Hisao and Kenji and the Last Samurai! Conclusion Update!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Oddball

Re: Hisao and Kenji and the Last Samurai! Conclusion Update!

Post by Oddball »

A lot of your expanded universe stuff doesn't work for me. This one I really liked though. You kept the extended families, gun fetishizing, and action hero stuff to a minimum here and it felt a lot more like the Hisao and Kenji of old. On top of that somehow a samurai ghost just feels closer to something that would fit in than many of the other threats and conspiracies you've used.

I think the making the potato gun scene was a bit longer and more detailed than it needed to be and the refernces where a bit thick, but otherwise great job.

Also, Hisao is totally Egon and Kenji is Ray.
Not Dead Yet
Hoitash

Re: Hisao and Kenji and the Last Samurai! Conclusion Update!

Post by Hoitash »

Oddball wrote:A lot of your expanded universe stuff doesn't work for me. This one I really liked though. You kept the extended families, gun fetishizing, and action hero stuff to a minimum here and it felt a lot more like the Hisao and Kenji of old. On top of that somehow a samurai ghost just feels closer to something that would fit in than many of the other threats and conspiracies you've used.
For whatever reason the Scooby-doo route seemed to mesh well with those guys. It was a fun little story idea I had and I'm glad it went as well as it did.

Although if you don't like the extended family stuff I'll warn you now you might not like the next summer special.
I think the making the potato gun scene was a bit longer and more detailed than it needed to be and the refernces where a bit thick, but otherwise great job.
I think that was me convincing myself the contraption would actually work more than anything else (or concern someone would call me on my shenanigans if I didn't explain it right. Either way, thank you, glad you liked it :).
Also, Hisao is totally Egon and Kenji is Ray.
It's been so long since I've seen the movie even I'm not sure anymore. The game where you played the Rookie was pretty fun, though.
"Who are you, that do not know your history?" -Ulysses
Misha Time: United States of Misha Meet the Hakamichis
Awesome, served on the rocks: Hisao and Kenji- Master Detectives! (Check out the Archive for more!)
I wrote a book! Brythain edited it! If you like mystery and history please consider: A Sister's Habit
"You are absolutely insane. And entertaining." -griffon8