The Fixers - "School Daze" 28-9-15

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sharp-O

Re: The Fixers - "Mystery" 26-8-15

Post by Sharp-O »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:I was actually kinda hoping it was ghosts since I'm a huge ghost nut, but werewolves are cool too. Looking forward to seeing if Kenji made it, but it doesn't look good.
We may have ghosts in the future. There's bound to be more than just Shin, right? :wink:
Decadent Albatros wrote:
"...Monster-slaying is kind of in my job description.”
So, Molly's ALSO a bloody witcher? SIGN ME UP! :D
Mahou Shoujo tend to deal with all manner of monsters, right?

Decadent Albatros wrote:Anyway, I liked the dynamic of Shin and Lilly, not just about how she struggles in sensing him (you better fucking put a bell on him one day >:T) but also how they feel together. I don't know, I'm happy how Shin is finding a friend in Lilly but I also could be wrong and just making shit up. Long story short? Nice in explaining Shin's power(?) and good job in giving it more meaning, instead of just using it to fight bad guys.
Oh, Shin's not making shit up. For all intents and purposes, he is a ghost. Curiously, he doesn't remember his life... Might be something to that :wink: I thought their partnership might be an interesting dynamic to build-up, both on a personal level and for the team's sake.

Glad you're all enjoying the ride. I'll get back to this soon but until Monomyth is finished, this will be getting sporadic releases.
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

Sharp-O wrote:Glad you're all enjoying the ride. I'll get back to this soon but until Monomyth is finished, this will be getting sporadic releases.
The woes of doing two popular, well done fan fics at the same time. I'm glad we found out what Corpereal Absentia was too :P.
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Looking forward to more witcher molly and Shin x Lilly!

You changed your avatar sharp, I almost didn't recognize you. :lol:
One Shots - My stories thread.
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

swampie2 wrote:Looking forward to more witcher molly and Shin x Lilly!
can you make so her father's called Vesimir? :lol:
Hesmiyu
Location: England, United Kingdom, British Isles, Europe, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Hesmiyu »

Sharp-O wrote:There's going to be chapters where our heroes visit home and you'll definitely meet their friends, family and their universes as a whole.
So that means in nearly all the universes there will be two Kenjis :O and here I thought one was enough :P (I'm assuming this super Kenji survives :-P
The line below is false.
The line above is true.

Being disabled is just differently abled differently labelled.

My art: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=10190
Swim story(Currently 11 chapters long) http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=10221
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Hesmiyu wrote:So that means in nearly all the universes there will be two Kenjis :O and here I thought one was enough :P (I'm assuming this super Kenji survives :-P
Or that Shiina will be returning to her universe with no Kenny :'c
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:
Hesmiyu wrote:So that means in nearly all the universes there will be two Kenjis :O and here I thought one was enough :P (I'm assuming this super Kenji survives :-P
Or that Shiina will be returning to her universe with no Kenny :'c
Assuming anyone gets to go home.

Sharp-O

The Fixers - "Monsters" 3-9-15

Post by Sharp-O »

Chapter 06: Monsters

-----Shiina-----

“God damn it, Shiina, get your head in the game and shoot it!” Molly angrily calls out as I miss yet another shot at the beast. Not that she’s having much more luck. It still has Kenji hanging from it’s mouth… God, I feel sick.

Molly on the other hand looks like a woman possessed. She’s swinging that flame sword of hers wildly but the monster is dodging her easily. Breathe… Focus…

“Bang.”

I manage a glancing blow against the beast’s shoulder and it snarls before taking off past both me and Molly down the stairs. We give chase, but the damn thing’s so quick… At the bottom of the stairs on the third floor we’re met by Shin and Lilly.

“I take it that’s what we were sent to find?” Shin asks as he peers down the stair well after the monster.

“Was Kenji chasing it? I could hear his heartbeat as we approached.” Lilly asks and I collapse against the wall, struggling for breath and feeling the onset of a panic attack.

“Thank… God…” He’s alive… Thank you. “The… chupa-thingy…” I wheeze and Lilly crouches down next to me.

“It’s a fucking werewolf and it may very well being devouring Kenji as we speak. Shin, think you can cut it off by phasing through the floors?” Molly barks and Shin nods.

“I’ll try my best.” He begins sinking through the floor and looks over to me. “Don’t worry, Miss Mikado. We’ll get him back.”

“You better!” I hiss as I clamp my eyes shut and try to control my breathing.

“Lilly, I hate to ask but Shiina’s in bad shape, think you can watch her?”

“I’ll try my best.” She mutters sarcastically as Molly continues her chase down the stairs. I stifle a giggle and she looks up at me with a sly smile.

“I can hear your heart racing, Shiina. Are you okay?” She asks, looking at my chest.

“Just a panic attack…”

“Do you need me to do anything? I’ve never dealt with one before.”

“A distraction would be nice. Something good though. I hate bad surprises.” I sigh, resting my head against the wall and closing my eyes.

“Okay… Um… Do you know a Lilly Satou in your world? Molly and Shin seem to so I wondered if you and Kenji did.” She asks and I look at her deep cloudy-blue eyes.

“Not personally, just through a friend… Saw a picture of her once. She had shorter hair than you and the most beautiful…” I stop myself as I recall the poor girl’s fate. Lilly pats my hand tenderly.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“It’s okay, wasn’t in love with her or anything it was just… Mine and Kenji’s elements are less obvious than hers was.” I admit and she tilts her head in confusion, making me chuckle.

“She had wings, Lills. Big, gleaming white angel wings. Most beautiful thing I ever saw.” I say and a smile creeps across Lilly’s face.

“That sounds wonderful. To be able to fly.”

“Right? I bet she had a blast.” Lilly’s eyebrows scrunch together.

“You keep using past tense. Is she…?” I nod to cut her off and realise she probably can’t see me do that. Except she probably can. Her power is really confusing…

“Can we talk about this later? Think I’m good for now… We should go help the others.” I groan as I use my hands and feet bracing against the floor and wall to shimmy my way back up the wall. Lilly nods and I take her arm for support.

-----Shin-----

I slip through every wall that blocks my path and I still cannot find hide nor hair of the creature. Is it more than just a werewolf? I phase down onto the next floor and repeat my search. Nothing.

I bring up the data packet on this world through my bracelet's hologram display and search with a couple relevant keywords. Werewolves. Lycanthropy. Mythical Beasts. Nothing outside of the usual folklore… A few more stories in Japan than I’d expect, but no solid evidence or documentation. If there’s one, there must be others, right? Or is this the first? Too many questions, not enough answers.

“Shin, what the hell are you doing?” Molly’s temper is flaring as she approaches me from the left.

“Now that we know what we’re facing, I was checking for more information.” I explain and she shakes her head, her face twisted into a scowl.

“We don’t have time! It’s just a {sodding} werewolf, Shin. You know how we deal with these {arseholes}.” She hisses as she paces past me, flaming sword still in hand.

“I don’t, Miss Kapur. I’ve never encountered a werewolf before.” My words seem to stop her in her tracks. She raises her sword arm, only to throw her weapon into a tear. Her shoulders slump and her hands reach up to her face.

“For a moment. For the briefest second… I thought I was back home. With my Shin. My friend…” She sighs forlonrly and I place a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s okay. We’ll find Mr Setou soon enough.”

“Not ‘soon enough’, we’ll find him now. I’m not going to… I can’t let another person die in the jaws of one of those things…” Her voice becomes more strained but quieter until it’s all but a whisper.

“You’ve fought werewolves before.” I state and she nods meekly.

“Once or twice. The first time… It was the first time I failed to save someone. I wasn’t fast enough, not smart enough.” Her voice trembles and I squeeze her shoulder tighter. “I vowed never to let that happen again and to kill every god damn werewolf I found.” From a simpering whisper to a defiant growl, she turns to me with watery eyes filled with an intense determination.

“I’m not going to let Kenji die. Not while I draw breath.”

“Then let’s go find him, Miss Kapur.”

-----Kenji-----

“Urgh… What hit me?” I groan, thinking aloud as I ease my self up off my back. Oh yeah. Light pole. I reach up to my forehead to tend to the dull throbbing, only to find it’s already been taken care of. Who bandaged up my head?

“Oh good! You’re awake.” A deep, growling voice says in what sounds like a cheery manner. That doesn’t sound right… I look around to see a hulking mass of fur and teeth on the other side of the strange dark room I now find myself in. I instinctively throw up my hand and try to project a barrier. My head throbs wildly as a pathetically small hexagon flickers into existence, only for it to vanish just as quickly.

“Oh my! That was a neat trick.” Again with the cheery growl. Why can’t… Oh yeah… Concussion. Any type of knock to the head is enough to mess with my shield projections, even a simple slap to the head can mess with it. Nakai always does it so I can’t defend myself. Bastard. This time it’s my own damn fault for knocking myself out on a light pole… Stupid.

“And for my next trick, I’m going to lie down and hope you don’t eat me…” I groan, lying back down on what appears to be a rather old camping cot.

“Be careful not to fall asleep. I believe you have a concussion, mister…” Is that werewolf showing concern for me?

“Kenji. Mr Setou was my father.” I offer a joke and instantly regret it when that guttural voice begins laughing. Note to self: Don’t make the scary monster laugh.

“It’s been quite a while since I last had a guest as funny as you, Kenji. Since… Well, I’ve never had guests…”

From my prone position, I still manage to look around the room. It’s nice as far as dark pits go… There’s blankets covering most of the walls, a worn sofa, a collection of books and magazines, a couple potted plants in plastic bowls. Very cosy.

I rise again with a groan and the werewolf turns, taking a step towards me.

“Are you..?” It asks and I scramble back against the wall behind me. It stops and looks down at it’s paws. “Oh. Right. Please excuse my manners…” And then it bows. Freaky.

After straightening up, the creature begins to shrink, losing muscle mass and finally it’s fur until all that is left of the terrifying creature that I saw on the roof is a pile of shed fur around the feet of a naked girl. She smiles and I cover my eyes as my cheeks begin to burn.

“What’s… Oh! Oh my! My deepest apologies, Kenji. Like I said, I’m not used to guests. Gimme a sec!” Her voice is soft. Pleasant. Carrying the same timbre that was just now possessed by a terrifying wolf creature twice her size.

“Th-that’s okay! Please tell me you have s-some clothes around h-here you can put on.”

“Of course, silly! I’m not a savage!” She giggles. No, of course not… I hear rustling and a zipper before quietness. I think better of moving my hand away from face but when I feel warm breath on it, I pull it back and open my eyes wide, confronted with a surprisingly cute grin.

“Hello!”

“Um, hi?”

She’s five inches from my face. Does she have no concept of personal space?

“Would you like some tea, Kenji?” She asks, opening her eyes. My, what big eyes you have.

“Tea?” I ask quizzically and she nods enthusiastically, skipping across the room to a small tea set. At least she’s wearing clothes. A filthy white tank top and some tattered jeans.

“Of course! I might be a monster but that’s no reason not to be civilised!” She giggles. Tea with a werewolf. This day gets weirder every second… She carries the tray towards me and kicks over a wooden crate to place it on. She sits cross-legged and begins pouring out tea for both of us from a mismatched set.

“Where did you find tea in this place?” I ask nervously, assuming we're in the bowels of the school somewhere.

“The kitchen, of course! The pantry is still chock full. A lot of stuff’s a little old but perfectly usable.” She tries to reassure me with a giggle but I still feel uneasy about this ‘tea’ she’s pouring.

“Um, what’s your name? You know mine and I don’t feel right accepting tea from someone I don’t know the name of…” I smile warily and she looks at me surprised.

“Sorry! My manners are just piss-poor today, huh?” She says and I nod tentatively. She places the cracked tea-pot down on the tray and offers her hand at to me.

“I’m Hanako.”
Last edited by Sharp-O on Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AntonSlavik020

Re: The Fixers - "Monsters" 3-9-15

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Sharp-O wrote: chupa-thingy
Nice reference.

Anyways, nice to see Kenji's still alive. And I guess those people calling for it to be Hanako were right. Looking forward to more of the conversation with Hanako and Molly likely trying to kill Hanako due to what she is. Should be interesting.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:chupa-thingy
Nice reference.
*tips hat* It's what I do.
AntonSlavik020 wrote:Anyways, nice to see Kenji's still alive. And I guess those people calling for it to be Hanako were right. Looking forward to more of the conversation with Hanako and Molly likely trying to kill Hanako due to what she is. Should be interesting.
Fun fact, it was going to be Miki originally (think Curt Connors regrowing his arm when he becomes the Lizard but with fur and sass) but her personality was too close to MonoMiki so I switched it to Hanako with cabin fever. Enjoy the crazy! :lol:
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

IT'S A NEW DAY, YE-
I mean, IT'S A NEW CHAPTER, YES IT IS!

Jokes apart, as always you keep the good work and this time I think we're happy that our beloved eye-glassed friend is still alive and oh boy does he have a good company with him! It's weird to see Hanako almost acting like a mix of Emi and Miki, but hey it fits the theme of the FFiction so I won't mind; besides, I might start to like it soon enough :D . I wonder how things will progress and if perhaps we will see a new addition to the team? Anyway, things are looking good so yey for more plot!
One small thing: Lilly with angel wings might be one of the most beautiful sights I can imagine :cry: , y u do dis to me Sharp? D:
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Decadent Albatros wrote:One small thing: Lilly with angel wings might be one of the most beautiful sights I can imagine :cry: , y u do dis to me Sharp? D:
Lilly already is an angel.

We'll see angel-wing Lilly when the guys all take a vacation and visit all their timelines. I HOPE :lol: