Broken Dolls (OCs) Prequelitis, Page 6

WORDS WORDS WORDS

kosherbacon

Re: Broken Dolls (OCs) chapter by Extremist_Line Page 5

Post by kosherbacon »

And now, a two parter, one chapter by E_L.

No science-babies here. Just an unholy mashup of OC verses. Last post-Yamaku fic for now. Next one will be back in the gimp-school, cuz im itchin' with prequelitis.

================================================================================================================================
Guerrilla
================================================================================================================================

I was wondering, is there anything
new going on with you?
Everything is normal here,
Eri is doing her residency at a
Disabled kids' school just like
Yamaku, I know, right?
Oh yeah, can you
Understand me?

-

“Oh, hello,” Eri said to the vaguely familiar face at the front door. “So you did come.”

“Of course I did,” Kenji said. “The secret message was loud and clear.”

“I was wondering if that was really going to work. Come in.”

“So, what does Tachibana need?”

“Actually, she's Koyama now. You don't know why you're here, do you?”

Eri grabbed Kenji by the shoulder and squeezed till her knuckles popped. As a JGSDF-trained mercenary, Kenji had stared down even the most savage foes in godforsaken jungles everywhere from Australia to Angola, Cambodia to Canada, and everywhere in between. The look of barely restrained malice in Eri's face rivaled them all.

“Beforehand, I would like to tell you that, no matter what happens tonight, Yoshiko is MY wife and she will continue to be so long after you leave, understand?”

“What?”

“Just don't get your hopes up. She's mine.”

Eri led the condemned man to the living room, where Yoshiko was patiently waiting on the couch, wearing a house robe and sipping hot chocolate.

“Kenji!” she squealed as she lifted him in the air with a hug.

“Yo, so what's the emergency? You need someone disposed of? Cuz I'm going to need a good faith deposit and at least a week to...”

“No, I have a different favor to ask of you.”

Yoshiko's voice went from giddily childlike to serious and mature, or at least as mature as she could get. Eri looked away as Yoshiko gathered the nerve to say what was on her mind. She unraveled the belt of her robe and threw it aside.

“What do you think?” she asked. “After all these years, am I still attractive to you?”

“Good lord, woman, what have they been feeding you?”

“Junk food,” Eri nagged.

“Heh, sorry. Not bad. Not bad at all. You filled in rather nicely. Not that I mind the old skinny, flat chested, no butt...”

“Hey!”

“So that's what you brought me here for? To show off your jugs?”

“Kenji, I want to be a mother.”

“Tachibana, if you wanted to fuck, you should've just said so in your letter. That cryptic shit had me thinking that the Illuminati had kidnapped you or something.”

“I know,” she laughed with relief. “Consider that a test. If you of all people didn't catch on, then I'd have to find someone else to jump.”

“Fair enough. I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. You broads think you're so smart, but you're so predictable. Girls who get the manly picnic ALWAYS come back for more sooner or later.”

“So, so you'll do it?!”

“Will I have to pay child support?”

“Only if you want to. Eri is going to be our baby's father, but I would very much like you to be a part of our lives after this.”

“Hey!” Eri complained. “Why do I have to be the father?”

“Because I'm the mother, duh.”

“Okay, I'm game. Is she going to join us?”

“Yeah! Come on, Eri, let's...”

“No.”

“P-Please!”

“No.”

“But it's gonna be YOUR baby! You have to be there!”

“Ugh, fine, but you're the one we're trying to get knocked up, remember?”

With ninja-like speed and efficiency, honed from globetrotting through the world's brothels, Kenji disrobed.

“Holy crap! What is that!” Eri shrieked.

“I know, right?”

“I call him Genghis Khan, but tonight, he'll be Dick van Dyke.”

“See?” Yoshiko snickered out after a laughing fit. “Isn't he great?”

“Oh, yeah... he's just... precious,” Eri sighed, squeezing the bridge of her nose.

“So, do ya think it worked?” Yoshiko asked, amidst a tangle of flesh.

“I dunno, I guess we'll find out in a few weeks.”

“Don't worry about that. One drop of me can knock up a whole nunnery without even trying. But just in case you want more, I'll still be around,” Kenji volunteered, throwing up a thumb in satisfaction.”

“Hey Nikki,” Eri asked, “we haven't really thought about names, have we?”

“When I was in Vienna, I once got in a fight with a meathead named Friedrich, how about that?”

“Hm,” Eri ruminated, “we can call him Fritz. You know, like Fritz Lang?”

“Or Fritz the Cat!” Yoshiko added. “Now, what about a girl?”

“Not happening. I don't plant girlseeds. My offspring will be burly, ruthless bastards who shave with the dull edge of a rock.”

“How about Anna?” Eri suggested.

“Hm, I once got beat up by a prostitute named Anna in the Ukraine. Now that was a formidable woman.”

“Hm, Anna,” Yoshiko pondered, while entertaining herself with the mental image of Kenji being pummeled by a stout working woman, “Anja, oh! Anya!”

“So,” Eri joked, “am I next?”

“Oh, jeez, let's not get ahead of ourselves. I thought we were going to space 'em out so we don't have to change two sets of diapers at once!”

“I know, but who's going to help us then?”

“I will!”

“No.”

“How about Takuro? He's got my genes...”

“OH GOD NO, HE'S LIKE MY BROTHER TOO.”

“How about Shinnosu-”

“NO. COMPLETE THAT NAME AND I AM FILING FOR DIVORCE.”

“I'm just kidding...”

“What about Luke?”

“Yeah, good luck with that. You'd probably make his head explode even suggesting it.”

“You can have Hanako...”

“Deal.”

-Five Years Later...roughly-

“Okay, the kids are at Mom and Dad's, did I miss anything?”

“Yeah,” Yoshiko teased, “we've been talking about you this whole time.”

“R-Really?” Eri wheezed, shuddering in place while inspecting the amused looks Luke and Hanako were giving her.

“See how she gets all flustered? It's almost too easy!” Yoshiko chuckled, beckoning Eri to sit with her on the couch.

“Okay,” Luke asked, “so what's the real reason why you asked us to come all the way here?”

Before answering, Yoshiko went to the kitchen with a stack of paper cups and a repurposed wine bottle. From the bottle, she poured a milky white liquid into the cups, then distributed the drinks among herself, Eri, and their guests.

“Ghah! What the hell is this?” Luke coughed out. “It tastes like ethanol.”

“It is ethanol. Well, actually it's Ogogoro. Nigerian style moonshine. Kenji taught me how to brew it and I've got a friend at the botanical gardens who collects Raffia sap for me.”

Luke swirled his cup around and looked at Yoshiko accusingly, seeing right through her plot to make him more receptive to some illicit request.

“Alright, you're trying to get me all liquored up, and Hanako is glowing like a beet right now, what are you up to?”

“So, um, what do you think of Eri?”

“What do I think? Eh, I think she's great, you guys make a good pair.”

“Do you think she's pretty?”

“Well, yeah...”

“Do you think she's hot?”

“What?”

Yoshiko was clearly very nervous. Words streaming from her brain were getting clogged up in her throat as she tried spitting them out.

“Maybe I should be the one to ask,” Eri offered, no more courageous looking than Yoshiko.

“No, no, I can do this. Okay Luke...”

“Yes?”

“We want another baby. My parents want us to pop another one out before they get too old to take care of another one and I don't want our children to have a huge age difference like me and my brother...”

“Uhuh, so... what does that have to do with me and Hanako?”

“Basically...” Yoshiko gasped, huffed, and stuttered before spouting out a rapid fire confession.

“Iwantyoutoimpregnatemywife!”

“Say what?”

Luke and Hanako worriedly stared at each other, worried about what was going on in each other's minds. They jumped out of their chairs and excused themselves to the kitchen to discuss things.

“Are you serious about this?” he asked, after returning from an extended conference with Hanako.

“We are,” Eri said.

“Please understand if I don't answer right away, you're asking a lot of me. I can't just shoot off my stuff and call it a day, you know?”

“I know.”

“Now, suppose we agree to this. How would it go down? Are we going to go to like a clinic or something and...?”

“Oh, heavens, no,” Yoshiko said, flailing out her hands, “we don't want middlemen involved. No labs, no test tubes, no turkey basters...”

“They don't actually use those,” Eri commented.

“...We would rather do things naturally.”

“You mean, you want me to... and her?”

Luke snapped his gaze to his side, checking to see if Hanako was just as shocked as he was.

“We don't have to act all formal about it,” Yoshiko suggested. “How about we have a little swinger's party. You and Eri, me and Hanako...”

“Nikki! You're terrible!”

“What? You said I could, remember?”

“That was five years ago! And I was kidding!”

“Oh. How about we just move the coffee table out of the way right now and go at it all together. Nobody will get jealous of anyone that way.”

“Nikki!”

“What?”

“Excuse me?” Hanako asked, holding out her cup. “I think I need more of that ogogo...stuff.”

Guerrilla Pt. 2 By Extremist_Line

I leaned forward and rubbed my forehead.

"OK...I would take Hanako in for another talk, but I'm not entirely sure she would be up for it." I said as I watched her drink some more. She was clearly too wasted to make lucid negotiation.

"Sooooo....?" Nikki expectantly asked.

I sighed.

"Listen Nikki, I love you like a sister, I really do. In fact, for all intents and purposes, I consider you my not-biological sister. I will....impregnate your wife for you." Dear Lord, I never thought I'd ever say something like that. "But, I don't know about letting you screw around with my wife. Trust me, I know how it feels to have an recuperated crush, I've been there before. But I just don't know about this."

She looked down.

"...Alright, I'll tell ya what. Me and Eri will walk upstairs to the bedroom. Anything that happens while we are gone never leaves this house and is strictly happening under the influence of some very strong liqueur. And of course, no matter what happens tonight, I'm still faithful to her, you're still faithful to Eri, and Hanako is still straight."

She perked up.

"Gotcha! Now go on and make us another kid!"

"Now wait a second. I want to clarify one more thing. You are to do nothing to her against her will, or so God help me, I don't care if you are my sister, you will be paying for it. Understood?"

"Yeah..."

"Alright then, lead the way Mrs. Koyama-"

"Actually, it's Tachibana now."

"Right."

I got up and followed her toward the hall.

"Oh, Nikki? I have to admit, you had a cunning plan there, getting me and my wife drunk, but you didn't take one thing into account."

"What's that?"

"I ain't no damn lightweight."

A few seconds later, me and the apparently soon to be mother reached the bedroom. As she shut and locked the door behind us, I leaned up against the wall.

"Man, this is so awkward..."

Eri walked over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Just pretend I'm Hanako, will that help?"

"Ehhhhh, no really. That's kinda impossible..."

"Well, can't you judge me on my own merits?" She asked while removing my glasses.

"I...I guess I can..." She then pulled me into a kiss.

Normally a kiss with a perfectly attractive girl is something to feel good about. But not for me. It felt like a punch to the gut. I think I even almost felt a tear in my eye.

But, I had to remember that I was doing this for Nikki's and her wife's sake. They needed my help, and I'd be a crappy 'brother' if I didn't help them out.

...Only for you.
***************************************************************************************************
A few months later...

"I love how she's got your beautiful blue eyes Luke. Maybe she'll even inherit your height?" Hanako asked me as we walked out the hospital door.

"Maybe." I replied with a shrug.

She looked down, then right into my eyes.

"Luke...I think I want another child."

"Wait, what?"

"I've always thought about it, but I've been kinda hesitant to ask. But, after seeing that...I've finally decided that I want another one."

I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Well, I don't see why not. I guess we'll have to ask Nikki and Eri if Sarah can visit with them for the weekend..."

"Thank you so much." She said, wrapping her arm tight around mine. "I'll get to name this one, right?"

"Of course honey."
************************************************************************************************

Well, that was weird.

Sherman, set the WABAC Machine to 2007, the destination: rural Japan, specifically, the Yamaku Academy.
Last edited by kosherbacon on Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esa94

Post by Esa94 »

kosherbacon wrote:"--and Hanako is still straight."
Because women/girls in your fics become gay for the weirdest of reasons?

Edit: Wait, so not only is everyone gay until proven straight, they'll also turn gay if you don't tell them not to?
Leotrak

Re: Broken Dolls (OCs) KENJI! &chapter by Extremist_Line Page 6

Post by Leotrak »

Combination of d'awww and lolz was almost enough to kill me XD

I think Hisao would've died halfway through :3
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

Genghis Khan is a knockout blow to all women, occasionally men.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

*hits rewind button*

Part of this story coincides with the latter half of this.

Prequel: The Broken Dolls Guide to Becoming Normal

TACHIBANA YOSHIKO

Demerol Oral
Pethidine hydrochloride

50mg 100 Tablets.

Usage: 1 or 2 tablets orally every 4 hours as needed for pain, not to exceed 12 tablets per 24 hour period.

-

The agonized squeaking of Yoshiko's wheelchair added a tone of discomfort to the otherwise idyllic atmosphere of her date with the library girl. She bounced in her chair as she was wheeled through the bumpy grass, almost making her drop the picnic basket that sat in her lap.

“We're here, Nikki,” she said before unrolling a blanket on the grass.

Yoshiko's date crouched down in front of her and picked her up by the armpits. In a graceful display of clumsiness, Yoshiko fell over onto the girl, forcing her down onto the blanket. Dismissed accidentally, the unneeded wheelchair flew off and rattled downhill before clanking against a tree.

“You meant to do that, didn't you?” the girl accused before pulling Yoshiko's face down for a kiss.

After being playfully shoved off, Yoshiko stretched out on the mat and inspected the picnic meal. Uninterested, she returned the rice balls and potato chips inside.

“You're not hungry either, are you?” the library angel asked while she pulled off Yoshiko's shoes, leg braces, and socks.

“Not a bit. What do we do now?”

“I have a few ideas,” the girl asked while rubbing Yoshiko's feet. “Does this hurt?”

“Not when you do it.”

“And what about this?” her muffled voice queried while sucking her toes.

“It...” Yoshiko snickered, “kinda tickles. But hey, if you like the taste of feet, go ahead.”

“I dunno, what do you think of it?” the girl sniped back before forcing a sloppy kiss onto Yoshiko.

“You're lucky I enjoy everything you do to me,” Yoshiko quipped before succumbing to the girl's charms.

Soon, her entire universe was centered around the mouth she and the girl shared. Somewhere in the vague distance, she felt buttons unfasten, clips open, and zippers slide apart.

“Hey! No fair,” Yoshiko whined, finding herself completely naked on the blanket.

The wind brushed past her bare skin and made her shiver. Off in the distance, bystanders walked by on footpaths, giving one or two looks in their general direction before moving on with their lives.

“Why would you want to hide something so beautiful?” the girl inquired. “Something like this... I want to share with the world.”

The library girl bit Yoshiko's nipples and sucked on them, making her shiver even more. Before she knew it, Yoshiko found a pair of fingers sneaking past her senses to play with her.

“P-Please,” Yoshiko begged, “what if someone sees us?”

“And what if they do? Do you really want me to stop?”

“N-No,” she said, her voice finally matching the consent her body was displaying while the library girl toyed with her. She ground her hips up and down against the girl's fingers. Before the flames of lust could consume her, she stopped abruptly.

“What's wrong... oh, I see,” the girl grinned, seeing Yoshiko grab the girl's hand to lick her fingers.

“My turn to be on top,” Yoshiko announced when she pushed the girl over and straddled her waist.

Yoshiko guided the girl's prepared hand between her legs and felt a pair of fingers enter her. Holding herself up with one arm, she squeezed one of her own hands between to rub herself off while being poked by her girl.

“I hope you don't mind me making a mess on your uniform.”

“Please do.”

Without any regard for modesty or the cleanliness of the girl's uniform, Yoshiko rode the girl's hand, enjoying the stares of strangers and the chill of wind against her sweat and juice coated skin as extra bonuses. As Yoshiko came closer and closer to her finish, her movements were accompanied by the loud squishing and sliding noises of her having sex with the girl's hand.

Yoshiko trembled and hyperventilated against the girl's neck when she came while being embraced by her free hand. Even finished, she rode her out for a second wave, then tried for a third before falling over, exhausted and sore.

“It's funny,” Yoshiko laughed, “you just fucked me and... I don't even know your name.”

“Oh, Nikki,” the girl laughed back, “my name is...”

“Wait!” Yoshiko cried, thrashing around on her bed. “What's your name?!”

Yoshiko's vision straightened out as she came to. The menacing aura around the little LED lights on her idle computer had diminished to a fairly normal looking glow. She figured that there was good science to be found in the therapeutic applications of masturbation.

She wiped clean the empty travel-size shampoo bottle and set it aside on her night stand, to be washed later. She then tore open a wrapped band-aid to stick onto her arm, where a sizable pool of blood formed at the site of her “emergency” morphine injection.

Yoshiko's self-medication privileges were hard-won. The doctors feared that she'd develop a habit if allowed to administer her own medication. Maybe she did, but not because she enjoyed it. The trips terrified her, made her disoriented, and made her only marginally more useful than if she was curled up into a tightly wound ball of pain.

With her panties halfway back up her thighs, Yoshiko squirmed in agony as if she was just thrown against a brick wall. The quickly draining arousal gave way to the hurt she was trying to escape from. It wasn't as bad as it was an hour earlier, though. When she first woke up that morning, Yoshiko was brought to tears by the feeling of her legs being crushed between concrete slabs. After her quick pick-me-up and resolution of its side effects, the pain was tolerable.

Barely.

Yoshiko fell out of her bed and dragged herself across the room with her hands to go about her morning routine. The scene of her dragging her dead-weight legs behind her was a truly pathetic sight that she would never let anyone else see. The pain that day was so severe that there was no way she was getting any use out of her legs that day. She wasn't paralyzed, but she might as well have been. With her hygiene bag and towel at hand, she struggled into her wheelchair and headed to the bathroom for her morning shower.

After sponging herself clean in a shower chair made of PVC pipe like an elderly invalid, Yoshiko returned to her room and mulled over the future she had. She had two options. On one hand, she could live the rest of her life dragging herself from wheelchair to wheelchair, making allowances for her shortcomings, holding onto rails, riding up ramps, and accepting that most things in the world were simply out of reach. Her other option was to tough things out, endure the pain, relearn how to walk, and become normal again.

Still writhing in pain from the hassle of putting on her plastic and fiberglass leg braces, Yoshiko eyed the wheelchair catalog that was sent to her house not long after she enrolled in Yamaku. One or two hundred thousand yen and she could find herself the proud operator of a snazzy new electric wheelchair. She could live a normal life again. Almost.

In those extreme moments, “almost normal” seemed to be almost “good enough.” Either way, she'd have to cope with pain somehow. The difference was how much she would be willing to endure. If she was going to insist on walking, she'd have to get used to being so high in the morning that the ceiling lamps had rainbow chakras and electric flavor she could taste.

As she rolled through the school's open areas and courtyards, Yoshiko felt inconspicuous and “normal.” So many children, so many defects. Was she really one of them? The hobbling and jerking, along with the creaking of prostheses had become normal to Yoshiko. The school's minority of perfectly healthy students were rapidly becoming the “freaks” in her eyes.

The library angel was different, though. She walked a fine line between crippled and normal. Her skin was warped and scarred, but as far as Yoshiko could tell, she could run, jump, speak, listen, and watch just fine. Yoshiko knew that in her own current state, no boy or girl would ever want her, at least no normal ones, anyway. Since she was surely damaged goods in the eyes of anyone worth mattering to, she never bothered with love.

Yet, for some reason the library girl was different. She, like Yoshiko was almost normal. All she had holding her back was some superficial condition that required more willpower than anything else to overcome. She was the kind of person Yoshiko would want to become normal with. She daydreamed of beautiful trials, learning how to walk to impress the girl, while in turn helping her come out of her shell.

Yoshiko parked herself next to a bench to apply lotion to her fingertips. The calluses on her index fingers from wheelchair piloting were starting to make self-affection an uncomfortable affair. Next to her was the hulking corpse of a fellow student who looked like he wasn't just normal but foreign as well. She laughed, wondering if being a gaijin counted as a disability.

She inspected the human mound and stared at his mostly-closed eyes. Checking for life signs, she pinched his nose shut and he responded with a loud gasp, followed by an exhalation of the sickening mixture of alcohol, vomit, and mint toothpaste.

“Glad you're alive, buddy,” she said to the boy in a hungover stupor, while fanning the odor away from her face. He was big, Caucasian, hungover, and with a face full of stubble, just like a frat boy from one of those foreign movies about college students.

With her sleeping companion snoring and wheezing away, Yoshiko shared her life story and explained the conundrum surrounding her love life. Based on the imaginary feedback she got after bouncing her options off of him, she decided that she had enough of lurking in shadows. She was going to finally go up to the library girl and talk to her. If she succeeded, great. If not, then at least she'd have further motivation to recover.

“Sorry, Bluto, gotta go,” Yoshiko said to the sleeping boy as she spotted the object of her desire walking towards her general direction.

Yoshiko eagerly rolled towards the girl, weaving between students making their way to class. She wasn't expecting to have the girl disrobe and throw herself at Yoshiko on the spot. If they could only strike up a conversation and come to know each other as friendly acquaintances, it would be enough for the day.

“Excuse me,” she said as she closed in on the girl, “my name is Yoshiko, but you can call me Nikki. Are you going to the libra...”

As if Yoshiko didn't exist, the library girl passed her by and walked over to the sleeping boy at the bench. With jealous eyes, Yoshiko watched the girl, who was apparently named Hanako, tend to him. Yoshiko rolled herself back into the distant shadows when the girl left the boy, then returned with water and food to revive him.

She cared for him. Yoshiko was sure of it. Hanako looked at the boy with the same gently attentive gaze that she herself hoped to be looked upon with. After the possible love birds walked off to resume whatever morning business they had, Yoshiko sulked away to go aimlessly glide around the accessible areas of the school to get her mind off her defeat.

Yoshiko never had a chance in hell. Even to the invisible girl, she herself was a nobody. Confirmation of her attitudes didn't spur her on this time. She was ready to surrender to a life of limits. No ballroom dancing, no bicycling, no reaching things on top shelves, and most of all, no love with partners of her own choosing. Just like picking out a wheelchair based on price, features, and availability, Yoshiko's options for companionship were being whittled down to a pool of compromises and “good enoughs.”

Her sulking and sinking continued on for a few weeks, coinciding with a lack of performance in gym class. Pain or not, she didn't feel any drive whatsoever to hop onto any equipment to do any rehabilitation exercises. Her teachers didn't mind. In true Yamaku fashion, they accepted her just the way she was. The school and what it did to her sickened Yoshiko. She was a cripple, and suddenly she was okay with it.

Since she wasn't in the mood to do anything requiring physical exertion, Yoshiko settled on doing handicapped-approved “exercises.” Halfway through her worksheet reviewing the nutritional and dietary needs for “citizens of limited mobility,” her coach interrupted her.

“Tachibana!” the gym teacher called out. “You speak English, right?”

“A little, you short ugly fuck.” she answered, half in English.

Yoshiko's gym teacher was literally half her seated height. She pondered over the logic in having a dwarf in a position where he might be required to assist students trapped under weight lifting equipment.

“Go show the new kid here around and give him a tour. He needs to take a safety test before we can let him use any of the equipment. Up till now, we just had him running the track for class.”

Yoshiko found herself face-to-face with her much despised able-bodied rival for the library-angel's affections. He was the drunken frat boy who came on a black ship to hangover his way around Yamaku to flaunt his normalcy.

“So, you're the filthy barbarian who came to the school to steal our women, huh?”

“I can speak Japanese, you know.”

“So you say.”

Yoshiko gave the new student, Luke, the “privilege” of wheeling her around the athletic complex, from the team equipment rooms to the yoga studio and beyond.

“How shameful of you,” she teasingly scolded, most amused with herself as they left the boys' locker room, “pushing a helpless girl like me into a locker room full of naked men. I'll bet you were all going to have your way with me too.”

“H-Hey, I was just following your directions, I didn't think anyone would be in...”

“So you wanted me all to yourself?”

“It's not like that. Besides, I thought you...”

“Were a boy? Oh my, new kid, you sure know your way into a girl's heart. I just wear a boy's uniform and sweat pants because I don't like bloomers.”

“Oh, jeez...” Luke mumbled to himself as he continued his ordeal while Yoshiko nonchalantly cleaned her fingernails and whistled.

“Hey, Luke, is it? You can relax now. I was just messin' with ya.”

She tried smiling back at him to try loosening him up.

“You're alright, Fisher. How do you like the school so far?”

“It's nice, way better than schools back in the States.”

“Have you been suckered into joining any clubs yet?”

“A couple of my classmates tried getting me to join the student council.”

“Those nutballs? That's messed up. You're not just new to the school but new to the country. That's a lot to ask of you. I'll bet those two are totally screwing each other...”

“Anyways,” he interrupted, “do you know of any school activities that won't kill me?”

“Actually, no. I write video game reviews for the school newspaper and I've ALWAYS got my editor...”

“Wait, you write those reviews?” Luke asked with a surprised jerk that almost sent Yoshiko out of her wheelchair.

“You're already familiar with my work? I'm honored.”

“Yeh-Yeah, I glanced over the current issue this morning. Um, I know it's not my place to say this but you were mistaken with that last piece of yours. Your knowledge of JRPG history is a bit... sketchy and I think you need to do more homework in that respect.”

“What?”

“Sorry, I just got a little excited to meet a fellow gamer.”

“Oh, I see. To be honest, I don't even like video games. I only started playing them to keep myself from getting bored after I got home from my accident. I'm more into cult and indie movies. Sometimes, I even read science textbooks for fun.”

“So you were in an accident, huh? Are you... paralyzed?”

“No.”

“Then, if you don't mind me asking, why am I pushing you around in a wheelchair?”

“Because...” Yoshiko thought for a moment, grumbled to herself, and answered back at Luke sincerely. “...I don't know. I really don't know.”

“Fair enough,” he answered. “I don't mind, really.”

The two returned to the rehabilitation room so Luke could get an equipment safety worbook to fill out. While Luke studied on the cushioned mats, Yoshiko returned to her locker to retrieve a pair of nearly forgotten opponents.

Luke's words rang through her ears. Why was she still in a wheelchair? “Some girl” was a completely unacceptable reason. The new kid reminded her what it was like to be normal. If she became normal again, she would be free to be... as goofy and lazy as she wanted. She didn't need a girlfriend or boyfriend to be normal for, just missing out on not having to worry about her stupid legs was giving her a renewed sense of drive.

She grabbed onto the handles of the crutches and dug the tips into the soft floor. With a jump, she was on her feet again, sort of. Yoshiko accidentally kicked the chair away, sending it flying across the room. Crawling back to the chair like a half-dead animal was not an option.

“Hey, Fisher!” she called out as she sent a foot forward.

Her face barely hid the agony of her tendons and ligaments stretch and strain. As she planted a foot into the floor, she felt her calf muscle buckle and wad up as it struggled to support her weight. Still, the hard part was over, it was time for another step.

“Luke! Check this ou...OW!”

“Yoshiko! Are you okay?”

She looked up at her study partner and laughed. She wasn't there yet, but she tried. Since she had gotten over herself, It was only a matter of time before she became normal just like him and Hanako. She looked forward to being able to keep up, fall in love, goof off, or do absolutely nothing at all without having to think about pain.

“This one is our most popular mid-range chair” the saleslady presented, “memory foam cushions, eighteen hour battery life, optional chilled cupholders...”

“Not interested,” Yoshiko said.

“Okay, well let me just go back to the truck and get the next...”

“No, I'm not interested in any of your products.”

“Nikki, we made this appointment over a month ago,” Yoshiko's mother said with concern. “Are you sure?”

Yoshiko rolled over to the foyer's coat closet and grabbed her crutches. She clutched onto the grips and hooked her forearms inside. She started rocking back and forth in her chair.

“What are you doing?” her mother asked.

She planted her heels into the ground. Even the pressure on the soles of her feet sent barbs of pain up her spine. Getting up, the tearing sensation in her ankles made her face go white. Merely standing up required so much concentration her eyes glazed over while she sweated profusely. Her parents went blank in the face when Yoshiko took one shaky step forward.

And then another.

And another.

“As you can see,” Yoshiko said, trying to smile past her hyperventilation, “I don't need a wheelchair. I can walk just fine.”

“...so Mrs. Tachibana, what sort of payment plan...” the saleslady continued her spiel, completely ignoring Yoshiko.

It was Hanako all over again. Just because she wasn't fully functional, Yoshiko was suddenly a non-person without a voice.

“HEY!” she screamed out, with every ounce of pain and annoyance behind her words. “THE CRIPPLED GIRL IS TALKING TO YOU!”

“Yes?” the patronizing saleslady asked, somehow looking down on Yoshiko while looking up from her seated position.

“Get. Out.”

-End-
Mirage_GSM

Re: Broken Dolls (OCs) Prequelitis, Page 6

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I loled at "optional chilled cupholders" :-D. Are there really wheelchairs that have those?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Esa94 wrote: Edit: Wait, so not only is everyone gay until proven straight, they'll also turn gay if you don't tell them not to?
Basically, yes. E_Line is aware of this as well and had to cover his bases.
Mirage_GSM wrote:I loled at "optional chilled cupholders" :-D. Are there really wheelchairs that have those?
As far as I've found(through 45 seconds of exhausting googling), apparently not at the moment. :(

That's a good reason as any to stay un-crippled.
Extremist_Line

Post by Extremist_Line »

kosherbacon wrote:Basically, yes. E_Line is aware of this as well and had to cover his bases.
Indeed. Kosher here wrote several one-shots that turned my waifu gay/bi without my consent (not that you need consent to produce yuri), so I have to make sure I cover anything that would be considered canon to our AU, but give enough leniency to appease the yuri thirst in all of us.

Is there really this huge of a lesbian thing going on in Japan? I mean, I know of Class-S relationships (that's the term for schoolgirl lesbians, I believe), but those are supposed to be grown out of by the end of high school, which is why it baffles me that three lesbian couples made it ten years out of high school. That's not even counting all the one-shots where Yoshiko sexed up Hanako in the years both before and after graduation.

Speaking of which, I wonder what happened in Yoshiko and Eri in the alternate version of my story (Leaving the Past). Since Hanako would be free, Yoshiko might have hooked up with her, meaning Eri wouldn't have gotten the moral support she needed, maybe got raped by Shin....

Geez, for a while, I felt bad about stealing Yoshiko's crush, but it looks like it was for the better.
"Anyone can say they're your friend, few can prove it." -Me
Hanako >/= Lilly > Shizune > Emi > Rin
Currently:Finished all but Rin. Taking a break for now.
http://extremistline.deviantart.com/
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Extremist_Line wrote:it baffles me that three lesbian couples made it ten years out of high school.
Despite the fact that I'm a hopeless yuri fan, schoolgirl lesbian "phases" and romantic two-girl friendships are among my least favorite clichés ever(I hate the fact that I enjoyed marimite enough to buy it)

I just got so sick of sappy endings and "inevitable" breakups for girl-girl pairings as seen in 75% of all yuri/shoujo-ai stories that I lean towards making them at least last into adulthood. Eri and Yoshiko's physical descriptions and behavior while in high school were also meant to be a bit of a reversal of expectations, with the senpai being much shorter, quieter, and submissive.
Extremist_Line wrote:Speaking of which, I wonder what happened in Yoshiko and Eri in the alternate version of my story (Leaving the Past). Since Hanako would be free, Yoshiko might have hooked up with her, meaning Eri wouldn't have gotten the moral support she needed, maybe got raped by Shin....
Hm... interesting idea there...
Leotrak

Post by Leotrak »

kosherbacon wrote:
Extremist_Line wrote:Speaking of which, I wonder what happened in Yoshiko and Eri in the alternate version of my story (Leaving the Past). Since Hanako would be free, Yoshiko might have hooked up with her, meaning Eri wouldn't have gotten the moral support she needed, maybe got raped by Shin....
Hm... interesting idea there...
Oh dear lords, no O.O
"ice-cream-flavoured ice-cream" -Rin
"oh moe is me" -me
Numbered Days, my first piece of fanfic
Leotrak's Library, my other depository of written stuffs
Before: Hanako>/=Emi>Rin>Lilly>Shizune
After: Emi>Rin>Hanako>Lilly>>>>>>>>>>>Shizune
Xuan

Post by Xuan »

I'm an NOT a fan of rape!

... Oh sheesh.
" It would be hard to believe I was nearly killed by a love confession."
kosherbacon

Post by kosherbacon »

Leotrak wrote: Oh dear lords, no O.O
Xuan wrote:I'm an NOT a fan of rape!
If I follow through with a BrokenDolls reboot, nobody will be raped, I swear.
swxkaw

Post by swxkaw »

Went back an re-read this after 2 years. Still one of my favorite stories on here.
turbulentDuvet

Post by turbulentDuvet »

my eyes hurt from staring at a backlit screen whilst reading all thi in one sitting. Totally worth it <3 thanks for sharing this with us guys, a brilliant story :)
People are like chemicals, they only need to come together once and they can change eachother forever.