The Third Star - A Misha epilogue

WORDS WORDS WORDS

Path

Re: The Third Star - A Misha epilogue

Post by Path »

That was a neat chapter, worth the wait. Really like the the fortune telling scene and the reveal on who it was. It makes more sense considering Molly's name being pronounce the same in Japanese. :lol:

Molly would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the meddling Student Council President and her lapdog.
Valjean Lafitte wrote:"No, Misha, I wasn't trying to be cute. I was trying to be mean."
That has to be my favorite line and made me like Mean Girls' Molly. Though I'm kind of disappointed Molly getting her just desserts in the end, but made Misha know whose boss.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Path wrote:That was a neat chapter, worth the wait. Really like the the fortune telling scene and the reveal on who it was. It makes more sense considering Molly's name being pronounce the same in Japanese. :lol:
My headcanon is that Molly's name is really 'Moriko', the name her Japanese mother gave her. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Mirage_GSM wrote:Rule of thumb - Leave out the "Shicchan and" and see if it still makes sense.

Which sound correct to you?

"I briefly consider buying funny masks for [] I to wear"
or
"I briefly consider buying funny masks for [] me to wear"
See, I knew there was a rule of thumb that applied here, but I had completely forgotten it. You are correct and "Shicchan and I" sounds very wrong. Thanks! :)
Path wrote: Molly would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the meddling Student Council President and her lapdog.
:lol:
Valjean Lafitte wrote:"No, Misha, I wasn't trying to be cute. I was trying to be mean.
That has to be my favorite line and made me like Mean Girls' Molly. Though I'm kind of disappointed Molly getting her just desserts in the end, but made Misha know whose boss.
I'm so relieved that you like Mean Girls' Molly! I know how big of a fan you are of her, and, well... since you kept asking when the next chapter would come out, I worried that you'd positively hate her depiction here. I'm glad that's not the case, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the chapter. :D
brythain wrote:
Path wrote:That was a neat chapter, worth the wait. Really like the the fortune telling scene and the reveal on who it was. It makes more sense considering Molly's name being pronounce the same in Japanese. :lol:
My headcanon is that Molly's name is really 'Moriko', the name her Japanese mother gave her. :)
I cannot lie, your headcanon for Molly may have influenced me a little. :wink:
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."
Mirage_GSM

Post by Mirage_GSM »

I'm so relieved that you like Mean Girls' Molly!
Hey, I posit she was only this mean, because she wanted to outdo Shizune in that department, so that she'd be more appealing to Misha's masochistic streak. :mrgreen:
Emi > Misha > Hanako > Lilly > Rin > Shizune

My collected KS-Fan Fictions: Mirage's Myths
griffon8 wrote:Kosher, just because sex is your answer to everything doesn't mean that sex is the answer to everything.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Path

Post by Path »

brythain wrote:My headcanon is that Molly's name is really 'Moriko', the name her Japanese mother gave her. :)
I don't think you wrote much of Molly/Moriko besides 2 one shots IIRC. Though I could be wrong since I haven't read your After The Dream piece :oops:
Valjean Lafitte wrote: worried that you'd positively hate her depiction here. I'm glad that's not the case, and I'm glad that you enjoyed the chapter. :D
Any interpretation of Molly is cool, just like any character people brought to life in their writing. Kind of like a picture worth a thousand picture situation.
Mirage_GSM wrote: Hey, I posit she was only this mean, because she wanted to outdo Shizune in that department, so that she'd be more appealing to Misha's masochistic streak. :mrgreen:
If that's the case, then I want this rivalry to continue, though I'll feel bad for Misha being on the receiving end.
brythain

Post by brythain »

Path wrote:
brythain wrote:My headcanon is that Molly's name is really 'Moriko', the name her Japanese mother gave her. :)
I don't think you wrote much of Molly/Moriko besides 2 one shots IIRC. Though I could be wrong since I haven't read your After The Dream piece :oops:
In AtD, Molly appears in the first few scenes of Suzu's story, with even a couple of first-person chunks. Then she goes off to San Francisco, and the rest is her own story which I haven't written yet. :)
Post-Yamaku, what happens? After The Dream is a mosaic that follows everyone to the (sometimes) bitter end.
Main Index (Complete)Shizune/Lilly/Emi/Hanako/Rin/Misha + Miki + Natsume
Secondary Arcs: Rika/Mutou/AkiraHideaki | Others (WIP): Straw—A Dream of SuzuSakura—The Kenji Saga.
"Much has been lost, and there is much left to lose." — Tim Powers, The Drawing of the Dark (1979)
Valjean Lafitte

Post by Valjean Lafitte »

Wow, I never expected to get this much feedback! Thank you all so much for taking the time to read it! :D I have a couple other projects that I need to get done first, but I'll start writing the next chapter ASAP, I swear.
Mirage_GSM wrote:
I'm so relieved that you like Mean Girls' Molly!
Hey, I posit she was only this mean, because she wanted to outdo Shizune in that department, so that she'd be more appealing to Misha's masochistic streak. :mrgreen:
You're basically correct, though there might be more to Molly's bitchiness than meets the eye...
Sharp-O wrote:What a bitchy Molly! I like it! Also never really thought about her name being short for a Japanese name. Pretty clever.
Thanks!
"I wonder what is it about the rain?"
"Everything."