Cowlick and Claws!

WORDS WORDS WORDS

AntonSlavik020

Re: Cowlick and Claws!

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

I love how flabbergasted Isamu is at how successful Hisao is at talking to Lilly and Hanako, especially since Hisao doesn't think he's actually doing anything special. Very funny stuff.:lol: Just keep doing what you're doing, it's clearly working.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Well, here we go everybody, part 4 of Cowlick and Claws! Hisao and Isamu talk about the future and the past, of love and their quests to attain it. Without further ado:
===============================================================================================================

Hisao and I are sitting in my room, the TV playing some obscure anime neither of us has ever heard of while we discuss his plans for tomorrow.

“This is crazy, dude. I didn't believe you at first, but I really think Lilly and I are going on a date tomorrow!” Cowlick boy is pretty damn flustered, not that I'm surprised in the least. The look on his face when he told me that Lilly said he was handsome all but confirmed their budding relationship. I can't help but feel a bit jealous. They do say blondes have more fun, after all.

“Normally, what you're planning on wearing would be an important topic, but I don't think Lilly will mind even if you wore a bright orange jacket.” Hisao nervously chuckles at my joke, still not accustomed to disability-related humor, but he's coming around. “That aside, you're going to get a birthday gift for Hanako. Do you have any idea if she has some other plans, or if it's just a shopping trip?”

He shrugs and starts to think before shaking his head. “No, she didn't mention anything about it. Are you sure this is a date? I just don't get it....why me?” I'm sure every guy in Yamaku is asking the same question, Hisao.

“I ask myself the same question sometimes, dude. Misaki's awesome. The whole scoliosis thing can be a hassle sometimes, but frankly, I couldn't care less about it. I'm just glad to be able to spend time with her.” My mentioning Misaki seems to pique Hisao's curiosity on the matter, which isn't unexpected considering what I asked of him during the festival.

“So...what's the story with that? I mean, I never told anybody, but why are you trying to hide it?” Sighing, I fold my hands over each other, trying to think of the proper words.

“It's stupid, really, but basically our group of friends has been teasing us since first year about getting together. I was too busy with....stuff to get into a relationship, and she gave up somewhere during second year. Started dating this jackass in 2-1. He tried to keep her from hanging out with us, so eventually Miki and I told him off for her. She was pretty pissed at us for a while, but when she saw him with some other girl less than a week later, she just...broke.”

I heave an unhappy sigh and turn to Hisao before continuing. “Miki and Suzu told me to stay out of it while they cheered her up, since it was my fault in the first place. Their words, not mine. Apparently she'd really gotten over me until I stormed over to the guy's room and beat the ever-loving shit out of him. Didn't help that he's mute and couldn't call for help.”

“Wait, how did you not get in trouble? I would think a school like this would take fights really seriously...” Hisao's question is a valid one, and it takes a lot to keep from laughing at the memory.

“He cried pretty bad, I took a few pictures, and told him that his playboy reputation was now wholly in my claws. I was smart not to hit him in the face, so he could just hide the bruises under his shirt. Only people who know it even happened are me, Taro, Misaki, Miki, Suzu, him and now you. Another secret between us, I suppose. Hmmm, now that I think about it, you know a little too much about my life. All I know about you is some mystery girl from before Yamaku.”

His reaction is about what I expected, the nervous chest rub and a bit of stammering. “Well...yeah. I...guess I ought to tell you about why I'm at Yamaku, at least. It's my heart.” My eyes widen at the revelation. His heart? That's....not good. Not good at all. He can obviously tell what I'm thinking, as he tries to wave off my worrying.

“It's not that bad, really. My medication works well enough to keep me alive. I just have to avoid overexerting myself or getting hit in the chest too hard.” By the end of it, he looks like he's going to tear a hole in his shirt from the rubbing, and if I didn't know better, I'd say his father just died from the look on his face.

“Fuck, dude, that's rough. So, like, you can't do sports or anything?” What an existence. I'm a gamer myself, but if I could never run around with the gang and play a game of soccer or something every now and again I'd be miserable.

“Not really. The nurse suggested I get some light exercise to strengthen my heart, which was why I ended up running with Emi in the first place, but I don't think that's a good fit.” Yeah, no shit, that girl would kill you in a day.

“Yeah, that makes sense, that girl goes way too hard on the track. Miki's damn good and all that, but she knows how to live a life outside of running, too. Have you thought of anything else to help out? I think the medical building has a treadmill or something...” The suggestion doesn't seem to go over too well with him.

“I'm not really sure...I wasn't very active before I found out about it, and I think I might just keep a quiet life.” I can't say I agree with that decision, but I can't really imagine being in his position. It's not quite like that Enomoto girl, but it's still pretty bad.

“Hey, if you're sure about it. Just be careful, alright man? I'd hate to graduate without you.” He seems to take the sentiment to heart, and puts his hand on my shoulder.

“Don't worry Isamu, if tomorrow goes well, I don't think an army could stop me from sticking around.” The slight smile on his face just goes to show how determined he is to keep this thing going.

“Hell yeah, dude.” Now Hisao's got a curious look on his face, and it catches me off guard. “What's up?”

“You never finished the story about you and Misaki. We kinda got distracted after the part where you beat that guy up.”

“Oh yeah, that's where things get complicated. Once Misaki found out about that, she fell hard for me again. I was still busy with...other things, so for a while nothing happened between us, but when I started asking myself why I did that, I couldn't come up with any reason other than that I was jealous, and pissed off that he treated her that way.”

Again, I let out a sigh as I continue the story. “But she was still torn up from what happened, and I wasn't even sure she wanted me after that guy. So, for a few months, we were completely unsure of how either person felt, or if we even wanted there to be more to it. Then, one night, she was having really bad back pains, and I had some leftover massage oil...” Hisao's eyebrows rise at that revelation, and I shush him before getting back to it.

“Anyway, I had some massage oil, and she joked about whether lobster claws were good for back massages, so I figured I had to show her just how good they were. Miki walked in like halfway through, and when we were joking about how she'd get the wrong idea, she asked why I beat her ex-boyfriend up.

“So I told her. I told her how angry it made me that he treated her like that, how she deserved somebody who'd treat her properly, and she asked me why I let her date some other asshole when I knew how she felt about me.”

“Wow, so what'd you do?”

“I showed her how she deserved to be treated right then and there. Up to that point, it was the best night of our lives. And it just got better.” I give Hisao a confident nod. “So if things go even half as well for you, you're gonna be in for the time of your life, buddy. Count on it.”

The look of hope on his face when we bid each other good night tells me that I made the right choice in telling him about me and Misaki. Good luck, kid. Good luck.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
Your paradise is something I’ve endured
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
And something has to die to be reborn-I don’t want to be here anymore"
brythain

Post by brythain »

I'm being very entertained by this whole perspective on Hisao's relationship. I wonder which ending he gets...

Meanwhile, Isamu/Misaki is a great idea that keeps getting better. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

brythain wrote:I'm being very entertained by this whole perspective on Hisao's relationship. I wonder which ending he gets...

Meanwhile, Isamu/Misaki is a great idea that keeps getting better. :)
Well, considering that, this time, his best mate isn't a crazy anti-feminist nutjob and is instead somebody with actual relationship experience, it can't go too badly, right? Famous last words
I'm betting that Isamu will tell him to actually talk with Lilly and not immediately assume that she wants to leave, so I can see it being at least better than the regular Neutral ending.
Keep going with this, I like it quite a lot :D
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Thank you for the kind words, you two.

Slightly-related note: I learned today that I also suffer from chronic arrhythmia. Mine's not nearly as bad as Hisao's just some minor backflow through a valve and a murmur. Just thought it was funny in a morbid way.
"I don’t want to be here anymore, I know there’s nothing left worth staying for.
See I don’t think I can fight this anymore, I’m listening with one foot out the door
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Well, it's been a week, but this is not dead! Far from it! Chapter/Part/Piece/Bit 5 is now available for your viewing, just an inch below these words right now!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hisao doesn't get back from the city until it's dark out, and when I hear his door open, I make my way to my own and open it. “Soooooo, how did it go?”

After putting down a shopping bag, Hisao turns to me, a huge, goofy-looking smile on his face. “It went great. We got ice cream, her sister showed up with her cousin, we found presents for Hanako, then the two of us got tea, and on the way back we...ended up admitting that we'd just gone on a full-blown date. And we agreed to go on another.”

Normally I'd be happy for my friend, but one thing he said is causing me great distress. “Hakamichi was there? How did they not destroy the city in the ensuing battle?!” Hisao just laughs and shakes his head.

“No, no, it was Shizune's brother, Hideaki.” Oh god there's more Hakamichis? I was just hoping that the class president was some alien monster hatched from our secret overlords or something, but having siblings? That's worse: it means she's a person somehow.

“Well, that's...good. The date thing. I'm gonna need some time to process Hakamichi having family members. That's just terrifying...” My worrying is met with a chuckle and a tired yawn.

“Sorry dude, it's been a long day in the city. I'm gonna make sure my work's handled and get to sleep.” I nod and go back into my own room, admittedly tired myself.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, I'm sitting at lunch with Taro, Suzu, Misaki and Miki when my narcoleptic friend turns to me drowsily and starts speaking. “Hey, I didn't know you and Nakai were friends. Apparently you ran into him at the festival? With Misaki?”

No. No, no no no no nooooo. Misaki and I share a look, and she's just as shocked as I am. I can hear Taro and Miki suppressing giggles. Suzu, noooooooo. You were supposed to be my friend, why would you instigate an inquisition?! Miki or Taro I could understand, but not you!

Trying to think of an answer, I decide to buy myself some time. “And where did you hear this?”

“From Ikezawa, of all people.”

“What.” This time, Miki speaks up.

“Yeeeeep. Overheard her talking to your buddy when they were leaving for their little tea club. She mentioned that Misaki and Isamu seemed nice. So....when group work came up, we decided to give our brunette friend a little investigation. He admitted that the two of you hung out with him, Hanako and Lilly.” Damnit Hisao, I try and give you advice on banging the Amazon and this is how you repay me?! Bastard.

Now Taro jumps in. “Yeah, and he got all nervous when we asked how you two were acting together. Admit it, you two, we've got you red-handed!” Ugh, he's not wrong. I really hope Hisao didn't buckle under the pressure. At least not the pressure from Taro. Not even a wet towel would buckle under an interrogation from him.

“Oh, and what did he say?” This seems to take the wind out of Taro's sail for a second, but Suzu jumps in to rescue him. As effectively as Suzu can rescue someone, anyway.

“He said that he wasn't sure because he was paying too much attention to Satou and Ikezawa.” Really, Hisao? That's the opposite of backing me up. No grace under pressure.

Speaking of which, it's at that moment that Misaki breaks. Fortunately, it's not in the way I was fearing, with her spilling her guts and admitting to it. Unfortunately, it's in just about the worst way she could have broken. “God, you guys are so fucking annoying with this! We told you over a dozen times, there is nothing going on between us!”

“Then kiss me.” Everybody looks to Taro, who is staring straight at Misaki with a completely serious look on his face. This is just getting better and better.

“Taro, I think she'd rather make out with a blender.”

“While it's running.”

“On the highest setting.” Ouch, a triple-team from the girls seems to shut my overly-sized friend down.

“It's okay Taro, I thought it was at least an admirable effort.” His grin says otherwise, though.

“For once in my life, I was joking about kissing a girl. I don't like used goods.” My god Taro, if that was not my girlfriend, I would be high-fiving you from here to Cambodia right now.

Miki and Suzu are looking at Misaki, who doesn't look hurt in the least. “Then we're all in agreement, then.”

“Yep, that proves it.”

“Taro's convinced himself that he's not a desperate sadsack.”

“Gonna need a burn heal for that one, dude.” My Pokemon reference goes over Misaki and Miki's heads, but Suzu chuckles softly and gives me a thumbs up, which I return.

Taro is, as expected, deflated, but he recovers quickly and moves to another method to oust my relationship: babe-watching.

“So, Isamu, what do you think of...ooh, how about Molly? She's looking good today.” A wink and a nudge accompany his suggestion, and I just laugh, speaking before I realize it.

“She looked better under me.” God damnit, I did it again, didn't I?

“So dead, Isamu.”

“You're fucked more than you've ever been fucked before, dude.”

“You and your big mouth.”

Yeah, I did it again.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sitting in my room that night when Hisao knocks on the door. “Hey dude, I got your text. You said we had to talk?”

My door is opened and closed in a second, with me yanking Hisao in by his uniform and pushing him to the bed. “Hey, watch it dude, you trying to kill me?”

“I should say that to you! Miki and the others mentioned at lunch today that they spoke to you in class!” Hisao just shrugs.

“So, I just told them I didn't really notice anything going on between you and Misaki at the festival because I was distracted. What's the issue?” I sigh at him and shake my head.

“You're gonna be the death of me if this keeps up. You're not very good at subterfuge, are you?” In response, Hisao rubs the back of his neck. “Thought so. I'm up shit creek with Misaki right now because of that conversation. Again.” He looks genuinely concerned at that. What a guy.

“What happened? Are you two gonna be alright?” I nervously look around the room before blurting out my mistake.

“I may have mentioned that I banged the Indian chick in your class. Molly.” Hisao's jaw just drops.

“You what? Who? Why would you say that?!”

“Despite his appearances, Taro can be deceptively good at getting you to say the wrong thing at the wrong time. This is the second time in like two weeks that he's gotten me in trouble with her.”

After thinking for a few seconds, Hisao snaps his fingers before looking at me and screwing up his face.

“Oh my god, you snapped your fingers, so offended!” Waving my hands at him, I roll my eyes. “Idea, cowlick! Idea!” He looks hurt by my nickname and starts patting his hair down, to no avail.

“I don't know if I should tell you.....Lobster boy.” He said it. Yes. He said Lobster boy. My little boy is growing into a man. I'm so proud. I can't help but laugh and shake my head.

“Just get on with it. You owe me.” With a shrug of admission, Hisao continues.

“You should pretend to date someone else.” I just stare at Hisao blankly for a moment.

“That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.”

“Sorry I'm coming up with ideas! I don't see you making any bright plans to keep your relationship with Misaki a secret!” His eyes widen when he realizes just how loud he said that, to which I just sigh.

“I might as well just tell them at this rate.” It's then that an idea comes to me. An idea so disgustingly brilliant, that it disgusts me with its brilliance. And is immediately discarded “No, that's retarded, I'm not gonna pretend to be gay.”

Hisao almost falls over laughing, before regaining his composure and looking at me. “And you said my idea was bad.”

“Sorry I'm coming up with ideas!” Mocking Hisao, I shake my head and shrug my shoulders. “Between denying it and admitting it, I expect less broody arguments by telling them, frankly. I've had enough bullshit to deal with by opening my stupid mouth and making myself look like an ass. At least Misaki knew about Molly and I before that. It'd be worse if I mentioned someone I...met...while she was dating that jackass. Whatever, this'll blow over like it always does. How's the lady friend on your side?”

Hisao smiles and nods a few times in response. “Okay. She's been a bit distracted lately, but she's looking forward to Hanako's birthday party this weekend. I'm not even sure what we're actually doing, really, but I figure she'll let me know soon enough.”

“Nice, dude. You got Hanako that little doll, right? And that music box?” Hisao takes a few seconds to respond to my question, seeming a bit pensive.

“Yeah, the doll, but I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with the music box. It was sort of just an impulsive purchase on my part.” I shrug at my friend.

“I'm sure you'll figure something out.” As I finish my sentence, Hisao stands.

“Yeah, probably. I gotta go take care of homework. It was nice chatting with you, dude. Hope thing go alright with Misaki!” His reminder makes me groan dejectedly.

“You and me both. We'll see.”
Solistor

Post by Solistor »

I like how this fic isn't solely focused on Isamu and Hisao's dynamic, and that we're getting some time with his posse as well. Can't wait to read more!
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

So Isamu seems to be quite the Casanova…
*Gary Stu warning*

That slip up was pretty bad, though.
If Taro can elicit THAT kind of information just by talking to someone he'll have a grand career in journalism, policework, corporate sales or any number of other fields ahead of him.
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
AntonSlavik020

Post by AntonSlavik020 »

That awkward moment where your strongly rooting against the protagonist. The longer they hide their relationship from their friends the more I'll be annoyed with them. They're going to have to tell them eventually, so the sooner they do so the less annoyed their friends will be at them for hiding it. When he mentIoned that he was in hot water with Misaki twice in the past week or so, I immediately thought that that wouldn't have happened if they simply didn't keep their relationship secret. I hate it when friends hide important stuff from each other.
Best girl
Hanako=Shizune>Misha>Lilly>Rin>Emi

Best route
Hanako>Lilly>Rin>Emi>Shizune
Feurox

Post by Feurox »

“She looked better under me.” God damnit, I did it again, didn't I?

“So dead, Isamu.”

“You're fucked more than you've ever been fucked before, dude.”

“You and your big mouth.”

Yeah, I did it again
This gave me stitches.
If Taro can elicit THAT kind of information just by talking to someone he'll have a grand career in journalism, policework, corporate sales or any number of other fields ahead of him.
That made me need more.

But in all seriousness, you're getting a pretty decent mix of both (Cowlick x Lobster boy) and (Lobster Boy x Love interest) and your character is both likable, and admittedly a bit of an Asshole I can't really find much to criticize at the moment. But I'll be keeping an eye open. Try and keep this dynamic equally balanced I would say, so you don't deviate too much from the whole "Bro" feel. I like it basically. Keep up the good work.
My Molly Route
Ekephrasis and Other Stories
I hate when people ruin perfectly good literature with literary terminology.
- CraftyAtom
Oddball

Post by Oddball »

Just out of curiosity, is your character in anyway inspired by Grady Stiles?
Not Dead Yet
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Oddball wrote:Just out of curiosity, is your character in anyway inspired by Grady Stiles?
Only the condition. Stiles had it REAL bad, though, his legs were so malformed that he couldn't walk properly. Also, Isamu's not an angry, murderous lobster. He's nice enough.....usually.

I expect to have a new chapter in a few days. My muses come and go, unfortunately, so I can never really put a set schedule on these things, though I'm trying to maintain one every week or two. Honestly, I've been lost in the world of RWBY fanfiction. I have 20 bookmarked, and am down to like 3 left.

Help me.
brythain

Post by brythain »

azumeow wrote:Honestly, I've been lost in the world of RWBY fanfiction. I have 20 bookmarked, and am down to like 3 left.

Help me.
You're a fanfic-devouring lobster machine, there's no help for that condition. :D
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Alpacalypse

Post by Alpacalypse »

brythain wrote:
azumeow wrote:Honestly, I've been lost in the world of RWBY fanfiction. I have 20 bookmarked, and am down to like 3 left.

Help me.
You're a fanfic-devouring lobster machine, there's no help for that condition. :D
Hey, it's me from about five months ago, when I first arrived here :D !
Seriously, I spent an entire week reading Sisterhood in my free time and nothing else. That was not fun.
I am the harbinger of your destruction... By herbivorous, mountain dwelling quadrupeds... fear me
---
I also write now, apparently. Since everyone else does it, I'm putting it here
---
I have also discovered that I'm a decent proofreader. Anybody with SPaG problems is free to PM me their work for a thorough analysis and/or evisceration. Depends on how I'm feeling.
azumeow

Post by azumeow »

Sorry for the delay on this one. Also, that it's a short one. Anyway, here we goooooooo.

A soft sigh escapes my lips as Misaki plants a soft kiss on my collarbone, and she giggles at my lack of restraint. I'm gingerly running my fingers through her hair, and the smell of her shampoo leads a pleasant assault on my nose. It's nights like these that make me want to thank whatever cosmic entity controls how the Universe develops.

While the two of us are enjoying our night in, I can't help but smirk at the fact tat Hisao has most definitely not returned from his little party with Lilly and Hanako. Judging by the fact that it's almost midnight, though, something tells me the Ghost of Yamaku is no longer involved in whatever my hallmate is up to.

A set of footsteps in the hall breaks our silent enjoyment of each other's presence, and the last thing I wanted to hear becomes apparent: knocking. On my bedroom door.

Fuck.

A somewhat unexpected voice calmly calls out, oblivious to the fact that my room is the only one occupied for some distance in this abandoned section of the male dorms. “Hey, Isamu, you there?”

Misaki and I look at each other, panic evident on our faces, and she whispers frantically to me. “Why the hell is Taro coming to your room this late?!” I just shrug in response to the question.

Another soft knock makes me grimace as I get up, pulling on a pair of sleep pants over myself to avoid letting Taro see too much. As I lean against the door, I call out to Taro on the other side. “What do you need dude? If you haven't noticed, it's late as hell.”

“We gotta talk. Seriously. Let me in.” My eyes shoot open in response, and I look back at Misaki, who is laying in my bed with a confused look on her face.

“No, dude, it can wait until morning. I'd like to actually sleep.” I hear a grunt of derision from the other side of the door.

“Yeah, as if you're sleeping while you've got Misaki in there. Suzu and Miki texted me that she wasn't in her room when they went by to hang out with her before. And where else would she be?” An idea so insane crosses my mind that I can't help but voice it, hoping against reason that Taro's lewd fantasies distract him enough to get him off my case.

“Maybe they just wanted to keep her...all...to...themselves...” My voice lowers with each word, eventually taking on an extremely suggestive tone, and I can hear Taro lean harder on the door.

As expected, it does not work. “And maybe you're not fucking Misaki. However, we all know neither of those things are true. Now are you gonna let me in and come clean, or do I have to tell Miki and Suzu that you're stonewalling me?” My earlier talk with Hisao at the forefront of my mind, I decide to give up the charade.

I sigh and open the door, causing Misaki to panic and hide herself under the covers.

Taro steps in victoriously, looking at the lump of blankets on my bed and smirking. “Hi Misaki.” I can't help but chuckle as a soft, muffled voice comes from inside the lump.

“H-h-hi...Taro.” The two of us just share a look and shrug, Taro moving to sit at the chair in front of my desk.

“Are you gonna tell Miki and Suzu, or are you going to leave explaining all the illicit details that to me?” A quick glare is all it takes to shut him up, and quickly. “Alright, alright, fine. I don't get why you didn't just tell us, though.”

Laughing, I take a seat on the corner of the bed. “What, and let you guys miss out on all the fun of playing detective? I could never rob my friends of such great pleasure.” Taro just shakes his head at me.

“Isamu, you really are a jackass sometimes, ya know?” His friendly smirk assures me that he's mostly joking, not that I would have doubted that anyway.

“I wouldn't be me if I wasn't!” We both chuckle a bit, before Taro turns to the lump on my bed again.

“Misaki, you don't have to hide yourself.” We both hear a gasp and I hold my sides, my laughter threatening to knock me on my side.

“I....I kinda do, actually.” It takes Taro a second to pick up on what she means, and he looks at me, finally seeming to understand what my wearing only a pair of loose-fitting pajama pants means, his face going completely red.

“Oh. Ohhhhh.” Being in a situation where actual sex between actual people is involved, he seems to be a bit over his head. Not that I blame the guy, half the guys in this school would have no idea what to do in his situation, Cowlick Boy included. Despite his rapid success and getting close to Lilly, he still doesn't have much intuition when it comes to this kind of stuff. “I, uh...I should probably go, then? Yeah, I should probably go.”

Getting up quickly, Taro moves faster than I can ever remember seeing him, carefully closing the door behind him.

“Looks like tomorrow's gonna be interesting.” For Hisao and myself, that is.