yamacrew forever, G!” Daisuke made a motion with his hands and then went to the back of the bus to be with his girlfriend. It took Hisao a moment to realize that Daisuke hadn’t been signing, but he was doing what he thought was a gang sign.

He and Kenji shared a glace.

“Man...that guy’s weird,” Kenji muttered before going back to his book.

“Wow...” Misha said. “You were right Hanako. This place does look like it was out of a storybook.”

The bus had pulled onto the Ouran campus and was making its way up the long front drive. It allowed nearly everyone on the bus to get a long look at the lush lawns, rows of trees, and the near palatial architecture of the school. It was obvious that this drive was designed to show off the school to anyone who drove up it and give a sense of grandeur and awe. It was working.

“So is this Cinderella, and we’re all about to go to the ball?” Emi asked.

“I’d say we’re more like a flock of Ugly Ducklings.” Misha said for Shizune. “Shicchan, that’s not nice.”

“ Doesn’t the Ugly Duckling turn into the prettiest swan at the end?” Rin said.

“Yes, exactly, thank you Rin,” Misha said for Shizune. “Although don’t say that we’re Ugly Ducklings when we get out.”

“Well, what do we call ourselves?” Rin asked.

Shizune frowned for a moment, and then looked at the back of the bus where Daisuke and Natsume were also gawking at the scenery. “I hate to say it,” Misha translated. “But ‘Yamacrew’ doesn’t sound too horrible. Just don’t use it too much.”

“Oh, dear.” Emi said. “Lilly, Hisao? There’s a big crowd out to greet us at the steps.” The subtext of the warning was clear.

Hanako turned away from looking at the buildings and fountains to the approaching crowd. She frowned and bit her lip, but she took a deep breath and looked at Hisao. “I can do it...but...”

“We’ll be right there,” Hisao said.

“I’ll need your help with the stairs anyway.” Lilly said. That wasn’t true, but no need to split hairs.

“Do you see a ramp?” Natsume called up from the back.

“Uhhh...” Emi frowned as she looked through the front windshield. “Ick, no.”

“Sonofa...” Daisuke muttered. “That’s just great.“

The bus made a slow stop in front of the main stairs. The Ouran School, and the welcoming crowd, awaiting them.

“What do we do when we’re inside?” Natsume asked.

“We’ll be greeted by the headmaster and there’s supposed to be a welcome assembly,” Shizune said through Misha.

“Oh, that sounds nice,” Lilly said.

“Alright...” Hisao took a deep breath. “Let’s get out there. Ready?”

“Not really,” Rin said. “But we can’t stay here on the bus all day...no bathroom.”

“Good point,” Hisao said. “So...who’s going first?”

Slowly all the other students turned to look at Hisao. He signed in defeat. “I guess we’re going first. Come on Kenji.”

“What?”

“I’m not facing them alone!”

“Urgh, Fine.”

Hisao took a deep breath and walked to the front of the bus where the doors opened with a hiss, and he took a small step for a boy and a huge leap for Yamaku. Kenji followed right behind them,

“Hello!” A student in a blue-jacketed uniform said to Hisao. “Welcome to Ouran! I hope you’ll enjoy your stay.” He bowed in proper Japanese custom.

“Thank you,” Hisao said, he and Kenji bowing in return. Hisao felt odd going back to these old customs, Yamaku was a tad more informal. He looked at the crowd. Boys in the same blue jackets and girls in yellow dresses. They were talking to each other, but most of them were looking at Hisao and smiling or clapping. Someone was even holding up a sign that said ‘Welcome’ on it. Hisao even saw a ground level door on the side that Natsume could use. This might not be that bad.

Emi was the next to exit the bus. She was wearing her standard prosthetics, and had stockings over them. She grinned at the welcoming student. “Hi! I’m Emi!”

“Well, welcome to Ouran Emi, I’m...” he trailed off as he saw Rin get off the bus.

Hisao’s good feeling vanished when he noticed the crowd going silent at the sight of Rin. Thankfully, Rin seemed unperturbed by the change in the crowd and stood next to Emi. Shizune and Misha were next to get off. Misha noticed the silence and the uncomfortable look on the welcoming boy’s face. She signed /Trouble incoming,/ as they joined the other four, standing next to the boys.

Slowly, using her guiding stick and the handrail, Lilly exited the bus with Hanako right behind her. Hisao swore that at this point the crowd had possibly stopped breathing, all he could hear was the tap, tap, tap, of her stick. Lilly joined the line that they were forming, standing next to Rin and Hanako on her other side.

The welcoming student looked at Hanako for a moment and did a double take. His eyes widened and he actually took a step backwards. An action that caused Hanako to bury her face in Lilly’s shoulder, and Hisao wish that he had something heavy in his hands to beat this kid with.

The back door of the bus flew open with a loud BANG that seemed to echo across the entire campus. Daisuke, in his helmet, jumped down, and then the whirring of the lift’s electric motor began.

Hisao felt as if the birds and insects had gone quiet, as all twenty (give or take) students watched Natsume slowly be lowered to the ground in her wheelchair. She finally landed after what felt like an eternity, and the last two students joined the others.

“Do we need to worry about out bags?” Misha said, translating for Shizune.

“Gah!” The welcoming boy started at the sudden noise and looked at Misha. “What was that?”

“Shizune asked if we needed to carry our bags in.”

“Uhh, no,” The boy said to Shizune. “We’ll have the staff take them to your suites where you’ll be staying.”

“Thank you very much,” Shizune signed, with Misha translating.

“Oh, you’re...ummm...” The boy turned to Misha. “Tell her that she’s very welcome.”

“She’s standing right in fr-ow!” Daisuke started to say before Natsume smacked him to be quiet.

“We’re supposed to go to the assembly hall now,” Misha said for Shizune. The icy tone in her voice working for both of them. “Where should Natsume go?” The two girls pointed towards the girl in the wheelchair.

“Ummm...uhhh, you go through there...I think and...I need to call the headmaster. Uh, welcometoouranhaveanicetimebye!” The boy took up the stairs like a shot.

“Go, we’ll catch up.” Natsume said with a sigh, sounding more annoyed than anything else.

It was like watching the end of The Ten Commandments, Hisao thought as he and the others slowly walked up the steps. The large crowd parted before and around them. The students stepping away from them when they got close, their eyes wide as they were either gawking or Not-Looking at them. Behind them the small crowd closed and Hisao could hear the muffled sounds of whispers behind them. This was going to be a nightmare.

He only hoped that the assembly went better, and that no one would say anything that they would later regret.

“My name is Shizune Hakamichi,” Misha said into the microphone as Shizune stood to the side. “We are honored to be guests at your school and hope to learn much. Thank you for your warm welcome. You have a beautiful campus.”

Shizune and Misha sat back down on the row of chairs on the stage. The headmaster got back up to the microphone and began talking about the history of Yamaku, and how it and Ouran would hopefully have a strong future together. The group wasn’t exactly listening.

/Nice speech,/ Hisao signed.

/Well, what was I supposed to say?/ Shizune signed back. /Thanks for making us feel like freaks the moment we got off the bus? We’re grateful for putting us up here on display before the entire student body like some obscene demonstration of a science experiment?/

/Ease up. They’re noticing,/ Daisuke signed.

/Oh they just think we’re translating his speech,/ Shizune said.

/You might want to actually pay attention Shizune,/ Misha signed. /It’s getting worse./

“Finally, I would like to remind all of you that our guests have special needs. They need to be treated with the utmost care, and if they need help or look like they need help, then please, show them our Ouran spirit and give them a hand. Now, let’s give our special guests a round of applause!” He motioned to the group, who took the cue to stand up and bow as an awkward perfunctory applause swept over the crowd.

“This was a mistake,” Lilly muttered.

Hisao just looked at Hanako. She looked alright, but he could tell that she was trying to control her breathing. When the ten of them walked off stage he went to her and held out a hand. “Hanako, you did gr-mph!” He winced as the girl grabbed onto his hand with a vice grip and took several deep breaths.

“You did wonderfully Hanako,” Lilly said. “Let’s go to our rooms and rest. It’s been a full day.”

Hanako nodded fervently, latched onto Lilly and all but rushed her out of the auditorium. Leaving Hisao standing there with a sore hand, and a massive level of discomfort.

Hsiao’s discomfort disappeared when he entered the boys’ guesthouse. Like everything here it seemed to show off the level of opulence this place possessed. There were marble-looking tile floors, rich rugs that appeared to be straight from India. An actual crystal chandelier hung above for light, a full kitchenette and dining table. Doors leading to separate rooms, each with their own bathroom that had a shower and a Jacuzzi tub. There was huge bed with silk sheets, and a mint on the pillow. It was like living in a five-star hotel.

Kenji was sitting at the dining table, still reading his book. Daisuke had sat down at one end of a massive looking faux-leather couch and was flipping through the channels of a big screen TV.

Hisao let out a long sigh and sat down on the couch in front of the TV at the other end from Daisuke. “Some first day,” he muttered.

“Yep,” Daisuke said turning his head, “Hisao, right?”

“Yeah, and you’re Daisuke.”

“Yep,” Daisuke replied. The two just watched the TV for a while, not saying anything.

“Can’t believe I have to wear this stupid thing for two weeks,” Daisuke sighed as he adjusted the straps to his helmet. “Tell the truth, how bad does it look?”

“Not that bad,” Hisao said. “Looks like you’re a boxer about to spar with someone. The black color helps.”

Daisuke let out a long sigh. “This may have been a mistake.”

Hisao nodded. “Agreed.”

“Eh, people do stupid things for girls, huh?”

“It’s part of the conspiracy. Their master plan. The feminist masters lure us in with sweet promises and sensations and then BAM, we’ll all end up in chains and servitude,” Kenji said from his bunk where he was still working on his book.

“What?”

“Ignore him, or else he’ll keep going on like that.”

“Dude, you need to get laid,” Daisuke said grinning. “Or at the very least have a girl to clean your plumbing every once in a while. Did wonders for me.”

Hisao and Kenji just stared at Daisuke.

“You mean...” Kenji said. “You...”

“Yup, I have indeed,” Daisuke did a crude hand gesture. “Why do you think I came along and put up with this damn helmet?”

Hisao didn’t have any kind of response to that.

“So, you’re with the girl with the long hair...her name’s Hanako right?”

“Yeah,” Hisao said, afraid of where this conversation was going to go.

“She seems nice,” Daisuke said.

“Yeah...yeah she is.”

“You ev-“

“NO!” Hisao said. Then he frowned and cleared his throat. “No.”

“Well, if you ever need a rubber in an emergency, feel free to come to me.”

“Uhhh...thanks,” Hisao said.

“Don’t mention it, man. How many channels do they GET here?” Daisuke said.

“No idea...think we should steal this TV when we leave?” Hisao said.

“We’d never fit it in the bus. Oh hey, they stocked our fridge with the good stuff,” He held a beer out for Hisao.

“That was in here?”

“Yeah. Well, it was when your friend and I slipped them in.”

“His name’s Kenji. You two smuggled this stuff in?” Hisao asked.

“Yup. I was helping Natsume hide her stash before we got on the bus,” He nodded. “I got a case of beer, Kenji brought some harder stuff. Did you bring anything?”

Hisao shook his head and sighed. “No, sorry. I was helping Hanako pack.”

Daisuke shrugged. “No big, you’ll just buy when we go out.”

“Fair enough, I guess,” Hisao said.

Daisuke stopped channel surfing when he found a show that had two men wearing masks trying to get each other in what Hisao hoped was a headlock. “Ah! Mexican Wrestling. Best thing ever made.”

“Huh.”

“And, before you ask, it’s real it’s just...planned out.” Daisuke said with a defensive look on his face.

“Okay. So, you know sign?” Hisao asked after a few moments. He just wanted to make some conversation. They’d be suite mates for two weeks, nice to have it be on cordial terms, and he didn’t want to talk about why two large masked men were beating on each other.

“Yeah. Sometimes when I have a fit, my jaw locks or I just can’t talk,” Daisuke said. “Sometimes I can move my hands, or at least one of them. So I learned sign so I could still sorta talk.”

“Like what?”

Daisuke shrugged. “Mostly it’s ‘GET HELP MORON’ but if it's someone who knows what they’re doing, it’s what hurts, how bad the spasms are, and stuff like that.”

“Ah.”

“Hey, anything I need to know about you? You start coughing up blood, do I get the Nurse or hit you with a shot or pill?”

“Don’t whack me in the chest and we should be good.”

“Alright. Lungs?”

“Heart.”

“Bummer.”

“Yeah.”

“Well, here’s to crappy insides, up top or central,” Daisuke toasted as he held out his beer can.

Hisao clinked his own to Daisuke’s and they both drank. Hisao enjoyed the moment. He was in an unfamiliar place, with people who gawked at him and literally put him on display, his girlfriend was a nervous wreck, and there were still 13 more days left. However, right now he was watching Mexican Wrestling and drinking expensive beer with a brother-in-arms. He could get through this...he hoped.

“Kyouya said we weren’t supposed to bother the Yamaku students,” Haruhi said. “If they want to come to one of our sessions, then they’ll come. I think they wouldn’t want to come anyway, I doubt our regulars want them here either.”

“Haruhi! How could you say such a cruel thing?” Tamaki said. “You heard my father, we’re supposed to help our special guests feel welcome! What better way than to show them then to have them experience the best Ouran has to offer?” He finished the invitations and put them in the letters. Making sure to seal each one with loving care. “There, this will be a wonderful special occasion, I can’t wait!”

“This is SUCH a bad idea,” Haruhi muttered.
GG Crono

Post by GG Crono »

I already looked over this but I'm going to comment anyway. Good stuff.

It's nice to see that you're learning to love the comma. ;)
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

EchoGarrote wrote: “Man...that guy’s weird,” Kenji muttered before going back to his book.
I lol'd so freakin hard at that XD

Great read, man ^_^ Keep it up :D
"oh moe is me" -me
neumanproductions

If you keep this thing under 8000 words you should submit it to the Manifest competion.
Rin=Hanako>Emi>Misha>Lilly>Shizune (Misha counts in my world alright; and now she surpassed Lilly)
Fanfic series entitled... A Day in the Life of [character name here] (updated 6/8/10)
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Dammit, now I've gotta watch OHC. Are there lesbians in it? :P
neumanproductions

kosherbacon wrote:Are there lesbians in it? :P
Obviously the only thing on the illustrious mind of Kosher. Who shall never live it down.
EchoGarrote

Post by EchoGarrote »

kosherbacon wrote:Dammit, now I've gotta watch OHC. Are there lesbians in it? :P
Actually...well...just look up 'Zuka Club' and go from there.
ContinualNaba

Post by ContinualNaba »

I can see it now, the epic conversation between Morizuka and Shizune while their respective lovely items duke it out being loud in the next room:

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...!"

*Crappy jazz music, love bubbles begin to start*

And then there's Emi and Rin meeting the twins. God knows how that'll work out.
[19:33] <!Suriko> i think i could go my whole life without putting my mouth on someone's ass voluntarily

[12:46] == climatic was kicked from #katawa-shoujo by climatic [climatic]
[12:46] <+ContinualNaba> wut
[12:46] <%VCR> wut
[12:47] <+Juno> Qué