A very crunchy drawings thread

Are you a deviant enough dude to post here?
AaronIsCrunchy

A very crunchy drawings thread

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

I've always fancied Hanako as a secret hardcore-fan, so along with the knowledge that she likes karaoke, this is my homage to that. It's the first thing I've drawn properly in nearly 5 years, and I'm pretty sure it shows :p I regret putting the pen colouring in her hair now, I thought it would darken it, but meh. I'd be curious to see what you guys think :)
Attachments
Drawing1.jpg
Drawing1.jpg (154.76 KiB) Viewed 12488 times
Last edited by AaronIsCrunchy on Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Because green eyes are best eyes.
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Re: Something I've been working on...

Post by Munchenhausen »

hahaha awesome! :P
What song is she singing?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
I also occasionally write oneshots. Why not have a skimread?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:hahaha awesome! :P
No Heroes by Converge, I absolutely love it but then my music taste is frequently nihilistic at best ;) I'm amazed you like it though, thanks!
http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9511 - A thread of my drawings. Don't expect a lot.

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
No Heroes by Converge, I absolutely love it but then my music taste is frequently nihilistic at best ;) I'm amazed you like it though, thanks!
Just gave it a listen... It's just exactly the opposite of what she may sing, that it's strangely fitting.
in a weird way :P

and yeah, man! It's always good to have some new drawings :) How long you been drawing for?
Like stupid, silly doodles with no point? You've come to the right place, friend :^)
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
"We are a small country full of the most stubborn bastards on the planet. You might want to rethink your actions." - Anon
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:
AaronIsCrunchy wrote:
Just gave it a listen... It's just exactly the opposite of what she may sing, that it's strangely fitting.
in a weird way :P

and yeah, man! It's always good to have some new drawings :) How long you been drawing for?
Haha, I just figured it was kinda fitting due to their vocalist writing their songs and singing them as he does for cathartic reasons, so why wouldn't be the same for our dear Hanako? :D
I haven't drawn anything in particular since I was 13, and I'm 18 now, but I doodle a lot mindlessly (studying accountancy at college allows for A LOT of doodling). I've never been much cop at it, but I've loved looking through different people's drawings and artworks on the board and thought I might as well give it a try :)

AaronIsCrunchy

Re: A very crunchy drawings thread

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Thought I'd post this here. I'm fascinated by eyes, so I really wanted to do one with a close up of them. I'd eventually like to do ones for each character, but we'll see. Also, I may do a full-colour one someday, although that will likely not be until I get a graphics tablet. Constructive criticism is, as always, welcome :)
Attachments
Photo0225.jpg
Photo0225.jpg (85.47 KiB) Viewed 12357 times

Hotkey

Post by Hotkey »

That looks very nice.

I don't know nothing 'bout art, but the hair is all nice and interwoven, and the turquoise/aqua eye colour is nice. I assume works with a tablet would be better, but it's interesting to see the pencil sketches - it gives beginners realistic proof of where artists begin and how much can be done with just graphite and a sheet of A4.
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Got this idea from one of Munchenhausen's posts about Rin having a tortoise in the 'Disabled Animals' thread - I just thought it was glorious :L
It's also my first picture done not using a tangible medium, which as it turns out, is bloody difficult. Hope you guys like it :) (And once more, any suggestions on improving, in which there are many, would be gleefully accepted!)
Rin's tortoise and other children's stories.png
Rin's tortoise and other children's stories.png (133.95 KiB) Viewed 12197 times

Munchenhausen

Post by Munchenhausen »

"Rin's tortoise and other children's stories"
That right there is a book I would read 10/10

Great work, mate :D Also what setup are you using for that picture?
Miki fic? Miki fic!
---
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Munchenhausen wrote:"Rin's tortoise and other children's stories"
That right there is a book I would read 10/10

Great work, mate :D Also what setup are you using for that picture?
Hehe, I wasn't sure what to call it, but I think I'd read it too :P
I used GIMP, which I do have experience using but only for picture modification. I also used a laser mouse, due to me not owning a graphics tablet. To be honest, it probably didn't help with how it looks, but aaah well. Glad you liked it! ^_^

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

What a KS black metal band would look like :P
A band so heavy it's crippling.jpg
A band so heavy it's crippling.jpg (205.59 KiB) Viewed 12088 times

SpunkySix

Post by SpunkySix »

Are you ready to RAWK?!

Awesome.
"Spunky at his Spunkyest/Spunkiest"
"Tissues to the extreme!"
Grimnir

Post by Grimnir »

"DO TYRANTS BY IMMORTAL! Wait ... you girls are a coverband, right?"

Awesome idea btw. I really dig the logo. Whenever I start my Psychedelic Funeral Doomish Black Metal band, I know who to ask for a logo.
Misha: "Oh, Hi, I'm Misha and this is my hetero-life-mate, Silent Shicchan."
AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

Grimnir wrote:"DO TYRANTS BY IMMORTAL! Wait ... you girls are a coverband, right?"

Awesome idea btw. I really dig the logo. Whenever I start my Psychedelic Funeral Doomish Black Metal band, I know who to ask for a logo.
Haha, thanks! I was a bit unsure how the logo would turn out due to the whole symmetry thing, and I do kinda wish it was a little bit more unreadable :lol:

AaronIsCrunchy

Post by AaronIsCrunchy »

And now for something really cheerful. (And yes, Akira does look a lot like Hanako for some reason :L)
It's shite being Scottish.png
It's shite being Scottish.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 11972 times