Swampie's Stories : Writings of a mad-man 3

WORDS WORDS WORDS

brythain

Re: Swampie's Stories: Shizune in the snow : Finale : 3/10/1

Post by brythain »

swampie2 wrote:
Sharp-O wrote:'one thirty second of the cost' confusing me a little (did you mean thirtieth or thirty-second?)
I meant like 1/32 but couldn't find the right way to word it. :lol:
It's 'one thirty-secondth of the cost'. :)

Also, "whose sensory aid is better..."
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
swampie2

Re: Swampie's Stories: Shizune in the snow : Finale : 3/10/1

Post by swampie2 »

Sharp-O wrote:It's a nice alternate take to what I did and I'm happy that this Hisao gets to see the fruits of his labours. Never thought about curing Lilly's blindness with a sensory aid because what would I do? Scoop out her eye-balls or give her a Geordi La Forge? Actually, I'd probably go for the latter... :lol:
Gravy on the meat is a great way to put it! That's what I was going for, the bar scene in Mirai was pretty much perfect.

I'd hope Lilly's aid is similar to Shizune's in that there isn't surgery required, at least!
Sharp-O wrote:I should really do something with the triplets and the future school as a whole.
I'd read it. :wink:
brythain wrote:Speling and grammer
Thanks bry!
One Shots - My stories thread.
swampie2

Kenjika

Post by swampie2 »

"This is big, man! I can't do it alone, and I know you cant either!" The strange boy shouts as his... freind? storms away.

"I don't want to do it in the first place, Kenji!" He screams back without turning, instead pushing into the cold night without a jacket.

"Hisao! HISAO!" The first guy turns to desperation, simply screaming a name in hopes that it'll change his mind.

"Bad breakup?" I Interject while rooting around in my pocket.

"Gah!" The guy with the glasses almost falls off his feet when he notices me. He takes a deep breath and straightens his back. "He just doesn't see, that's all." He murmors while adjusting his scarf. "Can I bum a smoke?" He continues, knocking me off my stride slightly. Usually the other students here would feel ill at the idea of smoking, and this guy is definitely a student judging by his green uniform.

"Sure, why not." I return nonchalantly, pulling the pack of cigarettes from my back pocket as well as the lighter I've been looking for since this romance drama scene unfolded in front of me. He slides a single cigarette from the pack before beckoning for my lighter.

"I said you could bum a smoke, not a light." I grin, causing him to sigh heavily, only adding to my amusement.

"Guess I'll just smoke it like this then." He retorts in a half joking, half pissed off voice while waving his arms around. His little act makes my smile a little more sincere, so I decide to let him use the lighter after all. He gives a thanks under his breath and lights the thin cylinder resting between his lips before taking a long drag and promptly choking on it.

"Your first?" I chuckle as he attempts to regain his breath.

"I just thought it'd be a great moment to take a long drag on a cigarette." He chokes out between coughs. "I didn't know it tasted like old books though." He hacks for a couple more seconds before regaining his composure and standing straight again.

"You've tasted a book?" My laughter only increases as I imagine the picture; A bespectacled, scarf wearing boy staring at a book and thinking "I wonder what this tastes like. Maybe I should just... lick it?"

"And If I have?" He announces proudly, as if eating paper was the discovery of the century.

"You're pretty strange, Kenji." I chuckle, exhaling a breath of smoke.

"Wha? How do you know my name?" He staggers back in shock, as if I'm some sort of assassin sent to get rid of him.

"Hisao said it." I return a simple reply, but it seems to only make him more aware of my super ninja killing skills.

"How do you know his name!" He staggers back again, now raising his hands in defense.

"You said it. In fact you screamed it." I giggle, now resting my legs slightly by leaning up against the brick wall behind me.

"Oh, right. I suppose that does make sense..." He trails off as if my explanation wasn't clear enough. We both fall silent as he ponders the situation while I finish off the last of my cigarette. The cold quickly rushes in and surrounds us, sending a shiver up my spine, though Kenji seems to have failed to notice how cold it is.

"I'm going now. Don't stand out here all night, 'kay?" I offer as I step away from the wall, slightly worried that he might actually freeze to death thinking about... whatever is going on inside his brain. He'll catch on and find his way inside eventually. I slide through the girl's dorm front door and shut it as quietly as possible, this huge wooden door always wakes me up and I'm on the second floor.

I carefully creep up the stairs, each step squeaking loudly as I move my weight. Well, if I haven't woken anyone by now then they're deep sleepers, I may as well just walk normally now. I manage to slip back into my room without anyone coming to beat me up. I carefully close the door and move over to the windows to close the blinds. You motherfucker.

Low and behold, he's still there, exhaling light breaths that float eerily. Though now he's seated against the railing, resting his arms and staring into the sky. Guess that argument with the Hisao fella' really tore him up.

Fuck it.

He lowers his head toward my footsteps, and shows his face, now absent of glasses. Loose strands of hair now rest over his face... If he got some sleep to get rid of those bags then he'd actually look pretty good...

"Want some ramen?" I murmor as I reach him.

"Ramen does sound good." He retorts back, his eyes reflecting the stars he's observing.

"Come on, let's go." I smile, extending a hand towards this guy who looks like he's just lost his wife on their wedding day. His searches for me with his eyes and lands on me after a second or two. His eyes flicker between my hand and the distance, his mouth slightly agape. He sighs a small breath while muttering and reaches forward, grabbing my hand in his and levering himself to his feet. He brushes himself off before reaching into his top pocket and retrieving his bottle sized glasses, only for me to snatch them out of his hand.

"I'll keep a hold of these for you." I grin before spinning on my heels and walking back towards the dorms, my footsteps closely followed by Kenji's as he obediently follows.

---

I tried to make a pairing that nobody has done before, so here is Kenji X Rika.
swampie2

Mirror Shots : 1

Post by swampie2 »

"Miki! Miki! Look, I got a 46!" Suzu thrusts a piece of paper towards me with a huge grin on her face. The paper is scattered with red in crosses and small snippets of random scribbles, undoubtedly Mutou's chicken scratch.

"A 46 is below average." I sigh with a smile.

"But It's better than 38, riiiiiight." she purrs, wrapping her arms around herself in ecstasy, crumpling the test paper in the process.

"It is, but we still need to work harder." I give her a hearty pat on the back as her face falls into one of pure horror, It looks like she's just been told she's got one day to live.

"But Mikiiiiiiii." She complains loudly, drawing the attention of various other students who were all chatting about their results.

"Miki, here you are." Mutou announces as he thumbs though the pile of papers, landing on mine. He pulls it from the bunch and extends it towards me with a smile. "Great job." He praises as I skim over the sheet.

"90 Isn't quite what I was aiming for." I mutter sheepishly, I'm sure most of the class would kill for a 90.

"And Miki." Mutou lower his voice slightly. "Thank you for forcing Suzu to study, It did show in the test, most of her mistakes were on the harder questions."

"I couldn't let her fail." I raise my hand to the back of my head in a gesture of sheepish pride.

"And that's why her marks have been improving!" He grins and throws his arms out beside him, almost knocking over his drink. His over the top nature will never sit right with me.

---

I walk into the library and heave a sigh. It's a miracle I managed to find this place, Yamaku is a maze. A maze I tell you. I walk up the the desk and notice how tidy it is. Each item has It's own place, aligned perfectly, to the point where I wouldn't be shocked if the librarian who owns this desk was OCD times one thousand. I ring the small desk bell as quietly as I can while still alerting the necessary librarian. A second or two passes and a red-headed woman emerges from underneath the desk. How strange.

"Good afternoon. Are you looking for a book." She speaks quietly, her tone soothing due to it's softness.

"Yeah, I'm not really sure what right now though. Can you point me to to the fiction section."

"Of course. The far wall is all fiction, while the standalone bookcases are for non-fiction. This side has large print and braile books, and the standard books are just over there." She points as she speaks, carefully explaining each detail of the library.

"Awesome, thanks..." I stall as I try to remember if she said her name at all.

"You can call me Yuuko." She smiles sweetly.

"Thanks, Yuuko." I praise her before spinning on my heels and walking towards the far bookshelves. It's strange how much I've started reading since I came here, all of my time in the hospital was spent hanging out with Iwanako or the three musketeers; Mai, Takumi, and Shin. I suppose it's a hobby, if a boring one.

---

"Oh, Miki! We should order takeout tonight!" Suzu explodes, almost bursting my eardrums, as well as anyone stood within ten meters.

"Hmm... I don't see why not." I return unenthusiastically. We must east takeout at least four times a week.

"What's up? Scared of getting fat?" She questions loudly, drawing the attention of all the non-deaf students standing nearby.

"N-no! It's really not..." I stutter, If I told her that I don't want takeout she'd most likely refuse to study. Sigh.

"You're not going to get fat, silly, you're always running." She giggles, her head bobbling wildly from side to side. I decide not to respond. I am always running, but will that really be enough to save me?

"Anyways, I was-" Suzu begins, but is cut off. I swivel my head to look at her, she'd have felt an attack coming on. Suzu is now sprawled out on the ground with a rather content, sleeping smile on her face. Standing at her feet is dark haired boy that looks like he's just seen a ghost. Oh, I suppose he has. He must have bumped into Suzu.

"She's okay." I place a hand on his shoulder, hopefully reassuringly. A second or two goes by without respond and I swivel my head yet again. The boy is just staring forward, a look of shock and pain on his face. His hand shoots up to his chest and he attempts to take a breath, but instead gasps like a fish out of water.

"Are you okay?" I question, now slightly concerned. "She really is okay, don't worry about it." I add on, hoping that he's not having a panic attack or something.

"Just... need a... second." He squeaks out under his breath, a sweat now forming on his brow. A couple moments pass by and some other students form a small circle around us, bickering as usual. I give him a small pat on the back, encouragement, perhaps? and retrieve Suzu from the ground, propping her up against the nearby wall and making sure she didn't hit her head. There isn't any blood, so It can't have been bad. Once I stand, I return my attention to the rather strange boy.

"How are you feeling?" I ask as he props himself up against the wall.

"I'm okay... I-" He begins speaking, but pauses. "Is she okay?"

"She's fine, narcoleptic." I speak clearly. "Are you sure you're okay."

"Yeah, I'm good now, thanks..."

"Miki."

"Thanks Miki, I'm Hisao. Sorry for... uh... knocking out your freind?" He speaks timidly, his voice containing almost no strength.

"Don't worry about it, she does this a lot." I smile, now staring at the azure haired girl now sleeping soundly against the wall. What am I going to do with you, Suzu?
Last edited by swampie2 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mohn_Jadden

Re: Swampie's Stories: Mirror Shots : 1 : 8/10/15

Post by Mohn_Jadden »

Hey, this stuff is pretty good. Great work!

Though it's so weird to see Miki actually excelling at school. (Then again, that studying relationship is around the same, iirc, since Suzu sleeps through alot of her classes, she ends up missing a bunch.)
Mirage_GSM

Re: Swampie's Stories : Mirror Shots : 1 : 8/10/15

Post by Mirage_GSM »

Actually her having bad grades is wholly taken from fanfictions. We don't know if the VN version might be among the top of the class...

Still funny stories :-)
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Actually her having bad grades is wholly taken from fanfictions. We don't know if the VN version might be among the top of the class...

Still funny stories :-)
That's true. The main aspect I was going for with Suzu was her sluggish, lazy nature. Making her into an over excitable puppy leaves a lot of openings for stupid jokes like that. :lol:

With Miki I was more aiming for a reversal of the "fuck maths" kind of vibe.

I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!

AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

This was really entertaining. Interesting take on Miki and Suzu, though wouldn't a 46 still be a failing grade? I don't understand how that could possible be a passing score, which according to Miki she got, unless I misunderstood what she meant. Either way, I liked this.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
swampie2

Post by swampie2 »

AntonSlavik020 wrote:This was really entertaining. Interesting take on Miki and Suzu, though wouldn't a 46 still be a failing grade? I don't understand how that could possible be a passing score, which according to Miki she got, unless I misunderstood what she meant. Either way, I liked this.
I wrote this assuming it was a mock exam, but I should have mentioned that. :oops:

Thanks for pointing that out though!
swampie2

Re: Mirror Shots 2

Post by swampie2 »

"We're lucky we were already on the ground floor." I chuckle as I allow Suzu to slip from my back and onto the small bench before leaning her forward onto her bag.

"Sorry again." He sighs, his expression a picture of sheepishness.

"To be honest I think she was about to pass out anyways. Plus you carried her bag, so you made it easier than the usual." I return, giving him a hearty pat on the back. "Buuut..."

"I knew there would be a catch." His palm meets his face as he speaks.

"Could you get us lunch? I forgot my purse." I put on the best puppy eyes I've got, admittedly nowhere near as good as the student council president's...

"Alright, what do you want?" He responds with a sigh. But apparently my puppy eyes are good enough!

"Yay!" I squeak before reciting our usual lunch to him and sending him away. I sit myself next to Suzu's sleeping form and rest my head on the table, I haven't had to be 'cute' for a long time, I had forgotten how much a drain it is. Either way, Hisao seems to be a good guy. First thing he asked once he had recovered was if Suzu was okay.

"Ehh!" Speak of the devil. Suzu jolts awake suddenly, almost hitting me in the head with a stray arm.

"Jeez, Suzu, you almost got me that time."

"Wha-? Awh man! I almost won that time!" She pouts adorably. If only she were awake when I conscripted Hisao to get our lunch.

"You almost won?" I tilt my head quizzically.

"Yeah! I was playing battleship..." She trails off, her face becoming more confused by the second.

"I wouldn't think about it too much, you'll break something." I giggle in retort.

"Only because you keep making me study! I feel like my head's about to explode and books will come flying out!" She mimes and explosion from her head, with sounds included, before pouting even harder, drawing the attention of almost everyone in the cafeteria in the process.

"I doubt that." Hisao calls out from behind me before placing two lunches on the table and stretching out his back. "I'm Hisao, nice to meet you, Suzu." He continues.

"Hi!" She chirps back before digging into her ramen with a ravenous hunger akin to a wolf.

"She'll be more talkative once she's eaten." I giggle, remembering our first few study sessions where I had to reward her with food every time she completed a question. Without missing a beat, Hisao slides into the seat next to her and removes a small pre-packed lunch from his backpack.

"So what bring you here, Hisao?" I queery while breaking my chopsticks apart, causing his face to scrunch up slightly.

"To the cafeteria? Lunch." He responds plainly while pulling a sandwich from a small box.

"No I mean to Yamaku, silly. You know Suzu's and mine is pretty obvious, so It's only fair." I shrug, making sure that my stump is resting on the table in case he hasn't noticed it. Somehow.

"I had a heart attack after one of my best friends confessed to me. It sounds like a bad book, I know." He chuckles dryly before taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Ooooh you should introduce us to her, Hisao!" Suzu explodes with a mouth full of noodles, causing me to cringe twofold.

"Well I would, but she lives pretty far away."

"Awhhhhh. I bet you'd be a cute couple." She pouts again, disregarding the fact she has no Idea who this girl is... or even who Hisao is, given she's only ever exchanged greetings with him.

---

"I love your use of reds here, Rin." Nomiya's words shake me from my thoughts. Those thoughts that I usually end up caught in when I paint. Very annoying.

"Yeah, my last painting was so blue I just wanted to get away from it for a while." I chuckle back.

"Well I think you made a fantastic choice with these colors!" He continues, now taking a step back to take in the work from a distance.

"You shouldn't judge art before it's done, remember." I chide after placing the brush down alongside the my messy palette. My spine pops, almost audibly, as I turn to look at the clock. I should probably rescue Emi before she runs herself to death. "Nomiya, do you mind?" I swivel my head back around to the bespectacled art teacher.

"Of course, you get going." He chuckles, his whole body shaking in unison with his deep laugh.

"Thanks!" I call out while slipping on my sandals and grabbing my bag with my mouth. "I'wl fwinish it later thish week." I continue as Nomiya lifts the painting from the easel and places it on a nearby desk. I push the door open with my shoulder and slip outside into the nearly empty hallway. My footsteps echo slightly as I begin trotting my way towards the stairs, further driving home the point that I get far too distracted when get in the zone. As does a certain other person I know.

I push through the final door with a heave and see the setting sun dying the sky orange. I should take a picture.... I'll take one after I find Emi. Surely enough, I see a head of blonde hair bobbing around the track as I step up the small hill that cuts off the track field from the school. It looks like she's at the end of her rope, her loose ponytail has become more of a messy bun of hair at this point. I heave a sigh through the bag still resting between my teeth and make my way over to the track, coming to a stop at the finish line. Not long after, Emi rounds the last corner and notices me, her determined expression not shifting in the slightest. A few more taps of her prosthesis land her across the line and spawled out on the grass beside me in a matter of seconds.

"Yuu okay?" I slur through the handle of my trusty messenger bag before realizing the futility of holding it any more. I lower myself to the ground alongside Emi and drop the bag before using my tongue to make sure I'm not missing any teeth. That bag seems to get heavier every time I pick it up. Maybe I should use the strap as intended for once... Ah well.

"Far from it." Emi sighs between gasped breaths. "I seem to be getting slower." She continues before lifting her upper body into a sitting position and raising her arms behind her head.

"I brought drinks." I shrug. It's pretty much all I've got to offer at this point, my reassurance skill is seriously underleveled.

"Thank you, Rin." Emi lower her arms, her breathing now a little closer to being under control again. She carefully unclasps the bag and reaches inside before pulling two small boxes of juice out and placing one at her side, leaving both hands free to impale the other with a straw for my sake.

"Besides, even if you are getting slower, you're still the fastest thing on no legs." I chuckle.

"Even so..." Emi begins, but trails off, her eyes now attached to the distant horizon and setting sun. "I'll be seeing my mother this weekend."

"So you need to place first?" I tilt my head slightly, locking my eyes onto Emi's face.

"It'd be for the best, yes. You know what my mother can be like." She sighs, a small frown forming on her lips.

"You do still have like, four days until the track meet. Or I could kick Miki in the legs for you? Everyone knows how clumsy I am..." I lay on the sarcasm causing her frown to break into a smile.

"Thanks Rin. For trying to cheer me up." Her gaze settles on me, as does a warm smile.

"No problem. That offer is still open, too." I chuckle.

"I don't think espionage will be appropriate." She giggles before standing up again. "Come on, I need a shower."

"Is that an invite?"

---

Notes:

Art from literarylondon.org and Four Leaf Studios!

I'm English, so I use color instead of colour, sorry everyone else.
Alpacalypse

Re: Swampie's Stories : Mirror Shots : 2 : 26/10/15

Post by Alpacalypse »

I approve of this - I didn't say it before, so I'm saying it now. :D

So, did Hisao and Iwanako get together in this universe? He seems to be a lot more open about the whole thing. I dunno *shrug*.
However, from the sounds of it, it seems that Meiko's a meanie in this universe. Not so great then. I'll be interested to see how this plays out.
swampie2 wrote:I'm English, so I use color instead of colour
That's not the English spelling. We use "colour" instead of "color". You are not true Englishman!!!!! :evil:
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
swampie2

Re: Swampie's Stories : Mirror Shots : 2 : 26/10/15

Post by swampie2 »

Alpacalypse wrote:So, did Hisao and Iwanako get together in this universe? He seems to be a lot more open about the whole thing. I dunno *shrug*.

However, from the sounds of it, it seems that Meiko's a meanie in this universe. Not so great then. I'll be interested to see how this plays out.
The next chapter will hold all the answers. :twisted:
Alpacalypse wrote:That's not the English spelling. We use "colour" instead of "color". You are not true Englishman!!!!! :evil:
Dammit, I knew something was wrong when I typed that out. :oops: