Sharp-O's One-Shots! "A Matter of Memory" 05/01/24

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Sharp-O

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "In a Bind" Update!

Post by Sharp-O »

A tale of bound desire with Misaki Kawana.

In a Bind

I feel the tension in my brace as I stretch; the customary suffocating feeling that accompanies my every movement. It’s slight but constant, enough that you never really get used to it. I let out a sigh as I ease back into the bean bag I’m sitting in. I cross my legs and slide through the pictures I’ve taken for the day.

They’re the usual assortment of voyeuristic shots of people around campus. Ibarazaki on the track, trying to outrun something only she knows about. Misha looking wistfully at Shizune when she thinks no one notices. Molly drinking a watermelon soda. The newbie helping Tezuka with her mural. Molly trying to hold her skirt down during a strong breeze. Yuuko in a rare moment of composed beauty. Molly… getting dressed.

I frown and shut the camera off. Try as I might, I can’t get that girl out of my mind. I’ve known her for almost three years now and yet I never thought about her like this until a month ago. The events of a rainy, painful, night play in my mind. I release a sad sigh into the quiet in the library as I close my eyes.

“Just relax, Misaki.” I hear that whisper in my mind, like it’s in my ear. If sound were taste, her exotic cocktail of accents would be delicious. Her voice was a sumptuous medley of spice and sweetness, soothing me to my core.

If her touch were music, her fingers dancing across my bare skin would be equal to the precision of a concert pianist. I squirm against my brace, letting the pressure emulate it across my shoulders, her touch that night burnt away all the pain with an intense passion.

I writhe in the bean bag, the pressure of my brace and the thoughts of her filling me with warmth. My mouth moves but I can’t hear words, if there were any. I open my eyes to the soft afternoon light to look around and I’m just as alone as I was five minutes ago. It’s deafly quiet, my heart beat and piqued breathing the only sound in my world. I rub my thighs together a little before placing both hands on them. I daren’t. Not here.

I get up with an exasperated sigh, placing my camera in my bag and walking slowly out of the library, scanning the stacks for signs of life as I go. For the briefest instance, I see a shape amongst the rows of books but when I focus, there’s nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As is to be expected of the bedroom of a photographer, my walls are littered with my work, most of which is from the last three years. It’s a mural to my experiences here and it fills me with nostalgia. I unbutton my blouse and skirt; allowing both to fall to the floor, revealing the serpentine series of straps across my spandex clad torso and hips.

The SpineCor corrective brace is a relatively modern piece of gear, all but untested here in Japan. I’m one of the few Scoliosis sufferers here lucky enough to partake in a trial organised by the school nurse and funded by Yamaku‘s backers, or so I‘m told. It’s definitely one of the best brace systems I’ve used and, thankfully, is one of the few designed for adults so I can keep wearing it. The one downside is that I have to spend twenty hours a day in this rig. It can be suffocating at times but it’s a tremendous help.

I breathe slow as I begin to unbuckle the various straps. The first few times, I had the nurse’s help to get in and out of it but with some minor adjustments, he helped me figure out a system where I could do it myself, both for my independence and for my modesty.

I slide the harness slowly off my legs and remove my spandex undersuit. I stand in the centre of my room, bare and liberated for the next four hours. I stretch out and let my skin breath, a contented smile spreading across my lips. Freedom has never felt so sweet.

Feeling satisfied and refreshed after a long shower, I don a comfy blue tank top and shorts and take my camera out of my bag. I retrieve the memory card and slot it into my laptop to transfer today’s images. As the transfer runs, there’s a knock at my door.

I slowly slide my door open to find a petite, dark-skinned girl with onyx plated twin tails. My heart skips a beat as she speaks.

“Good evening, Misaki.” Her smile is captivating and her voice rings in my ears.

“Um, Hi, Molly? W-what can I do for you?” I answer, my throat inexplicably dry all of a sudden.

“I was hoping I could be of service to you, actually…” She suggests, stepping into my room and closing the door behind her. “You looked to be in pain earlier and I thought I might be able to help… alleviate it.”

“Earlier?” I ask, puzzled.

“In the library.” Her ochre eyes penetrate me as I realise I was never alone there. She was… watching me. A shiver runs up my curved spine as she looks past me at my laptop; a singular, damning, photo making this situation all the more awkward. She steps over to my desk and examines the picture closely. I wince as she tilts her head in thought. I’m screwed.

“You have quite the eye, Misaki… The form, the colour composition… Quite impressive.” Her compliments just make my heart rate sky rocket.

“But if you wanted me to model for you…” She continues, turning and plucking the buttons of her school blouse one by one as she walks towards me, the sway of her hips mesmerising me.

“You could… have just… asked.” The last two buttons are undone with her words and the blouse shrugged off her shoulders with the very last. My mind and heart are racing but when her lips touch mine, the world melts away and I am ensnared once again by Molly Kapur. Bound by her touch and suffocated by desire.

Freedom is overrated.
Sharp-O

Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Half-Boiled" - 9/7/15 Update!

Post by Sharp-O »

Half-Boiled

The rhythmic rapping on my door wakes me up. Sunday. 9:30am. I groan as I shift into a sitting position, a loud yawn lazily floating from my open mouth. The same rhythmic rapping. I get it, I’m up! Mostly.

“Rise and shine, wallflower. We’ve got things to see and people to do!” A familiar voice calls through the door. That’s right, I asked Akio to help me with errands for the Newspaper Club… Ugh, guess I better get up then.

“Oh! Hi, Lilly,” Akio calls in the hallway. Oh no, he didn’t disturb Lilly, did he? “No, I’m just picking up the underwear I left here last night.” WhatthefuckareyoudoingAkio?

I make a mad dash to the door and slide it open fully, my eyes wide and darting between Akio and… No one. Akio grins that stupid grin of his when he’s played me. I know he wants to break me out of my comfort zone but he can be a real jackass about it.

“Th-that’s not funny, Akio!” I glare, cheeks flushed.

“I‘m sorry, it didn’t seem like you were going to answer and like I said; things to see, people to do.” He smirks. That’s not even the right phrase…

“Are you going to invite me in or do I have to break out the love confession?” He gestures past me.

“I’m in m-m-my nightgown, you p-p-perv!” I stutter back. You’re giving him what he wants, calm down.

“Would it make you feel more comfortable if I took my shirt off?” He asks with mock concern. Auuuugh. Fuck you, Akio!

“W-w-wait out h-h-here and d-d-don’t harass my dorm-mates.” I close the door, never breaking eye contact with him. “And d-don’t you d-dare pull this sh-shit again.”

I hear him laugh as I go to get dressed. Damn that boy.

Natsumi and Naomi gave me my first assignment after a week. Apparently there’s someone stealing books from the library. Akio offered to accompany me to the Shanghai to ask Yuuko some questions. For someone who’s in the Literature Club, he’s spending an awful lot of time helping me with my club activities.

“I-I tried to join the Lit. Club once…” I idly mention as we walk down the hill from Yamaku. I hope he hasn’t heard about that…

“I heard about that!” He exclaims. Crap… “Didn’t Lezard try to ask you a question about your reading habits and you flipped the table at him?” What!?

“I d-didn’t do that!” I gasp, Akio cackling at my reaction.

“I know, I’m just playing.” He puts on that stupid grin of his and I almost forgive him. “So what story have the higher-ups deemed worthy of your talents, Hana?”

“Yuuko s-suspects someone is stealing b-books from the library.” I furrow my brow at the thought. What kind of monster does that? Especially here?

“Clearly we’re on the tail of a dangerous felon. It’s a good thing you brought your muscle!” He flexes his free arm and I raise my hand to my mouth to giggle. I don’t know how he does it but all his dumb jokes strike a cord with me. I wonder if he tones down his usual jokes for my benefit. I hope not…

“Y-you’ll make an adequate m-meat shield.” I smile, tilting my head in that cute way I’ve seen girls do in Manga.

“Hanako! Are you just using me for my body?” He holds his hand to his chest in faux shock.

“W-would you c-complain if I d-did?” I raise a quizzical eyebrow at him. Let’s see your comeback to that, funny guy. He seems taken aback by that reply. Oh no, did I go too far? I hope I haven’t offended him…

“I’d be more concerned that you settled for an asshole like me…” He replies after a few seconds contemplation with a twinge of sadness in his voice. What does he mean by that?

“You m-might be an asshole, Akio b-but you’re the funny kind, the one who doesn’t shy away from saying w-what he f-feels. I wouldn’t h-have b-befriended you if you were a real asshole, right?” I offer my best, coyest smile. Give in to the big-eyes. They make everything better.

“Okay! Okay! Just… Stop with the eyes. Seriously, how do you not get everything you want with that little trick?”

“Who says I d-don’t?” I giggle and Akio just shakes his head.

“Damn, I think you might just be more than a match for me!” He admits, laughing.

“D-don’t test me, Akio, I’ll pass every t-time!” I playfully wink. Did I do it right? I’ve never done it before…

“And now you’re stealing Taro’s lines. You’re just full of surprises, Miss Ikezawa.” He nudges me with his elbow. Eep!

“W-w-well, one of u-us has to pay attention in c-class!” I half-joke, trying not to freak out at the sudden human contact. He just offers a smile in return.

“Touché.”

Yuuko wasn’t too much help but she at least had a list of books that had gone missing. She gave it to us while she went to fetch our order.

“This list paints a picture of a very sad individual with no social graces or ability to talk to women.” Akio states plainly, after listing off a rather eclectic list of books; half of which I’d never heard of, let alone read.

“But we know that you can’t r-read so y-you’re in the… c-clear…” I lose my nerve halfway as Akio stares straight at me. I think I definitely stepped over the line that time. A half-smile creeps onto his face as he closes his eyes and shakes his head.

“You got me good there, Hana. Dead to rights.”

“Y-you can’t be th-that bad with girls. I’m here, r-right?” I smile genuinely. I was only teasing, Akio

His face burns red and he averts his eyes a little. “Heh. Guess you’re right. When it comes to talking to girls, you’re like a boss character.” Oh, you cheeky…

“R-run, coward! I hunger!” I giggle a little at my own joke.

“How old are you to pull out that reference?” He leans in with a sceptical look.

“I read the internet t-too, y’know!”

Yuuko arrives with our drinks; tea for me and hot chocolate for Akio.

“Th-thank you, Yuuko.” I smile, taking the delicate cup and turning it a few times.

“No p-problem, Hanako…” She gives a rapid bow and leaves. Akio, thankfully, waits until she’s out of ear shot before taking a jab.

“God, it’s like stuttering in stereo with you two.” He chuckles and I narrow my eyes at him.

“D-don’t be a j-jackass.” I scold and his raises the mug to his lips with a villainous smile before he mimics me.

“S-s-sorry.” One of these days, I’m going to slap the shit out of him. Then feel awful about it. Then maybe a little satisfied…

We spend the afternoon discussing the story and making fun of each other. It feels… refreshing to be able to do that. I’ve never really felt comfortable enough to give Lilly grief and she’s not likely to do the same. I love Lilly to bits but our friendship borders on her being maternal more than us being close friends. I kind of hate that sometimes.

“What’s on your mind, Hana?” Akio asks as we walk back up the hill to Yamaku.

“Just thinking about how much f-fun it is to hang around with you.” I respond with a smile and minimal stuttering.

“Wow, that’s…” I think I’ve actually flustered him. Heh, cute. “That’s really nice of you to say, Hana. I like hanging out with you too. I never thought you’d be able to cut me down as well as you did today.” He chuckles a little.

“S-sorry if I went too far…”

“Don’t be, if you actually offended me, I would’ve left. Seeing you today… I never would have pegged you for having such a rapier wit. I bet Lilly thinks I’m a bad influence on you though!” He laughs, and I shake my head.

“I think she sees th-that you’ve helped m-me a lot.” I cast my eyes down a little. “Plus it’s nice to have o-other friends too…” I quietly admit. Akio either doesn’t want to press the issue or simply doesn’t notice, either way it was good to get that off my chest.

“Applied Cryptography. The Art of War. Culture of Conspiracy. The Feminist Mistake and For Your Eyes Only… There’s got to be a common theme here but I’m not seeing it.” Akio scrunches up his face in thought, rereading the list.

“It could be that there’s m-more than one thief?” I offer. “Rather than one person stealing a b-bizarre assortment, maybe it’s several people…”

“I’ll put the squeeze on the Lit. Club, see what shakes loose.” He shrugs, sounding a little like a noir character.

“Thank you, Akio. You’re q-quite the half-boiled detective.” I giggle.

“I think you meant hard-boiled.”

“No, I d-didn’t!” I cackle a little louder than usual.

“Yo, Hana!” Calls Akio, accompanied by a series of rapid knocks. It’s almost curfew…

“Wh-what’s wrong, Akio?” I ask as I open the door.

“I’ve got a lead on our mysterious book thief. Suzu’s spotted strange lights in the library after closing, since her room faces it.” He grins. That’s something at least but what--

“And, because I’m a card-carrying member of the Literature Club and we help out in the library from time to time…” He produces out a non-descript mortice key from his pocket. He can’t possibly mean…

“I’m a-already in my nightgown, Akio… I was j-just going to b-bed.” I protest but he’s having none of it.

“Then get dressed, partner. We’ve got a thief to catch!”
Last edited by Sharp-O on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
swampie2

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Half-Boiled" - 9/7/15 Update!

Post by swampie2 »

Akio X Hanako!

She's going to be broken when she finds out he's gay :c

Very nice chapter, I'm loving the Hanako stories right now.
One Shots - My stories thread.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:Akio X Hanako!
Akinako or Hanakio? :D
swampie2 wrote:She's going to be broken when she finds out he's gay :c
Well... :roll:
Monomyth - Chapter Fourteen: Three of a Kind wrote: “I guess it’s time for my grand finale…” He rises from his chair, leaving his cane rested against the desk. He takes a deep breath and raises his head, his eyes red raw and water stains running down his cheeks. “Taro… Ritsu… I am bisexual and… As Taro already figured out, I realised after he talked me down off the roof. I guess when you play hero like only Taro can, even a guy’s gotta fall for him, right?”
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

You know, I've decided I don't mind your Hanako being so OOC - I'm enjoying this story way too much.

And that video game reference was really obscure. I almost didn't find it googling.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Mirage_GSM wrote:You know, I've decided I don't mind your Hanako being so OOC - I'm enjoying this story way too much.
Thanks, I'm glad you are! :D I know my Hanako is a little OOC, mostly due to influence from a different set of friends, but I think we can all agree that a Confident Hanako is best Hanako.
Mirage_GSM wrote:And that video game reference was really obscure. I almost didn't find it googling.
I've added a link to make it easier for peeps
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

Well that was allot of fun, as always. Whether they eventually get together (Hanakio?) or stay as friends I'd be satisfied, as their current interaction is very fun.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:
Monomyth - Chapter Fourteen: Three of a Kind wrote: “I guess it’s time for my grand finale…” He rises from his chair, leaving his cane rested against the desk. He takes a deep breath and raises his head, his eyes red raw and water stains running down his cheeks. “Taro… Ritsu… I am bisexual and… As Taro already figured out, I realised after he talked me down off the roof. I guess when you play hero like only Taro can, even a guy’s gotta fall for him, right?”
Yeah... I was just testing you. :oops:
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:Well that was allot of fun, as always. Whether they eventually get together (Hanakio?) or stay as friends I'd be satisfied, as their current interaction is very fun.
Agreed, I'm having fun with them but I am torn between actually making them a couple or not. There's pros and cons to both sides but I'll see how the story plays out and whether it feels natural or not.
swampie2 wrote:Yeah... I was just testing you. :oops:
Don't test me, I'll pass every time :wink:
Decadent Albatros

Post by Decadent Albatros »

WOAH, WOAH! Is that true? O_O

Anyway, yeah I'm digging a lot this wittier and step-by-step more confident Hanako, it's very refreshing! At the moment, Akio X Hanako might just be up there when it comes to KS Ships! :D
Well done, I can't wait to see more of this amazing duo, and from you ofc!
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

Decadent Albatros wrote:

WOAH, WOAH! Is that true? O_O
If you take a look at the quote in my response, you'll see it's kinda true :wink:
Decadent Albatros wrote:Anyway, yeah I'm digging a lot this wittier and step-by-step more confident Hanako, it's very refreshing! At the moment, Akio X Hanako might just be up there when it comes to KS Ships! :D
Well done, I can't wait to see more of this amazing duo, and from you ofc!
Given the responses I'm getting, I'd be a fool not to do more, eh?
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

I'M BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!!! and I missed two stories in that time :(

Okay, stuff to say:
In a Bind
Simultaneous :lol: and :oops:
I can ship it :D
Half-Boiled
I can ship that too XD
On a more serious note, I love these little side stories you have with these two, they're great!

Keep up the good work, Sharp-O!
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
Sharp-O

Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Laughter in The Dark" - 11/7/15 Update

Post by Sharp-O »

Laughter in The Dark

“Nocturne Joker Foils Library Looting: Missing Books Found.” I read aloud, as I cross my legs and lean back in my chair, Hanako nodding enthusiastically as I do. The byline bears her name; Hanako Ikezawa. Hm. I should at least get double-billing. I look at the picture taken by Naomi of the black, non-descript scarf, which our book thief was wearing as a mask. Dumb bastard trapped it in the door as he ran away.

“Well!?” Hanako beams. “W-what do you think of it?” Despite replacing any mention of me with this Nocturne Joker character we hastily invented on the spot, it’s a very well-written, professional piece. For a first-timer. Nocturne Joker… I laugh internally at how ludicrous it sounds. We’d caught the guy red-handed, what were we going to do? Tip off that his opponents were a cripple and a girl with social anxiety? I thought about what Taro would do and created a bullshit hero persona with some help from Hana. She’s pretty quick on the draw when it comes to words, despite her stuttering. I rambled off some cliché spiel and he panicked and ran. To be honest, I can’t believe it worked.

“It’s great, Hana! Pulitzer Prize nominated.” I smile to the raven-haired reporter who seems giddy at the positive feedback.

“Thanks, Akio. I c-couldn’t have done it without you.” She really could have. All I did was throw my voice a little.

“Right? I was carrying this assignment for you and then you take all the credit at the end. You’ve certainly got the cut-throat attitude of newspaper reporter!” I laugh, hoping she’ll follow suit. She does, but only after narrowing her eyes in displeasure. She squirms a little in place, either because she’s about to ask something or because she needs the bathroom. It’s never the bathroom.

“Listen, Akio… Lilly is d-doing this thing for my b-- For my baaah--” She’s struggling to get the words out, becoming more agitated. C’mon Hana, use your words. Lemme help.

“Biology test?” She shakes her head.

“Bowling tournament?” Again but more vigorously.

“Bat mitzvah?” I raise my eyebrows in a ‘Did I get it right?’ expression which makes her snort with laughter. Gotcha.

“Do I look Jewish?” She asks, somewhat incredulously and I continue the offence.

“I dunno, do you?” She’ll get the word out if I keep pushing.

“It’s for my birthday, you j-jackass!” She giggles a little before her face become glum. “A-and Lilly’s farewell party…” Oh, I’d heard rumours about that. No jokes, Akio. Play it sincere.

“Well, I can’t refuse the offer of a pretty girl to attend a birthday. I’d be honoured, Hana.” I shoot her a genuine smile and she blushes a little. She gives me the time and Lilly’s room number before Taro and Ritsu walk in and take their seats. I give a sly smile to Hanako before tossing the paper across Ritsu’s desk and onto Taro’s.

“Read it and weep, ‘Hero of Yamaku’. You‘ve got competition.” I know he’ll appreciate the friendly rivalry. It’s one of his show’s favourite tropes.

Can’t believe I’m fucking late. Way to go, asshole. I’m about twenty minutes late for the time Hanako gave me. That’ll teach me for getting changed into something less dorky than my uniform. I rap my knuckles on the door a couple times and I hear muffled voices. The door slides open and I’m greeted by a blonde-haired woman in a pin-stripe suit.

“Um. Hi. Is this Lilly’s room?” I ask, confused.

“Is he a scruffy-looking sort?” The woman asks into the room behind her. Scruffy? Have you seen your hair?

“Yay! That’s him!” A cheery voice calls back. Who else is in there?

The woman steps back to allow me entrance. I’m greeted by Hanako in her familiar nightgown and Lilly with her hair down in some dark blue pyjamas. I look to the woman closing the door behind me.

“Well, at least I’m not the most over-dressed person here.” I offer a goofy grin and she offers one back as she takes a seat next to Lilly. Lilly does her usual restrained laugh and Hana loses her shit in a fit of laughter. What the fuck is wrong with he-- Oh. I notice the two wine bottles and tea set on the small table in the middle of the room. Deep breaths, Akio. You don’t have to drink it. You WON’T drink it.

“Good evening, Akio. Thank you for joining us.” Lilly gestures towards the drinks on the table and my blood runs cold. “Can I interest you in something to drink?”

“Um, is that tea still warm?” I chuckle nervously and judging by Lilly’s terrible poker face, she wasn’t expecting that.

“I believe so…” She cups her hand around the pot and nods to my last known position, but I’d already hobbled over to take a seat next to Hanako.

“Tea would be great, thanks.” I shouldn’t find it funny when her head suddenly snaps to my new position but I do. I offer a small smile to the woman and she seems amused by it too. “I’m Akira, Lills’ big sister.” She offers a hand and I graciously accept.

“I’m Akio, Hana’s classmate.” Hanako leans over a little and points at me.

“He’s the funny guy…” She whispers a little too loudly.

“I figured.” Akira chuckles.

“Akira. Akio. Akirio and Akioooora.” Hanako giggles to herself before taking another swig of wine.

“You’re certainly merry.” I comment to Hanako while taking the tea cup from Lilly’s hands.

“It’s that Akira. She’s a bad influence…” Hanako says conspiratorially. I look between Hanako and Akira, the latter shrugging in amusement.

“Well I’m glad I’m not the only bad influence on you then.” I laugh. This is really surreal. Is this what I’m like drunk?

“Oh, you’re a terrible influence.” Hanako grins. “Making fun of me... Pushing my buttons… Making me swear! You’re a bad boy, Akiooo.”Okay, she’s a funny drunk, that’s something.

I nervously smile at Akira and Lilly, who seem all too amused by Hanako’s playful scolding. I’ve walked right into a trap, haven’t I?

The blonde sisters offer up their gifts. Well, Lilly does, it’s a cute little doll. Akira is apparently responsible for the wine. Bad influence, indeed. Not that I can say much… I’ve refilled my cup with coffee after asking permission from Lily to make a fresh pot. I’m pretty sure they’re all wondering why I’m not drinking the wine. Shall I be honest if they ask? I don’t see why no--

“Do you have a present for Hanako, Akio?” Crapcrapcrap, I didn’t even think about that! Think, Akio, think! What can you offer? What would make Hanako… laugh.

“I do, indeed…” Her face brightens a little but is unaware of me picking up a ribbon off her bedside table. Akira and Hanako watch me carefully as I delicately wrap the ribbon around my neck and tie an admittedly haphazard bow. Akira seems equal parts confused and amused and Hanako is staring in wide-eyed wonderment.

“Lilly, I am wearing a neat little bow around my neck.” I explain, before turning to the grinning Hanako. “My present to you, Hana, is being present.” There’s silence for a second. For the love of god, somebody PLEASE laugh… Akira and Hanako both burst out laughing while Lilly looks perplexed.

“Bravo, Akio! That was equal parts corny and slick!” Akira applauds a little and Hanako is in hysterics. Lilly seems to finally catch on and raises her hand to her mouth.

“Oh my, that is quite clever!”

“Not going to have any at all?” Lilly says, suggestively waving the wine bottle in her hand.

“Really, I’m fine. I… I’ve had issues with alcohol in the past. Hana knows about it but I didn’t think I should stop you guys from having a good time because I can't handle my drink.” I grimly admit but with a small smile so I don’t completely kill the mood. Two seconds tick by before a small hiccup comes out of Hanako, breaking the brief second of tension. She’s definitely flagging. Her speech is slurring and she can barely sit up. As she offers up her empty glass with a grin, I place a hand over the top and Akira stops Lilly. She seems to agree with me.

“I think you’ve had enough, Hana… You’re barely awake.” I chuckle a little and she slumps onto my shoulder, leaving her glass on the table.

“You’re probably right, Akiooo~” She gives me a dumb grin. I look to the sisters.

“Which room is hers? I’ll go put her down for the night.”

“Sure you can handle it, man?” Akira asks, looking at my cane.

“Enough people have carried my sorry, drunken ass home,” I grimly admit as I rise. “It’s about time I paid that forward.” I offer a reassuring smile to the Satou sisters and offer my hand to Hanako.

“C’mon, lightweight. We don’t want you becoming a scandal in your own newspaper.” She takes my hand and eases herself up. She says her goodbyes, clutching her doll in one hand and taking my arm with her other. She stumbles a little but manages to guide me to her room. We step inside and she lets go of my arm.

“Thanks, Akioooo~ You’re too hic good to me.” She sways in place for a second, her eyes barely focusing on me.

“I’m really not. But you’re welcome.” I chuckle a little as Hanako’s eyes narrow and she fumbles with the bow around my neck. I forgot I was even wearing it.

“Hana… What are you doing?” I raise an eyebrow as she struggles to untangle the simplest of knots.

“I’m unwrapping my present…” She smiles and steps closer. Oh shit, is she saying what I think she’s saying? She manages to pull the knot loose and remove the ribbon. “Yay hic I did it…” She whispers as she leans in closer, her lips pursing ever so slightly. Stop her, stop her now, you better fucking stop her!

I place both hands on Hanako’s shoulders firmly, my cane dropping to the ground, startling her a little. She looks at me confused. “Wha’s wrong?”

“Take it from someone who knows, Hana… The hangover is nothing compared to remembering the embarrassing shit you do when you’re drunk.” I squeeze her shoulders gently to reassure her. “I think you should get some sleep.”

She looks dejected for a second but nods with drunken smile. She gets into her bed and I pull the covers over her.

“Good night, Hana. Sweet dreams.” I turn to retrieve my cane but I feel a warmth in my hand as Hanako reaches out to me. In more ways than one.

“Please don’t leave, Akiooo… I don’t wan' you to leave… Like Lilly…” She sighs quietly, barely holding my hand. God, how can I go after that? It’d break the poor girl’s heart…

“Sure thing…” I ease myself onto the floor, leaning my side against her bed. I take her right hand and hold it firmly.

“I’m not going anywhere, Hana. You’re not going to be alone here, not by a fucking long shot. Not while we have cases to crack and book thieves to thwart.” I calmly explain with a reassuring smile.

Her eyes become lucid for a moment that feels like an eternity when they meet mine. Am I waxing poetic about Hanako? Should I be doing that? Hm. I shouldn’t really be here when you think about it but here I am. She’s pretty. Never really thought about it before, she was always just… Hanako. Wow, I really am waxing poetic…

You‘re such a Joker,” She whispers, with bright eyes and an even brighter smile. “I’m glad you came tonight. You make me laugh.” She laughs a little, barely audible to me, as her eyes linger on mine for a second longer before closing with a contended sigh.

“You’re welcome… Nocturne.” I smile at the sleeping girl and grab the discarded ribbon, slowly and carefully braiding it around her right hand and wrist, tying it all together in a bow. Wow. That’s probably the sappiest thing I’ve ever done. Felt good though. Really good.

I get up toward the door and look back at the slumbering girl with the ribbon around her hand.

Happy Birthday, Hana. Glad to be a part of it.
Last edited by Sharp-O on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
swampie2

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Laughter in The Dark" - 11/7/15 Up

Post by swampie2 »

Proud of Akio that he could stay off the drink, and glad that he decided to stay with Hanako without putting his privates near her privates, that's what Hisao should have done in the first place, just wait until she passes out so she can be happy.

I liked it! :mrgreen:

Makes me wonder what Hisao has been doing this whole time though, Shizune route?
Sharp-O

Re: Sharp-O's One-Shots! "Laughter in The Dark" - 11/7/15 Up

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote:Proud of Akio that he could stay off the drink, and glad that he decided to stay with Hanako without putting his privates near her privates, that's what Hisao should have done in the first place, just wait until she passes out so she can be happy.
As soon as I realised Hanakio was going to be a thing, this scene had to be played out, especially from Akio's perspective. He might be a crass, sarcastic asshole but he is a good guy and after many failed romantic advances and the benefit of counselling, he's probably the best choice for this situation.

swampie2 wrote:Makes me wonder what Hisao has been doing this whole time though, Shizune route?
Yeah, and I'm debating how much of it I want to reference. Misha's hair is the most obvious thing the class would notice but could any of the group (between Taro, Ritsu, Akio, Hanako and Miki; I'm building quite the Sentai team here) be able to help and would that be worth doing since it can be resolved relatively well. Unless I go super-fucking-dark and do the Beta ending...

Glad you enjoyed it, Swampie! :D