What, this old (new) thing?

WORDS WORDS WORDS

cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Re: What, this old (new) thing?

Post by cpl_crud »

Ahhh, Emi x Misha.

I dig it.

I also dig the "no writing due to work" thang.

BTW we need to get you to the next "4LS does Komiket" or something. We nearly killed Weee. Suriko drank (and paritally enjoyed) tea because a Maid served him. We all failed miserably at singing "One Day More" but Lawls does a mean Stayin' Alive

I'll be subscribing to this...
My Novel - Now available The Zemlya Conspiracy
Blog: http://cplcrud.WordPress.com

------
<Suriko> Crud would be patting Hanako's head
<Suriko> In a non-creepy fatherly way
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Yeah, when your whole job is to write stuff all week it is slightly harder to find the time/energy to write more stuff in your spare time.

It would take a lot to get my ass to Japan, I fear. That shit is costly.
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

TheHivemind wrote:Yeah, when your whole job is to write stuff all week it is slightly harder to find the time/energy to write more stuff in your spare time.

It would take a lot to get my ass to Japan, I fear. That shit is costly.
The Yen is pretty weak at the moment so that helps sometimes, but it certainly isn't a budget holiday destination...

------
<NicolArmarfi> crud is trying to dress hanako up like miku and attempting to get her to pose for him in headphones and he burns money
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

An intensely pleasant vacation last week along with another trip down development memory lane the last few days has given rise to what I'm going to go ahead and call the end of this little tale. Like all good romances, it ends with puking.

That leaves Emi and Misha, sitting in a...well, not a tree, but Emi’s had enough to drink that the idea of K-I-S-S-I-N-G no longer carries the sort of weight it would normally carry (which has never been terribly much to begin with for Emi, though the gender of Misha in question and what the response in a public setting would be does not fail to enter her mind), so she musters up a casual enough tone to say “You know, I think now would be a pretty good time to get out of here, grab some more drinks, and watch a movie or something.” Misha, also feeling fairly relaxed and just about as pleased to be around Emi as she thinks is safe to allow herself to feel at the moment, falls right into Emi’s not-so-carefully placed trap and enthusiastically agrees. A general scraping of chairs and paying of tabs later and the two are strolling (or stumbling, depending on who you ask) their way back to Misha’s room where, as it turns out, there are already some cans of beer in the mini-fridge. The reaction to this discovery is greeted with the sort of praise unique to the slightly drunk, and Emi plops herself unceremoniously down on Misha’s futon with a can of beer and less-than-pure intentions. Misha continues to exhibit an almost superhuman ability to not notice Emi’s obvious intent, years of telling herself “don’t get your hopes up you have friends and those are enough, don’t fuck up another friendship what in the world do you think they invented vibrators for, it was so you don’t fuck up another friendship that is why” having done their job almost a little too well.

It comes as a legitimate surprise to Misha, then, when in the middle of her making some comment about the actress in the film they’re watching and what she, Misha, thinks of her abilities to act (they are nonexistent), Emi (who has found Misha’s running commentary to be funny and endearing and attractive somehow) gives her a piercing look (causing Misha to trail off and cock her head to the side inquisitively), grabs her shirt, and pulls Misha into contact with her--specifically, with her face--even more specifically, with her lips. Misha has a brief moment of confusion, followed by a moment of fear--a sort of “what the fuck is going on here” train of thought culminating in, aided by the alcohol swimming through her veins, the decision to enthusiastically respond to the kiss and Emi’s rather demanding attempts to embrace and otherwise unleash a solid month’s worth of pent up feelings which the two of them both realize have been boiling under the surface of their recent interactions.

Of course, the two are both pretty drunk, and so when Emi decides to escalate things by pushing Misha down on the bed she forgets which way the bed is actually facing and succeeds only in causing Misha to lose her balance on the bed’s edge and fall right the fuck off, which brings things to a halt--not for reasons of injury, but for reasons of Misha laughing uncontrollably while Emi tries to apologize. The laughter eventually dies down and Misha, staring up from the ground at her compatriot, attempts to make some kind of comment as to what’s just happened (the kissing thing, not the falling-off-the-bed thing).

Unfortunately, all she manages is a weak, “What brought that on?”

The question gives Emi pause, briefly, before the old Emi--the one who’s confident and the fastest thing on no legs and maybe even a little cocky, responds with a smirk and “Was that not clear? Should I…” and here Emi’s expression becomes downright seductive, or at least seductive for someone who is slightly drunk and looking down at the person they accidentally pushed on the floor, “repeat myself?”

Somehow, the line is delivered with enough confidence that Misha’s response is not to laugh, but to pull herself off the floor and push Emi down on the bed--in the proper direction so as to not fall out of bed, no less--looming over her in a way that leaves various bits of Emi downright elated. “That won’t be necessary,” Misha purrs (discovering a register of voice that she did not realize she possessed), and this time it’s her who initiates contact.

The bed is, unfortunately, not exactly made for two, and there are, of course, some fumblings seeing as it has been, as Misha gasps at one point, “a long time,” but there’s very little enthusiasm like drunken, horny enthusiasm, so the two do eventually get things off the ground, so to speak, and the do not actually fall asleep until the film has ended and the DVD menu music has looped a sufficient amount of times that Emi throws her leg at the television to turn it off. Misha snores slightly, but Emi finds it soothing somehow and drops off to sleep herself without thinking too hard about what they’d been doing.

Sunlight finds the two spooning under tangled sheets, which, Emi considers as she groggily surveys her situation--namely, the feeling of Misha pressed against her back and the arm looped (a little protectively) around her waist--is a far cry from the situation she’d expected herself to be in at this point. It also occurs to Emi that this is the first time in a very long time that she’d fallen asleep in a bed with another person--vigorous nighttime activities or not, Emi’s always had a strict policy of retiring to her own room afterwards, barring one exception, but had felt so content the previous evening that the thought never entered her mind--not even once.

Misha, for her part, had always figured she would say something romantic if this situation ever happened to her, but instead she wakes up feeling like she is about to vomit, and shortly after extricating herself from the sheets, runs to the bathroom to do so.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Bravo. Hilarious, touching, and otherwise... wise.
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

Is it a one night stand if you have no legs?

I'm a terrible person, but I think that this was the Emi path that we all wanted to read...

------
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

cpl_crud wrote:Is it a one night stand if you have no legs?

I'm a terrible person, but I think that this was the Emi path that we all wanted to read...
This is the only Emi path that means anything.

The moral is "there's no enthusiasm like horny drunken enthusiasm."
emmjay

Post by emmjay »

Or if you're too drunk to stand?
Yuuko > Akira > Miki > Meiko > Sae.

Some one-shots I've written (Updated 7/29/2017)
cpl_crud
Project Scapegoat

Post by cpl_crud »

emmjay wrote:
But they're both girls...?

------
brythain

Post by brythain »

cpl_crud wrote:
emmjay wrote:
But they're both girls...?
It's still a beast with two backs, I guess. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

“don’t get your hopes up you have friends and those are enough, don’t fuck up another friendship what in the world do you think they invented vibrators for, it was so you don’t fuck up another friendship that is why” having done their job almost a little too well.
there’s very little enthusiasm like drunken, horny enthusiasm
I loved how you phrased this.
This is the only Emi path that means anything.
There you go people. It's official.
Have you ever been so drunk you couldn't remember whether or not you had legs?
Not Dead Yet
TheHivemind
Path Writer

Post by TheHivemind »

Oddball wrote:
“don’t get your hopes up you have friends and those are enough, don’t fuck up another friendship what in the world do you think they invented vibrators for, it was so you don’t fuck up another friendship that is why” having done their job almost a little too well.
there’s very little enthusiasm like drunken, horny enthusiasm
I loved how you phrased this.
Glad you liked it! I particularly liked those phrases myself.