The Fixers - "School Daze" 28-9-15

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sharp-O

The Fixers - "School Daze" 28-9-15

Post by Sharp-O »

What if you could travel to parallel worlds? What if you could see the people you love and care for in a whole new light? What if you saw them at their worst?

But, most of all, what if you had the chance to fix the things that went wrong? What if that was your job?

Then you’re a Fixer.

The Cast:

Shin Kyokan - The mysterious eccentric who possesses a keen intellect and a natural affinity for the weird. Thanks to his unique condition, Corporeal Absentia, he possesses intangibility and invisibility.

Lilly Satou - Born blind but with uncanny spatial awareness and the limited telepathic ability to see the world through others’ eyes, Lily is a more than capable fighter, trained by her Uncle Jigoro in martial arts and swordplay.

Molly Kapur - Though she originates from a universe more technologically advanced than most, her powers lie deep within the arcane. She is Britain’s chosen champion and can access all manner of mystical and legendary weapons.

Shiina Mikado - The confident, headstrong sharpshooter from Yamaku Academy for Gifted Individuals, her ‘element’ is to fire concussive energy bolts from her finger tips. Shares her origin point with…

Kenji Setou - Unassuming though Kenji is, he possesses both a sharp mind and noble heart. His ‘element’ is to project hexagonal force barriers, strong enough to deflect almost anything. Shiina’s best friend and confidante.

Hanako Ikezawa - The upbeat Fixer-in-Training is the latest addition to the team but she has a long way to go before she earns her place.

Yuuko Shirakawa - The team’s handler and caretaker of The Nexus, the multiversal Lagrange point that is home to The Fixers for the time being.

Prelude:The Gathering
Chapter 01: Leap of Faith (Below)
Chapter 02: Clash of Steel
Chapter 03: Coup d'etat
Chapter 04: Bonding
Chapter 05: Mystery
Chapter 06: Monsters
Chapter 07: Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Chapter 08: Battle Scars
Chapter 09: Blossom
Chapter 10: Knights Errant
Chapter 11: Merebimur
Chapter 12: Dragon Slayer
Chapter 13: Quid Pro Quo
Chapter 14: Focal Point
Chapter 15: A Stranger Comes To Call
Chapter 16: Fille Perdue
Chapter 17: School Daze
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Sharp-O

The Fixers - "Leap of Faith" 18-8-15

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter 01: Leap of Faith

-----Kenji-----

“What do you mean you need our help?” Shiina stands, planting her palms flatly on table. I grab her arm and she shrugs me off. “Clearly you have a powerful element too so why not fix your own damn problem?”

“Believe me, I’m not nearly as powerful as you think…” Yuuko drops her head in shame, a look I’ve not seen in a long time.

“You summoned us here right? And you made all this appear out of thin air! Transdimensional summoning and matter creation are Ace-Class elements so don’t give me that!” Shiina continues her attack, getting more riled by the second.

“B-but I didn’t…”

“Cut the crap, I don’t care if you look like Yuuko, you’re the mastermind behind all this and I want answers!”

“Calm down, Shiina… Let her explain.” I gently tug on her cardigan and she sighs, plopping down in her seat, folding her arms and crossing her legs in the process.

“Th-thank you, Kenji.” She smiles to me and it’s both soothing and heartbreaking in equal measure. She turns her attention to the group once more.

“As I was saying… Your help is needed, but not by me personally, that was just bad wording on my part. You’ve been summoned because of your unique skill sets and because of your place in history.”

“If you didn’t bring us here, who did?” Molly asks, with a curious expression.

“And what do you mean our place in history?” Lilly follows up with another relevant question.

“My employers brought you here. They are the ones who gave me the freedom to shape The Nexus, I can only really warp matter within this space. In my world, I was just a regular college student. As for that second part… Well…” She looks at us all, as if deciding how best to break bad news to us.

“You see… You were plucked from your origin points at the moments of your deaths…”

A quiet falls upon the room like a shadow, darkening the mood of all present.

“Fascinating!” Except for Shin, who seems positively giddy. I’m starting to rethink my original assessment of him. Upgrading him from eccentric to sociopath.

“You mean…” Molly is clearly getting upset and Lilly places a delicate hand on her shoulder.

“Kenji and Shiina, your school was being attacked by anti-element terrorists. Kenji; you were thrown into a wall by a concussion rifle, you would have died on impact. Shiina; you would have been shot while you slept.” Yuuko says the words coldly, analytically, as if to distance herself from them. She clearly takes no pleasure in it but she gave an honest answer and that speaks volumes to me. I believe her.

“I think we get the point, Yuuko. Please don’t continue for the others.” I plead and she nods. We’ve faced death before but given Molly’s reaction, not everyone in this group has.

“I’m so sorry to… I…”

“It’s okay…” I nod stoically as I rub Shiina’s back as she leans over. She looks angry.

“The point is… My employers saved you because you all deserve better than a senseless death. You can be so much more and that’s what they’re hoping, that’s why they’re asking for your help.”

“With what?” Lilly asks.

“I assume you’re all familiar with multiversal theory, yes? If not from science than from science fiction?” Yuuko asks, receiving nods and murmurs.

“Good. Plus, y’know, it’s kinda obvious that you’re all from parallel worlds, you should be able to grasp the concept.” I’ve never seen Yuuko be sarcastic before…

“Anyway! There are an infinite number of universes. The majority only focus on the tiny actions, every person’s little decisions throughout any given day. But then there’s the ones like you guys come from.” Yuuko switches gears in an instant and it leaves me wondering if this Yuuko is bipolar like ours was.

“Like a Yamaku where gifted children are accepted for who they are. Or a world where a blind girl can see with a unique kind of sonar. A magical girl from a technological utopia or even a boy who suffers from Corporeal Absentia…” She gives a sly smile to Shin and he chuckles. We’ve only just met and they’ve already got inside jokes?

“And all of you can help fix the multiverse. Anomalies form from time to time that require direct intervention. Events that, against all the odds, happen and wreak havoc.” She explains.

“To put things right that once went wrong…” Molly quietly says, earning the group’s attention.

“What?” Lilly asks, tilting her head in Molly’s direction.

“S-sorry. I just thought of a line from an old TV show…” Molly admits with a blush.

“Not a bad analogy, really and definitely our end goal.” Yuuko mutters, tapping her chin. It’s only now that I notice this Yuuko has a labret piercing under her lip and two tiny rings in her left eyebrow. Definitely not the Yuuko we knew.

“But if there are worlds where anything can happen, how do you tell which ones are in need of help? Surely they’re just following their own paths?” Shin asks, sipping on his coffee as calmly as if this was just a polite conversation about the weather.

“There have been several… Incidents. Scenarios where the utterly impossible happens and has resulted in the utter destruction of those realities.” She admits with a grim tone. “Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence…”

“Thrice is enemy action. You believe someone is doing it on purpose?” Lilly interjects and Yuuko nods. “So you need a team to investigate one of these impossible scenarios. Makes sense.”

“How does this make sense to you? It’s crazy!” Shiina finally erupts, pointing at Yuuko. “Send us back now.”

As Yuuko protests, I see the light begin to charge up in Shiina’s orange irises and I grip her wrist tight, pointing her down at the table. She shoots me a glare and I do the same.

Don’t.” I growl. She glowers back for a few seconds before her face softens. Her hand relaxes and I can finally let go of her arm, only to pull her into a hug.

“It’s okay, Shiina…” I whisper, stroking the back of her head.

“This is crazy, Kenji! Why does all this crazy shit happen to us?” She cries angrily into my chest.

“I think we should take a break. There’s a lot of information to digest…” Yuuko offers but Shiina shakes her head.

“Keep going. I’ll be fine.” She breaks away from me, clears her throat and takes her seat again. That’s Shiina for you, even when scared for her life, she’ll see it through to the end. She’s the bravest person I know.

“No, it’s fine, I’ve pretty much covered everything I needed to for now. Would anyone like to have anoth-oh. Guess we don't have time for that after all…” She furrows her brow and opens the green book she’s been holding this entire time. She flicks through several pages before finding what she needs to read. What brought that on?

“Problem, Yuuko?” Shin is the first to ask the obvious question and she grimly nods.

“I’d hoped to have you guys acclimate to The Nexus first, but orders from above are to send you out now…” She scrunches up her mouth, moving it side to side in thought for a moment before continuing. She clicks her fingers and a thin, silver bracelet appears on my wrist, same with Shiina and the others too.

“These will help you on your mission. They use quantum entanglement to link up with the information in The Nexus’s library and will be the only way I can communicate with you.” She explains, flicking through the book once more before sighing.

“Yeah, sure, throw them in at the deep end, why don’t you? Assholes.” She mutters to herself.

“What’s wrong?” Molly asks nervously.

“Sorry guys, but your first mission is going to be a doozy. Full mission briefing and details will be forwarded now.”

“So what’s the mission?” Shiina asks, cracking her knuckles.

“Ending a tyrannical threat. A world where the Student Council has conscripted Yamaku’s students into it’s own private army.”

What?” Shiina laughs incredulously and Yuuko’s eyes become serious.

“You’ll see when you go outside.” She gestures toward the door behind us.

“Do we just… walk out into a parallel world?” I furrow my brow and Yuuko giggles.

“Give it a try, Kenji.” She smiles at me and I get out of my seat. That smile… It’s more than I need to take a leap of faith. I reach for the handle and look back to find Shin right behind me.

“Shall we, Mr Setou?” He smiles and I open the door outwards, bright sunlight hitting my face like the flash that brought us here. I step out into this seemingly new world, only to find the immediate surroundings all too familiar.

“This is the street the Shanghai is on…” I mutter, mostly to myself.

“Well, that’s a {bloody} anti-climax, isn’t it?” Molly gripes as she follows us out, backed up by Lilly and Shiina. The door slams shut behind them and Shiina tries in vain to open it once more.

Locked. I think we’ve been had.” She glares at the door, as if trying to intimidate the door into opening.

“Or that we cannot return to The Nexus until we do what we were sent to do.” Lilly interjects.

“I believe you’re right, Miss Satou! You all may want to come and look at this.” Calls Shin from the end of the street.

We jog up to him and follow his line of sight, up Yamaku hill to the school itself. A gleaming white citadel amidst a quiet Japanese countryside. It looks so… alien. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen and certainly not like the Yamaku Academy I know.

“What are you students doing out of uniform!?” A booming voice calls to us from behind and we turn to see the source. A bulky figure appears in a sharp white and grey version of the standard Yamaku blazer.

“We are in uniform, pal!” Shiina calls back, then noticing that our uniforms are slightly different to Shin’s while Molly and Lilly aren’t in uniform at all. “Mostly.”

“And just who are you?” He growls, coming closer and almost looming over us. He might be of average height but his presence feels so much bigger for some reason. Like he radiates size from his already portly body.

“Shiina Mikado, douchebag! Who the hell are you?” I place a hand on Shiina’s shoulder to bring her back in line.

“HA! Miss Mikado wouldn’t slum it down here with you filthy rabble and she certainly doesn’t have brown hair!” He roars with laughter before his mood whip-lashes into pure anger. “Seize them!”

Columns of students armed with various weapons surround us like they were simply slid into place by an invisible force. Where ever we are, I don’t think the laws of physics work quite as well as they do back home.

The students train their weapons on us. This is more of a militia than an army… Most of these people are wielding, admittedly rather sharp, sports equipment. Our group is encircled and we stand back to back against this hostile new world. Molly whimpers before letting out two small words.

Oh boy.”
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swampie2

Re: The Fixers - "Leap of Faith" 18-8-15

Post by swampie2 »

This is crazy, Kenji!
"I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before..."

This is a very interesting idea, to say the least. I'm not going to lie, the first chapter of this story was completely lost on me. Once I knew it was an alternate universe type deal it clicked. I'm looking forward to finding out how each respective member's universe ran and their stories in said universe. It's looking good so far! I'm going to try collect my thoughts, this might end up being a long post. :lol:

I think that Shin comes from a coffee deprived universe, possibly where he knows Yuuko, or a similar Yuuko? Perhaps his universe is lacking in all edibles? He's not the monomyth Shin for sure. He knows about Lilly's element; Yet he comes from the VN timeline, so Shin seems to have put in some study time regarding elements.

Kenji may have dated his Yuuko before. He's either close friends with, or mortal enemies with Hisao given his remark when he wakes up.... Misha doesn't seem to know Molly's face, but does recognise Lilly's name? This gets more interesting by the second sharp.

Molly was dating Shin, that's a tough pill to swallow given this is a completely different shin. "A magical girl from a technological utopia" Magical? Hmm.

Lilly hasn't fallen out with the Hakamichi family, yet, at least. She seems to know about the multiverse as well, since she didn't freak out completely when Molly knew her first name out of nowhere.

I may be right, I may be horribly wrong, but this is all I could figure out so far, hope that helps with making this thing a little easier to write; Giving you a perspective on what your readers know and all that. :mrgreen:

“Shall we, Mr Setou?” He smiles and I open the door outwards,
This messed me up, I thought Kenji was calling Misha 'Mr Setou.'
One Shots - My stories thread.
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I believe I said before that I was totally in favour of this idea. I am still totally in favour of this idea. Partly because of this:
Sharp-O wrote:She is Britain’s chosen champion and can access all manner of mystical and legendary weapons.
If Molly doesn't summon Excalibur and Ascalon at some point in this series, I'll be surprised.

Anywho, I'm in! :D
Also, dat title card is pretty friggin' sweet.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Obviously I'm not going to spoil major plot elements but I'll clear up some of the things you said Swampie :)
swampie2 wrote:I think that Shin comes from a coffee deprived universe, possibly where he knows Yuuko, or a similar Yuuko? Perhaps his universe is lacking in all edibles? He's not the Monomyth Shin for sure. He knows about Lilly's element; Yet he comes from the VN timeline, so Shin seems to have put in some study time regarding elements.
This is the Shin from Foregone Conclusion so it's kind of obvious why he can't eat or drink normally. He's 'met' the Yuuko of his universe but never interacted with her because, the way his condition works, only those who've had a brush with death can see or hear him (and since everyone here was plucked from their universes at the moment of their deaths, they can see him). He doesn't know about elements but given his condition, he's hardly surprised that other unique individuals exist and is more than happy to meet them.
swampie2 wrote:Kenji may have dated his Yuuko before. He's either close friends with, or mortal enemies with Hisao given his remark when he wakes up.... Misha doesn't seem to know Molly's face, but does recognise Lilly's name? This gets more interesting by the second sharp.
You're not far off, sir. I'll give you that much.
swampie2 wrote:Molly was dating Shin, that's a tough pill to swallow given this is a completely different shin. "A magical girl from a technological utopia" Magical? Hmm.
Not dating but very close friends for sure.
swampie2 wrote:Lilly hasn't fallen out with the Hakamichi family, yet, at least. She seems to know about the multiverse as well, since she didn't freak out completely when Molly knew her first name out of nowhere.
Who says she didn't freak out? We start the story once Molly wakes up yet Shin and Lily were already awake :wink:
swampie2 wrote:I may be right, I may be horribly wrong, but this is all I could figure out so far, hope that helps with making this thing a little easier to write; Giving you a perspective on what your readers know and all that. :mrgreen:
As with Monomyth, some stuff is being kept from you but will be revealed in time. Glad to see you so interested in the story after only two chapters!
Alpacalypse wrote:If Molly doesn't summon Excalibur and Ascalon at some point in this series, I'll be surprised.
Anywho, I'm in! :D
Also, dat title card is pretty friggin' sweet.
Oh, she's certainly got an arsenal to draw from and a few other surprises too ;)

Thanks, I've got character portraits for all the cast so far :D
Last edited by Sharp-O on Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

Seriously tho, after reading what you've put up (of this series, that is), I'm sure that this has some good potential! Also, oh yes in Lilly kicking some asses with her walking stick, I'm looking forward to that :D
I'm not the best when it comes to put constructive criticism, but I hope you appreciate that I'll try to follow this and know that I can't wait for the next chapter!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

That will teach them to do mission briefings before sending out the agents... Or maybe it won't ^^°
Lilly hasn't fallen out with the Hakamichi family, yet, at least. She seems to know about the multiverse as well, since she didn't freak out completely when Molly knew her first name out of nowhere.
Did I miss something?
Why should Lilly have fallen out with the Hakamichi family, and why shouldn't Molly know Lilly's first name?
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

The Fixers - "Clash of Steel" 21-8-15

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter 02: Clash of Steel

-----Shiina-----

“And who exactly made you leader, blondie?” I ask with an accusatory tone. I don’t know why I’m pointing, I don’t even know if she can ‘see’ it with her weird radar sense or whatever it.

“Nobody, Shiina… This was just the most prudent option available.”

“Oh yeah, and it’s working out great for us!” I throw my arms wide, gesturing to the dank, dark cell we now find ourselves in. “Enlighten me, how does getting captured five minutes into the mission achieve anything?”

“We infiltrated deep into the heart of this… school… and we didn’t have to expend any energy to do so. The enemy is unaware of our capabilities and we’re about to meet the leader of this despotic Student Council.” Lilly explains calmly. Okay, that’s a good plan but still… “Shin, do you have any more information?”

“Over here, Miss Satou.” He says and she turns toward the sound of his voice. Whatever Shin’s power is, it makes him invisible to Lilly. Interesting…

“Skimming through the data, I’ve managed to gleam that this world saw the school in dire straights only to be saved by a conglomerate of rich families; namely the Satous and the Hakamichis.” He explains, flipping through the holographic display, projected from the bracelets Yuuko gave us. Kenji is also flipping through the information while Molly is on lookout.

“A global conflict erupted in the west and the Japanese government closed it’s borders. It seems the Shizune Hakamichi of this universe only recently organised the student body into a militia.” Kenji offers.

“What does she think a bunch of kids are going to do?” I ask incredulously. “Isn’t this one of the universes where the students are disabled?”

“Yes, but with the right financial backing, coupled with scientific and biological augmentation; they’ve turned the students into living weapons… It’s quite monstrous what they did to these kids.” Shin’s face drops.

“Sounds like Shizzy to me. Queen Bee finally got her hive…” I growl a little and Kenji closes his display.

“We’ll stop her, Shiina.” He says, placing his hand on my shoulder.

“You bet your ass we will.” I nod with a smirk, patting his chest with the back of my hand.

“Hmmm, interesting.” Shin raises his eyebrows. “There’s also a run-down of the Student Council members… I think, given time…”

“Time’s something we don’t have, Shin. Gears turning, three meters above and eight meters below.” Lilly looks up and, sure enough, the ceiling above slides away to reveal the bright blue sky.

“This isn’t a cell, it’s a lift…” Molly says, stepping away from the bars as the floor beneath us vibrates and we slowly begin to ascend.

“Here we go~” Shin beams. It’s kinda freaky how into all this he is.

“If we’re going to meet the Queen Bee, we might as well make an impression! Line up side-by-side!” Molly says excitedly, hurrying into a place beside Lilly. Me and Kenji look at each other before moving to Shin’s right. I guess Molly thinks we deserve a cool entrance. I’m inclined to agree. At the very least, we should look badass.

-----Shin-----

I’m glad my companions are getting into the swing of things. Flanked on either side, we actually look like a team. The platform screeches to a stop and the air is filled with a raucous chorus of booing.

“Christ, what the hell is that!?” Lilly winces to my left. Her hearing must be very sensitive and this cacophony of sound certainly wouldn’t help.

“It’s… an arena, Lills. Like in Rome. There’s a crowd and everything.” Molly says looking around.

“Looks like the whole school turned out for our audience with the queen…” Shiina snorts with disdain.

“It’s certainly… ostentatious. Are we going to be attacked by lions or something?” Kenji smirks and I chuckle.

“Much worse than lions, trespassers!” A voice yells behind us and we all turn to face what appears to be a throne. A young woman sits cross-legged upon it with a young male standing next to her.

“Shizune and Hisao? Those two are in charge?” Molly peers at the two in the distance.

“That is Lady Hakamichi to you, foreigner! Behold her majesty and tremble!” The voice is being relayed through speakers somewhere though how they’re hearing us is a mystery.

“Foreigner? Keep that up, pal and I’m gonna smash your {bloody} face in!” Molly growls before Lilly’s hand on her shoulder restrains her.

“It’s been quite some time since someone last dared to question my authority…” Hisao continues, clearly translating for Shizune. “Though I have to say, I never thought it would be such a… strange assortment of rebels. Just who are you and why are here?”

“We’ve come to put a stop to your regime, Lady Hakamichi.” I say with a smile, earning bemused stares from my team. “What? There’s no point lying.”

“Stop me? Ha-ha-ha! You’re very funny, though I think you’ll provide more entertainment… as sport!”

The ground rumbles again and another elevator rises between us and the throne.

“You just had to piss her off, didn’t you?” Shiina pushes my shoulder lightly.

“A fight was inevitable, Shiina. Shin, you said something about a plan?” Lilly tilts her head slightly to me.

“I only had a chance to glimpse the stats but I believe our opponents…” I say as the other elevator halts with a thud, revealing the other four student council members, clad in black suits.

“Holy shit.” Molly curses.

“I’ll second that.” Shiina agrees.

“Thirded…” And Kenji makes the trifecta.

“Please tell me that’s not who I think it is…” Lilly mutters.

“You see now why I said you are such a weird group. I believe you already know Lilly Satou, Misha Mikado and Kenji Setou. The big fellow is Taro Arai. The Studeeeeeent… COUNCIL!” Hisao announces their arrival and the crowds roars with applause.

“Son of a bitch, do they have to be so damn loud?” Lilly holds her hands over her ears.

“What’s your plan, Shin? You said you had a plan. Please say you have a plan.” Kenji turns to me with a nervous quiver in his voice and I nod with a smile.

“Of course, Mr Setou.” I activate the bracelet’s display and find the function I saw earlier. A holographic keyboard appears and I quickly type out a message to Molly, Kenji and Shiina.

[Miss Kapur, I would like for you to take the other Lily down if you feel up for it? Mr Setou & Miss Mikado, would you mind facing your doppelgangers?]

“Since they seem to be able to hear us, I thought it best not to give away the strategy.” I say and as they read the message they just received, they all nod in agreement as Lilly looks to the sound of my voice. “Miss Satou, would you kindly team up with me?”

“Um, sure. Which one do we have?” She asks, retrieving a thin, metallic cylinder from her jacket’s inside pocket.

“The large one.” I say and, to my surprise, she smiles.

“This is gonna be fun.”

“That’s the spirit, rebels! Now! Let the bloodsport begin!”

The crowd roars and my companions shift around to face their designated opponents.

“Wouldn’t it be cool if we had a theme song to kick in right now?” Molly smiles and we all laugh.

“Definitely, Molls. Good luck out there, guys. Try not to die.” Shiina gives a thumbs up to the girl at the other end of our line-up.

“Let’s do it… Huh, I guess we need a theme song and a team name…” Molly sighs a little dejectedly.

“We’ll think of something later. Team, take them down.” Lilly commands and we scatter, Lily taking a firm hold of my wrist and dragging me toward our quarry.

-----Molly-----

Man, this sodding day just gets weirder. First I meet another Lilly and now I’m going to fight yet another one.

“So who’s blood will my blade feast on today?” The taller blonde girl asks as she stops just ahead of me.

“Molly Kapur, nice to meetcha.” I smirk.

“Ah, the foreigner.” She replies, almost sounding a little disappointed. “Such a shame, to cut short a life already so short.”

“Getting real tired of that foreigner {bollocks}…” I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Take heart, child. Not many have the honour of meeting their end by my blade; Kusanagi.” She smiles as she unsheaths the blade from it’s scabbard. It’s a very nice katana, that much I can tell.

“Is it a magic sword?” I ask plainly, taking her by surprise.

“N-no, it is more than enough just to be the sharpest sword in Japan.” She answers and I sigh.

“That’s a shame. I was hoping for a fair fight.” I spread my arms wide and bring them together in a thunderous clap.

“Justice Like Lightning: Rhongomyniad!” I cry as I launch myself into the air, my legs releasing a burst of compressed air as I do. I thrust my arm forward to pull forth the mythical spear of lightning from a tear in space, a tear that allows me to summon my magical arsenal.

I use my momentum to perform a front flip, bringing the spear to bear against the black-suited Lilly. To my surprise, she manages to deflect the blow but I just circle around with the less-pointy end, only to be deflected again. She shouldn’t be able to do that…

“Your bravado will be your undoing!” Alternate Lily declares and swings her katana deftly. She strikes the slender shaft of Rhongomyniad and she gets a slight jolt for her trouble.

Gah! What was that?” She scowls, jumping back a little.

“Didn’t I mention? I have magic weapons. They might not be Japanese steel but they’re certainly the {Best of British}!” I grin as I thrust the spear forward, letting the shaft slide through my hand for extra reach. As I expected, she knocks the thrust away but I let the blow swing me in a wide arc, the kinetic energy and mystical lightning form an electrical pulse that knocks the blonde girl back.

“Impressive.” She smirks. “The last person to give me this much of a fight was Miura. I still killed her.”

Miki? She was pretty hard, even if she was powerless in my world. And she was a friend of mine! Okay, we’ve tried clashing blades, let’s try something else…

“Loose Love’s Arrow: Drystan!” I cry as I throw the spear upwards, sending it back to the weapon realm before pulling my enchanted bow from another tear. I was never good at first person shooters but with this thing, I don’t even have to aim.

Alt-Lilly prepares herself for an incoming projectile as I draw back the bow and let loose an arcane arrow. She doesn’t even swing as it hits her left shoulder and explodes in a shower of emerald light. She recoils and her face twists from confidence to shock in an instant.

“How did you hit me? I should have heard the arrow coming!”

Magic, bitch.” I narrow my gaze and loose three more arrows in quick succession, they hit exactly where I need them to. Right shoulder and both her legs. She crumples in a heap, releasing her sword. My legs launch me forward once more and I deliver a nose-shattering knee to her face, knocking her out. I skid to a halt and the crowd nearest to us can’t decide whether to boo or cheer. That was for Miki.

I pick up her blade and examine it. There’s definitely a magical aura to it… I guess she never realised it’s true power. I sheathe the blade in it’s scabbard and smile to myself.

“Cool, souvenir!” I say and toss the katana into a tear with Drystan. All done here, how are the others doing?
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Re: The Fixers - "Clash of Steel" 21-8-15

Post by Blank Mage »

Aw, and here I was hoping Archer Molly would use Excalibur to beat Saber. Also, I feel bad for the poor bastard who has to fight Kiritsugu Setou, who has probably already rigged the area they're standing on with explosives. I can't be a massive Fate/Stay Night fan and not notice these things, Sharp! I can't do it! And if Molly doesn't use Unlimited Blade Works by the end of this, I will riot!
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

Ok, that was pretty fucking awesome, I'll give you that, Sharp! :D
If at first I was skeptic at how you'll make the fighting scenes, now I'm sure I don't have to worry about them, since this one was really fun to read. Plus, I like the choice of the powers you gave to the MPs. Overall, good work and let's hope more people hop on this goodie.
Oh and Molly using the Rhongomyniad was pretty badass... mostly cause I'm a sucker for spears, but those are but details :lol:
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Blank Mage wrote:Aw, and here I was hoping Archer Molly would use Excalibur to beat Saber. Also, I feel bad for the poor bastard who has to fight Kiritsugu Setou, who has probably already rigged the area they're standing on with explosives. I can't be a massive Fate/Stay Night fan and not notice these things, Sharp! I can't do it! And if Molly doesn't use Unlimited Blade Works by the end of this, I will riot!
I was thinking people would pick up on the more overt homage I'm going for rather than the fact I used 'shopped Fate models :lol:

Molly will use Excalibur, but there's a reason why it's not her main :wink: Thanks for reading, Blank!
Decadent Albatros wrote:Ok, that was pretty fucking awesome, I'll give you that, Sharp! :D
If at first I was skeptic at how you'll make the fighting scenes, now I'm sure I don't have to worry about them, since this one was really fun to read. Plus, I like the choice of the powers you gave to the MPs. Overall, good work and let's hope more people hop on this goodie.
Oh and Molly using the Rhongomyniad was pretty badass... mostly cause I'm a sucker for spears, but those are but details :lol:
I hope I can keep the action fun and kinetic going forward and I'm a sucker for spears too!
Yukarin

Post by Yukarin »

Will she be using Laevateinn?
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Yukarin wrote:Will she be using Laevateinn?
Hi, Yukarin!

Slight spoilers but as shown in this chapter, Molly can add weapons to her arsenal that aren't connected to her status as Britain's champion and she already has weapons from Arthurian legend, Welsh and Irish folklore, Norse mythology and maybe a few others so it's quite conceivable that she might in the future ;)
Blank Mage
Location: My own personal hell, with a metered internet connection.

Post by Blank Mage »

Sharp-O wrote:I was thinking people would pick up on the more overt homage I'm going for rather than the fact I used 'shopped Fate models :lol:
I wasn't criticizing, at least not seriously. I just get excited when F/SN is involved. (That and Touhou.) (Is there a Yamaku in Gensokyo?)
Sharp-O wrote:Molly will use Excalibur, but there's a reason why it's not her main :wink: Thanks for reading, Blank!
Well, yeah, you never open with Excalibur, you gotta save it for the big moment. And of course I was going to read this, Molly is snarky teenage female Archer. That's.... that's impossible to pass up.
And we're back.
-----------
"I wish I could convey to you just how socially inept I am, but I can't."
"I think you just did."
"No, I really, truly haven't."