The Headlines: Ch 11 [Updated 19/7/15]

WORDS WORDS WORDS

swampie2

Re: The Headlines: Ch 8 [Updated 10/7/15]

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:Good gag that! Laughed a little too loud for 1:20am :lol:

I wanted to try keep it light despite the fact that two main characters could have kicked the bucket :lol:

Sharp-O wrote:Good chapter, nice to see you took on the feedback from the previous chapter about how to handle an epileptic fit. I'm really liking Jun too!

Thanks sharp!
One Shots - My stories thread.
swampie2

Re: The Headlines: Ch 9 [Updated 15/7/15]

Post by swampie2 »

★ The Headlines ★

Chapter 10: Natsone and the newspaper girls
POV: Hanako

I think this is the right room. I quickly check my notes to make sure, then check again less than a second later. I think I'm just subconsciously trying to find excuses to not walk in there and introduce myself. It's only two girls right? What's there to worry about, they're both in my class, and both sit to my right. If they wanted to stare they would in class right? What if they have been staring and I didn't notice- No. I will not tolerate these kinds of thoughts brain, I need to open that door, step in and introduce myself loudly and proudly.

Yet I still find my hand hovering over the door handle, unable to reach the last centimeter and open the door. What would Lilly think if I told her I got scared and ran off before even meeting them. She been egging me on to join a club for a couple of weeks now, and when I finally agreed it was only to get her to stop badgering me, but she was so overjoyed that I couldn't bring myself to hide away from my responsibility like I usually do. With Lilly in my mind, I push the door open and step through the gap, take a deep breath and open my mouth to speak.

But nothing comes out.

Come on Hanako, think some words! Uhh... my palms are sweaty. Don't say that, just-

"Hello?" A meek voice sounds out from one of the girls in the center of the room, the one with lighter hair... Naomi? She looks a lot like Akira, perhaps they're distant relatives?

"H-hello." I give a small wave and instinctively pull my books closer to my chest, as if using them as a shield.

"What can we do for you, Hanako?" She knows my name, that's good, I don't have to introduce myself. Now I just have to tell them that i'd like to join. Brain, make some words!

"I... um... I'd l-like to j-join the n-n-newspaper c-club." I force through gritted teeth, hopefully they heard me.

"You'd like to join?" She queries, I suppose she didn't hear me. That's okay, I can answer that with a nod. "Fantastic!" She claps her hands and stands from her seat, leaving the brunette girl... Nat-something. Natsone, I think? to continue writing. Naomi makes her way over to me and holds out a hand to shake but my brain grinds to a halt as I realize that she's offered her right hand, meaning I need to use my scarred hand to reciprocate. I grit my teeth and take in a deep breath through my nose before shakily extending my hand. Luckily she keeps her eyes on mine. I had sweaty palms, god I hope she didn't notice.

"So what side of the deal are you into?" She asks, spinning around and gesturing to the room.

"Huh?" I respond, unsure what she means.

"Like editing, writing, designing, interviewing?"

"I-i don't really kn-know." I stutter, hoping that she'll suggest something that I can do without leaving this room. Or leaving this room for the library and returning at the end of allotted club time. Little does she know that I spent hours pouring over the process to try and find the most secluded area I can work in.

"Well then..." She hums with her hand to her chin. "How about you just sit with me and Nat' and we can run you through everything?"

"O-okay." I admit defeat, I guess I'll have to get to know these two before long or these meetings will be beyond awkward. I follow the blonde haired girl back to the table and place my bag down while pulling out a seat next to her. I'm almost knocked off my feet by the door smashing open with a cacophonous explosion of wooden fury. My entire body stiffens up and my head snaps to the door. There stands Hisao, the transfer student from my class, looking completely disheveled.

"Christ, I'm sorry I'm late." He huffs as he steps into the room, examining his watch before meeting eyes with me. "Oh. Hey Hanako." He gives a curt wave and makes his way over to the computers where I had completely failed to notice another person working on some sort of document. He didn't even look at my scars, his eyes stayed pinned on mine until the second he began moving when they moved to the computers ahead of him. It usually takes people more than a couple weeks to decide that they've seen enough of my deformity and stop staring. Perhaps he just doesn't care? If he didn't care then he wouldn't have said "hi" and-

"So, this is the writing side of the newspaper." Naomi begins explaining while gesturing wildly with her hands, her pencil swinging around in the air almost fast enough to make "phwoosh" sounds. "We take interviews and interesting stories and make them read easier, or we shorten them to fit on the page, stuff like that!" She slams her pencil down to get the point across.

"Over there Hisao and Jun..." She points over to Hisao and the mystery editor, Jun. Jun, Jun, Jun. Remember that brain. "...are working on the computer side of things where they take the stories me and Nat' have edited, and put them on the page, make sure it looks good, that kind stuff!" she then leans closer to me, making me shift in my seat slightly, and whispers.

"Usually Hisao ruins everything and Jun puts it all back together." She adds with a wink. I'm pretty sure he heard her since he's now holding an obscene gesture in the form of a single finger over his shoulder. Despite how uncomfortable I am, I still release a subdued giggle.

"Last on the schedule is Interviewing!" She exclaims, vastly more exited for this topic than the last two combined. "Nat' usually covers this part, but it involves finding new stories, finding the people involved, and asking them all sorts of questions so we can writing the most interesting story." She beams a thousand watt smile and returns to her seat that she has slowly been ascending from over the last 15 minutes. I guess she's really into all this kinda stuff.

Okay, time for my suggestion, I've practiced this speech so many times It shouldn't be possible for me to mess it up now. I even had Lilly listen to it to make sure it sounded good. Here I go.

"I-I was actually th-thinking about doing s-something else." I release, luckily not stuttering too hard.

"Oh?" She tilts her head in one of the most adorable confused faces I have ever seen.

"I-I always r-read the newspapers and... I-I think th-that it'd b-be nice to include some ph-photographs." My inner self screams our in happiness, glad that I could make my way through that sentence without jumping out of a window. Her head stays tilted and I decide, by some miracle, to continue.

"I-I already a-asked the ph-photography c-club if I could b-borrow one of th-their c-cameras every w-week." That's a lie, Lilly asked for me, but I still have access to them nevertheless.

"That's awesome Hanako!" She jumps in the air after a second of thought. "I second that." Hisao adds over his shoulder, and Jun agrees silently with a nod. I look over to Natsone and find that she is fast asleep on the table.

"Can you get a camera today?" Natsone adds, tenting her hands in anticipation.

"I th-think so." I release a small smile, glad that everyone likes my idea and didn't kick me out for being too revolutionary or something.

"Great! we've got a couple of stories to investigate today."

"We?" I sputter.

"Right, us!" She shouts, pointing one hand at herself and one at me.

"O-okay." I decide that getting to know Naomi alone will be far easier than in a room with 3 other people. "I'll g-go grab a camera." I give my best smile and it seems to pay off, as she wraps her arms around me in a bear hug, almost lifting me from the ground.

"Meecha' back here in 5, kay?" She adds before releasing me and skipping to the door before holding it open for me.

---
POV: Hisao

Before long Jun and I have all the pages in order and ready to go, now we just need stories to fill them with. We both stretch from our seats and place ourselves opposite Natsume, who is still working hard at catching up on her sleep. She was pretty angry that we didn't tell her about Naomi on that fateful night that robbed me of at least two nights of sleep, I can't confirm the same for Jun, but the bags under her eyes speak volumes.

"You know both Naomi and Natsume are head over heels for you right?" Jun mentions out of nowhere, causing me to splutter my drink rather violently. Where did that come from?

"Sorry?" Is all I can squeak out.

"They both want a piece." She grins, much to my chagrin.

"How can you tell that?" I ask, my mind blanking out completely.

"I'm best buds with both of them." She smiles before cracking open yet another can of coffee. I swear she's more addicted to the stuff than I am. "You're going to have to make a choice eventually." She states rather flatly.

"And what if I'm gay?" I quiz her, hoping to throw her off. She raises one eyebrow and looks me up and down before declaring:

"Nah, you're straight as a ruler."

"And how can you assume that?" I continue.

"I've heard all the rumors." She smirks.

"We make the rumors, the newspaper club is rumor mill!" I exclaim.

"Doesn't mean what I've heard is false." She sips at her coffee, leaning back into her seat. This feels like an interrogation more than a friendly chat.

"So what have you heard?" I lean back in my chair, accepting my fate.

"You and Lilly, Hisao x Emi, even Shizune. You made some major waves." She explains.

I sigh, none of it is true of course. I may have had feelings for any of them at some point, even Shizune despite how hard she worked me when I helped out the council. To be honest I haven't really thought of any girls like that since Iwanako, and I didn't really have much time to think that way while I was gasping in the snow, about ready to die.

"I'm... I'm not really looking for that kind of thing." I explain, hoping to get Jun off my back.

"Bad experience with a girl?" She reads my mind.

"You could say that, yeah." I play with the idea of letting her know that my first heart attack happened when a girl confessed to me, but only one other person knows about that. At least unless she's told somebody, but if that were the case I'm sure I would have picked up a few nicknames by now. Luckily Jun seems content to let the conversation slide away from my sexuality and dating life and towards casual conversation. We chat for a couple of minutes before Natsume awakens from her slumber.

"Hey sleepyhead." Jun greets her as she raises her head from the table.

"Whu? get out of my room Jun!" She murmurs as her eyes flutter open, realizing that we're not in her room.

"Hey." I give a wave and continue reading through the notepad of stories that was left on the table. Most of these seem pretty dull, this paper isn't going to be our best. Perhaps Hanako's suggestion arrived at the perfect time.

BAM.

The door slams open, making all three of us jump. I turn my head and see Naomi leaning against the doorframe, attempting to catch her breath. In her hand is a rather large digital camera lens, it looks just like the one Hanako had brought in before being dragged out by Naomi.

"Guys... Hanako..." She speaks between gasps of air, hoping to re-oxygenate her blood as fast as possible.

"Hanako... she ran off... can't find her."

---

Author notes:
I tried to write Hanako differently to how I've considered her before and I'm happy with the results, even if she does seem a tiny bit OOC.

Natsone is not an error, Hanako just doesn't know Natsume's name. :wink:
Last edited by swampie2 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mirage_GSM

Re: The Headlines: Ch 10 [Updated 16/7/15]

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Nat-something. Natsone,
I know this is intentional, but "Natsone" is not a Japanese name.
That's a lie, Lilly asked for me,
That must have raised some eyebrows...
I swear she's more addicted to the stuff than me.
"...than I"
Shizune despite how hard she worked me when I helped out the council.
...but he didn't help them out in this story... He gave them the slip right away and Shizune signed him up for the newspaper club^^°
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:
That's a lie, Lilly asked for me,
That must have raised some eyebrows...
Hahaha, I'm sure the photography class were nice enough to not raise in issue if Lilly said it was for a freind.
Mirage_GSM wrote:...but he didn't help them out in this story... He gave them the slip right away and Shizune signed him up for the newspaper club^^°
The story starts partway through the first week so Shizune and Misha have both tried to wrangle Hisao into joining the council, and succeeded in forcing him to do at least one day of work.

At least that's what I'll say to avoid retconning :oops:
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Well he gave them the slip on Tuesday and started in the newspaperclub on Wednesday, but I suppose Monday could have gone differently than in the VN.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

★ The Headlines ★

Chapter 11: Following a trail of flowers.
POV: Natsume

"Calm down for a sec Naomi, what happened?" I speak, still blinking the sleep from my eyes. Hisao makes his way over and relives her of her bag and the camera lens so she can stumble into the room and catch her breath.

"She gave me the camera to look at some photos, right?" She questions, making sure we're all following along. All three of us nod, prompting her to continue.

"So I decided to catch a photo of us together since she's in the newspaper club now." She blurts. "We took a look at it, it was a pretty good shot but it showed off a little bit of her neck, the right side, then she just flipped and grabbed at the camera and then phwoosh... sprinted away." She sighs, keeping her eyes locked on the camera lens now resting in Hisao's hands. It doesn't look broken, at least from what I can see, so our only problem is finding Hanako.

"Where have you looked?" Hisao asks while setting the lens down on the desk.

"Uhhh... That room she and Lilly always spend lunch in... and the dorms too."

"Right." Hisao immediately takes control of the situation. "I'll go check the library. Natsume, can you see if she's in her room? Jun, I'd appreciate it if you could check the track and surrounding area. Naomi, see if any of the teachers from other clubs have seen her?" He lies out his plan. It's incredible how he can just figure out a place for each of us to look.

"We all have each-others numbers, so send out a text if you find her, okay?" We each stare, shocked for a second, before we all agree and begin packing our respective items into our bags.

"I feel like I should say 'Synchronize your watches.' or something like that." Hisao chuckles and I lock the door with my only slightly stolen key.

"You've been watching too many movies Hisao." I giggle as we begin to split up, Jun and I making our way outside while Hisao and Naomi move further into the building.

"That was crazy." Jun exclaims as soon as we're out of earshot.

"I know right? He was just like 'here is the plan guys.' I didn't know he was capable of that." I admit.

"At least someone had some Ideas." She grimaces, remembering why he had to make up a plan like that.

"I wouldn't know where to look, I guess he knows her a little better than us." I frown, I'm the top reporter in the club, I should be friends with everyone.

"She did only join the club today, don't be so hard on yourself." She pats me on the back before twisting her head to see the track, now bathed in orange light. We share a nod and split up. I step inside the dormitory and make my way to the common area. Only person in here is Molly, I may as well ask her.

"Hey Molly." I wave.

"Oh, hey Natsume." She puts her book down beside her after marking her page.

"Have you seen Hanako come through here? The girl with the awesome violet hair at the back of our class?" I clarify.

"Uhh... I've been stuck in this book for..." She checks her watch. "At least two hours, sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Can you text me if you see her?" Luckily we still have each others numbers from when I reported on her lost leg last year, turned out it was just under her bed. We decided not to publish that part.

"Sure, good luck." She offers as I make my way towards what I think is Hanako's room. Knock, knock, knock. I attempt to tune out the natural sound of the room and focus on the sounds coming from behind the door. "Hey Hanako? It's Natsume." I raise my voice a tiny bit, hoping to to disturb anyone in the surrounding rooms. Silence. Either she's passed out in there or she's not in there at all. I pull my phone from my pocket and open the texting interface.

[Group Text] [Natsume] [I don't think she's in her room guys.]

---

POV: Naomi.

As I reach the less traveled part of the school, the sounds of band practice rings through the halls. Sounds like rock, I can get down with that!

"Excuse me." I squeak the door open as slowly as possible, interrupting the practice. Everyone in the room grinds to a halt, making the silence super awkward.

"Yes?" The guy in the wheelchair spins around to face me, his lap occupied by a... guitar? it's a big guitar. 4 strings. I dunno, I'm useless.

"Have you guys seen Hanako wandering about?" I respond, and he turns to the drummer, who turns to the guitarist, who turns to the singer. "Naomi?" He asks.

"Yes?" I respond, and everyone looks to me, causing me to shrink slightly.

"Uhh... can't say we have, sorry." The singer responds, her microphone hanging idly from one hand. "Howcome?"

"She's a little bit missing right now." I reply sheepishly, and the bassist sighs, looking at his watch. Maybe I should have interrupted them, they must be pretty busy.

"We're about done here, I'll come with you!" She exclaims, jumping in the air and startling the pianist slightly.

"Are you sure?" I respond, hoping to to anger the rest of the band, who already seem to be resigned to their fate, placing their instruments down and messing with their... amplifiers? Bleh, I have no clue. The girl places her microphone on the table and skips over to me after gathering her lyrics and placing them in her bag, and we begin walking.

"So you're Naomi?" She ponders aloud.

"Yep, Naomi Inoue."

"I'm Naomi too." She grins.

"Awesome!" I exclaim. "I'm meant to be asking around for Hanako, she ran off and we can't find her."

"Shucks." She sighs. "Timid girl? Dark hair, right?"

"Yep. She's kinda got some scars... nobody minds them, of course, but she doesn't like anyone to look at them..." I trail off.

"That's alright, we'll find her." She grins and takes a huge step forward, causing me to jog slightly to catch up to her. She's tall.

[Group Text] [Naomi] [I've cloned myself to search faster. No signs of her yet.]

---

POV: Hisao

I push open the large wooden doors that guard the library from the outside world, the scent of old paper and ink fills my mind, but I quickly put it to once side; I've got work to do. I quickly make my way over to the front desk and look for Yuuko, she's not sat there. I quietly apologize under my breath and then smash my hand down onto the desk, resounding a dull thud from the desk, and a second later another. Yuuko materializes from below the desk, holding her head and swearing under her breath.

"Sorry Yuuko, have you seen Hanako anywhere?" I attempt to speak with a hushed tone, but ultimately fail, panic taking over my sentance.

"I uhh... I've been sorting out a new order. Sorry Hisao..." She trails off, I can imagine she's about to explode into a rant about how she's a failiure as a librarian, but don't give her the chance.

"Don't worry about it, if you see her then... can you text me or something?" I feel slightly awkward giving out my number to a member of staff through my own choice, but ultimately decide it's worth it if we manage to find Hanako. I quickly scrawl out my number on a scrap of paper and slide it to her, she takes it into her hand and gives a determined nod. With that, I set out to search the library. The non-fiction section is completely empty beside a sleeping Maeda, who I decided to let rest. I'll let Yuuko know about him on my way out.

The fiction section seems devoid of life, even Hanako's usual reading spot, the small corner behind a bookshelf filled with beanbags. I sigh, this isn't going well. The braile, large print and audiobook section is similarly abandonned. Maybe I should have gotten Lilly after all? I just don't want her to worry, I know Hanako means a lot to her, so pulling her out of her room on a wild manhunt might not be the best idea.

As I begin the walk of shame back out of the library, I open my phone and text the group before alerting Yuuko to Maeda and his unusual sleeping positions.

[Group Text] [Hisao] [Nothing in the library. Yuuko is on lookout.]

---

POV: Jun

Well I didn't find Hanako running laps, but I could have guessed that. This is the most secluded part of the school thought, so I can see why Hisao reccomended I search here. I don't think she'd jump in a bush, but she might be behind the shed. I briefly imagine being scared of people, a horrible fate, and think what I'd do if I had to get away from everyone. It's hard to put yourself into a mindset like that, I wonder-

My thoughts are cut short as I catch some movement in my perihperal vision.

"Hello?" I call out, hoping that it's Hanako and not Emi running some late night track. "It's Jun." I call out again, hoping that she'll realize i'm not here to make fun of her. It makes me feel kind of ill thinking about everything that's happened to her, she must have had some serious shit happen just to get those, then even more when she got out of the hospital. We're in the future right? Why didn't they do anything about it? Bastard doctors.

"Hanako? It's Jun." I call out once more, now pacing my way behind the track shed. Oh God. There she is, huddled up in a ball up against the back of the shed. I hope to god she doesn't lash out at me. I take a couple steps closer and crouch so I can be at eye level with her.

"Hey Hana. How are you feeling?" I ask.

Dead silence.

"It's cold out here, how about we go back to my room and have some pizza or something?" I offer, pizza can many anyone happy. She stays silent for a second before standing and giving one of the smallest nods I've ever seen, If I weren't paying attentention then I wouldn't have even noticed it. I begin walking back towards the dorms and she follows a couple of steps behind. I pull my phone and scan over the group chat.

[Group Text] [Jun] [Found her. She's safe, taking her to my room to cheer her up.]

[Group Text] [Hisao] [Great job Jun. I think all of us barging in would freak her out.]

[Group Text] [Jun] [That's what I was thinking. I'll play some mario kart with her or something.]

[Group Text] [Natsume] [Well done! We'll see you tomorrow Jun! Naomi says hi too.]

"W-who?" Hanako speaks up, noticing me on my phone.

"Oh, just the newspaper guys. We were all pretty worried about you."

"I'm... s-sorry." She replies.

"Don't say that, nobody minds."

"I m-m-made a lot of t-trouble for you..."

"Don't worry, I don't think i've ever actually seen the track at this school." I chuckle, hoping to difuse the atmosphere. She doesn't reply, but doesn't say sorry again either, so that's a step in the right direction.

---

"You ever played mario kart?" Jun speaks as she fumbles her key into the lock. I don't know why I followed her. Maybe it's because I know i'd just be causing her more trouble if she had to try and carry me. I'm glad they didn't fetch the nurse though, he's a little freaky.

"N-no." I respond, hoping to close that topic.

"We should play." She retorts, and I sigh inwardly. I'm awful at videogames. Just another way to embarress myself I guess. Eventually her door is unlocked and we step into her room. Though the panic attack as run it's course, I'm still feeling jumpy, so much so that the light flicking on makes me jump.

"Help yourself to some pizza." She points over the her desk, and the large pizza box resting on it. I can't say I eat pizza very often, but classic cheese sounds pretty good right about now, I forgot to eat lunch since I was so worked up about asking to join the newspaper club. I wait until she's not looking and grab a slice, taking a small nibble determines that it's not rotten. A little cold, but i've been told cold pizza is better than just cooked.

She sits down on the edge of her bed and pulls her sheets aside and searches for a moment, before finding a second controller and placing it by the first on her night table. Her room is rather plain decoration wise, but almost every surface is covered by some peice of technology, phones, consoles and computers are everywhere I look. I guess that's why she prefers the tech side of newspaper production.

"You can sit, I don't mind." She giggles, and I realize that i've been stood by her desk staring at her room for far too long.

"S-sorry."

"Don't be, I have a lot of crap." She holds her arms out to the room, showing off the various flashing lights and screens. Naomi must hate this room.

"Here." She holds out a controller to me, and I naturally reach out with my left hand to grab it. She gives me a very brief rundown of the controls and how to win, thought I doubt I'll be doing any of that tonight. We end up seated against her bed, with a small monitor hapazardly balanded on an upturned PC case. With the pizza moved closer and the floor padded with random pillows, we begin playing.

---

POV: Natsume

"You're kidding." I exlaim.

"No, he totally tried to spin his guitar around and just threw it straight off the stage. It was incredible." Katsuro continues.

"Bullshit." Naomi chimes in, still sipping at her drink.

"Hold on." He reaches into his pocket and pull out his phone, taps for a few seconds and then presents it to us. On the screen is a picture of a guy stood on a stage, a look of complete shock over his face and his guitar majestically flying through the air behind him. Me and Naomi break into laughter as we examine the perfectly timed picture.

"That's gotta be a doctored photo." I retort as I slide his phone back over to him.

"I agree." Naomi chimes in. The other Naomi. The singer Naomi. I need to make a nickname for one of them.

"I'm sure it'll be on his wikipedia page or something." He sighs, taking a moment to sip at his decaf coffee. Can't say I love the stuff, but drinking regular coffee at this time would be a death sentence for my sleep.

"Crap, look at the time." Singer Naomi exclaims while checking her watch, causing me to check mine too.

"We better get walking back, we might be able to make it before curfew."

"I need strings." Katsuro sighs. "I'll have to get them another time I suppose." He admits defeat.

"Nah, you can make it, the music shop isn't that far right?" Newspaper Naomi offers.

"Yeah, but I know I'll get distracted looking at guitars." He finishes his drink in one fluid motion.

"Then we'll have to make sure you don't" I stand, looking as triumphant as possible.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want to make you girls late." He retorts.

"Yep, now let's go while we still have time." Singer Naomi agrees and pulls him to his feet, shortly followed by Newspaper Naomi.

---

"Almost there!" Jun squeals, beads of sweat rolling down her face.

"I... I..." I stutter uncontrollably as we reach the big finish, my body writing in anticipation. Each second drags on as my brain fumbles over all the words I want to shout out.

"Right there! Keep going!" She shouts and I briefly consider how thin these walls are, but the task at hand draws my attention back in a split second. Now i'm sweating, my hands are getting slippy. Just keep a grip Hanako.

"1ST PLACE!" The virtual crowd bursts into applause as my character flies past the finish line, allowing me to release the breath I've been holding for the whole last lap.

"That was incredible Hana!" Jun exclaims, almost exploding from her seat. I feel a grin crossing my face and find myself unable to stop it monopolizing my face. "That was so close!" She continues bouncing around, most likely waking all the neighbors, but neither of us care. I manage to stay seated, but find myself clapping my hands together. Once Jun has exhausted herself of energy she leans back against the bed and releases a large sigh.

"That tired me out more than I thought." She yawns before lightly resting her head on my shoulder. Her head. On my shoulder. My right shoulder. I resist a shudder and turn my head slightly to find Jun sleeping peacefully, out like a light. Guess I'm spending the night right here.

---

Author notes: So many POV's :o

Thanks to Sharp-O for letting me bounce some ideas off him!

Thanks to BlackWaltzTheThird for letting me use the characters from Greater than the sum. It's a great fic, give it a read!

Didn't get this chapter out as fast as I'd have liked but I got sucked into watching Oreimo and feeling strange once I finished it. I still have no clue what to think of it.
Sharp-O

Post by Sharp-O »

swampie2 wrote: POV: Hanako

"Almost there!" Jun squeals, beads of sweat rolling down her face.

"I... I..." I stutter uncontrollably as we reach the big finish, my body writing in anticipation. Each second drags on as my brain fumbles over all the words I want to shout out.

"Right there! Keep going!" She shouts and I briefly consider how thin these walls are, but the task at hand draws my attention back in a split second. Now i'm sweating, my hands are getting slippy. Just keep a grip Hanako.
I see what you did there... I like it. 8)
swampie2 wrote:Thanks to Sharp-O for letting me bounce some ideas off him!
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:I see what you did there... I like it. 8)
I played with what was getting the two so worked up a lot, glad you liked it in the end :p
Oddball

Re: The Headlines: Ch 11 [Updated 19/7/15]

Post by Oddball »

This was fun, although Hanako's role in the story feels a bit forced.

The fact that she's suddenly so social (for her) out of nowhere strikes me as odd, but the fact that she runs away and people seem to panic is even worse. Hisao would probably react strangely to it, but I'd imagine everyone else has seen Hanako run away and time and time again and wouldn't treat it as anything other than normal.

Other than that, though, Naomi and Natsume are and bit faster paced and more impulsive character than I'm used to see, so that's a nice change.
Not Dead Yet
Zerebos

Re: The Headlines: Ch 11 [Updated 19/7/15]

Post by Zerebos »

Your depictions of the characters are definitely unique, but I like it. I don't think Hanako is too OOC here, she does join the newspaper club normally anyways, and she didn't seem overly social here to me anyways.